Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Pimblor posted:

Just as a thought experiment, what is the minimum level of technology necessary to make a steam engine capable of actual work? Could you do it with a 1700's era blacksmith shop?

Define what you mean by meaningful work.

You can get a tinsmith to make you a kettle that you can neck down to run a tiny turbine and spin a cog or wheel. Barely need any precision to get the basic motion out.

Efficiency is, of course, a whole different matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pimblor posted:

Just as a thought experiment, what is the minimum level of technology necessary to make a steam engine capable of actual work? Could you do it with a 1700's era blacksmith shop?

Define "capable of actual work"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolipile

The aeolipile is over 2000 years old.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
Enough to turn a paddle wheel for a steam ship say.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pimblor posted:

Enough to turn a paddle wheel for a steam ship say.

Not a model, but an actual steam ship? At a bare minimum you need to invent and develop pressure chambers that won't explode and kill you. That means precisely made valves, pistons, pressure gauges, consistent-thickness metal tubing, the ability to braze and solder and rivet and seal. What we typically think of as a "blacksmith's shop" does not have any of that. A piston steam engine also needs machining of pistons, so you need a high-quality precise metal lathe. There is a reason why steam engines are emblematic of the industrial revolution: the fact that you could generate pressure with steam was known for many centuries, but the revolution of industrial steam power required thousands of advancements in metallurgy, mechanical precision, etc.

It's hard to get a hold of these days but may I recommend James Burke's "Connections" TV series? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connections_(TV_series)
If you can find it, despite its age it holds up beautifully and nicely highlights a basic truth about technology: it is not reliant on individual geniuses having super ideas at random moments, but rather, thousands of small incremental improvements of previous technologies each of which was impossible without the entire environment of existing technology and new challenges presented at the moment they were made.

Basically: steam engines that do "useful work" required exactly the technology level that immediately preceded them, and nothing less.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 28, 2017

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Over build and run under pressure. If you design in a massive safety margin you can make a working steam paddle ship that's hilariously inefficient even by early steam standards but will be safe.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pimblor posted:

Technically yes, since the first steam engines (of recognizable modern configuration, i.e. using a piston and crank to produce rotary motion) were invented in the mid-1700s. In reality, they were built in scientific laboratories using the most advanced technology of the time, so no the average 18th-century blacksmith probably couldn't build one.

To conceptualize a steam engine that operates through the pressure of expanding gas, you need enough of a scientific base to develop thermodynamics. Then to actually build the machine, the main stumbling block is being able to make pistons and cylinders precisely enough to have a gas-tight sliding seal, in a material that can stand up to the pressure and temperature. So you need an engine lathe or boring machine to get a precise enough cut, and the metallurgical knowledge of tool steels to be able to work the material.

A blacksmith's shop, in contrast, wouldn't have any machine tools capable of the sort of precision that is required. A highly skilled smith could probably forge and grind a paired piston and cylinder that were very close to a perfect fit, but I doubt that he could get it tight enough to seal against several atmospheres of steam pressure -- and it certainly wouldn't be a practical technique for mass production.

The industrial revolution was sort of a snowball effect that began with scientific advances in the Age of Enlightenment -- primarily in physics, chemistry, mathematics -- which led to practical applications of the science, which led to further scientific innovations and the ability to build improved technology, which led to deeper understandings of the science, and so on.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 28, 2017

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
Excellent points all around. Thanks.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
I've read that one of the biggest obstacles that James Watt had to overcome in his design was finding a means to accurately bore cylinders to closely conform to the piston head diameter along its entire length. He worked with lovely inefficient cylinders that bled half their steam into the air instead of performing work until someone invented a machine tool that was up to the task.

e: oh yeah here it is

Watt had tried unsuccessfully for several years to obtain an accurately bored cylinder for his steam engines, and was forced to use hammered iron, which was out of round and caused leakage past the piston. The following quotation is from Roe (1916):

"When [John] Smeaton saw the first engine he reported to the Society of Engineers that 'Neither the tools nor the workmen existed who could manufacture such a complex machine with sufficient precision' "[9]

In 1774 John Wilkinson invented a boring machine in which the shaft that held the cutting tool was supported on both ends and extended through the cylinder, unlike the cantilevered borers then in use. Boulton wrote in 1776 that "Mr. Wilkinson has bored us several cylinders almost without error; that of 50 inches diameter, which we have put up at Tipton, does not err on the thickness of an old shilling in any part".[9]

and fwiw, watt's design (same as newcomen's design which he improved) used low-pressure steam, really just enough to force the steam through the system. it's actually a vacuum that actuates the piston- or rather, the atmosphere pushing the piston down to equalize the cylinder pressure, which is why that class of steam engines are called 'atmospheric' engines. Watt had no illusions of building boilers that could withstand any significant pressure. It took until the next generation of engine designers for higher-pressure systems, and the much higher energy density/efficiency they offered, to be pursued. Fabrication hurdles were absolutely one of the main barriers to producing worthwhile non-novelty steam engines, just not regarding boiler strength in particular.

