Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Mirificus how many hours do you think you've spent cataloguing all the bad posts from RSI/Reddit/random internet comment threads? I fear it's become a bit of an obsession.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
In honour of the Orwelian times in which we now seem to be living I would like to suggest a new thread title:

Star Citizen: 2+2=5

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
We just got loving torched

quote:

Another year, another attempt by SomethingAwful SadArseclowns

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Thirsty Dog posted:

Mirificus how many hours do you think you've spent cataloguing all the bad posts from RSI/Reddit/random internet comment threads? I fear it's become a bit of an obsession.

Mirificus is actually Chris Roberts, and he will have you know he is cataloguing the good posts!

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Kosumo posted:

Hey Beets/Beer, could you guys probate Tophat so that we can all post "free Tophat again"?

That would be totally tane. Thanks

P.s. I think Chris Roberts may have told a lie, and I'm thinking that Star Citizen may not acksuly be good. Grief!

Mods? You can't let this heresy stand, can you?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016
Star Citizen: Chris was using alternative (game) facts.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Galarox posted:

In honour of the Orwelian times in which we now seem to be living I would like to suggest a new thread title:

Oh, go and tell the king that the sky is falling in
When it's not
When it's not
When it's not
Maybe not
Maybe not

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Galarox posted:

I think this is giving CIG far too much credit tbh. Star Citizen is somehow less than the sum of its parts.

Star Citizen 2+2=1

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

tooterfish posted:

I think this is giving CIG far too much credit tbh. Star Citizen is somehow less than the sum of its parts.

Star Citizen 2+2=1

But don't worry, Ben Lesnick is investigating where the other 3 got to.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

Star Citizen 2+2=1

much better :)

e:but the point is the reference to 1984, so 2+2=5 is also good... IMO

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I was watching tv when suddenly I felt searing pain, that must have been it.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Give me the SadArseclowns gangtag.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

tooterfish posted:

Star Citizen 2+2=1

Star Citizen: 2+2=2.6.1

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Thirsty Dog posted:

So I regularly listen to the Crate & Crowbar podcast (UK games journo types) and one of the main hosts, Chris Thursten, is an absolute space fanboy. Any space game, he'll play it to death.

On one of the recent episodes he started talking about getting back into Elite:Dangerous, and yet he immediately starts complaining about the pace of development and every step of the way compares it to, you guessed it, Star Citizen. It's absolutely infuriating hearing him unironically whinge that Elite's scope is smaller than SC's and the pace of development is much slower, though he does at least accept that Elite makes features fully playable.

At one point his girlfriend asks him if those SC features were just "in development" or if they'd been shown. "Oh yes, they've been shown" he says.

Holy gently caress. He's a smart guy and an experienced game journalist. How the actual gently caress do you see canned demos of "features" that never appear again years later, and consider that a feature that's been developed?

It's insane what this shitshow does to people's brains.

Yeah I listen to that one some times and now fast forward if he talks about SC. The dude isn't a shill, but his actual experience of SC is "play for 30 minutes, stuff is buggy but it seems like progress is being made!" Then get the PR emails and trust them, because he's a hopelessly nice person that can't believe someone would be running this more as a con than as game development.

I've written about this before, the problem with Star Citizen and garme jurnalizm isn't that the journalists are bought out by publishers or that the system is corrupt. The problem is that anyone in the games industry, making them or criticizing them, is in it because they love video games. The money and many other things about the work are poo poo. So the majority of people in the industry are nice people who are enthusiastic about the subject, meaning that they naturally have friendly relationships. Some people on the journalism side can slide into being developer/industry advocates more than consumer advocates. I'm ok with RPS but I think they fall into that zone a lot, particularly as an indie-focused site. Indie devs are mostly good people, it sucks to be mean to them. But being a pollyanna about a game that's taken a hundred million in advance is not cool.

(This is also why I had a problem with the famous RPS Peter Molyneux interview. Where was the hard-hitting coverage back when it mattered? The emotional tone of that interview is someone who's been betrayed by their idol. Burn your idols when you start your journalism career.)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

TrustmeImLegit posted:

quote:

Another year, another attempt by SomethingAwful SadArseclowns

:negative:

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

BitBasher posted:

Is that the way it actually looks? the camera view is steady but the helmet (and radar) bobs up and down as someone moves? That looks totally wrong. A helmet doesn't bounce up and down on my head with my footsteps while my eyes stay in the same place. WTF?

