Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Someone is confusing vigilante with thuggery. You are a paid thug, a hired goon. Also NOT AN ADDICT, lol.

Mail order wife ends predictably, idiot still doesn't understand what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
ughhhh can't decide about second one, it sounds kinda bullshit like babytalk leading to criminal charges but also goony stuff like hating vegetables? Vigilante goon please link me to your rp server it sounds cool

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

8 Ball posted:

ughhhh can't decide about second one, it sounds kinda bullshit like babytalk leading to criminal charges but also goony stuff like hating vegetables?

He decided to make a baby and was arrested for attempted rape. But he's just going to handwave away that story.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I just can't imagine a funnier combination of words then 'I have a cocaine habit now (NOT AN ADDICTION)'.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
yeah so i beat people up to make my coke habit sustainable but I ain't no addict no sir

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

loquacius posted:

it's like a really trailer-trash version of the Robert De Niro half of The Godfather Part 2

From green card marriage to US citizenship is 3 years minimum, not 'a few months', BTW, and that's if you remain married that whole time which the OP specifically said didn't happen. So that one is 100% bullshit.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 28, 2017

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Vigilante stories are allllll bullshit. Anyone with 200 bucks and a clean record can buy a gun here in America; its been like this for centuries. Someone would have shut his rear end down.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

feedmegin posted:

From green card marriage to US citizenship is 3 years minimum, not 'a few months', BTW, and that's if you remain married that whole time which the OP specifically said didn't happen. So that one is 100% bullshit.

He also put in a throw-away line about "too many vegetables and spices" because that's what a fat American goon nerd would find wrong with Asian cooking for sure. 1.5/5

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Osric posted:

What do you think a minority is? They are people who are a minority in your country, their origins are entirely explicable and mundane; they come from other countries, or lived in your country before the majority population and were displaced by them.

If you're talking about black people their origins are in Africa, a continent full of black people, if you're talking about Asians their origins are in Asia, a continent full of Asian people. These are real places that exist, you can visit them. No other planets are involved.

If you're saying what I think you're saying you are literally one of the most willfully ignorant people alive.

lmbo you loving retard

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
The Asian bride confession follows the classic fake formula. It opens innocently enough with a plausible premise and then throws out a shocking off hand comment before gradually getting more and more absurd.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

The Management posted:

Someone is confusing vigilante with thuggery. You are a paid thug, a hired goon. Also NOT AN ADDICT, lol.

Every employer's worst mistake.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I too like to snort coke and jerk off to Soldier of Fortune :rolleyes:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I don't know why someone would make up a bad fake story to tell us how lame and busted they could be in some fantasy. Guess they want to be cucked by the forum?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

got a real roller-coaster ride for you guys tonight

quote:

My dad is rich, especially for the farm town we grew up in. My mom died giving birth to my baby brother, and Dad was considered the rich bachelor all the single women wanted to marry. He loved my mom and lot and didn't date for years, but eventually married Debbie when I was 16 and my brother was 8.

Debbie was by all appearances a perfect woman. Really nice, ran her own successful restaurant, spent a lot of time and money on charity, and was beautiful. However, Debbie slowly became an actual evil stepmother to us.

As a kid I considered her pure evil, but now I realize it was probably narcissism, OCD, and who knows what other mental issues driving her. She would force my brother and I to clean the house endlessly, completely losing her poo poo if she found a speck of dust or a smudge on anything. My brother once left his SNES out on the living room floor, and Debbie always demanded it be locked away in the closet when we weren't playing it. When Debbie found it, she smashed it with a ballpeen hammer, put the pieces in a bag, and left it on my brother's bed. He cried all day.

Where was my dad in this? Shortly after they were married, he got really sick. We thought it was the flu at first, and he just tried sleeping it off. Then he went to the bathroom and a scary amount of dark blood was mixed in with his stool. We called an ambulance then. His small intestine had burst and leaked into his insides. He was septic and according to the doctors, was "seconds away from death" when they started operating. Dad lived after 3 emergency surgeries and a month in the hospital, but was on dialysis which left him drained, and spent 6 months in hospice care to regain his physical strength.

