Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Can we please change the thread title to TNA NXT Discussion & GDT?

I'm severely triggered by the current thread title.

Let's listen to Roderick Strong's NXT theme which doesn't sound like a TNA theme. Oh wait it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I liked Bbby Roode's performance in the main event and am fine with him holding the title.

Eric Young is kinda dumb looking though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Let's listen to Roderick Strong's NXT theme which doesn't sound like a TNA theme. Oh wait it does.

Hahahahaha keep reaching bud

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

rovert posted:

Nakamura has theme music. Do you know where else has theme music?

That's right, AAA.

wait poo poo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rovert posted:

NXT themes have been bad knockoffs for a while which was also a WCW thing too. Carmella and Bayley both have knockoffs and neither were TNA superstars?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The most important thing that separates NXT from TNA is that it is managed by a competent company.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tokamak posted:

The most important thing that separates NXT from TNA is that it is managed by a competent company.
Now THAT is a stretch

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
What Rovert is saying is that NXT has gotten lazy and uncompelling outside of PPVs which have dream matches and a bunch of matches that have no good build and have relied on the audience to make up the stories in their heads instead of showing character development and motivations. Would it have killed them in the months of lead up to Sanity to explain who they were instead of just playing the same promo for months on end? Or have Auska and Nakamura work more than Takeover and squash matches?

This is a troubling trend that needs to be righted, along with pushing out the near 40 year old talent for the young talent that they have in the PC. Hell they should take out of NJPW notebooks and start booking big multiman matches in the undercard or pick two of the more promising recruits and have them work like young lions over and over again until they get good enough to have a gimmick.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

RealFoxy posted:

NXT themes have been bad knockoffs for a while which was also a WCW thing too. Carmella and Bayley both have knockoffs and neither were TNA superstars?

What is Bayley's theme a knockoff of?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

What Rovert is saying is that NXT has gotten lazy and uncompelling outside of PPVs which have dream matches and a bunch of matches that have no good build and have relied on the audience to make up the stories in their heads instead of showing character development and motivations. Would it have killed them in the months of lead up to Sanity to explain who they were instead of just playing the same promo for months on end? Or have Auska and Nakamura work more than Takeover and squash matches?

This is a troubling trend that needs to be righted, along with pushing out the near 40 year old talent for the young talent that they have in the PC. Hell they should take out of NJPW notebooks and start booking big multiman matches in the undercard or pick two of the more promising recruits and have them work like young lions over and over again until they get good enough to have a gimmick.

Can he explain the logic behind the Asuka/Gail comparison though? Preferably in a way that doesn't sound racist.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Well, the current NXT champion's music is more over than he is. Generally the ringwork remains way better on NXT, and WWE project guys who came up before NXT still feel like yesterday's news in comparison.

The current WWE workrate I am seeing is still 2000-2001 levels of unsustainable to human bodies, so there is bound to be a course correction that fans will whine about.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Can he explain the logic behind the Asuka/Gail comparison though? Preferably in a way that doesn't sound racist.

I did:

rovert posted:

Same win/loss record. Similar suffocating presence on their Divsions given how strongly they are booked.

achillesforever6 posted:

Agreed.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

dont even fink about it posted:

Well, the current NXT champion's music is more over than he is. Generally the ringwork remains way better on NXT, and WWE project guys who came up before NXT still feel like yesterday's news in comparison.

The current WWE workrate I am seeing is still 2000-2001 levels of unsustainable to human bodies, so there is bound to be a course correction that fans will whine about.
Honestly I liked the Nakamura Roode match I just wished it had a better build (though having Roode earn in it a good four way elimination match was good) problem is the tropes they like have become really tiresome especially the god drat contract signings. Have them and the other singles feud fight in a tag match and tease the one on one confrontation at the Takeover.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly I liked the Nakamura Roode match I just wished it had a better build (though having Roode earn in it a good four way elimination match was good) problem is the tropes they like have become really tiresome especially the god drat contract signings. Have them and the other singles feud fight in a tag match and tease the one on one confrontation at the Takeover.

