Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Lockback posted:

CJ's contract is bigger! Seems like a weird thing to try and clap back about.

Just a weak rear end retort from Parsons.
Not as weak as the Blazers this year tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Oh no people were having some fun on Twitter. Can't have that.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/825409735251763200

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

CJ's contract is bigger! Seems like a weird thing to try and clap back about.

Just a weak rear end retort from Parsons.

Unfortunately (?), both of Parsons's deals were max contracts so he could not be paid more than he already has. Unless he qualified for a super max, I guess.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 28, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If I was Embiid I'd do the same drat thing for real.

WHO WANTS TO SEX THE PROCESS?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I think the foot thing is a joke but him looking at her pics and being thirsty isn't.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Parsons is secretly the Joakim Noah of pre-30 contracts, in being a disaster signing that everyone except the team expected

Right down to "Oh, he only missed like a billion games and can't stay on the court after countless injuries. We can change that!"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
In some alternate reality the Mavs free agency ended with Parsons opting in for one year, missing on Conley, Whiteside, DWill, Curry, Barnes, and getting Jeremy Lin. Dirk is really depressed in that reality.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spacebump posted:

In some alternate reality the Mavs free agency ended with Parsons opting in for one year, missing on Conley, Whiteside, DWill, Curry, Barnes, and getting Jeremy Lin. Dirk is really depressed in that reality.

Is Dirk not depressed now?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Is Dirk not depressed now?

Dirk still thinks the playoffs are within reach. Considering the 8th seed downward in the West, I understand where he is coming from. The Mavs secretly had a good offseason, it just was ruined by the injuries at the start of the season. As a longterm fan, I wish they would go for the draft pick.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

Parsons is secretly the Joakim Noah of pre-30 contracts, in being a disaster signing that everyone except the team expected

Right down to "Oh, he only missed like a billion games and can't stay on the court after countless injuries. We can change that!"

White players like Wally Sczerbiak, Blake Griffin, Richard Jefferson, and Chandler Parsons just don't stay healthy

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Dirk still thinks the playoffs are within reach. Considering the 8th seed downward in the West, I understand where he is coming from. The Mavs secretly had a good offseason, it just was ruined by the injuries at the start of the season. As a longterm fan, I wish they would go for the draft pick.

They are literally the 4th worst team in the league...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Are there any players other than Luol Deng and Thon Maker who are affected by the travel ban? I was thinking "I wonder if Maker is gonna have to stay in the country the next time the Bucks are playing in Toronto," and then looked up their schedule and saw they were playing in Toronto last night

Luckily a Bucks official confirmed he made it back

https://twitter.com/AlexanderLasry/status/825429885598457856

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I missed Duncan's jersey retirement and just watched it. Heartwarming stuff and I'm going to miss that guy.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

They are literally the 4th worst team in the league...

It's almost as if the bottom of the West is super close and the Mavs losses happen when they are missing key rotation players. When they are healthy they absolutely aren't the 4th worst team in the league. Then again records aren't everything, otherwise the 2016 Warriors wouldn't have blown a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/825436484434087936

Oh Fred :allears:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Of all the fake trade scenarios the only one I can see coming true is Boston trading Nets picks and salary for Jimmy Butler. If they had him they'd be at least a threat to make the finals. If they traded for him, signed "The Narcissist" Larry Sanders, and Sanders was somehow his old self, I would at least give them a solid chance of beating the Cavs.

But the Warriors being great seems to have frozen every presently pretty good team in fear. A nihilism fell over them, what does it matter what we do, we'll lose to the Warriors anyway.

Muslim NBA players who are non citizens:

Omer Asik
Enes Kanter
Mirza Teletovic
Gorgui Dieng
Ersan Ilyasova
Dennis Schröder

None are from the travel ban countries. The two Sudanese born players both have alternate foreign citizenship, Deng with Britain and Maker with Australia. Neither are muslim

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I've never seen a situation go downhill that fast. Dwight / van Gundy was bad, but Wade, Butler and Rondo straight up don't give a poo poo about their coach anymore.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rondo got hosed over by him. Fred didn't tell Rondo anything bout why he was benched. It's the same thing Hoiberg did to Noah, and then Hoiberg lied about actually talking to them both. And then lied even more by saying Noah agreed to come off the bench.

