Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

both bars and the females that frequent them cause me an undue amount of stress and emotional suffering

space games, on the other hand, provide me with

I mean I can understand planning to play a game but planning to speculate about one? :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This means his mother is out of town and his pet snake and/or tarantula is spending the weekend at the vet.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I just realized SomethingJones hasn't been around for a while. Almost 3 months. I guess he finally burned out on transcribing all that nonsense.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

XK posted:

I just realized SomethingJones hasn't been around for a while. Almost 3 months. I guess he finally burned out on transcribing all that nonsense.

He and G0rf eloped in Las Vegas and were never heard from again.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

They have been deskeletonized

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

answer the call

This is cool AND creepy. :ohdear:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I mean I can understand planning to play a game but planning to speculate about one? :lol:

And feeling the need to share this information with the world. Lethality is Comic Book Guy come to life. "Now if you'll excuse me, I must get an early night as I have a pressing weekend of speculating about MMOs and hurling abuse at people who don't like a videogame." It would be less embarassing for him to announce he was off to a state where bestiality is legal to gently caress a horse.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

2017 CIG company wide tournament.

That's like the saddest thing imaginable

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

D_Smart posted:

Aside from the fact that moron is blocked, my comment was clear. There are no free Early Access games on Steam that I am aware of. And that list doesn't show ANY. A "free" or "free-to-play" game, isn't the same thing. If they are monetized - in anyway - Steam gets a cut (see Planetside2, Warframe etc).

Playing stupid shouldn't be a trait you know.

orcish inn is still being developed but instead of putting out a lovely buy-in early access on steam there is just a free demo

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Daztek posted:

They have been deskeletonized

Another sickening truth revealed.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

SomethingJones came to us in spring 2016, and made his mark very quickly by transcribing CIG's unintelligible nonsense. Several of us warned him of the impending mental illness that would cause. Hopefully, he's taking time to himself to recover from his self-imposed torture.

Godspeed, SomethingJones. I salute you.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

SomethingJones came to us in spring 2016, and made his mark very quickly by transcribing CIG's unintelligible nonsense. Several of us warned him of the impending mental illness that would cause. Hopefully, he's taking time to himself to recover from his self-imposed torture.

i am truley sorry for our lots. :(

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The fabulous part of all this is that nobody realizes Chris Roberts is both simultaneously incompetent and a liar.

By about October 2017 we're going to hear how real work only really began in January 2017/December 2016 due to the Lumberyard announcement.

Regardless of that though, it's absurd how people both believe everything Chris Roberts says while also laughing off his many, many falsehoods. Star Citizen/Star Marine has been coming out every two weeks until recently for years. At one point Star Marine was already in the game, then it wasn't.

Anybody who opts to use a Chris Roberts quote for anything other than proving "This thing he said is a lie" is an idiot.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So how long until it's announced that Chris Roberts is now a special guest contractor for cig (for the low price of insane $ an hour)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sappo569 posted:

So how long until it's announced that Chris Roberts is now a special guest contractor for cig (for the low price of insane $ an hour)

:10bux: on two weeks

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

TheAgent posted:

both bars and the females that frequent them cause me an undue amount of stress and emotional suffering

nothing because I live in a van down by the river.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

space hot tub handjobs. For only $3000 a piece. Served by fidelicious bald men.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sunswipe posted:

i am truley sorry for our lots. :(

Today we all feel grief.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

What was that about them only starting to develop AI tooling now? Can't find the original post.

They should have had working prototypes of that three years ago. :stare:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

XK posted:

Rogue One SomethingJones: may the force parp be with you

o9

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XK posted:

I really liked what he did. His service was a wonderful thing for those of us who can't fully enjoy the YouTube videos.

Thank you for everything you did, SomethingJones! :glomp:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Tokamak posted:

I just noticed the thread Arf made in QCS.
lol

Welp, that did make me chuckle at least. Cool timing too, with his 1-week.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Hey Beets/Beer, could you guys probate Tophat so that we can all post "free Tophat again"?

