Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Is it explained later why Ethan can REATTACH HIS LEG?

that was extra strength healing goop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
When a man and a woman love each other very, very much and the woman has a virus curse on her they will sometimes want to try and kill each other with weapons, but doing so without protection can lead to the man catching the curse virus.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Matt posted:

I assume it's some form of curse.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hoobajoo posted:

I assume it's some form of virus.

Hmm maybe a form of curse.

Edit: gently caress;beaten. A cursed fate indeed.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 29, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
some minor re7 spoilers if you care: its actually not explained at all, it's just goofy resident evil nonsense

it can be assumed that ethan does have a virus within him but its never explicitly mentioned, no

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The healing poo poo says that it promotes cellular regeneration in the description. That's the explanation.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

RareAcumen posted:

I hear that the Astro Boy LP was pretty rough because of either a shroud of illiteracy or something hosed up and all the tutorials were in wingdings.

They went in blind not knowing there was a true ending that'd require them to replay stages in search of hidden characters, basically.

It's also a game that's renowned for having tons of Tezuka fanservice but they didn't know or care enough about Tezuka to pick up on most of it and they mashed through all the dialogue and wrote it off as poorly written without reading it, which obviously rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

HGH posted:

I feel like Catacombs get an insanely bad rep because of the starting area skeletons. Everything about them and Pinwheel feels like it's meant to be a pre-Sen's Fortress area but I've never seen anyone take them on that early.

I've done Catacombs as my first area.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Catacombs before Sen Fortress makes Anor Londo feel a lot less tense. 20 estus gives you a definite advantage.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Woo, finished DS1. Anything I should know going into DS2? (noob-trap sort of things)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
DS2 is the only game in the series in which falling will kill you from drops that tickle you in other games

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Woo, finished DS1. Anything I should know going into DS2? (noob-trap sort of things)

blunt damage is king for pve, but pvp is probably the most varied and balanced of any soul's game.

the bone fist turns you into bruce lee.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
BoI part 2 is just Pat terrorizing Woolie through the power of information overload. And it's great.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Roobanguy posted:

blunt damage is king for pve, but pvp is probably the most varied and balanced of any soul's game.

the bone fist turns you into bruce lee.

Blunt damage is named Strike damage in DS2.

Also yeah, Bone Fist is the best fist.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Wait so which videos is Billy showing up in? I haven't been keeping up with recent videos

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Billy's their editor

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

As others have said, fall damage way increased. Heavily armored enemies take less damage from slashing and thrusting weapons, so always at least have a mace handy. Miracles are bad, but otherwise magic is decently good. Adaptability is a weird but important stat; it improves your dodge's i-frames and decreases the time to drink estus and raise your shield, among other things. Treat it like VIT or END, where every character wants to put points in it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

wow I just want more issac videos

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Rodyle posted:

wow I just want more issac videos

Yeah, that was really amazing! It's hitting this great balance of having some knowledge of the game and being informative, but that knowledge not dulling the excitement of the ups and downs of the runs at all.

I would totally watch Pat coaching Woolie through that game regularly.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I got so excited when Pat got the number of floors wrong and stuck on it, the payoff is so beautiful

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Genocyber posted:

The healing poo poo says that it promotes cellular regeneration in the description. That's the explanation.

Why do the cursed mutant hillbillies have first aid liquid capable of cellular regeneration? Is the medicine also cursed?

Also, was it mentioned anywhere what Ethan does for a living? Because for a guy who's had his hand chopped off (and reattached) and his foot chopped off (and also reattached) in the span of a few hours, he's holding up remarkably well.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

Why do the cursed mutant hillbillies have first aid liquid capable of cellular regeneration? Is the medicine also cursed?

Also, was it mentioned anywhere what Ethan does for a living? Because for a guy who's had his hand chopped off (and reattached) and his foot chopped off (and also reattached) in the span of a few hours, he's holding up remarkably well.

This is in continuity with the past games.

Quite frankly this is the least weird thing that's happened in this universe. He's just glad he doesn't have an eyeball growing out of his shoulder.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Oxyclean posted:

If you wanted to go a straight strength build and use interesting weapons then you're gunna have a bad time. Otherwise enjoy what equates to a great cover album equivalent of a video game.

E: That's not to say that there arent interesting str weapons in DaS2 but I seem to recall that a lot of them, especially in the DLC, had some sort of secondary faith/int requirement.
E2: Don't worry too much about your stat allocation since respecs are easy.

