Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
there's nothing on earth that can be compared to the cry of the jewess. my bearded clamshell parts its lips and emits a hollow keening that pierces your deepest loins; instantly you are powerfully aroused and desperately aware of how small and insignificant your penis is in comparison to the vastness of the universe. the hairs rise on the back of your neck. involuntary tears well in your eyes. my breasts are beyond measure and i suffer from a total eclipse of the rear end. i am a masterpiece; i am a sculpture; i am literally the statue of liberty, my thighs straddling new york, and the flaming torch i hold aloft is my ghost lover's impassioned cock that gives me strength and light even in the depths of nuclear winter. (ariel had a bioluminescent cock, the knesset's best-kept secret)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
http://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-says-palestinians-can-have-a-state-minus/

quote:

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told cabinet ministers Sunday that he was prepared to give the Palestinians a “state minus.”

“What I’m willing to give the Palestinians,” the prime minister said in the weekly meeting, according to Hebrew reports, “is not exactly a state with full authority, rather a state minus. This is why the Palestinians do not agree.”

Netanyahu did not elaborate further. In the past, the prime minister has said that he would be in favor of a demilitarized Palestinian state if the Palestinians recognize Israel as a Jewish state.

Netanyahu was responding to Science Minister Ofir Akunis (Likud), who told the ministers that he opposes the prime minister’s position and rejects a two-state solution. The minister insisted that this is also the official stance of the Likud party, according to the Haaretz daily.

“If you would listen to the details of my position I’m sure that you would not oppose it,” the prime minister told Akunis.

Palestinian official Mustafa Barghouti slammed Netanyahu’s comments in an interview with the Palestine News Network.

He compared the plan to the Bantustans, homeland areas set aside by apartheid South Africa governments in order to concentrate members of designated ethnic groups into autonomous nation-states within the country.

Barghouti said Palestinians will not be satisfied with a state in name only. The Palestinians demand a country with full sovereignty and borders and not to be living under “an apartheid state that continues the occupation,” he said.

I don't think "state-minus" really flows off the tongue, though, at least not in English. I much prefer "one-and-a-half-state solution".

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/netanyahu/status/825371795972825089

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Avshalom posted:

there's nothing on earth that can be compared to the cry of the jewess. my bearded clamshell parts its lips and emits a hollow keening that pierces your deepest loins; instantly you are powerfully aroused and desperately aware of how small and insignificant your penis is in comparison to the vastness of the universe. the hairs rise on the back of your neck. involuntary tears well in your eyes. my breasts are beyond measure and i suffer from a total eclipse of the rear end. i am a masterpiece; i am a sculpture; i am literally the statue of liberty, my thighs straddling new york, and the flaming torch i hold aloft is my ghost lover's impassioned cock that gives me strength and light even in the depths of nuclear winter. (ariel had a bioluminescent cock, the knesset's best-kept secret)

:negative: The new moderation is truly monstrous.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Uncalled for

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Sorry Bibi, but it's supposed to be "BEAUTIFUL WALL" and "HUGE SUCCESS" - 2/10 please work on your twitter game.

Oh and someone get a tweet from Erich Honecker on that topic, the godfather of modern wall building.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Avshalom posted:

Free Avshalom

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

GaussianCopula posted:

Sorry Bibi, but it's supposed to be "BEAUTIFUL WALL" and "HUGE SUCCESS" - 2/10 please work on your twitter game.

Oh and someone get a tweet from Erich Honecker on that topic, the godfather of modern wall building.

I think he confused Trump with Borat, an easy mistake to make.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:negative: The new moderation is truly monstrous.

there exists a person who sees the phrase "i suffer from a total eclipse of the rear end" and decides it merits punishment

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
personally i was quite wounded by her getting me to think about my penis size relative to the size of the universe.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Avshalom posted:

Is that book of avshalom website still around?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Volkerball posted:

personally i was quite wounded by her getting me to think about my penis size relative to the size of the universe.

Same, that part of the post made actually laugh out-loud. I agree with probation when he/she makes long chains of posts, but there haven't been too many lately.

Regarding the Bibi/Trump stuff, I think there's more going on there than just a political partnership. I'm imagining them sitting at home fantasizing about how wonderful it would be if they could make their feelings for one another explicitly known to the world.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Seems like the mexican government didn't think Bibi's boratesque quote was very funny - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-mexico-israel-idUSKBN15D003

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Avshalom posted:

Hot

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

https://twitter.com/McLeemz/status/826105959458209792

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

That's the first thing I thought about when I thought of Israel in relation to this ban. Israelis from those countries already had a hard time getting visas.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
That tweet has also created somewhat of a diplomatic spat in Mexico too. The ambassador is doing his apology tour today.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Freezer posted:

That tweet has also created somewhat of a diplomatic spat in Mexico too. The ambassador is doing his apology tour today.

