Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Well I can get a TR Astrotrain for a decent price but eBay are taking the piss for the Broadside that I truly want. Are any of these out in UK stores?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Broadside hasn't shipped to retail yet I don't think.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Goldskull posted:

Well I can get a TR Astrotrain for a decent price but eBay are taking the piss for the Broadside that I truly want. Are any of these out in UK stores?

Not yet, Smyths have only just got the OP/Megs voyagers.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Ebay coupon CJANUARY15OFF $15 off orders of $75 or more. Expires tonight.
This is the key to truly cheap iron factory. Someone wake up the doctor. Ordered soul reaper and shadow tengu for $66 USD (also a magic card to get to the $75 threshold)

I think the one seller might be a scam but hey whatever ebay

Also, I just wanna say, if you have any interest in Iron Factory stuff - The Ultimate Commander / Alleria combo box is a great pair of figures. I've really enjoyed their Ginrai. The inner robot is a cool Stormbringer legend while the Ginrai is almost deluxe size, towers over the other IF figures as he should.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I will hang on then, I usually get things through Kapow and they're out of stock

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's the entire front end of the vehicle mode. That is objectively less than Barricade's car roof. Which again, supposedly forms something thematically appropriate.

The transformation of these toys is far more elaborate than you're giving them credit for. I *own* several one step Transformers. Both of the figures have far more moving parts than any given one of those do, and it's obvious.

The end result is no more impressive so far. Maybe it's unfair to continually compare the new movie stuff to the RotF line, but...sorry, that's the gold standard. Just the sheer amount of unpainted grey plastic on the Berserker is laughable. I don't mind too much, as it's money saved, and the MP Bumblebee looks nice so I have some optimism for those three. Curious who the third MP will be. I'd be kinda down for an MP Barricade, honestly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Broadside hasn't shipped to retail yet I don't think.

In Asia, Hasbro is apparently shipping them around this or next week. My Facebook friend who sells Transformers alleges it's because Hasbro thought Asians buy toys for their kids on Chinese New Year.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I got pulled in by The_Doctor, I ordered the KO MP Tony Ironhide. I also ordered a £30 Lego set too drunk so it's all his fault. Whatcha gonna do?

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

Found another Transformer hiding around while I've been preparing Prophet of Nixon's and Lepecard's packages. This addition is Classics Voyager Optimus Prime. Checking Ebay he seems to go for a lot for some reason. Either way, I'll put him down for $35 I guess.

In the meantime, DrRockso20, I found Slugslinger and didn't really see any problems with him. If it turns out I was wrong and there's still a problem with him, just tell me.

In the meantime, since this is a new page, here's the list again.

ARMADA
Thundercracker ----------$30
Megatron--------------------$20
Galvatron--------------------$40
Starscream ----------------$20
Wheeljack ------------------$15
Demolishor-----------------$10 DrRockso20
Cyclonus---------------------$10 DrRockso20
Blurr----------------------------$10
Thrust-------------------------$10
Scavenger-------------------$20
Smokescreen--------------$10
Skywarp----------------------$30
Sideways---------------------$15
Hoist----------------------------$10
Hot Shot----------------------$10
Overload----------------------$20 Prophet of Nixon
Optimus Prime (Big)----$30 Rhyno
Optimus Prime (Small)--$15
Sideswipe-------------------$10
Red Alert---------------------$15

ENERGON
Mirage (Japanese Version)--------$20
Galvatron---------------------$30 Prophet of Nixon
Wing Saber------------------$25 Rhyno
Ironhide-----------------------$15
Shockblast-------------------$15 Prophet of Nixon
Inferno--------------------------$10 Prophet of Nixon
Slugslinger-------------------$10 DrRockso20
Divebomb-----------------------$5 DrRockso20
Ravage---------------------------$5 DrRockso20
Arcee------------------------------$5 DrRockso20
Landmine---------------------$30 DrRockso20 (Maybe)

CYBERTRON
Optimus Prime--------------$30 Lepecard
Galvatron-----------------------$30
Scourge-------------------------$25 DrRockso20 (Maybe)
Soundwave--------------------$15 DrRockso20 (Maybe)
SkyShadow--------------------$15 DrRockso20 (maybe)
Excellion------------------------$20