Ambrose Burnside fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 28, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

It's really cool to watch the leap frog of fabrication to materials to design. At first they couldn't make it, then when they could the materials couldn't handle it, and then when the materials could they could iterate on the design. Which brings you back to step 1 and needing tighter tolerances or novel manufacturing methods.

In the 1830's Whitworth came up with the three point scraping method which really allowed machine tools to go from a one off artisan tool into something that could be mass produced and mass produce. Follow a generation later and you see HSS emerge as the dominant force and change everything once again. A generation after that was carbide, and shortly after indexable tooling, all following the same pattern of fabrication to materials to design.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
the three-plate method is cool as hell because suddenly people could, via a fairly simple and accessible process, produce plates that were so flat nobody could tell how far from absolute true they actually were for another like 75 years until precise metrology caught up

coincidentally i'm considering actually attempting to make three surface plates by hand that way, mostly because it'd be fun to take a crack at but also i could legit use a surface plate (or three, for when the first gets dented cause steel) and i have access to the high-falutin machines that could tell me how minimally i hosed things up

Ambrose Burnside fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 28, 2017

Mudfly
Jun 10, 2012

Motronic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOJrhrne80s

Basically: really big tables and tools.

Thanks, I think I see how - instead of a 'surface flat' table I've seen people use to mark and make small pieces flat, you use a giant straight edge and mark the beam you want flat with it.

The other option then is how other people have shown in the thread - get a bigger, very accurate machine, to take off the top layers so your beam is flat.

I'm interested in this because I'd like to see how accurate I can make a cnc machine out of old metal or cheap metal pieces. I've made a few 3D printers for less than $60 now and I'd like to extend the idea to machining. Pick up some old building I-Beams or the like and see what I can do.

Mudfly fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 28, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Normally you use a mill or surface grinder to do the heavy work and finish it with scraping. You really don't want to scrape much as it's very time intensive and really a pain in the rear end.

The picture above is a Biax flaker, which makes those cool looking J patterns. That's done after you've scraped it with a very similar but altogether different Biax scraper.

How accurate are you looking to make it? I've designed and built a few machine tools and can offer a bit of guidance. The latest one we're looking at will use a composite concrete base with Rexroth or SKF rails. The days of scraped ways and dovetails gibs are going the way of the dinosaur. The rigidity given by the crossed ball linear rollers is really amazing.

Thermally things get interesting too, that's one reason a good machine tool is big and beefy. Your rail system can be really big and strong but if whatever its mounted to can flex than you'll get weird dips and rises on your parts.

Definitely post some pics, I'd love to see how it progresses for you.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wayne Moore's Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy is the definitive work on how mankind bootstrapped itself from a chisel and suddenly cheap bessemer steel plates to regularly working in microns without breaking a sweat

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

shame on an IGA posted:

Wayne Moore's Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy is the definitive work on how mankind bootstrapped itself from a chisel and suddenly cheap bessemer steel plates to regularly working in microns without breaking a sweat

Put that one right next to my imaginary copy of "The Knight and The Blast Furnace."

Tell me more about this three plate method.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Pagan posted:

Put that one right next to my imaginary copy of "The Knight and The Blast Furnace."

quote:

The three plates are marked 1, 2, 3, for tracking in the process and scraping operation commences. High spots are seen when bluing from one plate is transferred to the surface of the other plate. Six steps are involved in scraping these three plates.

§ Step 1 – Plates #1 and #2 are scraped alternately one to the other until they conform to each other.

§ Step 2 – Plate #1 is now the control plate to which plate #3 is scraped.

§ Step 3 – Plate #2 and #3 are alternately scraped one to the other until they conform to each other.

§ Step 4 – Plate #2 is the control plate to which plate #1 is scraped.

§ Step 5 – Plates #1 and #3 are alternately scraped one to the other until they conform to each other.

§ Step 6 – Plate #3 is the control plate to which plate #2 is scraped.

Now each of the three plates conforms to each other in relative flatness. To increase the degree of flatness, the above steps must be repeated until the desired flatness is attained.

