Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

So if OGS ever gets a fourth Space Noah carrier it'd probably be Kogane? I didn't know the names kept going after the 3 we have.
All we know regarding the Space Noah line is that the 4th and 6th ships (but no mention of the 5th ship, oddly enough) of the line are being constructed on the moon at the start of OG2, with no names given for the ships. Kogane would be a logical direction they'd go for a name, but we'll see if anything further from the Space Noah line even gets completed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Caphi posted:

You don't have to switch accounts to play them, just buy them. I've played all my digital imports on my main US account. I assume you have to keep the owning account around, but I'm not sure how that works.

This assumes of course that the PS4 you have it on is set to be the primary system for it

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

HitTheTargets posted:

So if OGS ever gets a fourth Space Noah carrier it'd probably be Kogane? I didn't know the names kept going after the 3 we have.

From what I understand, "gane" is simply metal, with shirogane, kurogane and hagane being somewhat old fashioned terms for silver, iron and steel.

You could probably extend the naming scheme quite a while.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Streaming Sakura Wars 2 for a bit!

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

AradoBalanga posted:

All we know regarding the Space Noah line is that the 4th and 6th ships (but no mention of the 5th ship, oddly enough) of the line are being constructed on the moon at the start of OG2, with no names given for the ships. Kogane would be a logical direction they'd go for a name, but we'll see if anything further from the Space Noah line even gets completed.

Didn't they end up pretty much dropping the Space Noah line in favor of the...Fir Tree? line?

What is the Air Christmas' classification, anyway?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

MarsDragon posted:

Didn't they end up pretty much dropping the Space Noah line in favor of the...Fir Tree? line?

What is the Air Christmas' classification, anyway?

Christmas.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

This rules and is great.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
So I've decided to play F, and then F Final. Do you guys have any advice?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Find the gameshark code that let's you skip animations.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Any other advice?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What was the dumb morale glitch again for split stages? Whatever it is do that. I think it's you need to end the first half of the stage below 100 morale so on the next stage when it does the subtraction it loops around and gives you near max morale or something.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Rascyc posted:

What was the dumb morale glitch again for split stages? Whatever it is do that. I think it's you need to end the first half of the stage below 100 morale so on the next stage when it does the subtraction it loops around and gives you near max morale or something.

Yeah. When you do two-parter stages, before you finish the first part, have everybody board/debark from their carrier until they're at like 50 will. Or resupply them or whatever.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Inferno-sama posted:

Any other advice?
If this is your first foray into the older games, prepare for range 1 attacks to be the most powerful weapons you have. Conversely, prepare for any attack from range 2 and upward to have a damage penalty applied to it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

drrockso20 posted:

This assumes of course that the PS4 you have it on is set to be the primary system for it

You mean activating the ps4 to the SNG account and having the US account as a sub profile thing?

Also, for GGG: what were the conditions for unlocking the the turn a and G self perfect?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

You mean activating the ps4 to the SNG account and having the US account as a sub profile thing?

Also, for GGG: what were the conditions for unlocking the the turn a and G self perfect?

No, you can have multiple PSN set to primary on one console. Its sets it as the "home" console for that account at lets you use digital purchases/dlc on any account on that system.

So kids/housemates/whatever can have their own accounts and use the digital purchases of the primary account.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I started reading the Linebarrels manga because it got mentionned around here, and wow. That's probably the stupidest apocalypse I've ever seen.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Kingtheninja posted:

Finish the bonus stage that you get for doing all other non-DLC stages + then the quest on that stage, which only unlocks once you've completed it, that involved the G-Self.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

MonsieurChoc posted:

I started reading the Linebarrels manga because it got mentionned around here, and wow. That's probably the stupidest apocalypse I've ever seen.

What is it?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Prism posted:

What is it?

If humanity don't fear death, all ambitions and desires stop and a "suicide gene" activates causing humanity to kill itself. Because peace and prosperity is bad I guess.

Except now there's been another twist and I don't know what the gently caress is going on any more.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

MonsieurChoc posted:

If humanity don't fear death, all ambitions and desires stop and a "suicide gene" activates causing humanity to kill itself. Because peace and prosperity is bad I guess.

Except now there's been another twist and I don't know what the gently caress is going on any more.

The number one reason why I want to see Linebarrels and Getter in the same SRW.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

That sounds like a really dumb metaphor for apathy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Now things are going full Drakengard, what the gently caress.

Giant robot baby from the moon.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Raxivace posted:

That sounds like a really dumb metaphor for apathy.

That or a Nietzschean wet dream.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

GilliamYaeger posted:

The number one reason why I want to see Linebarrels and Getter in the same SRW.

I'm still waiting to see For The Barrel and 0079 in the same game. I don't even know much about FTB I just know that whatever happened would be dumb as hell.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm still waiting to see For The Barrel and 0079 in the same game. I don't even know much about FTB I just know that whatever happened would be dumb as hell.

For the Barrel is that thing with like (weird) different character designs for everyone, correct?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Those character designs kick rear end.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Sleggar looks like Ken from Street Fighter.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ZuljinRaynor posted:

For the Barrel is that thing with like (weird) different character designs for everyone, correct?

The mechanical designs are also weird as hell.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

why is sayla topless

what the hell is char wearing

why is everyone but lalah white

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

So I finished the Linebarrel manga (what's translated so far, it's not finished) and poo poo didn't stop getting realer. Robot Abraham Lincoln from the Moon.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I really like Terry Bogard Sleggar but the rest of those designs are awful wow. I've never heard of For The Barrel before, and uh

yeah these are some mech designs.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
They're not very Gundam, but I dig them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they remind me of brain powered. is it the same designer?

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
My first thought was BrainPowerd as well, but For The Barrels mechs were designed by Junji Ohkubo who only did them as far as I can tell while Brains were by Mamoru Nagano.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

Those character designs kick rear end.

I actually legitimately like the FTB version of Lalah. I never was a fan of the nightgown/hair buns thing, hair down looks so much nicer.

Of course that's glossing over the weird proportions but hey.

Edit: Also I guess I'd be lying if I said I hated the mechanical design. There's some nice ones in there:

Everything pales in comparison to Mr Ball though

:allears:

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 29, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's weird that G Gen Genesis keeps giving free really powerful MSs as DLC. Normal free equipment DLC or an RPG or something is entry-level stuff.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I actually legitimately like the FTB version of Lalah. I never was a fan of the nightgown/hair buns thing, hair down looks so much nicer.

Of course that's glossing over the weird proportions but hey.

Edit: Also I guess I'd be lying if I said I hated the mechanical design. There's some nice ones in there:

Everything pales in comparison to Mr Ball though

:allears:

Well that first image is fanart actually(if really good fanart), but yeah the For The Barrel aesthetic is a really good one(and I agree about Mister Ball being an excellent design)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wasn't there an official redesign of the main FTB mech that made it more gundam-y? I remember seeing it somewhere but I cannot for the life of me find it again so I may be going insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm a bit more partial to these alternate Mamoru Nagano designs for some Zeta suits.

• Locked thread