Yes, I think everything used to bob together, but when they added "vision stabilization" (i.e. removing headbob) they didn't extend that change to the helmet UIs. It looks incredibly stupid.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Galarox posted:

I propose a small change to make that represent Shitizen thinking even better:

Star Citizen: 2+2=Orange

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Star Citizen: 2+2 = Firetruck

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

*Mass* departures. If a person or two left, I'd like to know how that equates to "mass."

Oh, and what does putting me on record have to do with anything?

AFAIK, you're the only one who used the word "mass". Cite your sources! :argh:

TheAgent posted:

yeah, I will say I don't know specifics of who left but that it was more than just "one or two" people lol

Yeah, some of us already know, and confirmed it. Just ignore him.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/825364288948862976

TheAgent posted:

also what exactly is ground breaking about this project

I have never understood the "they are creating tech that's never been designed before" line

there's no technology here that hasn't been used before

It's hilarious, when you consider that even I have done all of this long before now.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 28, 2017

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Xaerael posted:

OK, this is my prediction:

Before mid year, a hired company has been brought on to do major work. 50%> chance that company is Chinese.
Mid year-last quarter: "Everything is going great guys, expect 3.0* by xmas!"
Xmas 2017: "Working with a Chinese studio has proven harder than expected, 3.0* is going to have to be delayed a bit longer, probably 1st 1/4 2018

*"3.0" is replaceable since they will probably shovel out 'something' with no substance that doesn't resemble anything they said will be in 3.0. Jesus patch effect, etc.

Too predictable.
Mine is that an 'accidental' fire will happen at the rightwrong time and wipe out a years work!

Edit:

No, wait. Chris will 'accidentally' get a ransom virus that asks for 300 bitcoins, and he starts a pledge to get whales to pay more money.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

boviscopophobic posted:

Yes, I think everything used to bob together, but when they added "vision stabilization" (i.e. removing headbob) they didn't extend that change to the helmet UIs. It looks incredibly stupid.

This is loving insanity.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Thirsty Dog posted:

So I regularly listen to the Crate & Crowbar podcast (UK games journo types) and one of the main hosts, Chris Thursten, is an absolute space fanboy. Any space game, he'll play it to death.

On one of the recent episodes he started talking about getting back into Elite:Dangerous, and yet he immediately starts complaining about the pace of development and every step of the way compares it to, you guessed it, Star Citizen. It's absolutely infuriating hearing him unironically whinge that Elite's scope is smaller than SC's and the pace of development is much slower, though he does at least accept that Elite makes features fully playable.

At one point his girlfriend asks him if those SC features were just "in development" or if they'd been shown. "Oh yes, they've been shown" he says.

Holy gently caress. He's a smart guy and an experienced game journalist. How the actual gently caress do you see canned demos of "features" that never appear again years later, and consider that a feature that's been developed?

It's insane what this shitshow does to people's brains.

Yea, that annoyed me too. Someone needs to send in a really long email to them. I don't think he's indoctrinated, just poorly informed. He might just watch a trailer every now and then without paying attention to anything else. I don't think he's even played the alpha post Star Marine.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Samizdata posted:

I am posting from THE FUTURE! Had to roll back time to mention Fractured Space was free for a limited time prerelease.

Not the same thing as what I'm arguing with MoMa about. A lot of games on Steam have a promo period whether is free play, free play weekend etc.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Megabound posted:

Yea, that annoyed me too. Someone needs to send in a really long email to them. I don't think he's indoctrinated, just poorly informed. He might just watch a trailer every now and then without paying attention to anything else. I don't think he's even played the alpha post Star Marine.

I brought it up on their Discord a while back, when Chris was super keen the previous time. Chris didn't engage at all. I'm not a huge fan of what the podcast has turned into these days anyway so it's more effort than I'm willing to expend, I just found it notable that there was a complete lack of critical thinking.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It's always at the lowest position on my podcast list. I felt really bad a couple of episodes ago when Pip started crying while Chris and Tom continued to poke fun at her.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Source of that quote?

The wikipedia page for the game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect:_Andromeda

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kosumo posted:

I propose a small change to make that represent Shitizen thinking even better:

Star Citizen: 2+2=Orange

Thoatse posted:

Star Citizen: 2+2 = Firetruck

I vote Firetruck, since firetrucks are orange.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Not the same thing as what I'm arguing with MoMa about. A lot of games on Steam have a promo period whether is free play, free play weekend etc.

But then you keep it? That is how I got it.

