Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Bungie really need to ban fuckers like this.

They are so limp wristed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

But if they fix it people will cry to deej on twitter that they cant put up a 1.0 k/d playing rift daily with a suros regime and unlevelled long far gone.

Their interference is insane I played a game on my brothers ps4 during IB. Mind you this was my first game with a controller about 5 months.

Best around medal and a 3.4 kd. The entire lobby was green bars with no map knowledge using dogshit weapons.

When i got home 40 minutes later (i live 10 mins away) and have vastly superior internet and its full yellow bar lobby with red sprinkled in and matador, clever dragon city.

They had match making tuned well at one point last year when everyone was playing division. Then they hosed it again.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

But if they fix it people will cry to deej on twitter that they cant put up a 1.0 k/d playing rift daily with a suros regime and unlevelled long far gone.

Their interference is insane I played a game on my brothers ps4 during IB. Mind you this was my first game with a controller about 5 months.

Best around medal and a 3.4 kd. The entire lobby was green bars with no map knowledge using dogshit weapons.

When i got home 40 minutes later (i live 10 mins away) and have vastly superior internet and its full yellow bar lobby with red sprinkled in and matador, clever dragon city.

They had match making tuned well at one point last year when everyone was playing division. Then they hosed it again.

Bungies wants everyone to be a winner.

I am convinced that their match making "fix" was basically just resetting everyone's elo (or whatever backend skill rating system bungie uses).

Which Explains why poo poo was good for awhile but is bad again now. That and declining player population.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Declining population doesn't explain how smutty accounts get good matches

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
That's supposed to say smurf account but imma leave it because playing on one is...like having sex

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think Bungie's actual plan is to convince players to rubberband their controllers overnight in a crucible playlist, tank your ELO so you can start fresh each day.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

1.0kd 50% w/l for everyone!

Thank you, comrad!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Either deej is the most tone deaf oval office in history or he's the greatest troll on the internets.

All this talk of green lights and red lights and not one mention of match making tuning.

Special changes are whatever, secondary and primary balance are whatever, they'll gently caress it up somehow.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
What does this even mean

Align potency of Primary Weapons with surgical changes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It could mean either

Make small surgical adjustments to primary weapons to align the potency of various classes of primary weapons (aka move away from pulse and HC)

Or

Alight the strength of the primary weapons with the changes to secondary weapons discussed immediately prior

Pee pee poo poo writing clearly is hard

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FishBulb posted:

What does this even mean

Align potency of Primary Weapons with surgical changes

Probably minor nerf to the fast firing archetype, slight buff to the nirwins archetype, slight buff to autos and probably some perk fuckery.

I wouldnt expect much else, but then again its been a little while since they did a weapon balance patch.

I wouldnt be surprised to see warlock melee get curtailed a touch because theyre the strongest pvp class atm and jugg shield will likely get its wings clipped too, probably the time it takes to proc and how long it lasts.

Hoping for an rng bullet fix is probably asking too much. A bloom adjustment might be a nice mid point if they insist on fuckery.

They should remove skorris from working in pvp too.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Get those god roll Does Not Bow rifles out boys, it's making a comeback!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
They're gonna give you less special ammo and nerf range, just like they do to shotguns every time which never works because they're retards

What they should be doing is slowing shotgun handling down to glue-speed so you can't twist, turn, quick swap, and ADS them so easily. Since you guys are allergic to changing movement nerfs, this is the only other way to do it.

Hopefully primary balance means they make auto rifles great again and make HCR on pulses less effective. The only weapon type that never got its time in the sun was mid impact auto rifles, so maybe hard light and Monte Carlo get the nod.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Get those god roll Does Not Bow rifles out boys, it's making a comeback!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

They're gonna give you less special ammo and nerf range, just like they do to shotguns every time which never works because they're retards

What they should be doing is slowing shotgun handling down to glue-speed so you can't twist, turn, quick swap, and ADS them so easily. Since you guys are allergic to changing movement nerfs, this is the only other way to do it.

Hopefully primary balance means they make auto rifles great again and make HCR on pulses less effective. The only weapon type that never got its time in the sun was mid impact auto rifles, so maybe hard light and Monte Carlo get the nod.

That would be pretty fun.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I have the exact same roll in a Grim Citizen 3. It also has rifled barrel.

I want it to be good, please be good.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't want assault rifles to be good because I only kept the DoP

I just want HCs to stop with the bullshit bullets

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I got like 3 or 4 really good rolls on auto rifles. Id be really happy if they make the fabian strategy viable. That was fun to mess around with.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I have two continentals, both with cb, one with pb, the other bf/rb

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

I have two continentals, both with cb, one with pb, the other bf/rb

Continentals with CB and Rifled owns. Really hoping that archetype gets some go time.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have a continental with rifled CB and Rodeo. I only keep it because if Christopher Walken

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Red Specter with CB Rodeo and Smallbore. It's pretty decent.

This is one of my favorites though. I think it's glitched because it suffers from no damage drop off https://youtu.be/i2JNZk7KJnI

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
My

Body

Is

Ready

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This thread is as dead as our terrible game

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlindSite posted:

Nah, this thread is way more lively. Now the PGS thread...:v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's because all the top posters moved to slack and escaped this dead internet comedy forum.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Remember hulking around 90 rounds of BTRD ammo? pepperidge farm remembers

http://i.imgur.com/7Fj2gLV.gifv

gif only semi related

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Remember hulking around 90 rounds of BTRD ammo? pepperidge farm remembers

http://i.imgur.com/7Fj2gLV.gifv

gif only semi related

I miss me having it, I don't miss other cunts having it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

:rip:

:discourse:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
http://i.imgur.com/QHt9WOZ.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/6ZHuetC.gifv

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just got an unending deluge with counterbalance, braced frame or rifled and persistence.

Barrels got acc, field choke and smart drift.

Its pretty tasty.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
Is Rise of Iron as bad as everyone says it is?? I'm thinking about rejoining Destiny but I last left off on TK with gear level 314. Is the new content worth it?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

Just got an unending deluge with counterbalance, braced frame or rifled and persistence.

Barrels got acc, field choke and smart drift.

Its pretty tasty.

Same role I have. CB Rifled Persistence owwwwwwwwwns with 70 rounds in the mag

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Slackerish posted:

Is Rise of Iron as bad as everyone says it is?? I'm thinking about rejoining Destiny but I last left off on TK with gear level 314. Is the new content worth it?

It's not a ton of content but it's pretty good. The new guns can have some ridiculous rolls on them so if you like min/maxing you'll do alright.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Slackerish posted:

I just started back up. I'm hoping it is.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
I kinda want to roll a new character so im just wondering if i should do all the available poo poo before getting it

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
also if i autolevel to 40 what gear score do i start off with?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Slackerish posted:

also if i autolevel to 40 what gear score do i start off with?

I think you get gear to get you up to 280 light.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Confirmed. It gives you gear.

But no xp. So enjoy grinding all the stuff out.

Starting from scratch is actually a bit refreshing. New lets me relearn my habits. I've been dying a LOT less and doing a lot better making use of cover and working angles. CSGO helped me be more aware of my surroundings and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

this always happens I swear

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/825203487445237760

I like standing up here

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/825204183003447296

I don't think this guy has ever used a sword before

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/825200699877294084

• Locked thread