Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TheSoundNinja posted:

Perhaps have a mechanic for increasing the difficulty of the subsequent arcs based on the weird power antics of the PCs? I like the concept, the challenge is how to rope in "Shonen Power Creep" to actually be a mechanic.

My current solution is that the game is a dice pool system where power level is always added so pools contiously ger biggee and crazier.

Also, will get ad blurb up soon. Just saw we're on that stage now. Also, didn't realize we were making settings too. Guess I'll work that in with the modifer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Strikers [NG+]

The Dark Lord has been defeated. The ritual has been stopped. Dragons have been slain, princesses have been saved, treasures have been looted. You and your companions struggled long and hard to reach here, but you’ve done it. You have saved the world.

But that was yesterday! Today, you can go find a new adventure in Strikers [NG+]! Explore a fantasy world of your own creation as the adventurers who just saved it! Grow stronger based on your past accomplishments! But remember, no one defeats the Dark Lord and gets away without a few wounds to show for it. Here’s hoping the scars from your last adventure don’t spell the end of this one…

But what kind of hero has ever let a few old wounds stop them! Grab your dice and Strike Forth!

Strikers [NG+] is based on Cortex+ Action and is intended for 3 to 5 players.
---
Like I said in the pitch, I'm basing this off of Cortex+. The main hook is that you begin with a basic statline and build your stats higher and higher by describing things you did in your previous adventures as you play, but every time you do so you risk retroactively gaining a Scar from the old battles you just described. There's more to it than that, but it's a good place to start.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Strikers [NG+]

The Dark Lord has been defeated. The ritual has been stopped. Dragons have been slain, princesses have been saved, treasures have been looted. You and your companions struggled long and hard to reach here, but you’ve done it. You have saved the world.

But that was yesterday! Today, you can go find a new adventure in Strikers [NG+]! Explore a fantasy world of your own creation as the adventurers who just saved it! Grow stronger based on your past accomplishments! But remember, no one defeats the Dark Lord and gets away without a few wounds to show for it. Here’s hoping the scars from your last adventure don’t spell the end of this one…

But what kind of hero has ever let a few old wounds stop them! Grab your dice and Strike Forth!

Strikers [NG+] is based on Cortex+ Action and is intended for 3 to 5 players.
---
Like I said in the pitch, I'm basing this off of Cortex+. The main hook is that you begin with a basic statline and build your stats higher and higher by describing things you did in your previous adventures as you play, but every time you do so you risk retroactively gaining a Scar from the old battles you just described. There's more to it than that, but it's a good place to start.

This is a great start, but could you add more words to your ad blurb as you work on the game this week? It needs to be 150 words.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

TheSoundNinja posted:

This is a great start, but could you add more words to your ad blurb as you work on the game this week? It needs to be 150 words.

I, uh, included the italicized bit as the blurb when I was writing it. I just, uh, italicized it for aesthetic reasons and then put the --- after it to try to signify that it was supposed to be part of it? Even if it is kind of a weird cheaty workaround to make it hit the 150 word limit because I didn't have a better way to insert another sentence into the main paragraphs without making it sound more forced than including a bit of closing small text.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I, uh, included the italicized bit as the blurb when I was writing it. I just, uh, italicized it for aesthetic reasons and then put the --- after it to try to signify that it was supposed to be part of it? Even if it is kind of a weird cheaty workaround to make it hit the 150 word limit because I didn't have a better way to insert another sentence into the main paragraphs without making it sound more forced than including a bit of closing small text.

Oh. That's fine then. Carry On!

Free Cog
Feb 27, 2011

Armilage: The Peace Keepers

War has come again to the Republic of Polegia, and now it has torn it asunder.

On one side, the Polegian Protectorate works to maintain a corrupt status quo. On the other, the United Polegian Front imposes its technocratic monarchy. Between the two factions lies The Disputed Zone, an ever-shifting land of idealists, refugees, and outlaws. Armed with machines of war once built for peace, the conflict threatens to be the powderkeg that throws the world into chaos.

