Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Budgie Jumping posted:

These glimpses into Mister Bibs' terrible absurd worldview and the immediate ganging up on him for it are my favorite parts of this thread. Never change, mr. bibs.

When did Mr. Bibs show up? I think he might be the guy who got locked in a crackhouse.

MisterBibs posted:

They gave up arguing with me because they lacked any decent counter-argument.

I once saw a homeless guy yelling at a bag of cans on the subway. No one had a decent counter-argument for him either.

By the way are you that dumb rear end in a top hat who got locked in a crackhouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've never been at a crackhouse, so you're mistaken.

Safety Factor posted:

Wait, what? Are those the only options for children in your area?

What? No, I was just pointing out the inherent insanity in trying to equate letting kids take pictures of themselves in places with turning those same places into strip clubs. Like I said, in the absence of a valid counter-argument, nonsense is proposed (the whole "add strippers to the museums" thing).

On the big list of ways to not discourage younger generations from visiting holocaust-based memorials and museums, letting people take pictures of themselves is really low on the things-to-start-pearl-clutching scale.

Ffs, one of the images edited was a dude juggling. juggling. In what nonsensical belief system is that actually offensive?

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 29, 2017

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

CPL593H posted:

You rejected my Facebook friend request, you monster.

This was actually a huge accident, I misclicked and couldn't cancel it and immediately tried to add you back instead

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

When did Mr. Bibs show up? I think he might be the guy who got locked in a crackhouse.

I once saw a homeless guy yelling at a bag of cans on the subway. No one had a decent counter-argument for him either.

By the way are you that dumb rear end in a top hat who got locked in a crackhouse?
MisterBibs and SALT CURES HAM are definitely two different people.

:rip: SALT CURES HAM

MisterBibs posted:

What? No, I was just pointing out the inherent insanity in trying to equate letting kids take pictures of themselves in places with turning those same places into strip clubs.
:wtc:
When did you say anything about turning museums into strip clubs? I was just making fun of a weird choice of comparisons.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

MisterBibs posted:

What? No, I was just pointing out the inherent insanity in trying to equate letting kids take pictures of themselves in places with turning those same places into strip clubs.

On the big list of ways to not discourage younger generations from visiting holocaust-based memorials and museums, letting people take pictures of themselves is really low on the things-to-start-pearl-clutching scale.

The arguments keep 'bouncing off' you because you refuse to engage, escaping deeper and deeper into misdirection.

No one has ever said that you shouldn't be allowed to take pictures at memorials. You are making poo poo up to support your contrarian conclusion about the guy who photoshopped some douchey people who were using Holocaust memorial and educational sites for self-aggrandizement.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hbomberguy posted:

This was actually a huge accident, I misclicked and couldn't cancel it and immediately tried to add you back instead

Thank you for replying to my dumb twitlonger about New Vegas, dude.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Lurdiak posted:

Thank you for replying to my dumb twitlonger about New Vegas, dude.

Thank you for asking fun questions!

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Misterbibs, saying "at least these idiot kids are going to museums instead of strip clubs" is dumb as hell. It's like defending some kids that spray-painted hate speech on a mosque by saying "well at least they're exposing themselves to other cultures and faiths!" Ya dingleberry.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I can't even get on him too hard for it because it's such a bizarre philosophy. I want to understand. MisterBibs in Being There.

Haha yeah. If more of us were convinced Bibs was being ironic and loved him for it, he would be the perfect Peter Sellers analog. Just switch gardening with box office stats and you're golden.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

When did you say anything about turning museums into strip clubs? I was just making fun of a weird choice of comparisons.

I didn't bring it up, someone else did. Like I said, I totally get that when one lacks a counter-argument, this sort of hyperbole comes out.

K. Waste posted:

The arguments keep 'bouncing off' you because you refuse to engage, escaping deeper and deeper into misdirection.

Most of the examples that guy did are not kids being douchey. Otherwise, it's kids doing something inherently and unarguably harmless. The only misdirection going on here are those trying to paint a broader picture than the situation requires.

Folks take pictures of themselves. It's a thing human beings do now, especially with technology getting better. Being grumpy about it because it's at a museum or memorial isn't a counter-argument. Be thankful they are there at all, because the alternative is to make those locations even less populated by the younger generation.

Budgie Jumping posted:

Misterbibs, saying "at least these idiot kids are going to museums instead of strip clubs" is dumb as hell.

You're right, that's because I didn't say that. Museums should be places that, within reason, encourage people to go there. It's a shame whenever a policy discourages people from attending museums and memorials, especially ones about the Holocaust.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 29, 2017

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Please don't listen to Dickeye when he says to kill yourself, Misterbibs. You're an ignoramus but you're an important part of our little family here. You're like our 10 year-old chihuahua that shits everywhere and has a skin condition and smells bad and studied finance at community college for a semester. In fact I think that might be exactly what you are. But we love you just the same.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

I prefer The Visit as well, but boy, that James McAvoy, huh?

