Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Macrowave Oven posted:

Well, our opinions don't matter because he thinks we're all NPCs in a giant Bethesda game.

Too bad it's one of the Fallout games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Tingfinder posted:

Tinkle
Tinkle
Little
Czar

https://twitter.com/georgetakei/status/819003453057990656

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Abyssal Squid posted:

e: one of only a couple politoons-related things I have saved in my dumb pictures folder, here's another:

Sgt Chowdown really let himself go

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pikavangelist posted:

well that'd be one explanation why i've suddenly been wishing for a nuclear winter

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brother Entropy posted:

well that'd be one explanation why i've suddenly been wishing for a nuclear winter

You know when the game came out I thought that line was annoying

Now not so much

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Now I want to start a political discussion in the steam thread and a games discussion in the political cartoons thread.

Do we even have any remaining mods that would be bothered by either?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Abyssal Squid posted:

No, he founded SpaceX and Tesla. Maybe you're thinking of the fact that he bought SolarCity because he wanted to integrate their battery tech with Tesla?

He literally founded SpaceX to spite the Russians, who he felt were trying to gouge him on rockets. SpaceX's medium-term plan is to expand the launch market by making it more affordable (and to undercut the Russian market), and their slightly-longer-than-medium-term plan is to deploy a massive constellation of internet satellites into low Earth orbit. I can't overstate what a boon for humanity that would be, it's an era-demarcating infrastructure project. Even ignoring the freedom of speech thing, access to internet banking would revolutionize the lives of people who don't even have roads.

Musk is a huge nerd and the hyperloop is dumb as gently caress, but he's absolutely not a corporate parasite like you're saying. He's good & cool.

Elon Musk is directly working with Trump. He's a piece of poo poo. And he did not found Tesla.

quote:

Tesla Motors was incorporated in July 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning who financed the company until the Series A round of funding.[43]

He bought into Tesla during their series A.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Macrowave Oven posted:

Well, our opinions don't matter because he thinks we're all NPCs in a giant Bethesda game.

Pikavangelist posted:

He's so loving stupid. No wonder he's one of Trump's advisers.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

I really like that Trump's Very Long Tie has become a gag in cartoons now. He's less scary when you think of him as a child playing presidential dress-up with daddy's tie.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Xander77 posted:

Do we even have any remaining mods

one or two I think

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

Keeping calm is for when your country is under attack by bombs and stuff from a foreign country, not when there is a cancer inside your society.

No, it's for when the Nazis have taken over. That poster was designed for an axis occupation of Britain, and was put up in Torquee.

That's why it's keep calm and not get mad. Getting mad under nazi occupation means a lot of late night deaths.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Fulchrum posted:

No, it's for when the Nazis have taken over. That poster was designed for an axis occupation of Britain, and was put up in Torquee.

That's why it's keep calm and not get mad. Getting mad under nazi occupation means a lot of late night deaths.

Luckily for the time being y'all are still a nominal democracy and you have a healthy judiciary so if there was ever time to throw a brick...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

WILLFULLY dense. Pay no attention that he lost the popular vote by 3 million people or that land area does not equal population.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

For context, "manga in newspapers" refers to Tokyopop's brief stint in Sunday comics. Around the same time that happened, Ramirez got laid off from the Los Angeles Times.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

WILLFULLY dense. Pay no attention that he lost the popular vote by 3 million people or that land area does not equal population.

I don't think that's what it's saying. I think it's just "being divided is bad." The wall around all borders, not just the one with Mexico, makes me think this is not pro-Trump.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Given the writing lately, a Bethesda game is the only kind we could possibly be in. And not one of the obsidian written ones either.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jurgan posted:

I don't think that's what it's saying. I think it's just "being divided is bad." The wall around all borders, not just the one with Mexico, makes me think this is not pro-Trump.

That makes sense. Jumped the gun there. Population maps set me off. :argh:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Jurgan posted:

If we don't have a wall around all borders, including the coasts, how can we be assured of our safety in the case of a kaiju attack?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

(this is from jan 20 but I don't recall anybody posting it)

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quorum posted:

Given the writing lately, a Bethesda game is the only kind we could possibly be in. And not one of the obsidian written ones either.

Hey, it could be Bioware. They haven't been so hot lately (and to be perfectly honest have problems going some way back) either.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

You really need to see this cartoon in 960x835 px to take in every subtle details.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

You really need to see this cartoon in 960x835 px to take in every subtle details.

My favorite part is the perfectly circular MS Paint mouth.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I hate the mentality of "everyone hates me so I must be doing SOMETHING right! :smuggo:" that goes hand in hand these days with "I upset/offended someone, that proves I'm right!"
Everyone hates cancer, smallpox, and Hitler too, you waste of paper.

World Famous W posted:

"I don't know, have you stopped being one?"
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Post-election there's few things that get me angry like people going "well I voted for Trump because I'm sick of being called a racist!" Like how much of a loving racist are you to get called that on the regular anyway? I guarantee it's not just because you're white.
These are people who realize they're being called racist and don't like it, but their solution is not to look inside themselves and try to become better people, even if they don't like what they find -- it's to just tell everyone calling them that to shut up. With political backing, if necessary.
We don't need to get rid of racism, we just need to get rid of people who point it out!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 29, 2017

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Skippy Granola posted:

I really like that Trump's Very Long Tie has become a gag in cartoons now. He's less scary when you think of him as a child playing presidential dress-up with daddy's tie.

On the other hand, daddy is a white nationalist and a yellow journalist.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What's with the hammers?

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

Everyone hates cancer, smallpox, and Hitler

Counterpoint: The pharmaceutical industry, anti-vaxxers, Richard Spencer

E:

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's with the hammers?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Pinkfloydhammers.jpg

I would've gone with a wrench wearing a wig though:

https://youtu.be/SiOLloRjqrg

Volcanic Vents fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 29, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Trump is going to fast for the cartoonist to follow, they need to work faster

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's with the hammers?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's with the hammers?

Because when all you have is hammers, everything looks like a nail?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's with the hammers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awktDTuuGlg

e: f, b with a hammer

Telnaes on Ryan, Pence, and McConnell refusing to stand up to Trump on the ban:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

all i know about The Wall is the kids need to eat the meat to get pudding, so is this calling trump a picky eater or what

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's with the hammers?

Pink Floyd's The Wall uses hammers as the symbol for Neo-Nazis in the movie version.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

all i know about The Wall is the kids need to eat the meat to get pudding, so is this calling trump a picky eater or what

dude from the petshop boys shaves his eyebrows and becomes bowie-hitler or something and turns all english lads into hammers

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

mandatory lesbian posted:

The overall story of the album is about a musician who's kind of a trainwreck of a person and ends up becoming a Fascist. The hammers are from songs/scenes were he starts using his concerts as rallies to start riots.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

albany academy posted:

dude from the petshop boys shaves his eyebrows and becomes bowie-hitler or something and turns all english lads into hammers

Petshop Boys?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Vib Rib posted:

I hate the mentality of "everyone hates me so I must be doing SOMETHING right! :smuggo:" that goes hand in hand these days with "I upset/offended someone, that proves I'm right!"
Everyone hates... Hitler too, you waste of paper.

I've got some bad news for you about who's running the White House, my friend...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Selachian posted:

Telnaes on Ryan, Pence, and McConnell refusing to stand up to Trump on the ban:

Telnaes might be the most talented caricaturist of our generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

Pink Floyd's The Wall uses hammers as the symbol for Neo-Nazis in the movie version.
Oh, I knew that image but didn't make the Nazi connection.

So what, the press corps is also Nazis?

• Locked thread