You are a Peace Keeper, a soldier of the Federation of Free Lands on a controversial intervention mission. Using your own machines, you will bring order to The Disputed Zone and an end to the war itself, by any means necessary.

Supplies are scarce and assistance is limited. Your superiors squabble over loyalties. The war lurches towards a nightmarish conclusion. Will you and your unit have what it takes to survive?

---

No fancy logo here, unfortunately. Don't really have the head for that sort of stuff.

So, details! Armilage uses a dice pool based resolution system. Players make pools either from combining two stats or a stat and a skill (I haven't quite figured out if the game needs a full skill suite yet, we'll see). Die results above a certain target number are called "steps". Players must roll a certain number of steps for a full success. At the moment the number of steps is always five. Results come out like this:

0 Steps - Failure
1-4 Steps - Partial Success
5 Steps - Complete Success
6+ Steps - Success With a Bonus (an extra bit of damage, getting something done in half the expected time, an extra bit of info, etc)

Players have access to six stats, split into three categories:

Innate Stats - Stats related to the person themselves: Body, Mind, and Morale. These also serve as the character's health, and can be reduced with damage. When one of these stats hits zero, the character is removed from play.

Acquired Stats - Stats related to more external factors: Armor, Speed, and Firepower. These stats are determined in two ways: a base set of stats provided by a character's starting class, and a separate set of stats depending on which Armilage (Armored Military Agent) the character uses. An Armilage's Acquired Stats always overrides a character's Base Acquired Stats from the moment the character climbs in the mech until the very moment they're out of it.

That's what I've got so far, though I've got some various other ideas for mechanics and character creation at the moment. I just need to see what pans out by the time the next step of the contest is due.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, the OP mentions something about Late Passes and implies that they can be used even for missing the sign up deadline? If so, I think I'd like to get in on this. Sorry for not signing up on time; I haven't been super-active in TG lately, but I'm trying to change that. I actually didn't know about this thing until a little while ago.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Deep Diver Daedalus

The experimental explorator vessel Daedalus has returned from beyond the torrential barrier called The Pale that has shrouded and blocked the underwater nations of Labrin, bringing back secrets, revelations and most importantly, a way to go Beyond The Pale, but it wasnt without mysterious, alien assistance.

Set two years in the aftermath of the Daedalus' Maiden Voyage the Nations of Labrin have mass produced the Aether Drive that allows vessels to cross The Pale, and a call for skilled, spirited and determined individuals has been broadcast for all to hear, to discover the mysteries of the world beyond, to bring back riches for their nation, to explore, chart and catalogue the unknown.

To create new allies and friends in a dark unforgiving world, or to conquer and colonize as a testament to their peoples everlasting glory.

Will you answer the call and carve your name in the annals of History?
---

I have no idea where to start on mechanics.

^^Is the second one supposed to the the United Polegian Front or the Polegian United Front?

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 29, 2017

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Crap crap crap the month I forget to check this stuff because I'm busy working

Late pass, please?

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

So, the OP mentions something about Late Passes and implies that they can be used even for missing the sign up deadline? If so, I think I'd like to get in on this. Sorry for not signing up on time; I haven't been super-active in TG lately, but I'm trying to change that. I actually didn't know about this thing until a little while ago.

Never too late for Romance.

K Prime posted:

Crap crap crap the month I forget to check this stuff because I'm busy working

Late pass, please?

Freeze! You're under Police and / or Organized Crime!

Just remember to submit a 150 word Ad Copy and a 150 word fanfic on your genre (Ad Copy must be exact, the fanfic must be at least 150 words).

EDIT: OH, and the modifier you both need to use is Sequel Series.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Are there other modifiers in the works?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheSoundNinja posted:

Never too late for Romance.

Ahahaha, crap, you've given me one of the few genres I'm not so familiar/good with.

Okay, time to draw on Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, JiWaWaWa, and other stuff, because I don't think I could pull this one off playing it straight. (Cooking anime are my other weakness here, and something I've actually seen none of apart from watching a bit of Sweetness and Lightning and I guess technically reading Toriko (and the infamous HxH panel), so I probably won't use the mystery box.)

