Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

I went to 5 Guys for lunch today, got a burger and some cayjun fries.

Got home, and found that they accidentally gave me two burgers! :woot:

And you ate every goddamned bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

meltie posted:

I kinda gave up tracking mine. I know it's still being paid out via PAYE but perhaps I should check on it. Hmm.

Only got one storm here - I just shut the doors and carried on. Unfortunately i'm only half

Check it and check it carefully! Mine would have been paid off a number of years ago except that when I first started working hmrc lost all my payments for 3-4 years (until I noticed) and then it took months to sort it out and they still didn't get it right.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Congratulations! I felt great clearing mine the other year.

So I've been ill on and off for about 6 weeks and it's made me shamefully weak. Changing the oil in the panda (all 2.8l of it) and investigating crappy handbrake in the wife's car has left me feeling like I've just done a couple of days hard labour. Crappy body, why did you forsake me? After I fed you whiskey too you bastard.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

My sister got a Panda recently too. I just 3D printed a new bracket to hold its clutch fluid reservoir which the PO had snapped off and left dangling. My dad bought the car cheap and I think a shite clutch was one of the reasons!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I remember having a tiny plastic clip from my old car's air filter snap off and fall into the engine compartment. I called Toyota about getting a replacement part and they said I'd need to pay $200 for the entire assembly.

Plan A was to scan in and print out a copy of the other clip.

However I could see the clip, so I bought a pack of chewing gum and grabbed a coat hangar. I felt like MacGuyver (the 80s one with the mullet) fishing that clip out successfully on the first try.

However if it was filmed I'd make sure the first attempt and second attept failed, and with gritted teeth and nervous sweat managed to snag it on the third attempt. With increasingly dramatic music.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Man, I probably would have just gone to the junkyard and scored it off another car. Recycling is cool!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
My music taste depends on the energy mode my car is in.

ECO: ELO, Mike Oldfield, Genesis
NORM: Scandroid, Hot Chip, the Presets
SPORT: This thing

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Man, I probably would have just gone to the junkyard and scored it off another car. Recycling is cool!

There were surpsingly few cars like that at local junkyards still too new probably however I could have snagged it from a similar Honda.

Or just used plenty of duct tape and wire.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Bajaha posted:

I am death. Caught some stomach bug from work and now I'm glued to the porcelain throne, pissing out of my rear end, and projectile vomiting all over the place with a splitting headache and feeling exhausted. Can't even drink water without having it come right back out. Slept maybe 2 hours last night. Of course I catch it right in time for the weekend...

And the smells, oh god the smells.

If you can't keep down water for a while you should go to the doctor / hospital so you don't get dehydrated.

fridge corn posted:

Had a meeting with a mortgage advisor today and viewed a property.

A place with a big garage? :q:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

meltie posted:

I kinda gave up tracking mine. I know it's still being paid out via PAYE but perhaps I should check on it. Hmm.

Definitely ring and check, I did and I rang on the month they took the last payment, the lady I spoke to said it's not unusual for the system to continue taking payments indefinitely and getting money back can sometimes be quite difficult. I ended up waiting 3 months to get about £40 refunded but I wasn't trying too hard.

Multipla needs new rear brake shoes, easy enough job so I'll get that lot ordered.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Definitely ring and check, I did and I rang on the month they took the last payment, the lady I spoke to said it's not unusual for the system to continue taking payments indefinitely and getting money back can sometimes be quite difficult. I ended up waiting 3 months to get about £40 refunded but I wasn't trying too hard.
Yes, it only gets reevaluated once a year as standard, and that's usually about the summer, once your tax records from the end of the financial year in April have burped through and they've worked everything out.

I basically allowed mine to roll on semi-deliberately when I reached the point of having paid it off, as it was simply easier than trying to dick about with it, and I knew I'd get the excess (it was about £160) back in the end.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Ugh, I fell in it and made a pretty strongly worded anti-trump comment in an e-mail involving my trump-supporting in laws. self control didn't last long.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

You're just telling it like it is, you're not bound by political correctness!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The US is so screwed

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
breckenridge owns and im so bad at snowboarding

the wife bombs down black diamonds and poo poo and im freaking over a steep blue

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

The US is so screwed

Yup. It's not even funny at this point.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Rhyno posted:

Yup. It's not even funny at this point.

Uh oh, what did the cheeto do now?

And as for my health, can finally keep down water so I think I'm past the worst of it and won't die of dehydration. Got a wicked fever so it's hopefully getting better soon.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Bajaha posted:

Uh oh, what did the cheeto do now?

And as for my health, can finally keep down water so I think I'm past the worst of it and won't die of dehydration. Got a wicked fever so it's hopefully getting better soon.

He banned all national entry to people from terrorist Middle Eastern nations (except the ones where he has golf courses lol), including legal immigrants with green cards and people with dual citizenship.

Heil der Cheeto-Führer.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Enourmo posted:

He banned all national entry to people from terrorist Middle Eastern nations (except the ones where he has golf courses lol), including legal immigrants with green cards and people with dual citizenship.

Heil der Cheeto-Führer.

How the gently caress is the bolded part in any way shape or form legal? I cant see how it would be constitutional

Edit : Isnt citizenship supposed to be an uncontested right of entry?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

How the gently caress is the bolded part in any way shape or form legal? I cant see how it would be constitutional

It's not, but it'll be next week at least for a court to smack it down, and meanwhile those people are stuck out of the country, ie not at their jobs, making money to pay their rent and bills, and separated from any US family.

11 people currently detained at JFK because they were in the air on the way here when the order was signed.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That would imply that the Cheeto in Chief has any idea how the constitution or government in general works.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...omepage%2Fstory

This is a pretty good summary of what's going on right now for anyone interested.