I was kinda expecting for them to go with like "okay maybe like one of the personalities is likable and sympathetic and that's the one the girls are gonna try to use to help save them from the scary personalities", but imagine my surprise when McAvoy made all of the personalities super likable

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Hbomberguy posted:

It worked. I got you on there now, I hope you like dick pics!

If you really can't understand why certain behavior is inappropriate at a holocaust museum/memorial maybe society isn't for you.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I preferred The Visit to Split, but Split was still good. I'm enjoying Shyamalan's resurgence.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

"I went to an art museum and for some reason people got all weird about me touching the paintings! At least I actually went to that dump!"

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Budgie Jumping posted:

Please don't listen to Dickeye when he says to kill yourself, Misterbibs. You're an ignoramus but you're an important part of our little family here. You're like our 10 year-old chihuahua that shits everywhere and has a skin condition and smells bad and studied finance at community college for a semester. In fact I think that might be exactly what you are. But we love you just the same.

I didn't tell him to kill himself, I said that rule shouldn't apply here because he's not people. Totally different

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Is it weird that I feel like this whole place would be different if we didn't constantly have one really lovely person for everyone to dog pile on for saying stupid poo poo every once in a while?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jenny Angel posted:

I was kinda expecting for them to go with like "okay maybe like one of the personalities is likable and sympathetic and that's the one the girls are gonna try to use to help save them from the scary personalities", but imagine my surprise when McAvoy made all of the personalities super likable

That one scene where he changes personalities using only his eyebrow is loving great.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

gently caress Whitey posted:

I didn't tell him to kill himself, I said that rule shouldn't apply here because he's not people. Totally different

Well I've established he's actually a small deformed dog, so his personhood is debatable, but either way you were explicitly asking permission to tell him to kill himself, ya shithead.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Budgie Jumping posted:

Well I've established he's actually a small deformed dog, so his personhood is debatable, but either way you were explicitly asking permission to tell him to kill himself, ya shithead.

We euthanize animals sometimes

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

CPL593H posted:

If you really can't understand why certain behavior is inappropriate at a holocaust museum/memorial maybe society isn't for you.

No, I get why certain behaviors are innapropriate for a holocaust museum/memorial are innapropriate.

If you bring up kids taking selfies or playing a go-out-and-go-to-places-youve-never-been cell phone games as part of those, I'm just going to give a sensible chuckle over that.

Because, as we're establishing, there's no valid reason to not allow it. There's just pearl-clutching hyperbole and, when that fails, telling someone to kill themselves.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I like how Split has a secret sort-of-offensive horror movie trope beyond the sort-of-offensive horror movie trope people are upset about.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

We euthanize animals sometimes

You're an animal

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Budgie Jumping posted:

You're an animal

And I welcome my death because I'm hosed up and don't have any kind of regard for my own safety

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
Remember when there was a rumor about an active shooter event at the mall I work at and everyone was like holy poo poo and I just shrugged and kept working

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Remember when there was a rumor about an active shooter event at the mall I work at and everyone was like holy poo poo and I just shrugged and kept working

You need a hug. Let me hug you.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CPL593H posted:

Is it weird that I feel like this whole place would be different if we didn't constantly have one really lovely person for everyone to dog pile on for saying stupid poo poo every once in a while?

Yeah I would have been run outta here a long time ago.

LesterGroans posted:

I like how Split has a secret sort-of-offensive horror movie trope beyond the sort-of-offensive horror movie trope people are upset about.

what

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

CPL593H posted:

You need a hug. Let me hug you.

Sounds gay

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Besides the "people with mental illness are evil" thing there's also "abuse makes you special". I'm being glib about both, but I think it's funny that the movie does a really good job defusing the complaints people would have about the first thing and then dropping that second thing in there.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

When you guys talk about Dark Archie are you talking about the show Riverdale? Because thats all I can find and it doesnt seem to be on Netflix at all but im bout to fire up an episode on Amazon.

Yes. It's terrible. Watch it.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Think we all need to bond over some brunch.

Need to rewatch Darkchie wasn't impressed.

E: looks like we potentially got our airport

Death By The Blues fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 29, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Yes!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Hedwig's dance is a great encapsulation of Shyamalan: goofy, mundane and creepy.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Where on the internet can I legally watch Darchkie?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Budgie Jumping posted:

Pretty sure it's streaming on cwtv.com.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Budgie Jumping posted:

It's on Netflix if you're outside of the US.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Yeah that's it it's real good

Yes it is

Split owns by the way. OWNS

Yes it does

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Waddup its ya boi The Holocaust Museum add me on snapchat fam and get a free frosty from Wendy's

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Waddup its ya boi The Holocaust Museum add me on snapchat fam and get a free frosty from Wendy's
Kids These Days just aren't interested unless you've got strippers.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Yes. It's terrible. Watch it.

It's amazing actually and not in the way that like Miami Connection is great because it's horrible and it becomes a beautiful piece of outsider art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Safety Factor posted:

Kids These Days just aren't interested unless you've got strippers.

I mean if more places had strippers I'd go more places

• Locked thread