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Are there other modifiers in the works?

No, but people had thought there would be multiple modifiers in play. Since both are needed, I'm making sure that anyone who enters late has both pointed out to them.

Roland Jones posted:

Ahahaha, crap, you've given me one of the few genres I'm not so familiar/good with.

Okay, time to draw on Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, JiWaWaWa, and other stuff, because I don't think I could pull this one off playing it straight. (Cooking anime are my other weakness here, and something I've actually seen none of apart from watching a bit of Sweetness and Lightning and I guess technically reading Toriko (and the infamous HxH panel), so I probably won't use the mystery box.)

Look back a few pages for a free trial of Crunchyroll to help out.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

TheSoundNinja posted:

Sounds anime to me.

Fantastic! Here's the pitch:

Thirty-five years ago, the ARCS virus ravaged the globe. While many infected suffered horrific alterations of their bodies and minds, a rare few retained themselves and used their newfound abilities to fight against the horrors the pandemic created. Their efforts gave humanity enough precious time to develop the Exceed vaccine, and while Exceed lessened the worst effects of the virus it did little to halt the spread. Now almost every organism on the planet is contaminated. Exceed Zeta is a role-playing game in which players find themselves in a world dramatically altered by disease and warfare. While civilization has recovered significantly since the initial outbreak, ARCS Demons and those who attempt to exploit them remain a constant threat in the world. Exceed has given you the means to resist, but it can only do so much. Will you act as a shining Angel, a slavering Demon, or simply a person?

--

Details:

Exceed Zeta will focus on people who ride the the quickly blurring line between human and monster. The ARCS virus has mutated into several distinct strains from its original form, weakened by the proliferation of Exceed but still quite dangerous. The virus boosts physical attributes as well as providing stranger abilities, but always carries the risk of overwhelming its host, turning them into an ARCS Demon. The infected can always push themselves to greater heights of power, but doing so increases the risk of Demonization.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Having some trouble with the setting. See, Shonen includes tons of settings. Tons. It's hard to even boil them down to a set number because, when you try, you hit an exception that's hyper popular almost immediately. I mean, Shonen, technically, runs the gauntlet from One Piece to Jojos as Shueshia Battle comics are pretty general as it is basically the Japanese Superhero Genre. I mean, gently caress, Yu-Gi-Oh! is shonen battle trad games!

My current decision is to avoid doing a "not-" setting, as in "Not-Naruto", and just take a genre and make it a Shueshia battles kind of story. After all, that's kind of how it works. One Piece is shueshia battle pirates, Naruto is shueshia battle ninjas, Hero Academia is shueshia battle superheroes, Dragonball is shueshia battle martial artists, etc, etc. Yes, this is an over-generalization, but it's not far from fact. It seems most comic artists take a kind of story they want to and the setting itself isn't a limiting factor. In the sense that they won't go "can't do that, it's not shonen enough" because they can turn it shueshia battle comics enough.

Because I'm replaying Mass Effect 2, probably will so Sci Fi.

Covok fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 29, 2017

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Covok posted:

Having some trouble with the setting. See, Shonen includes tons of settings. Tons. It's hard to even boil them down to a set number because, when you try, you hit an exception that's hyper popular almost immediately. I mean, Shonen, technically, runs the gauntlet from One Piece to Jojos as Shueshia Battle comics are pretty general as it is basically the Japanese Superhero Genre.

My current decision is to avoid doing a "not-" setting, as in "Not-Naruto", and just take a genre and make it a Shueshia battles kind of story. After all, that's kind of how it works. One Piece is shueshia battle pirates, Naruto is shueshia battle ninjas, Hero Academia is shueshia battle superheroes, Dragonball is shueshia battle martial artists, etc, etc. Yes, this is an over-generalization, but it's not far from fact. It seems most comic artists take a kind of story they want to and the setting itself isn't a limiting factor. In the sense that they won't go "can't do that, it's not shonen enough" because they can turn it shueshia battle comics enough.

Because I'm replaying Mass Effect 2, probably will so Sci Fi.

That sounds pretty anime. Go for it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

GUNS!

