Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*scary music*

trupm rtump rtump trupm trump

OH GOD

*Screams*

HES BEHIND YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Son of Flukeman.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

orange sky posted:

So the borders are really already closed for people from these countries? How does he sign something and it goes into effect on that same day? Holy poo poo

It's up in the air. There's some question as to whether or not his order would apply to existing green card holders from those countries.

His hands are pretty tied right now in terms of increasing deportations, though. Like he can probably keep up what Obama had going, but lots of stuff to do with immigration and enforcement is way underfunded. That's partially why Obama was able to have so much leeway. It was clear he didn't have enough resources and so the power fell, tacitly, to him to make decisions about it in the executive branch.

Trump has the same amount of leeway, but they'll need increased funding. Now.. if I were a poo poo-eating Democrat hack I would say that might make Paul Ryan and other members of the GOP bristle or have "sticker shock," but I know it won't because the GOP give no fucks about the budget when they're in power.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQ_Ac0uQr0

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mannerup posted:

six months is generous

i have no idea what will happen next week

Inspector Hound posted:

Every day has a 30% chance of Trump resigning in frustration

X-COM Presidency

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

X-COM Presidency

Donald Trump has panicked!

*shoots whole nation in the face*

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Fojar38 posted:

actually china is absolutely turbofucked in the event of a trade war while the us would feel pain but would ultimately be fine. the chinese economy is barely holding together as it is and china's potential measures of retaliation and economic crisis management have already mostly been used up

it is hard to mention this though because it comes dangerously close to me supporting a trump policy

And economic crash -> China's government breaking its compact with the People of unlimited economic growth in exchange for civil liberties -> Riots and protests break out -> Tiananmen Square 2.0

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I know a Tunisian who works in the us hope he's ok

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

edit:

KiteAuraan posted:

Son of Flukeman.

:respek:

DrPossum fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 28, 2017

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Donald Trump has panicked!

*shoots whole nation in the face*

Trump replaces Secret Service with Thin Men, makes a yuuge deal with the invading aliens.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Trump replaces Secret Service with Thin Men, makes a yuuge deal with the invading aliens.

"I actually think the aliens are extremely good and we should surrender to them immediately"

*camera pans past trump to show a sectoid commander, who actually isn't mind controlling him and looks very confused*

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
was this the most eventful week in american history since 9/11?

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

And economic crash -> China's government breaking its compact with the People of unlimited economic growth in exchange for civil liberties -> Riots and protests break out -> Tiananmen Square 2.0

China collapsing is not beneficial to the US or the world at large, we're also turbo-hosed if all trade and diplomacy is singularly viewed as a zero sum game. More than any great known threat, the scariest thing for me right now is the wheels coming off major powers. Putin's Russia may not let the nukes fly, but a failed state brought low by the average Russian drinking industrial solvent because it's 30 cents cheaper than Vodka leaves a ton of nuclear weapons just lying around the frigid tundra equivalent of Florida.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

deathbysnusnu posted:

China collapsing is not beneficial to the US or the world at large, we're also turbo-hosed if all trade and diplomacy is singularly viewed as a zero sum game. More than any great known threat, the scariest thing for me right now is the wheels coming off major powers. Putin's Russia may not let the nukes fly, but a failed state brought low by the average Russian drinking industrial solvent because it's 30 cents cheaper than Vodka leaves a ton of nuclear weapons just lying around the frigid tundra equivalent of Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWjzwuGTXq0

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
this idiotic zero sumism is precisely the attitude which resulted in assholes like donald trump

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Good morning thread

What new horrors shall be revealed today?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

FourLeaf posted:

Good morning thread

Trump doesn't work weekends. Now we all get to think really hard about what one week of trump means. And hold your loved ones close.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

DryGoods posted:

Sometimes it seems, in these dark times, you just don't have the strength to punch a Nazi that needs it. "How can I stand up to fascism and deliver a powerful punch to someone's well deserving face?" We've got you covered when you need a helping hand through the day.

http://i.imgur.com/0axhEhw.gifv

you should probably know how to throw a punch before trying this. Liable to break your hand if you don't curl it right :hai:

I want one of these too

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

FourLeaf posted:

Good morning thread

Putin conference call with Mike Pence leering over his shoulder to make sure Trump doesn't tell him the nuclear codes.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

umm, well i guess im coming to my destination...

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

you should probably know how to throw a punch before trying this. Liable to break your hand if you don't curl it right :hai:

I want one of these too

i was thinking that it looks like a great way to gently caress up your elbow

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

umm, well i guess im coming to my destination...

lol

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i was thinking that it looks like a great way to gently caress up your elbow

Easy solution, don't hit with fist, hit with blunt tool like tire iron or baseball bat.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why did Trump start violating the constitution right away anyway? In retrospect shouldn't he haven waited until after he had dismantled the judiciary?

flod everyone with horror so fast that their heads will be spinning and wont be able to respond, like a blitzkrieg

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

deathbysnusnu posted:

A true, bonafide economic depression along with hot conflict and an uptick in ISIS terrorism worldwide would definitely be a great catalyst for the world to turbojump to Full Fascism.

I wonder if Bannon - Noted Nazi, self-proclaimed Leninist bent on dismantling the current world order, and Adviser to President Donald J. Trump - is trying to do this intentionally? HMMMMMMMM...

Also, here's this (from November 2016, but still):

Professor who called Trump election now predicts impeachment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNhz6a1PKWY

:munch:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jan 28, 2017

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Agrajag posted:

flod everyone with horror so fast that their heads will be spinning and wont be able to respond, like a blitzkrieg

USA rolls for sanity check.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

FourLeaf posted:

Good morning thread

if i remember right he's meeting a bunch of heads of state today, including Putin, which means we should probably take today to shop for bomb shelter supplies

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

UV_Catastrophe posted:

watching hypernormalisation put me into a depression for the rest of my day

Oh cool, so the same pseudo-reality construct Soviet Russians lived in will be what's coming up for us next in America. Great! :shepface:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Oh Hell No posted:

if i remember right he's meeting a bunch of heads of state today, including Putin, which means we should probably take today to shop for bomb shelter supplies

it's just a phone call with putin so he can't lovingly gaze into putin's soul like gwb

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oh Hell No posted:

well it's about time he met with his boss anyway

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

same

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

FourLeaf posted:

Good morning thread

he talks to other world leaders and they will laugh at him

except for you know who

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Phobophilia posted:

this idiotic zero sumism is precisely the attitude which resulted in assholes like donald trump

Emails tho

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why did Trump start violating the constitution right away anyway? In retrospect shouldn't he haven waited until after he had dismantled the judiciary?

Every Trump endeavor seems to follow a pattern of
1. Promise a bunch of crazy poo poo to get investors on board.
2. Slap together the easiest and most visible parts as quickly as possible to demonstrate progress.
3. gently caress off with the money and let the lawyers handle the rest.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

[turns on record to Enigma's Sadeness]

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

This is the force he uses when cutting his dried out shoe leather steaks

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Also re: HyperNormalization re: 9/11 vs ISIS yeah it makes sense that terrorist attacks will continue to grow more sporadic and asymmetric as opposed to one big flashy attack like 9/11 to really ramp up the paranoia in American minds and cause them to eat themselves more rapidly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Hey Baloogs are you still doing your WITP LP

• Locked thread