EDIT: All the SC talk got me in a space game mood. So, when they had a try it and keep it deal, I tried it and kept it.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 29, 2017

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Chunjee posted:

Star Citizen: 2+2=2.6.1

Wrong it's Star Citizen: 2 + 2 < 3.0

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
Ship should not explode when picking up item drop.
i choudet even be possible to go in to the outher teams base
I remain inside the ship and can walk around without any problems
The suit had to switch to another suit
Re-spawn no CTD
Pre-match kills should not be counting towards the actual match score.
Should Spawn back with the rest of your team.
that i can run at the door without
To be able to select a server and play.
fixing blackness you see when running at a door
i expect to be able to bind any key to my mouse and for my mouse to be recognised, its a Logitech G3 lazer mouse so not really a complicated one :)
Game mode should change only the amount of times that it has been clicked.
You should sit in the seat
For Mobiglas to function
The ship should remain stationary after one leaves the pilot seat.
Game shouldn't cause system failure like this. Very bad for hardware.
I did not thought, that I could select the cutlass specific weapon or that it would glitch inside the ship
Camera stays stable.
Starting launcher for login, be able to login.
Correct rendering of buttons.
I pay for redeemer and I want the redeemer I don't want the vanguard hoplite
When inviting a player from your contact list that is confirmed to be online, they should receive the invite.
Good animations in the combat signs.
Can safely enter the Caterpillar.
Ship should remain stationary while outside on EVA
should not explode

ACTUAL RESULT
Death
EXPECTED RESULT
Use the ladder and EVA normally

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Shame people in this thread run off content posters with concern trolling.

Wish that guy who transcribed the European star citizen boards was still around considering the rumours of Germany financing the majority of this train wreck.

Abongination fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 29, 2017

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Peter Molyneux posted:

I literally work sixteen hours a day. I literally work sixteen hours a day. I don’t do that just to lie to people, I do it because I believe I’m doing. I totally believe in what I’m trying to make. Yeah, and you can rile the backers up and get them to ask for their money back and you can say, ‘Oh, you’ve broken your promises,’ but I’m still doing it. I’m still working on it. I’m still putting every ounce of my energy. I’m still not going to my son’s play because I had to work on Godus. I’m still getting shouted at by my wife because I’m not home. Do you know what time I got home last night? Two-thirty in the morning.

lol this is going to be Chris at some point. :allears:

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

CptVHart posted:

COMMUNITY/ISSUE COUNCIL/STAR CITIZEN ALPHA 2.6.0/ISSUE REPORT

You guys arnt fixing issues that have been around for awhile now

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. start game
2. step 2 glitch
3. step 3 bugs
4. step 4 die to try to fix unfixable bug
5. step 5 question what all your employees are doing
6. step 6 remember your employees have ADD and are to busy adding features to fix old bugs
7. step 7 cry deeply for spending so much on this game
8. step 8 a new hope
9. step 9 send you guys report
10. step 10 wait for responce
11. step 11 not get a response
12. step 12 give up for awhile go back to elite dangerous only other space sim on market
13. get bored of boring elite dangerous space sim, want something more exciting and better
14. remember star citizen and its promises
15. go back to star citizen and basically back to step 1

ACTUAL RESULT

have played many times got upset with you guys not fixing things left come back everything looks new but more bugs then before my new favorite is octopus pilot where i have freaking 4 arms 4 legs all flailing around in my face so i cant see where im flying, control bugs for days trying to use hotas and im just too tired to keep listing them, ohh friend is angry no graphics settings

EXPECTED RESULT

for the stuff you do have to work and you to not tell me about all the "cool feature" coming out when the stuff you have doesnt work (if you guys want evidence just play it) look im sorry support i needed to vent it just really doesn't seem like anything is remotely finished and you are getting ahead of yourselves with other features and projects before finishing a thought here.

Most stuff on the Issue Council doesn't get responses, but 13 people made sure to mark this one invalid.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/..._for_awhile_now

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Star Citizen - Master Troll and the Mothers of Delusion

great album

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Despite the lack of news it's starting to feel very end-game. I think backers in general need to be encouraged to seek counseling more than anything else. As much as I like to see dishonest business practices fail, I'm worried that there might be some murder/suicides when this all ends. If they really have a million backers it's just a statistical likelihood that some sort of violence will arise if there is a sudden collapse of the dream structure.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

you know the lesnicks weren't allowed to sit together, their combined weight is quite impressive

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Amarcarts posted:

Despite the lack of news it's starting to feel very end-game.