For thousands of years, the galaxy has been caught in endless wars. Powerful psychic mercenaries known as GUNS (Genetically Upgraded Neural Soldiers) were formed to fuel the endless war machine. These War Orphans were trained in brutal academies, went through grueling tournaments, and factionalized into small teams all to go to war and die.

20 years ago, a young GUNS rebelled against the order of things with the support of his team, his friends. Believing galactic society could live in harmony like his team did, he fought against the machinations continuing this war and united the galaxy.

Now, the Alliance keeps the peace and shows the galaxy a new way. The GUNS program has changed into a schooling system for young talented individuals. Academies, tournaments, and teams are now ways to help the many species grow together, face adversity as a team, and learn to live in peace.

As the children of the legendary GUNS who formed the Alliance, your lives are very different from the rest of Alliance civilizations. These heroes are the same people who make you breakfast. You can see them falling into the failings of the old world as they fail to recognize the troubles breaking the Alliance apart.

It’s time for a new age of young GUNS to save the galaxy!

GUNS is a tabletop roleplaying game inspired by Shonen battle manga. It is a game meant to be played with friends and bring high valor combat, flashy moves, and a sense of power, progression, and friendship. It’s all about playing in your very own Japanese battle manga!
  • A fun, light, and versatile system for character creation and combat
  • Rules for making your campaign feel just like your favorite battle manga!
  • A system that encourages creativity and makes you feel like you’re growing powerful!

---

That's 300 words. Too much?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Also, got this:

Transformations are called Reloads:

First Reload, the Pistol, gives you a gaseous aura of a particular colors and awakens a unique psychic power. Your general control of base psychic powers also increases as do your physical capabilities.

Second Reload, the Rifle, gives you ephemeral aura of your color and strengths your unique psychic power to its next logical conclusion. You become tougher in addition to the benefits of the First Reload.

Third Reload, the RPG, gives you an ephemeral mecha suit of your color and brings your unique power to its logical extreme, within reason. It becomes harder to hit your inside your ephemeral suit, alongside the benefits of the previous Reloads.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Covok posted:

That's 300 words. Too much?

Yeah. Find the 150 words you feel best sell the game and use them. I do really like that concept though.

Covok
May 27, 2013

TheSoundNinja posted:

Yeah. Find the 150 words you feel best sell the game and use them. I do really like that concept though.

GUNS!

For thousands of years, the galaxy has been caught in endless wars. Powerful psychic mercenaries known as GUNS were formed to fuel the endless war machine.

20 years ago, a young GUNS rebelled and united the galaxy.

Now, the Alliance keeps the peace and the GUNS program has changed into a schooling system.

As the children of the legendary GUNS who formed the Alliance, you can see them falling into the failings of the old world.

GUNS is a tabletop roleplaying game inspired by Shonen battle manga. It is a game meant to bring high valor combat, flashy moves, and friendship to your gaming table.
  • A system that makes you feel like you’re growing powerful!
  • A game that supports and rewards awesome and valorous roleplaying

---

There we go: 150 words, including the title.

Covok fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 30, 2017

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Covok posted:

GUNS!

For thousands of years, the galaxy has been caught in endless wars. Powerful psychic mercenaries known as GUNS were formed to fuel the endless war machine.

20 years ago, a young GUNS rebelled and united the galaxy.

Now, the Alliance keeps the peace. The GUNS program has changed into a schooling system.

As the children of the legendary GUNS who formed the Alliance, you can see them falling into the failings of the old world.

GUNS is a tabletop roleplaying game inspired by Shonen battle manga. It is a game meant to bring high valor combat, flashy moves, and friendship to your gaming table.
  • A system that makes you feel like you’re growing powerful!
  • A game that supports and rewards awesome and valorous roleplaying

---

There we go: 150 words, including the title.

I updated the link for you.

Covok
May 27, 2013

TheSoundNinja posted:

I updated the link for you.

What link?

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Covok posted:

What link?

All content posts are linked to in post 1....or 2, that OP made.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Covok posted:

What link?

