Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

My last 50 mythril. I think I have a mage team now! Holy moly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Are the mote dungeons coming back or are multiplayer dungeons the only source of 4*s now?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

KPC_Mammon posted:

Are the mote dungeons coming back or are multiplayer dungeons the only source of 4*s now?

They will come back but there will never be any new ones, so if you've already mined out the existing ones multiplayer is the only source now.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Zonko_T.M. posted:

My last 50 mythril. I think I have a mage team now! Holy moly.

Pretty tempted to make a pull on that before it goes away. There's some hits on it, and I don't really have mage gear. But I also don't really have spells, and the whiffs seem like odd types that wouldn't be very useful even for stat sticks. Just not sure.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

way to go steve posted:

Pretty tempted to make a pull on that before it goes away. There's some hits on it, and I don't really have mage gear. But I also don't really have spells, and the whiffs seem like odd types that wouldn't be very useful even for stat sticks. Just not sure.

It's a good banner. If it's not full of dupes for you, and if you'd consider a Medica to be a hit, it's a grand slam pull now don't think twice banner. If a Medica is redundant enough to probably not be a hit for you, it's still a very good banner.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
Well I gave it a shot. Seymours robe and garnets dress, not too exciting. No real medica or mage wep. Dark boost from the robe might be nice, but I don't think garnets magic buff stacks with raines bsb.

I'll get enough for another pull before 4, then who knows. Getting used to the idea of using the same team for a while.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Decided to give the FFT banner a shot with my first 50 because I figured it might help me push further in the current event where I'm using a party of mostly FFT characters. Also if Cid is the best I'm not averse to gambling a bit!

Sadly, I wound up getting just 3 5* items, an Excaliber for Agrias and the Healing Staff and Luminous Robes for Ovelia. It didn't take too long to get the mithril, so I'll see if I can come up with more for Keeper's Choice 3 or Nightmare if I spend too much time playing while I'm sick in bed.

$30 for the Rare Pull x11 is kind of crazy, but its probably a good thing its so high I'll never feel tempted.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Decided to give the FFT banner a shot with my first 50 because I figured it might help me push further in the current event where I'm using a party of mostly FFT characters. Also if Cid is the best I'm not averse to gambling a bit!

Sadly, I wound up getting just 3 5* items, an Excaliber for Agrias and the Healing Staff and Luminous Robes for Ovelia. It didn't take too long to get the mithril, so I'll see if I can come up with more for Keeper's Choice 3 or Nightmare if I spend too much time playing while I'm sick in bed.

$30 for the Rare Pull x11 is kind of crazy, but its probably a good thing its so high I'll never feel tempted.

Buddy, that's a great pull. A burst for agrias, and a medica with magic blink. Ovelia is now your healer, and agrias can dump out damage with the added benefit of attracting all the physical and black magic attacks to her, while boosting her defense and resistance.

Inge fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 29, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Inge posted:

Buddy, that's a great pull. A burst for agrias, and a medica with magic blink. Ovelia is now your healer, and agrias can dump out damage

Thats great! I just thought from the discussion earlier that getting multiple Ovelia items was a "whiff". I'll see if I can push through more of the Part 2 missions now. Is it a good idea to just use Growth Eggs to get them up to 50 so I can use these memory crystals immediately on them?

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Thats great! I just thought from the discussion earlier that getting multiple Ovelia items was a "whiff". I'll see if I can push through more of the Part 2 missions now. Is it a good idea to just use Growth Eggs to get them up to 50 so I can use these memory crystals immediately on them?

The luminous robe is a bit rubbish, but the healing staff is solid. It'll serve really well as a white mage stick for other realms too.

Absolutely egg them up and level break them as soon as you can. Also the Sunday daily dungeon is the experience dungeon, so you should run your team through that a few times to get the mythril and the eggs and the experience. It'll also allow your characters to 'master' the soul breaks more quickly, so you don't need to have the weapon equipped to use them.

The highest difficulty is probably a bit much, but you should be able to do the 30 stamina stage, maybe the 45. The higher the difficulty, the more efficient the reward for stamina ratio.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

It's might be a "wiff" for longer term players because most of them already have a medica/damage dealer stuff, and were looking for the new relics. A lot of what other people will discuss as weak pulls are still things an earlier player is going to want, that represent a large power boost.

