Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kha'zix objective control with that evolved q is lights out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Like right now I would absolutely bet that CLG wins game 2 against C9 because they have Kha.

Edit: Also I bet that Repeared doesn't tell Sneaky to go the lovely lethality build on Varus.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Man pro jungle and adc have such a small boring pool of champs right now. I'm glad the other roles have a good bit of variety but I wish Maokai wasn't as prolific but that's definitely because I just find him boring as hell personally.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

EGSunBro posted:

Man pro jungle and adc have such a small boring pool of champs right now. I'm glad the other roles have a good bit of variety but I wish Maokai wasn't as prolific but that's definitely because I just find him boring as hell personally.

I don't know that it's so much that they have small pools as that they don't have bad matchups. Like Maokai is certainly prolific, and he should be favored, but I don't think he completely chokes out the top lane pool the way Kha is doing to jungle

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Honest question but like is the reason for blue side winning overwhelmingly still golems? I wanna say that DotA had or has a similar problem where Radiant (bot) side won way more than topside of the map but it was more perspective and not some kind of jungle advantage.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i think thers just a lot of broken poo poo to pick if you're blue side

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Honest question but like is the reason for blue side winning overwhelmingly still golems? I wanna say that DotA had or has a similar problem where Radiant (bot) side won way more than topside of the map but it was more perspective and not some kind of jungle advantage.
You mean the old botlane golem start? Krugs spawn far too late, and would take too long to kill anyway. I think they give way less experience now, too.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

stump collector posted:

i think thers just a lot of broken poo poo to pick if you're blue side

Specifically you either get to pick Kha'zix, who far outperforms everyone but Rengar in the current pro meta beyond what any other pick does against their commonly available lane opponents, or you ban him out and get a large advantage in a side lane and take first turret off of that.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Killed By Death posted:

You mean the old botlane golem start? Krugs spawn far too late, and would take too long to kill anyway. I think they give way less experience now, too.

Yeah, I don't think it's a factor, but my question is is it because blue side gets picks/bans first or???

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Yeah, I don't think it's a factor, but my question is is it because blue side gets picks/bans first or???

It's because blue picks first. Currently it means that blue has three bans and red has zero.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

EGSunBro posted:

Maybe I just haven't seen a lot of Rengar but Kha'Zix seems way more powerful and oppressive than him. Even if he doesn't win Kha just tears through everything and he is basically guaranteed for blue side since red prioritizes the Rengar/Camille/LB trio ban. Like first pick Kha'Zix seems like a free win which is I guess the benefit of being the 4th best champ.

Rengar is Khazix except unkillable. Camille is the strongest piece of poo poo in the game ATM but Rengar is the very clear second. Kha'zix is perfectly defeatable, losing as Rengar means you're not cut out to be a competitive pro jungler.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
I guess teams are getting the hang of pick/ban because it is already becoming boring and predictable.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I predict C9 wins because they have Kha.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Crazy Larry posted:

I predict C9 wins because they have Kha.

Remains to be seen, but don't be so sure. Last time this match was played out C9 had a cass to massively outDPS ori and varus. Kat is much easier for this team to counter, and it was Jensen who carried game 1.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
wow phreak is annoying as hell haha!!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
that was actually pretty entertaining, good game from impact

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
So is riot just waiting for spring split to be over before they nerf camille/lb/rengar/kha or do they just not care that the game is dominated by those 4 at the pro level?

Admittedly I don't think I've seen LB at all so I don't really know for sure why she's considered equal to those 2.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Camille is literally getting every single skill nerfed next patch. Rengar and K6 have some nerfs incoming. I forget what they have in store for lebonk, but they're taking steps to address how broken they are.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Oh ok. I just know they didn't touch Camille at all in the newest patch which I thought was weird, but I both don't know how frequent patches are or how we already know what's being nerfed in them so I'll shut up about it. I'd just like to see red side have a chance in pro games.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Camille nerfs will probably not be enough; Rengar losing CC immunity and LeBlanc losing significant damage during laning will be big though

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

EGSunBro posted:

Oh ok. I just know they didn't touch Camille at all in the newest patch which I thought was weird, but I both don't know how frequent patches are or how we already know what's being nerfed in them so I'll shut up about it. I'd just like to see red side have a chance in pro games.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/

Check the PBE (Public Beta Environment) section. Riot tests champion changes live there.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Transient People posted:

http://www.surrenderat20.net/

Check the PBE (Public Beta Environment) section. Riot tests champion changes live there.