Bibi's social media guru then went on to accuse the leftist media of instigating this disaster. Which was a direct response by the Mexican government to his stupid tweet.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

People who pay attention to non-internet based Israeli media - what's the general reaction to Trump's Holocaust announcement?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I don't know about offline media, but the condemnation has been nearly universal, with even Trump allies like ZOA and the RJC criticizing it. The sole exception I've seen is from the Israeli government - Avigdor Liberman stated that it was probably just a "mishap or misunderstanding" and that Israel isn't "looking for a fight" with the "friendly" Trump administration, and Netanyahu has pointedly avoided commenting on it.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
The illegal Amona outpost has been finally been evacuated. The deal that the government had reached with the settlers - peaceful evacuation in exchange for half of them being put up in the adjacent plot of land - fell through after the High Court found that the adjacent land was also privately-owned, and somewhere between 10 and 20 police officers were injured by thrown objects as they evacuated the 42 families of Amona and the numerous settler activists who had come to resist the evacuation.

At the same time that Amona was being evacuated, however, the government announced the approval of 3,000 new housing units in the West Bank, as well as an entirely new officially-sanctioned settlement in the West Bank - the first in over a quarter-century - that the Amona families would be relocated to. This comes in addition to the 2,500 new West Bank homes and 566 East Jerusalem homes that were approved last week.

Meanwhile, even worse is on the horizon. The Settlement Regulation bill, which would retroactively legalize illegal outposts built on privately-owned Palestinian land, is scheduled to come up for a vote next week. Moreover, the right is pushing harder and harder for annexation of the settlements. And, of course, there's the question of the embassy move to Jerusalem. Things are probably going to heat up in a big way.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Xander77 posted:

People who pay attention to non-internet based Israeli media - what's the general reaction to Trump's Holocaust announcement?

Funny story relating to that. On the day of the national holocaust memorial, the Likud party held a celebratory event called "The Likudiada" (roughly translates to "Likud Fest") at a resort. When the problematic date for the event started raising some eyebrows, the minister of culture (and star of the event's promotional video) Miri Regev said that she's proud of the organizers because thanks to them the national holocaust memorial day is getting more news cover than it ever did. These people are beyond anything nearing the concept of shame. Nothing matters.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Main Paineframe posted:

The illegal Amona outpost has been finally been evacuated. The deal that the government had reached with the settlers - peaceful evacuation in exchange for half of them being put up in the adjacent plot of land - fell through after the High Court found that the adjacent land was also privately-owned, and somewhere between 10 and 20 police officers were injured by thrown objects as they evacuated the 42 families of Amona and the numerous settler activists who had come to resist the evacuation.

At the same time that Amona was being evacuated, however, the government announced the approval of 3,000 new housing units in the West Bank, as well as an entirely new officially-sanctioned settlement in the West Bank - the first in over a quarter-century - that the Amona families would be relocated to. This comes in addition to the 2,500 new West Bank homes and 566 East Jerusalem homes that were approved last week.

Meanwhile, even worse is on the horizon. The Settlement Regulation bill, which would retroactively legalize illegal outposts built on privately-owned Palestinian land, is scheduled to come up for a vote next week. Moreover, the right is pushing harder and harder for annexation of the settlements. And, of course, there's the question of the embassy move to Jerusalem. Things are probably going to heat up in a big way.

There are multiple camps, ranging from annex all of Area C, to annex Maale Adumim. I don't think people are suggesting annexing areas like Amona.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
http://live.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Trump-warns-Israel-Stop-announcing-new-settlements-480446

quote:

Washington warned Israel on Thursday – in a surprising statement – to cease settlement announcements that are “unilateral” and “undermining” of President Donald Trump’s effort to forge Middle East peace, a senior administration official told The Jerusalem Post
Man, if he yelled at Australia's PM over a few refugees, imagine his eventual reaction to Bibi's sudden but inevitable betrayal.

Donald Trump: Right once or twice a week.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
I think Trump is a disgrace and a danger to all, but drat if I don't get some shadenfraude at Bibi getting burned hard for betting on him.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Well, the bill to formally legalise the stealing of more Palestinian land passed.

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Watch this getting zero attention from Trump.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This bill is in conflict with the Israeli Base Law (Israel doesn't have a constitution and base laws are as close as it gets), it will be struck down by the supreme court, it is actually just an elaborate and expensive show of propaganda from the coalition, even Bibi said in the past it is an illegal bill that will only cause international controversy (I guess this kind of less concerns him now that he's on the hotspot).

Honestly Trump has nothing to gain by saying anything about this at the moment, it is also in line with his recommendation not to build new settlements or expand existing ones as the law merely retroactively 'legalizes' existing outposts built on private palestinian land.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

This bill is in conflict with the Israeli Base Law (Israel doesn't have a constitution and base laws are as close as it gets), it will be struck down by the supreme court, it is actually just an elaborate and expensive show of propaganda from the coalition, even Bibi said in the past it is an illegal bill that will only cause international controversy (I guess this kind of less concerns him now that he's on the hotspot).

Honestly Trump has nothing to gain by saying anything about this at the moment, it is also in line with his recommendation not to build new settlements or expand existing ones as the law merely retroactively 'legalizes' existing outposts built on private palestinian land.