It's just that in any given category there are a few real stand out relics that people hunt, and then a lot of other relics that are more or less equal. Once you have a few of the moderate tier ones, getting more feels like a wiff compared to the top tier.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Cinnamon Bear posted:

The SB on the robe is kinda awkward to use, but the staff is pretty good. They're sort of considered "rubbish" pulls for established players who probably have a handful of medicas, but for a new player it's great. Burst soul breaks are especially good for new players since they allow you to consistently put out very good damage without needing a bunch of honed abilities.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

So I ended up getting Orlandeau's OSB off of this banner, and I'm wondering if it might be better for me to set that as my RW over Sentinel's Grimoire. I know Walls are generally really handy to have as options, but I kind of wonder if having possible access to TG Mode might beat that out right now.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Ovelias hat and robe are pretty meh, especially without the staff. Sounds like a good pull. And I'd say if you're using the characters, go ahead and use eggs. Levelling is really slow otherwise, and the sooner you get a workable team going, the sooner you can get more.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Also, the game just throws eggs at you for doing the low to mid tiers of events, so the sooner you can start clearing at least to the ultimates, the more eggs you'll get.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hell, 2 out of my 4 relics on the summoner banner were medicas that I didn't particularly need, and I was still happy with it. Doesn't hurt that the medicas were BSBs, of course.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I kind of like this game more than exvius but I wish it had elements of FF:Mobius too...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

For long-time players who have up to a hundred relics or more, yes, Ovelia lacks a lot of things to bring to the table; she's a White Mage with absolutely no other trappings, so she's kind of pigeonholed in what she can do.

For a new player, you have a Curaga-tier AoE heal with mblink, which is absolutely one of the major pieces in clearing harder content. It's great, especially if it's your first one. And yeah, getting someone their first MC used is important since it unlocks the Record Materia slot, which you can use for various effects like "start battle with haste" or "gain SB gauge faster", or - and this last one's important for clearing Realm dungeon content - "refresh an ability use every stage".

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I kind of like this game more than exvius but I wish it had elements of FF:Mobius too...

Exvius's gacha is violently unfriendly to new players and F2Pers alike and its high-end gameplay is heavily weighted towards getting The Good Pulls, whereas this game is entirely possible to tackle even the hardest content with the amount of Mythril the game gives you, as long as you're patient and work on honing up skills. The three things I can say Exvius has over FFRK are that it's a lot prettier (high-def sprites instead of FF6 pastiches, music that's actually new arranges instead of original tracks 99% of the time, etc), it actually has an overarching plot (not actually all that necessary in gacha games, tbh, but still), and it's turnbased.

I assume Mobius is, too, but I've never played it. That's really the biggest issue with FFRK - sometimes the use of ATB styled systems make things feel really... clunky and odd, especially when you introduce netplay into it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I find it much easier to get into, I've done two 11x? mythril pulls and I haven't paid anything.

I have no idea if I'm doing it right though...I got Cid and Vanille and Cloud and the main character and uh.....the double jump guy.

Everyone except MC and vanille are now lvl 50 with weapons that are maxed out and matched with their character for at least two of them.

IDK how to get Cloud's weapon...and I wish it was easier to unlock the cool characters....

I pretty much steam roll everything so far on autobattle though...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Alard posted:

So I ended up getting Orlandeau's OSB off of this banner, and I'm wondering if it might be better for me to set that as my RW over Sentinel's Grimoire. I know Walls are generally really handy to have as options, but I kind of wonder if having possible access to TG Mode might beat that out right now.

I've been in this position before and I'd advise you to leave it as SG. The only reason to put up an OSB as your RW is to show off.

Wall is almost always useful and OSBs are cool and good but not always necessary to beat hard fights.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

For the record, I called multiple Ovelia relics a whiff, because they all overlap in function. Getting that medica with magic blink just means that the other two turn somewhat worse.

But you ended up getting the best one of the three, plus what is probably the second best offensive item on the banner. So definitely a good result.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
With Cids Burst, they do Holy and Dark, with regards to absorb and immunity (in both events right now, One boss absorbs holy and the other is immune) How would his attacks work with this?

I'm trying to finish up FFX event and gonna have to rework my team here and in the FFT event.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Johnny Aztec posted:

With Cids Burst, they do Holy and Dark, with regards to absorb and immunity (in both events right now, One boss absorbs holy and the other is immune) How would his attacks work with this?

I'm trying to finish up FFX event and gonna have to rework my team here and in the FFT event.

It uses the stronger element. So if they absorb/are immune to Holy, it'll just use the Dark portion of the attack.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I find it much easier to get into, I've done two 11x? mythril pulls and I haven't paid anything.

I have no idea if I'm doing it right though...I got Cid and Vanille and Cloud and the main character and uh.....the double jump guy.

Everyone except MC and vanille are now lvl 50 with weapons that are maxed out and matched with their character for at least two of them.

IDK how to get Cloud's weapon...and I wish it was easier to unlock the cool characters....

I pretty much steam roll everything so far on autobattle though...
if you keep leveling up and doing as much of the events as you can you ought to get some "Soul of a Hero" items before long. With those you can unlock any character in the shop.

You'll have a decent shot at a Cloud sword in maybe two months or so, during the next FF7 event. Maybe sooner, depending on Lucky Draws and anniversary banners. But it's still a gamble so no guarantee even if he appears. Until then you can stick any old sword in his hands, even if it's a relic for another character.

Incidentally, I would do as much of the ongoing FFX event as you can, since it's ending in about 16 hours. If you have level 50s you can probably do all the normal missions and grab a bunch of FFX characters.

EDIT: how much stamina do you have?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any guides for the multiplayer portion of the game/raids? Is it something that only becomes relevant when you're at the level cap or is it something I should be participating in now that I've got some L50+ characters with gear?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I am pondering pretty hard on pulling on the Summoner banner. I got all of Hope's stuff, most of Terra minus OSB, all of Eiko minus BSB, some Rydia poo poo, Tiny bees for Yuna(yay?) and Alphinaud's BSB.

I'm not too convinced if a pull is worth it in my case, despite wanting some more mage gear. I rolled pretty nicely on TG-Cid 1. I might save it all for the upcoming Tyro-3 banner, whenever THAT is supposed to drop.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
For events, I usually RW an OSB for stages under 99 so I can waste the boss with big numbers. Other SBs might be more practical but OSB RWs still have a niche appeal.

I'm sure people with All The Relics can definitely find a use for them.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Are there any guides for the multiplayer portion of the game/raids? Is it something that only becomes relevant when you're at the level cap or is it something I should be participating in now that I've got some L50+ characters with gear?

First thing worth a mention: Failing at multiplayer doesn't cost any stamina, so it'll be easy to just dip in and check how it goes. At worst you'll just waste time.

You can probably do the lower difficulties (80, 120) with pubs with some luck, just make sure to bring your best front row + back row characters (Probably Agrias + Ovelia now). You probably can't shoulder much of the DPS side yet, due to not having that many hones on your skills, so focus on more supportive things like healing, if you can. The two first difficulties aren't too bad, and these can be finished by pretty sketchy teams, just by having sheer numbers.

But the difficulty 160/200 ones are legit hard, and will require at least somewhat coordinated teams to finish. (And coordinating anything with the pubbies is a bit of a hassle.) Honestly, I wouldn't bother too much with 160/200, until you can at least clear the red bonus battle content in events (ones marked as +/++/+++), and can field two characters above 65. These will be long fights with a lot of damage being thrown about, so having good hones and character levels will be much more important.

That said, multiplayer is much better with fellow goons, and there's a discord channel where people often team up for the fights: https://discordapp.com/invite/83h3U6r Being able to communicate team setups via chat helps immensly, and goons are probably a lot more open to help carry newbies through some fights.

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003

Nickoten posted:

I really think BSBs are generally just more useful than OSBs anyway outside of certain scenarios (e.g. Orlandu OSB or an enelement + OSB combo). Being able to have cool effects like Gafgarrion's healing on an attacker BSB expands your options more than just having yet another way to deal big burst damage.

OSBs are good for epeen and seeing a single huge damage number, but most bursts provide more stable damage output. My OSB is Gilgamesh's, and I get more bang from my bursts, especially now that I combine them for fire peril (Locke, Thancred, Terra, Krile), they do much better damage than the golf club punt.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

teh winnar! posted:

OSBs are good for epeen damage numbers, but most bursts provide more stable damage output. My OSB is Gilgamesh's, and I get more bang from my bursts, especially now that I combine them for fire peril (Locke, Thancred, Terra, Krile), they do much better damage than the golf club punt.

To be fair, Gilgamesh's OSB is a good contender for the very worst one. You can't buff it with an en-element, gear, or hit a weakness.

It's certainly not something like Wrath boosted Terra OSB, boosted by a +Fire% item, her SSB en-Fire, and hitting a weakness. I've seen that in action in MP a few times, and jesus christ. About halfway through the fight, the boss suddenly starts eating 99,999 repeatedly from one character, every turn for 2-3 turns. :gibs:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

If you find it hard with puppies, me and many of the other people in the discord will happily carry you through the 80 / 120, just ask :)

e: pubbies

Inge fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jan 29, 2017

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

What skills should I give my team? Right now my team is Squall (Unique) Ramza (shout) Braska (Burst and Unique) Vanille (special) and Gilgamesh (burst).

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

The man called M posted:

What skills should I give my team? Right now my team is Squall (Unique) Ramza (shout) Braska (Burst and Unique) Vanille (special) and Gilgamesh (burst).

Squall could have 3* spellblades to target elemental weaknesses.
Ramza should have break/breakdowns for power and magic.
Braska could have some summons or spells.
Vanille should have curaga/curaja and a shellga or protectga.
Gilgamesh can run useful knight abilities and lifesiphon to build up his burst gauge quickly.

With Shout you can field a strong physical team. Braska might be wasted here depending on how high level of content you are doing. Probably fine for most event levels though.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

The man called M posted:

In addition what Bukowski said, The FFRK subreddit also has a pretty good skills guide. It's a bit :words: but scroll down to basic 3* and 4* abilities to find a handy list of recommended stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4hbewc/expanding_your_options_endgame_ability_creation/

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Inge posted:

If you find it hard with puppies, me and many of the other people in the discord will happily carry you through the 80 / 120, just ask :)

A lone goon struggling in MP:

:shittydog: :shittydog:
:pray: :cripes:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Ah yes, a pub Ultima 200 without any form of haste or boost, and the lone Vanille healer decides that casting her 2-hit holy command 1 is more beneficial than healing the party that's getting ripped to shreds by ultima :thumbsup:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
So you won right?

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
Gonna reiterate that goons are super helpful for multiplayer. I was having a hard time with ultima+, and within 5 minutes of getting on discord some helpful folks were clowning on it so hard I was just watching the fireworks. Highly recommend.

I've been grabbing all the major orbs I can get from nightmare fights while it's open, and I was able to make R1 full break. I guess I should save up more power, ice and lightning to get that to R2 eventually, but I'm unsure what to do with the rest. I have two R3 lifesiphons, R3 of my power/magic breakdowns. Anything super important? I've been kind of unsure, so I've stayed away from summons and -ja spells so far.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Beasteh posted:

Ah yes, a pub Ultima 200 without any form of haste or boost, and the lone Vanille healer decides that casting her 2-hit holy command 1 is more beneficial than healing the party that's getting ripped to shreds by ultima :thumbsup:

This is why you always bring a healer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

way to go steve posted:

Gonna reiterate that goons are super helpful for multiplayer. I was having a hard time with ultima+, and within 5 minutes of getting on discord some helpful folks were clowning on it so hard I was just watching the fireworks. Highly recommend.

I've been grabbing all the major orbs I can get from nightmare fights while it's open, and I was able to make R1 full break. I guess I should save up more power, ice and lightning to get that to R2 eventually, but I'm unsure what to do with the rest. I have two R3 lifesiphons, R3 of my power/magic breakdowns. Anything super important? I've been kind of unsure, so I've stayed away from summons and -ja spells so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4hbewc/expanding_your_options_endgame_ability_creation/

Posted this a few comments above. Scroll down for some recommended abilities.

• Locked thread