Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The Time Dissolver posted:

What's the tune Crow and Tom sing during Monster a Go Go? "Hum, didee-dee... Hooah-hooah"

I'm curious about this too, as I've heard it in other episodes.

PAGE SIGN EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBeKaR-IOrA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lothar
Feb 2, 2004

ARRGH YOU'RE THE ONE THAT IS DOOMED TO SINK
This is something interesting.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lothar posted:

Well, I think we all know what Rowsdower would do. (After a few beers that is)

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Lothar posted:

GIVE US YOUR HOCKEY HAIR

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Garth Vader.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
MY OILY RAGS!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I1n9Q3huw8

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Kickstarter backers, check your email.

Diabolik900 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 27, 2017

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Final Sacrifice somewhat spoiled what should have been a poignant cut-scene in FFXIV: Heavansward when an NPC reacted after being shot at from behind and all I could think in my head was "YOU SHOT ME IN THE BUTT! WHAT THE HELL?"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
e: I guess I'm editing this out. Still, :negative:

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 27, 2017

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Diabolik900 posted:

Kickstarter backers, check your email. [redacted]

So much for Joel's "but please don't post this publicly on the internet"...

Powered Descent fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 27, 2017

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

So much for Joel's "but please don't post this publicly on the internet"...

I intentionally didn't include the links, but now I legit feel bad for mentioning it at all. My only excuse is that in my excitement, I actually missed the part where he said that. Going to edit my original post.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Awww come on mannnnnn

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, relax. It's fine.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

tarlibone posted:

One of these eons, I'll accidentally run across the episode of MST3K that I haven't seen, but one I saw the previews for.

This was back on the Comedy Central (or maybe the Comedy Channel) days. There was an advertisement for the show. Not for a specific episode, but just the show in general. The character on the screen, who I remember being a creepy old dude, told the person(s) he was with that in order to do what he was doing (hypnotism, mind control, something like that), he needed total silence so he could concentrate. Immediately, Joel and the robots began to loudly murmur.

I have no idea what that's from, and probably never will. But one day....

The problem is every other movie has creepy old hypnotists. Try Devil Doll, She Creature, The Undead.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

The problem is every other movie has creepy old hypnotists. Try Devil Doll, She Creature, The Undead.

Or Operation Double 007, or I Was A Teenage Werewolf.

Jeez, hypnosis was like the go-to plot device for everything for a couple decades.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
So this week we lost:
  • Mary Tyler Moore (see that sketch where Crow dressed up as her)
  • Mike "Touch" Connors of Swamp Diamonds and much more
  • Barbara Hale of Giant Spider Invasion and Perry Mason (and many other projects)
And now John Hurt. :(

Please roll over your partner down a hillside today in honor of those who rolled into the pasture over there.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Barbara Hale was still alive? Crazy.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
In other news, Joe Warren, the son of Hal Warren (the director of Manos), is trying to trademark the name "Manos: The Hands of Fate" which would make it much harder for fan-works based on it to be legal (currently Manos is fully in the public domain so they don't really need to do anything to achieve that). Ben Solovey (who did the Manos HD restoration and is currently working on a 4K restoration of The Atomic Brain) is raising funds to pay a lawyer to contest the trademark application.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Radar posted:

In other news, Joe Warren, the son of Hal Warren (the director of Manos), is trying to trademark the name "Manos: The Hands of Fate" which would make it much harder for fan-works based on it to be legal (currently Manos is fully in the public domain so they don't really need to do anything to achieve that). Ben Solovey (who did the Manos HD restoration and is currently working on a 4K restoration of The Atomic Brain) is raising funds to pay a lawyer to contest the trademark application.

Oh no, that monster. Whatever will we do without Manos-based fan-works?

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Some of those side projects were the only money that any surviving cast members ever made from Manos.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

I'm glad children of bridge designers can't posthumously erect toll booths 30 years later.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He seems like he's about as big of a piece of garbage as his old man.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jack Gladney posted:

He seems like he's about as big of a piece of garbage as his old man.

Go read BenSolo's thread in CineD about getting Manos restored. Warren caused huge hassles for him along the way.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Holy poo poo, Joel just sent out an update politely scolding people for sharing the links.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DivisionPost posted:

Holy poo poo, Joel just sent out an update politely scolding people for sharing the links.

Weird I haven't gotten a backer updater email yet.

Edit: nvm just did

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 29, 2017

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
He's not mad, just very disappointed.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

TerminalSaint posted:

He's not mad, just very disappointed.

That just makes it worse. :(

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I can even hear it in his exasperated with the bots voice

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
"Get my belt..."

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I understand the disappointment, but threatening to withhold future things like that is kind of petty. The updates go out to ~50,000 people. There's no reason to pack up your ball and go home because of one or two careless backers. He came off really condescending and lovely.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I understand the disappointment, but threatening to withhold future things like that is kind of petty. The updates go out to ~50,000 people. There's no reason to pack up your ball and go home because of one or two careless backers. He came off really condescending and lovely.

Yeah, I'm not a backer (I'm broke) but I feel like if you put something out on the internet, it's going to get leaked and you can't complain too much about that. Especially at this point in the project. It's not like there really is any damage done. You can come out and tsk a bit but you can't really go beyond that.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

I can even hear it in his exasperated with the bots voice

At this point, I can only assume that all of the redacted text in this thread simply had a picture of a flashlight and said "The NBC Mystery Movie."

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

What the hell was leaked?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Timby posted:

The eventbrite links in the middle of project update #44 to the extra red carpet screening tickets that Joel wanted to be available for backers and their friends/family only.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Timby posted:

They ended up with extras of a certain kickstarter reward. Joel sent out the purchase links in a kickstarter update, but said it was "just for backers" and requested that we "keep this to friends and family for now".

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

everyone on the internet is friends, doesn't he know that?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It wasn't even a physical reward. It was an invite to a paid event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
That's a pretty substantial reward, though. It makes sense to me that he wanted to give it as a bonus just to those who paid to make the new season happen. He didn't want it to get flooded across the internet and all the tickets bought instantly so that people who actually backed the project might miss the chance. He doesn't really owe updates to people at all, and he's been trying to make the fact that so many people gave all that money actually special. If it all goes out to everyone whether they paid or not, especially something as exclusive as those screenings, why should he bother?