Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

For what reference points I have, kind of? Also I don't really have the schedule for a static when I get to that point, so that leaves me with PF.

You can also just make your own PF listing, on your terms. This works especially well with the cross server functionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A. Beaverhausen posted:

For what reference points I have, kind of? Also I don't really have the schedule for a static when I get to that point, so that leaves me with PF.

Party finder is nothing like raiding with a static, so your reference points aren't even for the right thing.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are you saying you can skip the first active time maneuver? We typically skip a bunch of mechanics in that fight but have never done that.

No, sorry if I was unclear. To my knowledge it is impossible to skip the Active Time Maneuver, but if you can get him to 60% either before he starts it or within about 2 seconds of him landing afterwards, you will skip the entire Lapis phase and go directly to Eternal Darkness. The timing issue is with getting him close enough to 60% beforehand, since if he isn't stuck doing a laser sword at 63% he will start the ATM and no matter how good your group is you will not be doing 3% of his health in damage in less than one GCD after he lands, even with a well-placed LB1.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The first two fights of every savage raid tier right now are completely puggable. You could throw up a PF today and clear all of them if you wanted.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Thundarr posted:

No, sorry if I was unclear. To my knowledge it is impossible to skip the Active Time Maneuver, but if you can get him to 60% either before he starts it or within about 2 seconds of him landing afterwards, you will skip the entire Lapis phase and go directly to Eternal Darkness. The timing issue is with getting him close enough to 60% beforehand, since if he isn't stuck doing a laser sword at 63% he will start the ATM and no matter how good your group is you will not be doing 3% of his health in damage in less than one GCD after he lands, even with a well-placed LB1.

Yeah we usually push way before that sword so we don't ever have a chance to make that one push in particular.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Preeeeeeeeeetty sure this is someone in dgkk

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Hivac posted:

You would be correct.

but at the same time, those loving lootmaster bird parties are so goddamn dumb. Even better then that was the guy who was 'I'm lootmastering the first bird for me because I"ll be here and you might not be, everyone else has to fight over the 2nd+'

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hivac posted:

yeah video games is in dgkk

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.
There's a Video Games on my server aswell and I've seen that exact advert from them except it was like 90th percentile and included the phase "no shitters"
I've talked to them before and they're actually mostly chill but at the same time it's probably serious

e: Actually speaking of the PF, on my server everyone says "practice" but the entire rest of the datacenter seems to say "training" and I find it really weird.

Mystic Cave zOWNd fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 28, 2017

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Obligatum VII posted:

24-man frontline is garbage. 8-man, never happens any more but you could actually mitigate RNG in that one and it is not nearly as much of a complete clusterfuck.

Edit: I legitimately enjoy Feast, particularly 4-man. Everyone really matters there and every person's individual skill can contribute a lot. It means if you're good and your team is at least passable, you can carry a match.

Actually 24v24v24 is superior to 8v8v8 in every way. Also feast blows now that they removed chat from it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

isn't video games a goon or is that just a coincidence
EDIT: beaten to it, yep

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mystic Cave zOWNd posted:

There's a Video Games on my server aswell and I've seen that exact advert from them except it was like 90th percentile and included the phase "no shitters"
I've talked to them before and they're actually mostly chill but at the same time it's probably serious

e: Actually speaking of the PF, on my server everyone says "practice" but the entire rest of the datacenter seems to say "training" and I find it really weird.

I checked FF logs to see if this dude was one of those "is actually a bad player wanting a carry" and there's basically one on every server. (From the looks of it and without knowing his server, the evidence I saw suggests this player is actually very good)

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Anyone have or know of a PVP link shell for premade groups for feast and front lines?

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I checked FF logs to see if this dude was one of those "is actually a bad player wanting a carry" and there's basically one on every server. (From the looks of it and without knowing his server, the evidence I saw suggests this player is actually very good)

He most certainly is, and we had a pleasant discussion about Heavensward's raids which make me believe that he's not a dick either. It still makes me sad seeing PFs like that, but I suppose that's what happens when a fight's only challenging mechanics are beatable by high dps and virtually everything else in the encounter is dull. I don't think I could be more disappointed with Zurvan, especially after how awesome Sophia was.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I really much prefer 4v4 feast to 8v8 feast but the unrated is 8v8 only. I don't know what the hell they were thinking by having no off-season and no unrated 4v4, it's like they want no one to have practice for the actual rated fights. The set-up made some of the chat pretty vicious if you came in to rated matches mid-season with no rank. Of course, rather than doing the rational thing and allowing people to practice unrated, they just took away chat in the feast. Of course, not only is 8v8 a bad place to practice because of the different numbers, but because the class set up is random. You can change your job at the start, but you can't change your PvP abilities. I really don't get what they were thinking.

I like both 72 and 24 frontlines evenly, but I wish they'd mix things up more often. Before Garo, it was all 24, now it's all 72. It's all shatter, too. I think it'd be awesome if we could get an old 50 frontlines going with 72 man. I've yet to see one pop.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I just can't help but to keep looking at it. I play pretty hard and do my best, but I can't imagine not only being that good, but finding 7 other randos who are also that good. An average ilevel of 270 means you have to be completely decked out in Savage Creator stuff, doesn't it? Or I guess improved Shire gear, but I don't think that's possible yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So, I'm getting to the point I've basically got White Mage decked out. What cross-class skills are good to look at? I know Swiftcast but anything else?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

So, I'm getting to the point I've basically got White Mage decked out. What cross-class skills are good to look at? I know Swiftcast but anything else?