In my heart of hearts I believe Debbie did this, but have no proof and the doctors found no proof of anything like that. It was chalked up to diverticulitis and some peanuts my dad ate opening one of the pockets. Research diverticulitis - it's scary and gross and amazing how quickly your body can gently caress up on you. But I don't think that's what happened to my dad, I really don't.

It was during those 6 months that Debbie became a monster in the house. We went to the hospital and told Dad many times, but Debbie would deny it and Dad was too weak and too full of pain killers to fully understand things at first.

All of this I have discussed with my therapist and with others. The confession is about to begin.

Debbie became physically abusive during this time. Beating my brother and I with bars of soap in socks, squirting lemon juice in our eyes, and putting small traces of household cleaners in our food if we didn't have the house done exactly like she wanted. It was a "learning lesson" as she put it, a way to make sure we didn't mess up again. Worst of all, she said she hated boys and would try to put clothespins on our testicles to "calm us down". If we fought back she'd wait until we fell asleep at night, then hit us with a 2x4 covered in saran wrap until we agreed to have the clothespins put on.

We called the police without her knowing and CPS investigated. They found nothing wrong, and Debbie used her charm and her position in the community to wave them off. "just two kids who miss their dad and still haven't gotten used to the new mom yet".

So it was a shock to everyone when, out of the blue, Debbie ran off. Leaving only a typed letter addressed to my Dad saying she was sorry, she wanted a divorce, she wanted to go discover herself, and she was leaving the restaurant to my dad. Granted, that was informally written and we never did get the restaurant, but Debbie disappeared and we never saw her again. My dad was heartbroken but when he got out of the hospital he was happy to be around us again, and eventually he did start dating again and he's been with an amazing woman for the last 5 years.

The truth is Debbie didn't write any of that stuff. After the CPS incident my brother and I were convinced Debbie would kill us, and our survival instincts kicked in. One night I was playing my gameboy after 8 pm, which was lights out in Debbie's house. This was the old gameboy where you need a light to see, so I was under my covers which a desk lamp on. Debbie started swatting at me with a broom, demanding I shut off the light and go to bed. I started screaming and all at once she stopped. My brother had hit her on the head with a shovel from the garage.

We were both terrified - if she was dead we knew we would be sent to jail forever and then burn in hell. Then she woke up and started screaming at us again. My brother started crying and Debbie grabbed for the shovel. I truly believe she was going to murder him with it, when I punched her square in the face. She went down hard and I started punching her again and again and again. She was out cold.

We made a promise to each other that night, never to tell what happened and never to speak of it again. We wrapped Debbie, still alive, in an old bedsheet and put her in the trunk of the car. I had my learner's permit and slowly, carefully drove us from the house to the ravine a few miles away.

We dropped Debbie in that ravine, still wrapped in the sheet, still unconscious, still alive. It was cold water down there, but not freezing. The bedsheet was tight on her, but not so constricting she couldn't move and get out of it. The fall was far, but not impossible to survive, especially falling in to water. We justified it to ourselves - if God wanted Debbie to live, she could survive this.

I went down to the ravine last summer to "recapture some memories" as I told my dad. I didn't see a ratty old bedsheet caught on the rocks, I didn't see any sign of her. I wasn't about to go diving down in to the depths. But I suppose she MUST be down there. But some secrets deserve to be buried in deep darkness forever.

I am sending this in because today I went to the doctor and found out I have a brain tumor. I don't know if I'll make it through all this, or how much of me will be left, so I have to tell this to someone.

It was super long though so here's the shortest one I have

quote:

I download RPG books and read them. I have a couple hundred books and it grows every week. I am sad I will never get to play them and I am way to intimidated by Trad Games to try and join one of their games. Not for the social aspect, I just don't want to look stupid.

:justpost: There are any number of ways to get into games of all experience levels, and if you have literally read a couple hundred RPG books you probably have it down well enough to be able to handle, say, a D&D 4E or Paranoia game without actually looking stupid

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

We were all n00bs once, timid RPGoon. A good group knows this, and won't give you poo poo; hell, they're generally glad to help someone who wants in on their pretend murderhobo games

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Congrats on getting away with murder.

Sorry about the tumor.