Rondo sucked and have no problem with the benching just treat these dudes like men and tell them straight up rather than making the same BS he did with Rose about not bringing up the ball fast enough. Meanwhile Jimmy slowly saunters up the court and isolates.

Jimmy and Wade don't respect Hoiberg but he allows them to do whatever's so they are fine with it.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 28, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Of all the fake trade scenarios the only one I can see coming true is Boston trading Nets picks and salary for Jimmy Butler. If they had him they'd be at least a threat to make the finals. If they traded for him, signed "The Narcissist" Larry Sanders, and Sanders was somehow his old self, I would at least give them a solid chance of beating the Cavs.

But the Warriors being great seems to have frozen every presently pretty good team in fear. A nihilism fell over them, what does it matter what we do, we'll lose to the Warriors anyway.

Muslim NBA players who are non citizens:

Omer Asik
Enes Kanter
Mirza Teletovic
Gorgui Dieng
Ersan Ilyasova
Dennis Schröder

None are from the travel ban countries. The two Sudanese born players both have alternate foreign citizenship, Deng with Britain and Maker with Australia. Neither are muslim

The ban restricts people from those countries, it doesn't make people go through a religious test. It doesn't matter if you are Muslim or not.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Lockback posted:

The ban restricts people from those countries, it doesn't make people go through a religious test. It doesn't matter if you are Muslim or not.

It also doesn't matter if you have dual citizenship from a country that isn't banned. Holding British passports won't help those guys

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Spacebump posted:

Pierre Jackson got injured last night and was on his second 10 day contract with the Mavs. I wish that didn't happen. I wanted them to sign him long term. Today they signed someone named Yogi Ferrell in his place. Really disappointed in this turn of events. The Cavs should sign Jackson once he is healthy, he is an underrated playmaker.

Sounds like they still want to do that, but need Yogi in the meantime
https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/825442734550966272

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Papercut posted:

It also doesn't matter if you have dual citizenship from a country that isn't banned. Holding British passports won't help those guys

Actually I think that will. Having a British Passport means you can get a different Visa. But if you are from a banned country even if you have a Green Card (which means you have been vetted pretty thoroughly) you are still banned from re-entering.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

I'm hoping and praying

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/825091841817055232

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Something tells me the NBA won't let people be banned from the country.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Paul Zuvella posted:

Something tells me the NBA won't let people be banned from the country.
First they came for the Mexicans, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a mexican; and then they came for the women, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a woman; and then they came for the Muslims, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Muslim; and then I realized that Muslims were also NBA players and ball is life so I spoke up

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

First they came for the Mexicans, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a mexican; and then they came for the women, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a woman; and then they came for the Muslims, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Muslim; and then I realized that Muslims were also NBA players and ball is life so I spoke up

Ya

e: are there any Mexican nba players?

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 28, 2017

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

:hellyeah:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Lockback posted:

Actually I think that will. Having a British Passport means you can get a different Visa. But if you are from a banned country even if you have a Green Card (which means you have been vetted pretty thoroughly) you are still banned from re-entering.

One of the people they are holding is a dual French Iranian citizen and was using his French passport. Still denied entry

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Who is better at buying jerseys, China or nbastore.com customers? Lol that Melo is 15 on both lists.

Taken from http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18571714/kobe-bryant-stephen-curry-top-nba-jersey-sales-china

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV4xOKwIiNw

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Mr. Steal Your Job

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Ya

e: are there any Mexican nba players?
No, most recent were Gustavo Ayon and Eduardo Najera iirc

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

No, most recent were Gustavo Ayon and Eduardo Najera iirc

don't forget Earl Watson

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

and Devin Booker too I think

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Let's check in on how our dear friend nazr is doing https://twitter.com/NazrMohammed/status/825459328836579329

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Metapod posted:

Let's check in on how our dear friend nazr is doing https://twitter.com/NazrMohammed/status/825459328836579329

:smith:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Nazr threw Lebron to the ground like the soft bitch he is and for that he will always be cool.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Niwrad posted:

Nazr threw Lebron to the ground like the soft bitch he is and for that he will always be cool.

AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE NOW

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think Boston would have just as good a chance as Cleveland to win the East if they added Butler. But I'd want Jaylen Brown, the Nets pick this year, and the future Memphis pick they hold at the least. Not sure Boston would do that and pretty sure Chicago wouldn't either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

To be fair, the NBA is pretty easily the most progressive major league in the US

• Locked thread