Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

mike looks so alive and young in that video

And pre-facial hair Jay too, like TNG Season 1 Riker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

super sweet best pal posted:

And pre-facial hair Jay too, like TNG Season 1 Riker.

thats not pre facial hair i think its between beards

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Either way it looks unnatural

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jay ages well, like a fine wine or something? I don't know I don't drink a lot of wine

Mike ages badly, like a bad wine

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

As if Mike would let wine age

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Jay ages well, like a fine wine or something? I don't know I don't drink a lot of wine

Bad wine is amazing though. Especially if it comes in a bag.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Randarkman posted:

Bad wine is amazing though. Especially if it comes in a bag.

What if it's only half in the bag?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So how many thousands of dollars was Rich poised to break in that last nerd crew video

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

20 grand easy

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Their insurance specifically does not cover "acts of Rich"

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Is that $20k because the camera that broke the camera's fall would also be broke or can someone show me a $20k camera I can admire online.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Red Letter Media does not shoot with 5 digit price tag 4k studio cameras.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nah I've no idea. They look like a couple of Panasonic Ag Af100s which were like 4 grand back when they came out.
Plus lenses.
So maybe around 9,10k

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can't believe RED letter media aren't shooting on Red weapon 8ks

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

violent sex idiot posted:

thats not pre facial hair i think its between beards

It's post-mutton-chops pre-beard Jay

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can't believe RED letter media aren't shooting on Red weapon 8ks

buncha hack frauds they are

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

MrSlam posted:

YOU JUST KEEP HITTIN' THEM FUCKIN' HOME-RUNS DISNEY!

This gets funnier every time I hear it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXg7E2_x3o0

Zzulu posted:

It's crazy how much Mike has aged in the past 5 years.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Prometheus short video is amazing and truly illustrates just how bad Jay's amish beard / mussed hair combo was.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I kind of think he did it a bit on purpose, bit of the older days lack of style. I've met a few people who intentionally would give stupid looks even when talking to them, just to see if someone will start talking in simpler terms, assume they are stupid or what have you and would talk to people differently just based on how they looked. There are a lot of shots in the early Jay videos where he is just is staring with a slight slack jaw like he can't even process what's being said. He definitely started to realize as time went on that schtick wasn't going to cut it and at least one person probably gave him some solid fashion/hair advice because by the end of their third year he turned it around for the most part and has been a rising blue dagger shooting into space since then.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Credible posted:

I kind of think he did it a bit on purpose, bit of the older days lack of style. I've met a few people who intentionally would give stupid looks even when talking to them, just to see if someone will start talking in simpler terms, assume they are stupid or what have you and would talk to people differently just based on how they looked. There are a lot of shots in the early Jay videos where he is just is staring with a slight slack jaw like he can't even process what's being said. He definitely started to realize as time went on that schtick wasn't going to cut it and at least one person probably gave him some solid fashion/hair advice because by the end of their third year he turned it around for the most part and has been a rising blue dagger shooting into space since then.

I just lost 50 IQ points reading this

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Justin Credible posted:

*intentionally allows jaw to slacken slightly*

Edit- Hey kids do you wanna talk about star wars?

quote:

All of the scenes set in Egypt were filmed in Tunisia, and the canyon where Indiana threatens to blow up the Ark was shot in Sidi Bouhlel, just outside of Tozeur. The location was previously used in the Tatooine scenes from 1977's Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, since many people in the location crew were the same for both films. Notably, that canyon was the exact same location where R2-D2 was attacked by Jawas. The Tanis scenes were filmed in nearby Sedala and it was a harsh experience due to the heat and disease. Several members of the cast and crew fell ill; Rhys-Davies in particular defecated in his costume during one shot. Spielberg was never ill, as he only ate tinned foods from England.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 28, 2017

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
BRRRAAAUGH

He's gonna pop.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh yeah i also enjoyed the clapping so hard all the sweet loot was falling off the shelves / (collectors item platforms)

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

mng posted:

BRRRAAAUGH

He's gonna pop.

Haha, is that a lil picard leaning into frame and waving at me? Thanks RLM.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Krinkle posted:

Haha, is that a lil picard leaning into frame and waving at me? Thanks RLM.

those little extra winks towards nerd culture is what makes nerd crew a cut above the rest

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Rich's slurping the coffee cup and Mike headbutting the microphone show they have a fine attention to detail.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
I'm Rich Evans and I was once forcibly kicked out of an all you can eat buffet.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is the constant loud slurping a thing some other popular geek shill does ?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Is the constant loud slurping a thing some other popular geek shill does ?

One of them does it in the video where they respond to Nerd Crew.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

I'm Rich Evans and I was once forcibly kicked out of an all you can eat buffet.

Hi Rich its time for you to answer for your race-crimes. Please step over here to be given your role in the Trump Administration.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

reignofevil posted:

Hi Rich its time for you to answer for your race-crimes. Please step over here to be given your role in the Trump Administration.

Ambassador to China.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

mng posted:

Ambassador to China.

*Rich calls the president of China*

"CHIANG CHANG DING DONG HONG KONG!"

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Was there ever a half in the bag for Warcraft.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

No. But they mentioned it on one of their movie wrap-ups or something.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Not even Jack and Rich care for Warcraft, so that poo poo's not going to be reviewed.

My personal review is that I liked how the people in the movie were naming people and places that I recognize from playing WoW. Then some action happened and I guess they're making some more movies.

9/10.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Warcraft sucks

There's a review for ya

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm not a chinermen so i don't understand the popularity of warcrafts or transformer movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Warcraft was an objectively bad movie. It belonged on syfy or the early 2000s.

• Locked thread