That would be totally tane. Thanks

P.s. I think Chris Roberts may have told a lie, and I'm thinking that Star Citizen may not acksuly be good. Grief!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Star Citizen - Master Troll and the Mothers of Delusion

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kosumo posted:

Hey Beets/Beer, could you guys probate Tophat so that we can all post "free Tophat again"?

That would be totally tane. Thanks

P.s. I think Chris Roberts may have told a lie, and I'm thinking that Star Citizen may not acksuly be good. Grief!

Mods, please change MoMA's name to "Tophat again" and probate him so we can all post "free Tophat again" and not feel bad when you don't.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

He didn't give goons a new nickname or even talk about us. I feel grief.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

Mods, please change MoMA's name to "Tophat again" and probate him so we can all post "free Tophat again" and not feel bad when you don't.

:monocle:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Aside from the fact that moron is blocked, my comment was clear. There are no free Early Access games on Steam that I am aware of. And that list doesn't show ANY. A "free" or "free-to-play" game, isn't the same thing. If they are monetized - in anyway - Steam gets a cut (see Planetside2, Warframe etc).

Playing stupid shouldn't be a trait you know.

I am posting from THE FUTURE! Had to roll back time to mention Fractured Space was free for a limited time prerelease.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I really liked what he did. His service was a wonderful thing for those of us who can't fully enjoy the YouTube videos.

Thank you for everything you did, SomethingJones! :glomp:

I miss him too. :saddowns: Come back to us, Something! WE NEED YOU!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

There has been a (partial) awakening.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My favorite part of all of this is that any "reasonable" prediction about scheduling now would have been considered FUD-laced trolling a year ago.

This one has aged well, like a fine wine:

OhDearGodNo posted:

A year or so ago someone asked on the brown sea when the game was scheduled for release. I told them 2017 at the earliest.

I was probated a week for trolling.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PajJkwCZFvY&t=82s

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

There has been a (partial) awakening.

I can't parse that tbqh. What's he mean by "inflate content", the exact opposite?

:shrug:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc
Bowtie dude is still not wearing a bowtie

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I can't parse that tbqh. What's he mean by "inflate content", the exact opposite?

:shrug:

I think he's saying that everyone is expecting 3.0 to be an amazing game-changing patch that adds planets and a million other things. CIG knows that 3.0 has to be a significant update and they are nowhere near having any of that stuff ready.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

So I regularly listen to the Crate & Crowbar podcast (UK games journo types) and one of the main hosts, Chris Thursten, is an absolute space fanboy. Any space game, he'll play it to death.

On one of the recent episodes he started talking about getting back into Elite:Dangerous, and yet he immediately starts complaining about the pace of development and every step of the way compares it to, you guessed it, Star Citizen. It's absolutely infuriating hearing him unironically whinge that Elite's scope is smaller than SC's and the pace of development is much slower, though he does at least accept that Elite makes features fully playable.

At one point his girlfriend asks him if those SC features were just "in development" or if they'd been shown. "Oh yes, they've been shown" he says.

Holy gently caress. He's a smart guy and an experienced game journalist. How the actual gently caress do you see canned demos of "features" that never appear again years later, and consider that a feature that's been developed?

It's insane what this shitshow does to people's brains.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It might be the cannabis I smoked but it looks to me he's saying that CIG major hosed 2016, had nothing to show for it so they faked a demo. They know people are pissed about it so they're going to have to include more poo poo in 3.0 to make up for it and regain people's trust. Of course that might mean 3.0 gets delayed a little bit more...

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Is that the way it actually looks? the camera view is steady but the helmet (and radar) bobs up and down as someone moves? That looks totally wrong. A helmet doesn't bounce up and down on my head with my footsteps while my eyes stay in the same place. WTF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Duckaerobics posted:

I think he's saying that everyone is expecting 3.0 to be an amazing game-changing patch that adds planets and a million other things. CIG knows that 3.0 has to be a significant update and they are nowhere near having any of that stuff ready.

3.0 may add a million things, but they are likely just a million things to buy in the cash shop... Some space pants and a nice space visor to go with it.