We use Biax scrapers and tubular hand scrapers. Camelback castings and straight edges are on eBay alot but be aware that most will come machined, and not scraped. If they are scraped consider them suspect until you've hit them with some bluing.

We've had good luck buying from Suburban Tool, but again, you need to scrape them in yourself.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Pagan posted:

Yooper covered the mechanics of it pretty well. The 'trick' to it, as I understand it (i havent scraped a drat thing so don't take this as gospel) is using multiple plates to eliminate the tendency for a two-plate approach (with neither of the plates being known-as-flat references) to produce a mirror of one of the plate's errors. The Wikipedia article on it exaggerates it as a 'ball and socket' relationship, which is pretty apt. The introduction of a third plate creates a sort of floating intermediate reference plate that's never a continuous reflection of another single plate's deviations from true flat, so the effect- if the plates are scraped in proper sequence- is a continuous true reduction of error across all plates towards absolute flat. Here's a good explanation of what's going on I found:

quote:

I drew from what I remember of the original Whitworth technique. It's very difficult to find an authorative treatment of this method.

Most informal accounts would have the worker scrape the three specimens in strict rotation, that is: A to B, B to C, and C to A . This if followed will eventually produce a flat surface but it triples the time for realizing certifiable flatness.

The process as I understand it is a bit more complex. I think it goes like this:

Label the plates A, B, and C.

Scrape A to B alternately rotating one plate randomly until both plates print. A is now the inverse of B.

Then scrape C to A using A as a scraping reference. When complete A is the inverse of B and C and their surfaces have a precisely equal spherical error. B and C are equal as in "equalized"). This is the "equalizing phase" One intermediate reference (A) and two inverse (B and C). Ignore A (the intermediale reference) for a time.

Apply blue to B and scrape C to B for three cuts. Blue C and scrape B to C for three cuts. Continue alternating (and rotating) every three cuts until B and C print together. This is the "averaging phase." Alternate scraping of each plate will reduce the error with each cut resulting in a theoretically flat but more likely a surface corrugation. Don't forget to rotate a random amount each cut (prevents lobing)

Blue B and scrape A to it. A and C are now the inverse of B. Ignore B (the neew intermediate reference) for a time.

Scrape A to C and C to A. When A and C print together they are averaged.

Continue with all three plates rotating one as an intermediate reference as the other two inverse generated plates are averaged. Eventually they will exhibit no error. All three plates are now flat.

I hope I got that correctly. It can be confusing. The important thing to remember is generating two plates so they have precisely equal errors. Then scrape the equalized plates together alternately to average their error. Equalize - average.

The single contemporary source I've found offering a complete description of the Whitworth averaging of errors procedure is in "Engineering Reminiscences" by Charles Porter:

http://www.amazon.com/Engineering-Re.../dp/091791435X. You will have to look through the book to find the relevant passages - about 2/3 through as I recall.

Ambrose Burnside fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 28, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

That Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy is pretty awesome. Moore Tool sells it for $150, but like the third Google result is some universities online version. Where I found this gem :

And this :

Oh dear.

Where have you been FOMA. This book is awesome.

:swoon:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
There was just a scraping class by Vintage machinery's Keith Rucker. Videos should be up on Abom79, NycCNC, and other channels.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Anyone know of any tools that are good for measuring bores that are long?

I need to measure tapered tubing that goes from about .350-.470 over 7-9".

I have a set of telescoping gages, and a set of those ball gages, but they aren't long enough.

Maybe I will just have to modify a telescoping gage. I wish I could take an internal mould of the bore and then measure the mould, but due to the area the tube sits, I can't remove the mould due to it being blocked by another component.

EDIT: Derp. just found this. Seems perfect. http://www.starrett.com/metrology/p...#Specifications

Brekelefuw fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 29, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Those work very well, you just need a very gentle touch when setting and measuring them. For the best accuracy don't use the clicker on the micrometer and calibrate the mic just prior to measuring.