I had saved the second post to post the participants and their submissions each week. I changed the link I had for your Week 1 to your shorter description.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

TheSoundNinja posted:

Week 1: Come up with an RPG concept that will fit your Genre and uses the contest's Modifier, then post a 150 word ad-blurb that would go on the back of the corebook if it was sold in stores by February 5th at 11:59p CST.

Earth needs a hero, but space... needs a SPACE HERO!

The stars are wilder and more dangerous than anybody could have imagined, but that's why we have a SPACE HERO, strong enough to save the entire galaxy! Collaboratively create a SPACE HERO you take turns playing, along with their rotating cast of followers, acquaintances, and villains! This game features:
  • CONVICTION! A hero's beliefs and code will be tested, and change over time!
  • DANGER! Players can add trouble to the hero's adventure, and earn rewards as a result!
  • RATINGS! The new popularity system lets players choose what cast members return more often, while still providing room for surprises!
  • SEQUELS! Just because the hero's adventures are over doesn't mean it's time for an ending! The new sequel rules, exclusive to the (^^)b Edition, lets you take a member of the supporting cast and make a whole new adventure!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Covok posted:

Also, got this:

Transformations are called Reloads:

First Reload, the Pistol, gives you a gaseous aura of a particular colors and awakens a unique psychic power. Your general control of base psychic powers also increases as do your physical capabilities.

Second Reload, the Rifle, gives you ephemeral aura of your color and strengths your unique psychic power to its next logical conclusion. You become tougher in addition to the benefits of the First Reload.

Third Reload, the RPG, gives you an ephemeral mecha suit of your color and brings your unique power to its logical extreme, within reason. It becomes harder to hit your inside your ephemeral suit, alongside the benefits of the previous Reloads.

I love reloading
Theres nothing like sliding a long silver bullet into a well oiled chamber

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I thought I could just sign up any time before February.

OH WELL, guess I'll follow Rangpur around and give him helpful suggestions about how his RPG needs to involve booster packs of CCG cards!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kowloon

Once, this town was a criminal cesspool.

A band of 5 police academy rookies swore an oath: they would cleanse the town of the corruption at its heart. At great personal cost, and the life of their leader, they did. Now, without their guiding heart, the surviving 4 have succumbed to the power they hold.

Now masked teams stalk the streets, dragging off petty criminals for reeducation. The people whisper their opinions in their own homes, glancing over their shoulders to check if a red-eyed boogeyman is watching through the window.

It is your time. Are you a fresh-faced academy graduate, looking to make a difference? A survivor of the criminal gangs, disgusted at what the city has become? The Society of Guan Yu organizes in secret, bridging between officer and 49er, collecting those with the power to change the city.

You can make a difference. But to what end?

K Prime fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 30, 2017

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

K Prime posted:

Kowloon

Once, this town was a criminal cesspool.

A band of 5 police academy rookies swore an oath: they would cleanse the town of the corruption at its heart. At great personal cost, and the life of their leader, they did. Now, without their guiding heart, the surviving 4 have succumbed to the power they hold.

Now masked teams stalk the streets, dragging off petty criminals for reeducation. The people whisper their opinions in their own homes, glancing over their shoulders to check if a red-eyed boogeyman is watching through the window.

It is your time. Are you a fresh-faced academy graduate, looking to make a difference? A survivor of the criminal gangs, disgusted at what the city has become? The Society of Guan Yu organizes in secret, bridging between officer and 49er, collecting those with the power to change the city.

You can make a difference. But to what end?

Ooh, I also like this one! Sounds kind of toku meets HK action cop movies.

Don't forget your late pass stuff.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Fanfic
The Kowloon City Shuffle

"You've gotta be kidding me," says Victor Wang. "They got Sonny?"

The young woman sitting at the other end of the table, idly spinning her badge between her fingers, nods grimly. Her name is Sapphire Lo, and it's her 2nd year as a beat cop. "Just grabbed him off the street and vanished him. I only heard because Captain Hu was laughing it up in the break room. 'We'll make him sing,' he said."