Trump is Trump and will react to anything put before him. If that means a rambling tweet or hasty action is up for debate.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Israeli warplanes are back to bombing Gaza again, anyone know what that is about?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

FlamingLiberal posted:

Israeli warplanes are back to bombing Gaza again, anyone know what that is about?

Bombs have an expiration date, after which they're not valid anymore and needs to be scrapped, which is expensive because it's a dangerous and complex task. It's simpler and cheaper -- and so much more rewarding! -- to drop them on some Palestinians just before that date.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

God knows we give them all the bombs they can ever use

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

They were all in response to a single rocket attack, which landed in an unpopulated area and is not thought to have been launched by Hamas. Why the sudden escalation in response? The government has decided they're overdue for another Gaza war and are ramping up tensions on the border. There was a major IDF military exercise on the Gaza border just last weekend, and government ministers have been openly implying that a war is coming soon.

Why the sudden push for war? It's not entirely clear, but I suspect Bibi probably wants a distraction right about now. The state comptroller will be releasing a report on the government's handling of the 2014 war, and it's widely expected to be scathing, with leaks showing considerable criticism for various government figures. And although the right has taken for granted that Trump will support them unconditionally, there's indications that the White House isn't necessarily happy with them charging full steam ahead on the more radical parts of their agenda without consulting the US first. A new Gaza war would draw attention away from domestic agendas and scandals for a while, and could help to bolster Israel's relationship with Trump.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Honestly, I'm not sure if Gaza can handle another war so soon after the last one (at least in the sense that they haven't even repaired a lot (most?) of the damage from it yet).

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ytlaya posted:

Honestly, I'm not sure if Gaza can handle another war so soon after the last one (at least in the sense that they haven't even repaired a lot (most?) of the damage from it yet).

This one is actually running behind schedule. Usually it's once every two years. Been a little bit more of a breather for Gaza.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ytlaya posted:

Well it's not like last time they had repaired the damage from the bombing before the last bombing that happened so :shrug:

But hey, kind of hard to repair anything or build anything when you are a walled in ghetto sieged by bunch of apartheid colonialists interested in all the lebensraum they can get but, hey it's not like that is a new lesson.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
There's no indication even the likes of Naftali Bennett have any territorial designs on Gaza.

The severity of response is one thing, but in all of the Gaza wars, Israel was provoked. In 2014, after the Israeli teens were abducted (by a rogue Hamas cell that is largely agreed was not acting on orders from leadership, who were eager to prevent a hot war), Israel responded by cracking down on Hamas in the West Bank. The war didn't start until the back and forth rogue rocket attacks and Israeli strikes led to a Hamas rocket attack from Gaza. That's when the actual war started., and it escalated when Hamas proved unable to control rogue factions. The idea that the war was completely unprovoked or motivated by the desire to settle Gaza is laughable. Hamas repeatedly rejected a ceasefire in the early stages because they wanted everyone rounded up in the West Bank to be released.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Kim Jong Il posted:

The severity of response is one thing, but in all of the Gaza wars, Israel was provoked.

just like how someone's wife provokes them by burning the pot roast or mouthing off

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Volkerball posted:

This one is actually running behind schedule. Usually it's once every two years. Been a little bit more of a breather for Gaza.

I was under the impression the last attack caused even more infrastructure damage than usual, though, and due to a lack of construction materials allowed into the area they couldn't repair much.

Kim Jong Il posted:

The severity of response is one thing, but in all of the Gaza wars, Israel was provoked. In 2014, after the Israeli teens were abducted (by a rogue Hamas cell that is largely agreed was not acting on orders from leadership, who were eager to prevent a hot war), Israel responded by cracking down on Hamas in the West Bank. The war didn't start until the back and forth rogue rocket attacks and Israeli strikes led to a Hamas rocket attack from Gaza. That's when the actual war started., and it escalated when Hamas proved unable to control rogue factions. The idea that the war was completely unprovoked or motivated by the desire to settle Gaza is laughable. Hamas repeatedly rejected a ceasefire in the early stages because they wanted everyone rounded up in the West Bank to be released.

lol, using this logic Israel is constantly provoking Palestinians non-stop. You act like Israel somehow has no control over its own actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kim Jong Il posted:

There's no indication even the likes of Naftali Bennett have any territorial designs on Gaza.

A) Making the argument that Israel was provoked when it existed far before HAMAS is ludicrous, the entire organization would not exist without Israeli provocations regarding it's apartheid and colonialist policy. One may disagree with the methods of a lovely terrorist organization without believing it sprung from an evil hole fully formed. All this "who started this poo poo" just takes you all the way to the ancient times and is an useless exercise in futility.

EDIT: Perhaps you also might wish to explain why there is "Palestinians" when it comes to them attacking Israel but "West Bank" and "Gaza" when it comes to Israel attacking them, because either Hamas is an obstacle to peace or an separate organization that shouldn't have anything to do with Israel's refusal to stop colonizing West Bank?

B) Israel has plenty of ongoing territorial designs on Gaza, from the buffer zone that contains about a third of its arable land to exploiting it's sea-based resources, the fact that you are seemingly unaware of this does not change this.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 8, 2017