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE
Megatron------------------------$30 DrRockso20
Optimus Prime----------------$30
Ultra Magnus------------------$30
Dreadwind and Smokjumper---$35 DrRockso20
Sideburn-------------------------$10 DoctorWhat
Brawn-----------------------------$10 DoctorWhat
Prowl------------------------------$10 DoctorWhat
Bruticus--------------------------$5 DrRockso20
Obsidian------------------------ $7 Prophet of Nixon
Megatron Megabolt------ $35

Classics Voyager Optimus Prime------------$35
Classics Hot Rod (NOT the G1 version)---$30
Cryotek---------------------------$40

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Winners of the first round.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
fukk yeah munky time

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Unknown evil is Charlie Day

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

You unoriginal bastards.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
GOOD GOOD CAR BOYS

More pictures here: http://brightcoat.tumblr.com/post/156437632681/good-good-car-boys-rid-supremacy-reunited-at

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The MSJ posted:

Was hoping for Thunderwing to make it to round 2(he'll probably get a toy anyway since they can just use Black Shadow's mold), but I can live with these results, since Star Saber and Unknown Evil are still there(since they'd make the most interesting toys out of the contestants)

Really hope Ultra Magnus gets eliminated next round though, cause he's already gotten both a good quality toy and focus in the comics in recent years(and hopefully if Primal wins they won't just copy his Beast Wars figure and do something a bit more original)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

RiD Magnus is the coolest Magnus, that alt mode is just love.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Just managed to read Optimus Prime #3.

Yes. This is far and beyond the best Transformers Comic currently in production.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Those results are not quite what I expected.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Aren't 3/4 winners technically people have carried the matrix of leadership? I agree with Rainbowbeard. Like, yees.

Onmi posted:

Yes. This is far and beyond the best Transformers Comic currently in production.
Even weirder if this keeps up I think it'll read really well in the trades.

I like Starscream's gun.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Orbital are getting the goods in! There's a fuckton of deluxes here.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Really hope Ultra Magnus gets eliminated next round though, cause he's already gotten both a good quality toy and focus in the comics in recent years(and hopefully if Primal wins they won't just copy his Beast Wars figure and do something a bit more original)

Perhaps if Primal wins, the comic will make him become Optimal Optimus when Primed.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

The_Doctor posted:

Orbital are getting the goods in! There's a fuckton of deluxes here.

There's 48 deluxes and 2 leaders. That means there is only 12 of each deluxe figure for wave 4.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You unoriginal bastards.

#notmyprime either

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

There's 48 deluxes and 2 leaders. That means there is only 12 of each deluxe figure for wave 4.

There were many more boxes coming in, that was just one stack. I'm about to run back and see if they've opened any.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Perhaps if Primal wins, the comic will make him become Optimal Optimus when Primed.

I would be down for a new Optimal Optimus

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh poo poo!

Treated myself to a Perceptor :3:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo!

Dude! How could you pass on Sky Shadow?!

Also let us know how that Perceptor is because I really want to replace my CHUG version.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Because that's drat pricey for Sky Shadow! And I'm waiting for the Overlord version of that mould.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it. Welcome to Trump's America. No new TFs in sight.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Christ, this Perceptor is amazing. The microscope works and focuses! The hidden tank mode is really fun, especially having to work it out for yourself because it's not mentioned anywhere in the instructions. Robot mode is nice and looks great. Just what The_Doctor ordered.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Picture of the tank mode please!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pics!

"I fear the wounds are... fatal."

Tank mode!

Pushed back the 'cannon' here so you can see the 'cockpit'. There's a lot of imagination going on here.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

The_Doctor posted:

"I fear the wounds are... fatal."

Stop...! You're going to make me cry again like I did when I was 4 year old and saw that movie. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

#squadgoals

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Onmi posted:

Just managed to read Optimus Prime #3.

I love Thundercracker, he's up there with Whirl and Cyclonus for my favourite characters in IDW's continuity

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Thundercracker is so good. I like this book a lot haha. I think I like TAAO a little more but that's not fair because it has the Combaticons in it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Good Listener posted:

Thundercracker is so good. I like this book a lot haha. I think I like TAAO a little more but that's not fair because it has the Combaticons in it.

it had the best line in a TF comic in recent memory too:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shout out to Heckie Holmes, I got my box super fast. And this Energon Wing Saber is so friggin cool. I never had him back when I owned my first Energon collection and I just love how he splits up and combines with Prime.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo!

Goddamnit I should have gone in there today, I will rock in on Monday and hope for a Broadside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Forbidden Planet has Wave 3 deluxes in, but at £19 each, I figure I can just wait till they hit regular retail here.