Nothing much happens now publicly at CIG unless there's a big sale, it means less funny content here but Citizens are slowly waking up to the fact that they were lied to about 3.0.

Once the layoffs become public, which will happen, it always does, I expect someone in the gaming media to take an interest again. If they really do try and sell another capital class ship for thousands, I expect a lot of drama. Hopefully more people who haven't being following closely are going to put in for refunds and get out while they still can.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So recently TotalBiscuit made some comments about Star Citizen regarding people comparing it to No Man's Sky.

Jan 26, 2017: In this broadcast, he said (verbatim):

quote:

"The comparisons to No Man's Sky are bullshit. Wanna know why they are bullshit? Because No Man's Sky hid everything before launch; and lied about a bunch of poo poo; and then came out and ended up being a bunch of poo poo.

Star Citizen is the most transparent development of anything I have ever seen. There is so much info..I mean one, you can go and play it right now; and you can see the exact state that it's currently in - 'cuz you can just go and play the alpha.

And the amount of information they put out on a weekly basis..they make videos, they stream, the developer blogs are like five loving pages long a day.

There's no game in history that has been as transparent as with the development and where they're going with it, than Star Citizen has been.

They...you can play it; they show it all the time; they are completely open with their process.

So no, yeah, it might end coming out and being poo poo; and the people throwing thousands of dollars at it, well I think that's kind of foolish, but you know, it's your money, you do what you want with it.

But I refuse to allow it to be compared to No Man's Sky; it's a, it's a polar opposite situation..of that. It's a stupid comparison. We know exactly what Star Citizen is, right now at this very moment. We do; it's all out there.

Aug 16, 2016: In this broadcast, he basically makes the same comparisons between No Man's Sky and Star Citizen hype; but this time specifically about the "zealous" Star Citizen fanbase and it's comparison to the NMS one.

July 9th, 2015: In this broadcast, he said (verbatim):

quote:

"I am certainly concerned about No Man's Sky; obviously I'll give it a try, uhm, but it's extremely ambitious, and that's always a reason to doubt it. And then when you throw in the idea of procedural generation, like urrgh. I hear that word; I hear that word a lot, and whenever I hear it, I get a little bit worried because I've seen games that do the all procedural generation thing, and they're generally by no means as good as a game that has a properly designed level. Because the computer can never create a properly designed level anywhere near as well as an actual human being can. And when comes out to planets; I'm like oh well, I mean, er I dunno what's gonna be going on with that. I've definitely got my doubts; certainly. I hope it turns out good; I don't want it to fail.

*laughs*

Star Citizen, imaginary game, yeah. You threw money at a pipe dream. You know, maybe Star Citizen will come out at some point in some form, I'm sure it probably will, but. We will see some game, that has space ships in it. It will probably be...yeah, we turned it into a racing game guys, we took the racing component that's the entire game, just like, we're done. It is, it is super ambitious. It also has a lot of money, but it doesn't matter how much money you can throw at a game, you can still end up failing your goals.

They're [backers] are throwing money at a dream; and I, I don't really know if Star Citizen actually turns out to be what they claimed it is, and what they promise it is; then it will be incredible no doubt; but..when? When is that gonna happen?

Meanwhile, over at the /r/StarCitizen watering hole, a bunch of the "zealous" fanbase, along with the Usual Suspects (aka Shitizens) are trying to use his statements to somehow legitimize the notion that because Star Citizen has "open" development, that means everything is fine, it's coming out etc.

It's all the usual rubbish.

TotalBiscuit has been clear and consistent in his musings and statements regarding Star Citizen. His recent statements are no different. His comment about NMS vs SC, especially in the recent broadcast, are restricted to the notion of people comparing the two games in terms of knowing what the game is and about; and that because NMS was a disaster, so too will Star Citizen.

He is basically saying that with NMS you didn't know what you were getting, what state the game was in etc. Until it was released. Then all hell broke loose. But with Star Citizen, there is all this wealth of material, you can read them, go play the alpha right now etc. So you know - beforehand - the state that the game is in, the discussions around it, and from there you can make an informed decision about it.

The key takeaway here is that, NMS hid everything about the development, failed to curb expectations etc. But how is that wrong? The game wasn't crowd-funded, it wasn't early access, and they were under no obligation to release anything about the development of their game, other the hype they were generating. In short, they operated like a standard dev studio or publisher would.