They even detained one man who was a former interpreter for the U.S. military in Iraq. They've since let him go.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Most things can be undone in the courts or in the next Congress, but the real concerns are his complete lack of anything other than self-aggrandizement as the default face he puts out. I actually fail to see how this will pan out for any American, let alone the world. The House races in two years will be an absolute loving hoot, though.

If we make it that far.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Darchangel posted:

I just spent an hour or so solving the riddle for the Jindosh Lock on the mansion in Dishonored 2. A logic puzzle involving 5 ladies with 5 Heirlooms, from 5 countries, wearing 5 colors, drinking 5 alcohols at 5 places at the table. The matrix to solve it was pretty good sized, and I'm out of practice with that type of puzzle, but I got it right, without resorting to help, in game or internet. There was an achievement for doing it without learning the answer elsewhere in game, it turns out. Go me! Just felt like I wanted to exercise my brain - it's been too long since I worked a puzzle like that. Felt good!
I'm enjoying Dishonored 2 but for some reason it isn't drawing me in as much as the original did on my first or even second play through. Just finished the clockwork soldier guys mansion level and still no kills, bodies found or being detected. Kind of tempted to start a full chaos run for a change of pace and see if I enjoy it more.

Adiabatic posted:

breckenridge owns and im so bad at snowboarding
Breckenridge and surrounding areas are amazing, I miss going out there to board every Christmas. Newbies first days on a board, how sore is your rear end and knees?

Enourmo posted:

It's sad after feeling proud to be an American with some of the things Obama passed we go back to this and knowing the rest of the world is looking down on us again. Back to telling people I'm Canadian when I travel internationally because everyone loves Canada.

Rearranged garage again so I can get back to working on the race car. Made a little progress on the new front control arm bushings then smashed the poo poo out of my hand so moved over to wiring for a bit. Need to spend most of the day tomorrow working on it now that I have time.

Drinking and Grand Tour begins shortly!

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 29, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

ExplodingSims posted:

That would imply that the Cheeto in Chief has any idea how the constitution or government in general works.

https://twitter.com/SamiraAhmedUK/status/825397579299045380

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

It's not, but it'll be next week at least for a court to smack it down, and meanwhile those people are stuck out of the country, ie not at their jobs, making money to pay their rent and bills, and separated from any US family.

11 people currently detained at JFK because they were in the air on the way here when the order was signed.

mariooncrack posted:

This is a pretty good summary of what's going on right now for anyone interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciByvddyHBs

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Enourmo posted:

Heil der Cheeto-Führer.

I'm the deafening silence from the pro-life conservatives who voted him into office.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Just got home from a nice night in the pub to find my kitchen exceedingly moist.

I now wonder if my microwave might have gone bang on Tuesday because the combi boiler that is on the wall above it had been dripping on it. While I was out tonight the drip obviously got much more serious.

Looks like tomorrow will start with a boiler stripping session. Its a good job I hadn't got round to fitting any new kitchen units yet. Hopefully water damage will aid the removal!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's only dual Not-US and Banned country statuses. USCs can still get in.
The green card thing is a real legal issue.

I am so loving ashamed to be an american right now.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Tomarse posted:

Just got home from a nice night in the pub to find my kitchen exceedingly moist.

I now wonder if my microwave might have gone bang on Tuesday because the combi boiler that is on the wall above it had been dripping on it. While I was out tonight the drip obviously got much more serious.

Looks like tomorrow will start with a boiler stripping session. Its a good job I hadn't got round to fitting any new kitchen units yet. Hopefully water damage will aid the removal!

Aha! A plumbing weekend for all of us.

Good luck.

(something something Corgi registration something)

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Maybe it's my being raised in an apocalyptic cult, but I'm strangely comfortable with the events of the last few days

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
The green card ban hit a bunch of my programmer friends who are not basically afraid to leave their homes for fear of being deported.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Can't wait for SAC to come back and tell us how all this is actually awesome and good. :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

Can't wait for SAC to come back and tell us how all this is actually awesome and good. :allears:

Maybe he got deported.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/28/federal-judge-stays-deportations-trump-muslim-executive-order?CMP=fb_gu
At least the people who were detained are getting let go... can't wait to see how this goes. I'm awaiting another "someone rid me of this damned priest" moments, like he did against the last judge who disagreed with him

I want someone to tell me how a 20% tariff makes Mexico pay for anything, or is even allowed under NAFTA

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Door Frame posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/28/federal-judge-stays-deportations-trump-muslim-executive-order?CMP=fb_gu
At least the people who were detained are getting let go... can't wait to see how this goes. I'm awaiting another "someone rid me of this damned priest" moments, like he did against the last judge who disagreed with him

The problem is the people who were denied flights and detained overseas, its a mess.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

NitroSpazzz posted:

Breckenridge and surrounding areas are amazing, I miss going out there to board every Christmas. Newbies first days on a board, how sore is your rear end and knees?

QUUUUUUAAAAAAADDDDDDDSSSS

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Oh Jesus Christ, I didn't hear that part of it, I thought they were just being turned away.

And here I thought that we couldn't get much less popular after Iraq, but here we go making all kinds of friends for literally no benefit. At least in Iraq there was the promise of oil and increased regional stability

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Emergency stay on part of King Trump's ban?

:munch:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Seminal Flu posted:

Emergency stay on part of King Trump's ban?

:munch:
It is a start, but only helps the few who have made it here.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sorry, double phone post.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 29, 2017

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So how long until he starts a full blown propaganda department?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

ExplodingSims posted:

So how long until he starts a full blown propaganda department?

Bannon --> Goebbles

• Locked thread