Can't complain too much I guess.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
RPG goon I hadn't played a trad game in about 10 years when I signed up for a live game. I was nervous and made some mistakes, but it was a blast and no one cared about my mistakes. Just play and know that no one cares.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.
To the Goon that fixed that stupid sadistic abusive piece of poo poo, good on you. She sounds like every villain on that ID show Deadly Women. You did what you had to do, she would've finished your dad for his money, then finished you guys and maybe many more. You defended yourself and your family. Now she is exactly where she deserves to be. I really hope you are able to defeat your malady and get well.

To the RPG Goon, if you've read the books The Witcher is based on just buy The Witcher 3 complete edition. It really is the greatest RPG ever made.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

NurhacisUrn posted:

To the RPG Goon, if you've read the books The Witcher is based on just buy The Witcher 3 complete edition. It really is the greatest RPG ever made.

He was talking about a different kind of RPG but yes this is still good advice

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I've been married to my wife for the past 5 years. For the past couple years I've noticed my wife has been less and less in the mood for sex and has started to get pretty thin and unhealthy looking. I had my suspicions about drugs (which I wouldn't judge her for necessarily, I have a pretty bad coke habit to stay focused on work), but it all came to a head a couple weeks ago when she went out for "drinks" one night with friends, which happens very often. A couple hours later, I get a call saying she is going to be visiting her family for a few days and they live somewhere without cell reception so I can't talk to her.

The timing seemed really weird so curiosity got the better of me and the next day I searched the local mugshots. Not only was she arrested for prostitution and possession of heroin, it was a probation violation offense, so I looked back further and she has been arrested for prostitution twice (not including the most recent) in the past 4 years.

So yeah, I married an addict whore. How do I break that to my family? Do I even divorce her? We didn't have a prenup and she clearly has nothing worth going after so I'd get screwed in the deal. Should I just learn to live with it until she gets too old for whoring?

I am not a lawyer but I don't think you can get screwed in a divorce if the reason for it happening is that your wife had been concealing a drug addiction and multiple prostitution arrests from you

like you're probably in the clear here

(also again lol at cocaine "habit". Addictions are for poor-people drugs)

quote:

All of this incel talk has made me want to write this up, since I've never told anyone what essentially is my life story.

I used to be a Nice Guy, way before reddit was around, before this insanely "incel" community came around. I find it extremely fascinating because it's almost like looking into an alternate universe for me, if I had never changed. I subscribed to the whole "friendzone" and ladder-theory back in the early days of the internet when I was in high school. I was your typical nerd, fat, few friends, bullied, played computer games 8 hours a day or more. My other nerd friends all started to have girlfriend around junior year, and of course I was bitter about it. I read into the ladder theory. All I needed was a job, a nice car, more money, because that's all these bitches cared about. My incredibly depressed, hateful, toxic personality didn't matter as long as I had what I thought these girls wanted.

I cut contact with my other nerd friends when college rolled around, I made some new friends, but was still a Nice Guy. I was extremely in to anime and gaming still. I tried making friends with some girls but never succeeded. Why didn't they like me? I was nice! I showered! I (thought) I dressed nicely (lol cargo pants and anime shirts, totally what girls want, right?). I had a part time job making some money and drove a car. But still, none of the girls ever liked me. Total bitches, they don't know what they're missing. I sulked in my room playing games and having marathon anime sessions.

Anyway, this continued for 4 years throughout college. I got laid once, thanks to the wonders of alcohol, but turned that to poo poo because I was just insanely nice and creepy and clingy and only talked about anime and games and she bailed so drat fast. loving bitch, I thought, she doesn't deserve a Nice Guy like me.

I graduated, got a pretty decent job. I ditched the anime, but I still played a massive amount of video games. I got a really nice car. Still, the girls never came. I made friends with a few girls through some of my college friends after I had graduated. I hung out with them every weekend, just being incredibly nice. Bringing beer and weed and food for the party (I had gotten in to cooking, a new hobby for once!). I wanted to gently caress these girls so badly and tried so drat hard, but I never got anywhere. I tried being nicer and nicer, but they didn't rip their clothes off at the first sign of me. Why? loving bitches.