Bloodspike
Apr 29, 2016

Mandingueiro danado
I've been trying to find a better thread for my jewelry related question, but failed. I guess it still falls under metalwork so here goes.
I've been working in silver (and gold, rarely) for a good few years, mostly chainmaille and turk's head rings (see my post history for my awesome wedding rings), but I have decided it is time to add a new element and that is fire. To whit, I want to learn silver fusing. I know it only works for fine silver and that's ok, I have that.
I bought a 30 EUR butane torch, which is hot enough to melt the silver.
My problem is I don't have yet a proper surface for it and I'm wary of throwing another 30-40 EUR at a proper jeweler supplier one until I figure out I can actually learn this thing.
The question is what replacements can I use for it. Would AAC (the white bricks used in construction) be ok? I also have some pieces of concrete (paving stones) if that's better.
Furthermore, can I DIY something to melt silver scraps into and some kind of trough in which to pour said scraps into an ingot-ish shape? It would be small quantities, maybe 20-30 grams at once.
Thanks.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Grab a soldering board and a crucible from a jewelry supply. The boards are probably £10-15, and a crucible would be similar.
Fire brick is another option in place of or as well as the board.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
Firebrick is fine but the insulating kind that you'd want tends to be really friable and drop that lovely silica dust all over the place. Soldering boards do the same job but are a lot harder and aren't expensive. Don't use concrete or some random material if at all possible, it's liable to spall or do weird things to the silver and won't insulate or reflect heat for poo poo. Also consider a charcoal block, although those are consumable and kinda pricey.
For a crucible, you can get very affordable little alumina crucibles for cheap. I got mine from a jeweller for, like, less than $10 canadian?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I assume by soldering board every one is referring to these soldering pads or similar. Last time I fused fine silver rings to make an Etruscan chain I used one of these because it's a flat and level surface to heat on, it kept the rings from warping too much side to side.

The only thing I've used a pressed charcoal block for is making perfectly round balls/granules out of silver etc.

Finally firebrick is more for general purpose jewelry soldering. Some can have a porous/sponge like rough texture. I think fusing is possible on them but not really great because of this and I've forgotten the reason why. (probably because it's a bitch to get a small melted blob of metal out if you do over heat something) On the upside if you have a ceramics supply place near you you can get them real cheap.

And yeah I wouldn't recommend concrete either. When I started out and used some stone garden edging I found it trapped too much heat because after I was done soldering I could drop some water on it and watch it sizzle/boil off. Imagine if you touched that on accident after heating something. Or trying to control where and what you want to heat on a piece. Fire bricks contain and reflect heat when there's a flame on them but they also cool down pretty quickly when you move your torch away.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Got to use a power hammer for real last night. Found a makerspace that has one, along with reasonable prices.

I've been forging a lot of knives, and it's easy to find high carbon steel in square and round. So I thought "Wow I'll save a ton of money and just purchase some W-1 1" round" I did save a ton of money, but it takes a few hours of hand forging to turn that into a useful rectangular shape.

With a power hammer, though, three hours of work and I have a dozen knife blanks of various steels, all drawn out to the same width and thickness.

The skills I've developed hand forging the past few years seem to carry over. I had almost no difficulty with getting the power hammer to do what I want. It's more about the timing and figuring out a good stance.

ArtistCeleste
Mar 29, 2004

Do you not?
What kind of power hammer are you using Pagan? How big?

I just finished my latest project. It is deceptively simple looking. And it's huge, 8.5 feet tall over 600lbs including the glass and the base. I really underestimated how much more effort it takes to make something of that size. I have been working 14hr days for months lately. Except for Christmas.

It was a commission for a client who is an artistic quilter. She wants to make more and sell them.

The decorative top piece changed some from the process pictures to the final piece. Everything comes apart and goes back together with 18 bolts.

(Gif of final product below.)
https://gfycat.com/LimitedUglyAmericanbulldog

ArtistCeleste fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 5, 2017

ArtistCeleste
Mar 29, 2004

Do you not?
One more thing. And probably of more interest to the rest of you. Lots of pictures from the process: http://imgur.com/gallery/qO24q

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

ArtistCeleste posted:

What kind of power hammer are you using Pagan? How big?
https://gfycat.com/LimitedUglyAmericanbulldog

Are you on Reddit? I've been poking around their blacksmith and bladesmith forums, and I saw photos of that! Impressive work. I often forget how frikkin' HEAVY metal gets when you start doing big sculptures.

I did not ask what kind of power hammer it was. It's small, runs off a motor and a big flywheel. I was quite happy to use it, it made short work of the big stock.

Now I'm wondering what other things a power hammer is really good for.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

ArtistCeleste posted:

One more thing. And probably of more interest to the rest of you. Lots of pictures from the process: http://imgur.com/gallery/qO24q

:drat:

How heavy is that frame? Beautiful work!

ArtistCeleste
Mar 29, 2004

Do you not?
It weighs over 500lbs.

I did post that on Reddit. More people there but I obviously not as in depth of a community.

Pegan maybe it is home made?

I love power hammers. First time using the Nazel I said to myself I can actually see myself making a living doing this.