Star Citizen is a $142m crowd-funded game; not to mention the amount of money from loans and investors which haven't been disclosed. Even if they don't have to explain anything to the bankers and investors, they have an obligation to the backers because that was the premise of the project and the promise made to backers. It is patently irrelevant if they are "open" (hint: they aren't) or not, in terms of full disclosure because, since day one, they've historically LIED to backers, used shady tactics to continue fleecing them for funding etc. And after five (six if you're counting) years and all this money, neither of the two games promised for a Nov 2014 delivery, are even near 15% complete.

No Man's Sky promised no such thing; and were under no obligation to be "open" about their development. However, just like Sean Murray did, Chris Roberts has been talking up and lying about a bunch of features which have now either been cut, or will never - ever - make it into the game.

The Star Citizen devs are only "open" about what they want to share with backers. And most of the more critical info is either hidden or obfuscated. Go ahead, ask a backer when the much touted 3.0 patch (see my predictions here - all of which came true) is coming out; or the state of Squadron 42; or the status of the Lumberyard engine switch; or their internal projections (note the public schedule only goes to 2.6.1) for the release of both games; or why they were busy making R&D tech demos under the guise of building tech for the game engine; or why some critical info about the game, ends up in game magazines (e.g. in Germany) instead of the community etc. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Star Citizen is as open and transparent as the frosted glass in a Church. In fact, the "game" itself is so transparent, that you can't even see it; because there is no game.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jan 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D_Smart posted:

So recently TotalBiscuit made some comments about Star Citizen regarding people comparing it to No Man's Sky.

Jan 26, 2017: In this broadcast, he said (verbatim):

Aug 16, 2016: In this broadcast, he basically makes the same comparisons between No Man's Sky and Star Citizen hype; but this time specifically about the "zealous" Star Citizen fanbase and it's comparison to the NMS one.

July 9th, 2015: In this broadcast, he said (verbatim):

Meanwhile, over at the /r/StarCitizen watering hole, a bunch of the "zealous" fanbase, along with the Usual Suspects (aka Shitizens) are trying to use his statements to somehow legitimize the notion that because Star Citizen has "open" development, that means everything is fine, it's coming out etc.

It's all the usual rubbish.

TotalBiscuit has been clear and consistent in his musings and statements regarding Star Citizen. His recent statements are no different. His comment about NMS vs SC, especially in the recent broadcast, are restricted to the notion of people comparing the two games in terms of knowing what the game is and about; and that because NMS was a disaster, so too will Star Citizen.

He is basically saying that with NMS you didn't know what you were getting, what state the game was in etc. Until it was released. Then all hell broke loose. But with Star Citizen, there is all this wealth of material, you can read them, go play the alpha right now etc. So you know - beforehand - the state that the game is in, the discussions around it, and from there you can make an informed decision about it.

The key takeaway here is that, NMS hid everything about the development, failed to curb expectations etc. But how is that wrong? The game wasn't crowd-funded, it wasn't early access, and they were under no obligation to release anything about the development of their game, other the hype they were generating. In short, they operated like a standard dev studio or publisher would.

Star Citizen is a $142m crowd-funded game; not to mention the amount of money from loans and investors which haven't been disclosed. Even if they don't have to explain anything to the bankers and investors, they have an obligation to the backers because that was the premise of the project and the promise made to backers. It is patently irrelevant if they are "open" (hint: they aren't) or not, in terms of full disclosure because, since day one, they've historically LIED to backers, used shady tactics to continue fleecing them for funding etc. And after five (six if you're counting) years and all this money, neither of the two games promised for a Nov 2014 delivery, are even near 15% complete.

No Man's Sky promised no such thing; and were under no obligation to be "open" about their development. However, just like Sean Murray did, Chris Roberts has been talking up and lying about a bunch of features which have now either been cut, or will never - ever - make it into the game.

The Star Citizen devs are only "open" about what they want to share with backers. And most of the more critical info is either hidden or obfuscated. Go ahead, ask a backer when the much touted 3.0 patch (see my predictions here - all of which came true) is coming out; or the state of Squadron 42; or the status of the Lumberyard engine switch; or their internal projections (note the public schedule only goes to 2.6.1) for the release of both games; or why they were busy making R&D tech demos under the guise of building tech for the game engine. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Star Citizen is as open and transparent as the frosted glass in a Church. In fact, the "game" itself is so transparent, that you can't even see it; because there is no game.

that's a lot of words