"poo poo," says Victor, pursing his fingers over a glass of more than slightly illegal moonshine. "I knew him when he was just a punk. He broke easy then and he'll do it now. We never should have brought him in."

"Too late for regrets, Vic," says Sapphire. "What do we do?"

Victor stares at the drink. Takes it. Pours another. "You'll have to take me in."

"What?"

"Take me in. I won't break and they'll think they've got everybody. Sonny's word against you will get dismissed as him trying to bring you down with us. It's our only choice."

"Are you sure?" says Sapphire, badge doing a complex and pensive figure eight. "You'll be dead before anybody can help you."

Victor nods, slowly. "Yeah. I've had my run. Someone's gotta survive this."

Sapphire pauses a moment. Slowly stands. Clips the badge back on her waist. "Then by the power vested in me by the Kowloon Harmonious Police, I place you under arrest. May the gods have mercy on both our souls."

A wan smile crosses Victor's face. "I'd prefer mercy on my body, but I'll take what I can get."

K Prime fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 30, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Soundninja I put a less lovely logo on my submission!

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Yeah, I added a lovely logo to mine. Pretty basic stuff, but this is an exciting contest.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Soundninja I put a less lovely logo on my submission!

Hedningen posted:

Yeah, I added a lovely logo to mine. Pretty basic stuff, but this is an exciting contest.

YOUR WISHES SHALL BE GRANTED, as soon as I get the chance to sit at the computer.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Okay, I think I'm caught up. Anyone mind checking and letting me know if there is anything I am missing?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Upon further thought I probably shouldn't have put my name on this at the same time I've been looking for jobs. So at this point I'll have to formally drop out, but I'll still hope to work on things nonetheless by the parameters given. :(

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

NGDBSS posted:

Upon further thought I probably shouldn't have put my name on this at the same time I've been looking for jobs. So at this point I'll have to formally drop out, but I'll still hope to work on things nonetheless by the parameters given. :(

Best of luck to you, my friend. Or break legs. Whichever one works for you...

EDIT: I've removed you from the list of participants, to thin it out a bit.

TheSoundNinja fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 30, 2017

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

A long time ago, the alien Fused invaded. The old nations fought, but one by one they fell.

The Fused ruled for decades, but the resistance fought back. Brave heroes finally forced the Fused's leaders to abandon Earth, leaving Man to their own devices. But some in the resistance had other ideas, and soon Man had simply traded one autocrat for another.

That was twenty years ago.

You live outside the Dominion's cities, in the ruins and battle-scarred countryside where the remaining free peoples live simple lives. The Alien War mattered little to you. But then you and your friends found the Base: a forgotten remnant of the War, full of Human and Fused technology. Tech you can use to help others. Tech that can make you into something more.

Can you bring peace to the survivors and help heal the world? Or will you become another weapon of war?

---

DEVADERS is a post-apocalyptic game where the players discover a Base full of tech from an alien invasion and use it to help people. Players tell stories about the Alien War and the heroes of the resistance to decide what the Base is, what's inside, what the alien races that make up the Fused were like, and what Dominion forces want to stop them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thirty years ago, the world was united under the peaceful reign of the Pan-Ultimate Masters, the heads of the great Culinary Schools. One young man set out to master all of the Culinary Styles and become the Legendary Souper Chef. One by one he mastered the Schools, creating dishes that made the old Masters weep. When his journey was complete, he discovered there was one final technique, a forbidden one.

By learning Ultimate Flavor he did become the Legendary Souper Chef, but in the process it drove him mad. Now, flavor is outlawed and cooking is forbidden, only prepackaged Fud remains.

In secret, you have learned from one of the remaining Pan-Ultimate Masters in the arts of Fusion Cuisine, the only thing that can defeat Ultimate Flavor. Now you wander the land and return the Joy of Cooking to the people. Can you defeat the Legendary Souper Chef? Bon Appetit!

Details
Don't have any yet. It's probably going to be storygamey as hell though.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 31, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://youtu.be/1LbWWx80ZPA

Have you decided on a name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

God I forgot about that show. Also not really, if I don't think of one by the end of the contest we'll just go with Joy of Cooking.

• Locked thread