Thanks, I've been away from League for a few years and I kinda forgot the PBE was a thing.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Firebert posted:

The Camille nerfs will probably not be enough; Rengar losing CC immunity and LeBlanc losing significant damage during laning will be big though

Ya imo her entire kit is overloaded with utility + dmg + mobility. Riot nerfing a few of the numbers, increasing mana cost, decreasing dmg won't be enough. Hopefully Kha gets nerfed he is so annoying and basically easier version of Rengar. Rengar might be stronger because he can go bruiser after 2 items and still 1 shot people but Kha is alot easier to play imo.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

wait so is Dignitas just 4 korean? imports + xspecial

edit: oh lod is american i guess.

why did i think i remembered his name from some international thing. oh well

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jan 30, 2017

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

wait so is Dignitas just 4 korean? imports + xspecial

edit: oh lod is american i guess.

why did i think i remembered his name from some international thing. oh well

something something racist something something masturbating to tristana on stream something.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Apparently SKT going to start streaming on Twitch as of tomorrow. Bang already tweeted his channel and said their contract with azubu is over.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ulio posted:

Apparently SKT going to start streaming on Twitch as of tomorrow. Bang already tweeted his channel and said their contract with azubu is over.

https://www.twitch.tv/lol_peanut

Peanut is streaming now.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Oh ya I totally forgot its already the first in Korean time. Bang, Peanut and Huni are all streaming.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That's actually awesome.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I think they all finished streaming now. Faker will apparently stream this Friday because that's when his contract ends with Azubu. Peanut hit 20k+ viewers but he was already famous on Twitch. I want to see how many people watch Faker's first stream.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ulio posted:

I think they all finished streaming now. Faker will apparently stream this Friday because that's when his contract ends with Azubu. Peanut hit 20k+ viewers but he was already famous on Twitch. I want to see how many people watch Faker's first stream.

It will be like 75k at least.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

No joke I am worried about Faker once he retires or League dies. He seems like a prime candidate to lose purpose and get lost in a pile of cocaine once he isn't playing LoL 14 hours a day

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Shadow225 posted:

No joke I am worried about Faker once he retires or League dies. He seems like a prime candidate to lose purpose and get lost in a pile of cocaine once he isn't playing LoL 14 hours a day

He said he is going to go into the sciences after playing, he will probably cure cancer or put people on Mars or something.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Shadow225 posted:

Why are you worried ? He will retire with enough money to buy cocaine for a very long time.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If someone can frame curing cancer as like a real life MOBA Faker will cure it within a week

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
So uuuh I'm watching peanut on twitch and someone called j3wkiller just made 3 donations amounting to 3.5k.

Can these the twitch donations be faked? Chat is going nuts

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

el dingo posted:

So uuuh I'm watching peanut on twitch and someone called j3wkiller just made 3 donations amounting to 3.5k.

I think you can do a chargeback equivalent on PayPal. I don't know the rammifications or frequency. I hear that female streamers will get donations basically asking for nudes, and they lose the money plus some when they refuse because the donator will retract his donation. Take that with a grain of salt as I don't stream or accept donations.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

el dingo posted:

They can't be faked, but the donations can end up being fraudulent or the person could chargeback/say it was fraudulent later and Peanut wouldn't get the money. Which is unfortunately more common on the giant donations.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Probably that then. A shame, but to him the money would be...

Peanuts

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I remember rush getting 5.5k or something once but don't remember if the guy ever refunded that transaction. Well I am sure peanut is making good money and this twitch stream will help him make more.

Nice to LCK players getting so many views. If they stream at the same time often they will develop good following. I never believed the Korean streamers aren't as popular as Americans. Rush and Peanut already had successful streams even Maknoon a few years ago. I think the key thing is consistent even boring streamers like IWD or Dyrus have huge numbers because they've been streaming at a consistent basis. I also never bought the Koreans don't like streaming. Faker use to stream a lot on Azubu only times he didn't stream was during finals playoffs or international events.

Peanut is really fun to watch and he speaks in English sometimes. I am just hyped for Faker's stream. Don't need to cyberbully faker to watch his stream anymore.

• Locked thread