Surecast is occasionally useful, though I've got AST to 53 and I've never needed to touch it personally.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

ImpAtom posted:

Eye for an Eye and Virus are low priority for you right now but you should have them around. Swiftcast is the really big one you need to have immediately.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ImpAtom posted:

Virus and Eye for an Eye. Then whatever. I have Surecast and Blizz 2 even though I've pretty much never used them because they're not Physick and Ruin, which are your only other options.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cool, thanks. I figured most of those but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
It is weird that the level 50 frontlines never, ever pop in the roulette.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

TBH I don't know why they don't just make secure/slaughter lvl60 instances, I don't think there's much value in keeping them at 50 and it just serves to make them irrelevent (well that and the fact that secure kinda sucks). It'll be super weird if we never see shatter and seal rock after Stormblood comes out, also.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

homeless snail posted:

TBH I don't know why they don't just make secure/slaughter lvl60 instances, I don't think there's much value in keeping them at 50 and it just serves to make them irrelevent (well that and the fact that secure kinda sucks). It'll be super weird if we never see shatter and seal rock after Stormblood comes out, also.
all pvp should honestly just upscale to whatever the current cap is

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Verranicus posted:

They need to normalize the levels for all PVP queues.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Verranicus posted:

Good, the 50 frontlines suck.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Slaughter is okay...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EponymousMrYar posted:

Virus and Eye for an Eye. Then whatever. I have Surecast and Blizz 2 even though I've pretty much never used them because they're not Physick and Ruin, which are your only other options.

Note that virus from a non ACN does not put a magic damage down on the target and prevents an ACN from putting one on. So, look up which tank busters aren't physical or just don't use it if there's ACNs around.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Evil Fluffy posted:

Good, the 50 frontlines suck.

You're wrong. Shatter sucks.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
EDIT: Server issues, double post, etc.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I just did The Feast for the first time.

Is it supposed to be 16 people ineffectually slapping each other in the face with pool noodles? Because that's what it felt like. I would run face first into the entire enemy group and still not die because just one of our healers could outdo the entire damage output of the opposing team (and vice versa)
PVP might be fun if they banned healing spells altogether.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Klades posted:

Is it supposed to be 16 people ineffectually slapping each other in the face with pool noodles? Because that's what it felt like. I would run face first into the entire enemy group and still not die because just one of our healers could outdo the entire damage output of the opposing team (and vice versa)

The attackers have to coordinate on focusing one target down and/or disable a healer or it's really difficult to kill anyone. At least, that's what it feels like to me from playing 6 or 7 games with a Scholar

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Klades posted:

It can go a couple ways. Either you ineffectually slap each other for the duration, or one team is capable of bursting 1 target at a time while using their CCs, and sweeps by the halfway mark.

or 1 team gets no healer and loses by default

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

It's horrifying and I love it.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Decided to step into Alexander so I can gear up my alts and god A11 is still a shitshow for the last third. And I really hate the loot system.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
2 questions:

1) Is there any practical difference between the ilvl200 pickaxe you get from the I Mined That V achievement and the ilvl 200 pickaxe you get by upgrading using red scrips?
2) I'm finishing up my umbrite step soon. What stats do I want to stick on my weapon if I'm a monk?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

2 questions:

1) Is there any practical difference between the ilvl200 pickaxe you get from the I Mined That V achievement and the ilvl 200 pickaxe you get by upgrading using red scrips?
2) I'm finishing up my umbrite step soon. What stats do I want to stick on my weapon if I'm a monk?

No, the new achievement tools are exactly the same as the 200 scrip tools

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I've definitely been in feast games where it feels like no one's doing any damage, especially in 8v8. But those are usually games where there are either too many tanks/healers, or the DPS clearly don't know what they're doing. It's far less common in 4v4. I actually just did a few games of the feast unrated and it looks like they fixed the lock on the PvP skills now so you'd really think people would settle on better comps when they get in, but there are a lot of people who are helluva stubborn about what job they are going to play in PvP.

Also, I'd take any Frontline over Shatter. Even though I don't get my own LB bar in 50 secure, still better than Shatter.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

vOv posted:

Decided to step into Alexander so I can gear up my alts and god A11 is still a shitshow for the last third. And I really hate the loot system.
The only hard part to Cruise Chaser (well, normal anyway) is the propeller wind near the end. Except even this far after it's been out you still see people who get too wrapped up in the other stuff, forget it happens, and proceed to get confused and wipe the group.

And yeah the loot system for it is literally the worst. At least you're not longer limited to one per week and wind up screwed and behind par because you couldn't win a loving roll that week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Asimo posted:

The only hard part to Cruise Chaser (well, normal anyway) is the propeller wind near the end. Except even this far after it's been out you still see people who get too wrapped up in the other stuff, forget it happens, and proceed to get confused and wipe the group.

The hard part is when the floor is full of lasers, because dodging stuff while keeping people healed can be tricky.

• Locked thread