This probably seems long and rambling, but I'm getting to a point here. It all came to a head when one of the girls, one I was being super nice to extra hard because I wanted to sleep with her, started dating one of my best friends. I blew up. I got super depressed. I was pissed at my friend for backstabbing me like that. He knew I liked her. What a loving bitch.

I had a revelation a few weeks later. I don't really know how or why, but it was all super clear to me. I was a loving Nice Guy. I was a boring piece of poo poo, who had no hobbies, and just expected sex because I was super nice to these women, and everyone else, in my mind, was an rear end in a top hat. I apologized to everyone for how I acted, and they were all forgiving. I started to get new hobbies. I ran a lot, I lost a bunch of weight, I learned how to dance with these friends who were girls. One of them introduced me to the outdoors, hiking, backpacking, biking and I fell in love with it. I took the time to get to know them other than just a wet hole to gently caress. In hindsight, I really do owe my life to these women. I'd probably still be a bitter rear end in a top hat playing computer games all day and writing on reddit how much they're all stupid whores.

Two of those women are now really good friends of mine. I started actually getting out and dating other women a few years after my revelation. I have had sex regularly since then, a little over 10 years ago now. I have a girlfriend who I've been with for 3 years and love her dearly and hope to marry her someday (neither of us is in any rush though, we're happy that way).

My advice to all of the incel community: get out and get a life. Love yourself. Get some hobbies other than loving anime and video games. And for fucks sake, ditch the stupid loving fedoras and dragon t-shirts and anime pillows and all that other terrible bullshit. You're never going to attract your submissive supermodel sex-machine waifu sulking inside all day looking like a loving moron in your stupid hat. Women don't owe you a goddamn thing because you're nice to them. They're people just like you who happen to have a vagina instead of your (probably) fine, normal wang. Get to know them, talk to them, be interested in what they do, who they are, their hopes, fears, dreams.

But really, my dick is 7" and my name is Chad, so it's probably just because of that. Sorry incels, you're all hosed.

I'm skeptical of this one (it seems too much like a morality play) but it's a good counterweight to the incel stuff so

I wonder how many legit incels are actually named Chad

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

please stop posting the stupid incel stories

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
If junkie-whore wife lives in a community-property state, cokefiend hubby's gonna get screwed regardless. Best bet is probably just quit loving her until your coke addiction gets so bad you're both broke, then split up.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Divorcing you hoor wife should be easy and relatively profitable for you, confession writer. Go do coke until your nose falls off.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

loquacius posted:

I'm skeptical of this one (it seems too much like a morality play) but it's a good counterweight to the incel stuff so

It rings true to me because it rings true for me. I, and I imagine a lot of dudes, fit the proto-incel template in high school because we were children playing with live grenades. "Be good and you'll be rewarded" and "be nice" are complimentary lessons that little kids need to learn and they work well enough for a general society like a school to function. The problem is they're taught "what to do" from kindergarten on and it's just assumed kids will figure out the "why" as they grow up. I think it's only partially a failing of the educational system because the brain development to recognize Suzy as a human being who is just as complex as I am kicks in differently for each kid. It's still a failing though because we teach little kids to deal with emotions but when Middle School rolls around social education gets tossed out the window for core classes and "here's how you make a baby please don't."

I cringe at the memories I have of how I treated women in high school. The person most responsible for me being a reasonably well-adjusted adult is this girl named Liz who dumped my Nice Guy rear end right before graduation. I joined the Army out of humiliation, got the gently caress out of town, got some self confidence and figured it out. To be clear, joining the Army is also a stupid idea, it's just a way less stupid idea than joining an Internet cult about hating the women that you want to gently caress so bad.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I don't even read these confessions, my eyes just sort of glaze over. It's not so difficult to find a woman who wants the sex, because it's a basic human desire but people have this amazing talent to get locked up in their own thoughts and complexes. I feel the biggest problem these days is that people are completely unable to communicate and things like the internet and social networks add to that because they're echo chambers where people don't talk with each other, but at each other. They also provide distraction and supplements forthe basic human need of contact until some guys suddenly wake up with 36 and realize they never even went on a date. Sad but not dramatic either. Everyone lives at their own pace and for themselves. Comparisons to other people are not very useful because you just aren't them. I don't get why this is so hard to understand for some.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

bradzilla posted:

please stop posting the stupid incel stories

then stop writing them

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Pretend I copy pasted the rpg book confession here and it's me. I also read Warhammer 40k books.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
my confession is that I wrote like, half of these confessions. Except the gay Ulillillillia torture fetishist. That guy is just sick