I had used the Aynyang for a while but the Nazel made me start to think big. It really opened up possibilities for me.

I have access to a 250lb Beaudry at my bronze smithing job. But it needs some work. I can't control it right now. I am going to take the money from this job and get a fly press for that place.

I am also going to start a Twitch channel over there in the coming weeks.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Do you ever make money on the side by challenging drunk dudes to high stakes arm-wrestling matches?

ArtistCeleste
Mar 29, 2004

Do you not?
Haha! I would lose. I always lose arm wrestling. Plus I am 5'1" and 120lbs. Pound for pound I am no match.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
6G pipe welding with only 7018:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGxIs2a0rR8

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

ArtistCeleste posted:

It weighs over 500lbs.

I did post that on Reddit. More people there but I obviously not as in depth of a community.

Pegan maybe it is home made?

I love power hammers. First time using the Nazel I said to myself I can actually see myself making a living doing this.

I had used the Aynyang for a while but the Nazel made me start to think big. It really opened up possibilities for me.

I have access to a 250lb Beaudry at my bronze smithing job. But it needs some work. I can't control it right now. I am going to take the money from this job and get a fly press for that place.

I am also going to start a Twitch channel over there in the coming weeks.

Do you listen to the Blacksmither podcast?

I uploaded some terrible footage to youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxp334WLbWg of me using the hammer. The belt was slipping, and I didn't do any recording after it was replaced. Nonetheless, if you want to give me some feedback or critique, I'm open to suggestions.

I bought a weekend only membership to that place. In addition to a power hammer, they've even got a CNC router, a few mills, and some good belt grinders. I'm hoping to go in once or twice a month and do, in bulk, all the things I can't do at my place.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

drat that's a cool frame, and nicely made.

What kind of joint did you use on the structural crossmember? The corners look kind of pinched, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

ArtistCeleste
Mar 29, 2004

Do you not?
Hey Pagan. It looks like that hammer was probably based off of a Little Giant. There's lots of info around on those hammers. I even have a whole book about there in the shop here. One thing about the springs on those is that they wear out. Often when they wear out they kind of explode so most people have a cage around that area. It happened to someone I know recently. Luckily he had a cage.

Usually you want to start by getting the end of your stock to size. Put the material halfway on the die. Smash it to size. Then feed it forward half the length. Smash it to size, feed it forward half a die length. Smash it down feed it forward smash it down feed it forward. Now you have it to size in one dimension. Turn it 90 and repeat the process. It's pretty efficient that way but it's not the most efficient.

Once you get used to breaking things down to size you want to practice turning it 90-90. 90 degrees right, then 90 left. Put half on the die, squish to size, turn it 90, squish to size, feed it forward half the length of the die. By turning it 90 degrees every hit you put energy into the piece and it can stay hot for a much longer period of time. It's best if you can turn it after every hit.

Toby Hickman taught push to size, pull to taper. So by sizing on the first hit, that becomes your kiss block for the rest of the piece. You use the material you just hit to determine the dimensions of the rest of the piece. Tapering is similar but a little more complicated.

Slung Blade, Everything goes together and comes apart with 18 bolts. The posts are welded to plates at the top and at the bottom. The base is threaded and there is through holes in the bottom plate attached to the posts. At the top the plate at the post is threaded so that the cross piece can just slip over the exposed bolts and everything can be tightened down. The plate on the top is inset just a little so that it looks decorative and matches the rest of the frame. All in all that was 16 tapped holes to line up on an organic form. Even when drilled together and welded in place it's hard to get all those parts to match up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I made something you can see in this picture :)

Great to see your ongoing work, Celeste. I realized the other day it's been like ten years since I took my classes and I still haven't done anything about getting a shop set up and start pounding metal. I think that's gonna be my 2017 resolution.

ArtistCeleste
Mar 29, 2004

Do you not?
What did you make Leperflesh? (I accidentally called you Slung Blade) If you can make it over to North Berkeley you could come swing a hammer with me. I am starting a Twitch channel soon. Be fun to have a striker.

Oh and Pegan I listen to blacksmither radio on occasion. Victoria was on our Buenos Aires trip so I got to know her there.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Got a cool phone call yesterday in regards to machining some parts for a mega yacht. Not just any mega yacht, but a mega yacht built by Krupp in 1928. If it goes through I'll post some pics as this is a pretty cool looking project.

About once a year we get a call like this. Last year it was for a 1904 French Firetruck. The year before that was parts for a P-51 Mustang. Usually it's some old guy looking for parts for his 1934 Ford Tractor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:stare: I strive to be as good as this man.