DPM fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 29, 2017

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Burkion posted:

This is in continuity with the past games.

Quite frankly this is the least weird thing that's happened in this universe. He's just glad he doesn't have an eyeball growing out of his shoulder.

I loved how Matt and Pat are (somewhat rightfully) certain that the loss of a limb is going to be permanent but the game almost immediately goes "lol nope" and they can barely contain their disbelief. This game might be a lot darker than other entries but it's still Resident Evil and medical items are still magical bullshit.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

DumbparameciuM posted:

If you wanted to go a straight strength build and use interesting weapons then you're gunna have a bad time. Otherwise enjoy what equates to a great cover album equivalent of a video game.

E: That's not to say that there arent interesting str weapons in DaS2 but I seem to recall that a lot of them, especially in the DLC, had some sort of secondary faith/int requirement.
E2: Don't worry too much about your stat allocation since respecs are easy.

There are plenty of great pure strength weapons in DS2. It even does a cool thing where there are some non-traditional strength weapons with scaling that favors strength, like the Estoc.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Rhonne posted:

Also, was it mentioned anywhere what Ethan does for a living?

Ethan is an architect and he saves his sons on the side, he's got a pretty lovely success rate at that though.

JASON!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Genocyber posted:

There are plenty of great pure strength weapons in DS2. It even does a cool thing where there are some non-traditional strength weapons with scaling that favors strength, like the Estoc.

Red Steel Twinblade was a STR based weapon with a great moveset. I think that thing carried me through the endgame and the DLC.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Genocyber posted:

Yeah I hadn't watched the videos prior to my comment and found that out because I never read the examine text for the first aid stuff

Still qualifies as goofy resident evil poo poo tho :colbert:

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Strong First Aid Med posted:

Strong recovery medicine.
Completely restores health.

Just doing what it says on the bottle, guys. It's so strong

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Woolie starting a new run in Isaac and IMMEDIATELY walking down into a miniboss room rather than the treasure room and dying within three seconds to sloth was perfect. Utterly perfect :allears:

Especially pat absolutely losing his mind about it

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Genocyber posted:

My memories of DaS2 are somewhat tainted because the Halberd sucked. I respecced from Quality to strength, two handed the UGS and used it for the rest of the game like a huge baby.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I love these guys playing BoI. It's like watching someone play Souls for the first time except I just laugh because hahahaha you got brownie as a boss RIP.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I've been playing RE7 along with watching Matt and Patt and other people playing as well. And the AI on the enemies seems to have a wide range of options when chasing you. In my game, while I was running around from Jack in the dining area, he broke through the wall and caught me while I was in the corridor, that didn't happened in their game. Likewise, I didn't know that Jack can cut your feet and then taunt you with your own severed foot since that didn't happened in my game. Also, in the attic Mia fight, one lp'er immediately run and hide in the gun room once Mia bust through the roof and Mia broke the wall behind them. It's pretty neat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

standard owl posted:

Just doing what it says on the bottle, guys. It's so strong

He should drink so that next time he loses a limb it just crawls back to the stump and automatically re-attaches itself.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
If you haven't seen them already, definitely go watch all of Pat's Binding of Isaac streams. It's super satisfying to watch him flail his tiny limbs in indignation as he gradually comes to grips with all the little intricacies and random bullshit items.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The isaac video is pretty good, pat got so into the game since the last vid

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Justice Sloth posted:

If you haven't seen them already, definitely go watch all of Pat's Binding of Isaac streams. It's super satisfying to watch him flail his tiny limbs in indignation as he gradually comes to grips with all the little intricacies and random bullshit items.

I made a meme about them, it's powerful stuff.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man Afterbirth+ is absolutely hosed. Pretty sure it's just throwing bosses, enemies and items that needed to be unlocked in the first place on a fresh save.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

Man Afterbirth+ is absolutely hosed. Pretty sure it's just throwing bosses, enemies and items that needed to be unlocked in the first place on a fresh save.

I think Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ kinda hosed the original progression, stuff like Big Horn and Rag Man and rooms with a bunch of champion monsters when you haven't even made it to Everthing's Terrible is pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
So we've found out today that not only is Pat and Woolie blind, they're also deaf, cause god drat it that wolf howl is not hard to miss :v: