Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

achillesforever6 posted:

That or Zack Ryder before he got injured

I was looking at that one that just said Zack at first too, but it actually says Zack Sabre Jr. in full towards the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
given that seth rollins' titantron still has SGT SLAUGHTER and BIG SHOW VS FLOYD MONEY MAYWEATHER in it, i'm sure they just copied and pasted a list of wrestlers from their website and it included the CWC competitors.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Surprising no one, Tyler Bate's in Texas:
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/825482875311120386
SCOOPZ

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Evil Badman posted:

SCOOPZ

This video tells the whole story

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I've met Tyler Bate. Hes loving tiny. Hes like 5'4".

Thats my addition to this. I'm getting hosed off my face with a few friends tomorrow to watch Royal Rumble until the early hours, so I'm glad he'll probably appear with his goofy entrance theme.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Gorn Myson posted:

I've met Tyler Bate. Hes loving tiny. Hes like 5'4".

Thats my addition to this. I'm getting hosed off my face with a few friends tomorrow to watch Royal Rumble until the early hours, so I'm glad he'll probably appear with his goofy entrance theme.

yeah but he'll come in and put some massive dude in the airplane spin and eliminate him and everyone will immediately love Tyler Bate.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That was the most epic video I've ever seen. Thank you WWE. He is incredible at walking.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

SCOOPZ

I can't handle that fanny pack Tyler's rocking. I though we we done with that fad years ago.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I can't handle that fanny pack Tyler's rocking. I though we we done with that fad years ago.

Fanny packs and pro wrestlers go hand in hand

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Takeover Live spoiler: Tyler Bate had a match tonight against Oney Lorcan. Tyler won with the Tyler Driver '97, of course. Not sure if the match will make TV next week or not.

And there was another cool surprise as a dark match: Wolfgang. Seriously. There were a surprising number of Wolfie fans even with the arena maybe 20% full as people shuffled in. I have hopes he just might make it, at least to NXT.

Edit: de-spoiler-ified because I have the dumb.

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 29, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Kvantum posted:

Takeover Live spoiler: Tyler Bate had a match tonight against Oney Lorcan. Tyler won with the Tyler Driver '97, of course. Not sure if the match will make TV next week or not.

And there was another cool surprise as a dark match: Wolfgang. Seriously. There were a surprising number of Wolfie fans even with the arena maybe 20% full as people shuffled in. I have hopes he just might make it, at least to NXT.

Friendly reminder, you don't need spoiler tags in the spoiler thread. :)

Wolfgang was one of the UKCT standouts in my book, so I'm glad he's getting some love.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wolfgang would probably do fine in NXT, the problem is the main roster, because even with the de-emphasis on size, his shtick won't work so well when he's average size for the roster instead of a relative giant. Hard to be the big tough hoss when Randy Orton towers over you.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I always forget how tall Randy Orton really is. Like, he's lean and cut and doesn't really have the body type of a "big guy," but then he steps into the ring and it's striking how much taller he is than most of the guys. That billed 6'5 height is legit.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Billy Gunn and Edge were similar, never pushed as 'big' guys, but legit frickin' huge to the point that putting a Rey Mysterio or Taka in with them made them look like Big Show.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Hardys beat MCW Tag Team Champions The Ecktourage tonight to become the new champions.

King Maxel then continued his undefeated streak by beating Kevin Eck.

This is supposed to air on Impact the end of next month.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I still see Wolfie as the next Cena. He has that potential.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
As of this morning, Randy Orton is sitting at -990 for winning the Royal Rumble (was -270 to -350 earlier). While I don't think the smart money has come in yet, people are getting more confident in the fact that Orton will win the Royal Rumble. Which is :geno: as gently caress if true.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dave said Orton is penned in to win on last night's/this morning's Observer Radio.

At least it's not a Raw guy. Maybe they'll make Bray Wyatt an effective heel now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The most disappointing part is being able to see WWE/Vince's logic for it: they need a reason Randy's not in the chamber match for the belt.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

Billy Gunn and Edge were similar, never pushed as 'big' guys, but legit frickin' huge to the point that putting a Rey Mysterio or Taka in with them made them look like Big Show.

I remember meeting Booker T in 1999 and being amazed at how massive he was and he was never a traditional big guy.

Then I saw Gene snitsky in person around 2006 and God drat that guy was huge.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I wasn't expecting DDP to be a huge dude when I met him, then I was like "drat, I am looking up to meet you in the eye"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Randy isn't the type to handle it well if the crowd shits all over him winning.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm really not sure why they wouldn't even do the reverse and have Bray win. Bray's enough of a smark fave that people would probably pop for it. And Orton wins the title in the chamber. Orton likes being a heel better anyway!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

sportsgenius86 posted:

i mean, he's technically a heel at the moment, right? so at least for once they'd want the boos

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I'm really not sure why they wouldn't even do the reverse and have Bray win. Bray's enough of a smark fave that people would probably pop for it. And Orton wins the title in the chamber. Orton likes being a heel better anyway!

Because Randy is winning at Mania, so this way he wins the title at Mania instead of retains? Seems pretty easy to me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

What if it's just silence

Because of all the winners there could be, he seems likeliest to generate no reaction beyond "huh"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

What if it's just silence

Because of all the winners there could be, he seems likeliest to generate no reaction beyond "huh"
He'll probably do a cool RKO to win it so the crowd will pop for it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

He'll probably do a cool RKO to win it so the crowd will pop for it

How do you do an RKO to eliminate someone from a battle royal, though?

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Because in the Rumble, finishers like that magically pop people back up on their feet for the easy shove out of the ring after that. Austin did all sorts of stunners like that in his rumbles.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Gaz-L posted:

Half-assed RKO while the guy is standing on the apron. Or the pop-up and toss, like Alakaiser mentioned.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Gaz-L posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL150ZpoO8Y

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

randy is good but i would always prefer a first-time winner. If you're reading this send it to 10 strangers and they will become your kissing buddy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave also said on Observer Radio that the current planned Fastlane main event is Goldberg vs the winner of Owens/Reigns for the belt. In case anyone was wondering how Brock/Goldberg would be for a belt

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I'd rather have Goldberg win the Rumble than Orton.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Orton/Wyatt will be a good match but I still don't see how that needs a title or Rumble win involved

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ThePariah posted:

I'd rather have Goldberg win the Rumble than Orton.

And then Brock goes for the title so he can get his rematch. Of course, they'd need to have Brock retain, so again, they're not gonna.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here are the odds for the rest of the card

code:
Kevin Owens -1730
Roman Reigns +830

AJ Styles +550
John Cena -1050

Charlotte Flair -1950
Bayley +950

Rich Swann +850
Neville -1750

Becky Lynch/Naomi/Nikki Bella -175
Alexa Bliss/Mickie James/Natalya +135

Cesaro and Sheamus -170
The Club +130

Sasha Banks +350
Nia Jax -530

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave also said on Observer Radio that the current planned Fastlane main event is Goldberg vs the winner of Owens/Reigns for the belt. In case anyone was wondering how Brock/Goldberg would be for a belt

There would be something hilarious about Reigns, who they desperately want to be a big star, winning at Rumble and then losing the belt to Goldberg clean as a whistle at Fast Lane.

Also did he talk at all about Balor? Has there been any more news about him coming back after the medical tests?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Finn is one of the surprise entries they're probably keeping it quiet on purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Finn as #30 in full Demon King regalia would be a hell of a surprise and finish, actually. And as long as he's cleared enough to take one or two bumps, that's all he really has to do. A slingblade, a dropkick and some clotheslines would be fine.