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
me and a bunch of people at work played dungeons and dragons for the first time in like november with a new employee who knew what to do was DM while we all drank. Is it supposed to be taken seriously because we certainly weren't taking it seriously

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

D&D sounds really fun but I don't know anyone who's into that kinda thing.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Fitzy Fitz posted:

it's kinda more fun watching harmonquest, but it can provide some fun

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fitzy Fitz posted:

only 1 person needs to know what tey're doing to be DM then everyone else can just treat it like a drinking game

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
RPGs can be played however seriously you want to, that's like the whole point, they're essentially just a basic set of rules to get you all on the same page so you and your friends to play make believe without it being all NUHUH I WOULD TOTALLY BEAT YOU UP BECAUSE I'M BIGGER AND COOLER AND STRONGER AND STUFF!

Although that said if you wanna play while drunk there are other systems that are better than DnD for that because they simplify things down even further.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

quote:

I download RPG books and read them. I have a couple hundred books and it grows every week. I am sad I will never get to play them and I am way to intimidated by Trad Games to try and join one of their games. Not for the social aspect, I just don't want to look stupid.

New people make mistakes, sometimes stupid mistakes. Nothing wrong with that. You just learn from your mistakes and move on. I think a lot of people in TG that run games are willing to help out new people who want to be in their games.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Drinking and Dicing is a time honored DnD tradition and if the DM isn't getting drunker than the players then you aren't doing it right.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Arkanomen posted:

Drinking and Dicing is a time honored DnD tradition and if the DM isn't getting drunker than the players then you aren't doing it right.

DMs need to be well plied to allow for sweet "house rules", I would like to play with Spencer from harmontown though, that dude has stuff and is just pedantic to be enjoyable as a DM

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

VanSandman posted:

Divorcing you hoor wife should be easy and relatively profitable for you, confession writer. Go do coke until your nose falls off.

paging the goon who made his junkie wife OD in the bathtub

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I have no idea if a movie or TV show is "bad" or "good". I have enjoyed every movie I've ever seen, and although I have some I like a little bit more, they're all about the same level for me.

I started realizing this in high school, and it's gotten really noticeable since I started dating someone. She asked my favorite movies and I started listing the most recent movies I had seen, since they were freshest in my memory. She acted really strange, and when we moved on to TV shows I did the same thing.

We marathoned the Indiana Jones movies over a weekend and I enjoyed every single one, despite not being an archaeology major or a religious major, so a lot of things went over my head. At the end of the marathon she kept asking which was my favorite, and the most recent one was since I remembered it best. We did the same thing with Aliens and I enjoyed those, again despite a major in biology or any real working knowledge of space exploration. My favorite was the 4th one since we finished with it. This was apparently blasphemy to her and she got really frustrated.

yeah no offense I'm with her on this one

The guy who's dealing with mental issues and stalked his ex posted a response to people's thread reactions:

quote:

I know that "stable poly" is hilarious as well. That was how she described it, because she had a longtime boyfriend who they had a child with and a bunch of other random people that flitted in and out. This is from an outsider's perspective, but it didn't seem stable to me. At the time I tended to buy into whatever she said no matter what my personal misgivings were, though. She could have gotten me to believe that the moon was my rear end in a top hat and that I shat out Jupiter.

Also, I'm sorry you didn't have a fun day. Hopefully you will, soon!

My weekend was pretty good, thanks! (yeah that doesn't sound stable to me either)

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Dude with literally no taste probably has a brain issue? It's not like he has bad taste, he really just cannot recognize quality or style.

Sounds like a job for the local university's research department.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eikre
May 2, 2009
"I like things that just happened to me" sounds like some kind of impaired executive function tbh. I wonder if he has difficulty with abstract planning or reading.

Edit: also the idea that you need a bachelor's education to fully appreciate Indiana Jones is loving hilarious.

Eikre fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 30, 2017