Cant wait for Asuka to beat local talent in 5 seconds or an actual NXT roster girl in 30 seconds at the next NXT taping.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

rovert posted:

Cant wait for Asuka to beat local talent in 5 seconds or an actual NXT roster girl in 30 seconds at the next NXT taping.
And for Ember Moon to not having plotline until 4 weeks before Takeover because it will be a dream match instead of an organic endpoint of Asuka's reign coming to an end from a worthy challenger.

Hopefully Nikki has her one on one match during the tapings and doesn't look like a chump while Ember I don't know beats one of the Australians for the #1 contendership of the title all with promos actually explaining who the gently caress Ember Moon beyond warrior princess with red contacts.

Does Full Sail take writing interns or creative writing classes, I have no experience but could probably make that my thesis. Though Full Sail is also a scam school from what I've heard so maybe its better if I just bitch about the booking.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

If that's what Rovert meant, then he's really bad at words because it looks like he's trying to connect some big conspiracy that Triple H is copying TNA

quote:

Same win/loss record. Similar suffocating presence on their Divsions given how strongly they are booked.
Gail Kim was pushed as being a major under-used WWE Castoff, like they did with most WWE Castoffs and they decided to rebuild their division specifically around her. Asuka was a world-class athlete who came into NXT right as everyone in the division who was established was leaving (Sasha, Bayley, Nia Jax with time, and Alexa Bliss) which left her with a brief feud with Bayley and a brief feud with Nia Jax then absolutely nobody because there wasn't anyone developed enough to be a threat to Asuka.

You're really, really reaching here just because they're both asian. Their circumstances for a winning streak are completely different. You'd be better off trying to compare Asuka to Matt Morgan.

The Senator Giroux posted:

What is Bayley's theme a knockoff of?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOubzHCUt48

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 30, 2017

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
roddys music does suck though thats spot on

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hey Rovert if you want to make an Asuka to TNA comparison, she's like Samoa Joe who was a huge name coming into a division with very little competition at their level

No Irish Need Imply posted:

roddys music does suck though thats spot on
It's a bad CFO$ version of Killswitch Engage which is funny because Killswitch Engage don't mind letting WWE use their music.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

IM ON TEAM SAMI ZAYN gently caress YES

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

wrong thread lol

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
NXT is bad.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

It's a sound alike of killswitch engage which he was using in the indies.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

nah its this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7HmzwI67ec

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

As usual, Rovert is correct other than his weird blind spot when it comes to race. NXT has become TNA as hell and it's not just the roster. The way they debut their indie guys in particular is the exact same way TNA would do "Oh my god, what is _______ doing in the Impact Zone?" and then having them go over established homegrown NXT guys. The tag division is the only reason I still watch and I'm even pissed off with that because they won't put my favourite large gentlemen, Otis Dozovic and Tucker Knight, Heavy Machinery, on television where they belong.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

The tag division is the only reason I still watch and I'm even pissed off with that because they won't put my favourite large gentlemen, Otis Dozovic and Tucker Knight, Heavy Machinery, on television where they belong.

With TM61 out and DIY already beat my hope is that we somehow get AoP/Heavy Machinery at Takeover Orlando and the greatest hossfight of our time.

It's probably gonna be a DIY rematch but I dare to dream.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

John Dudebro posted:

With TM61 out and DIY already beat my hope is that we somehow get AoP/Heavy Machinery at Takeover Orlando and the greatest hossfight of our time.

It's probably gonna be a DIY rematch but I dare to dream.

Since it looks like Revival aren't going up yet, my prediction is some sort of multi-team. Revival/DIY/AoP with the Revival/DIY putting on a great match and the AoP coming in to wreck poo poo up like Cena/Rollins/Lesnar would be cool.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I heard NXT is still looking at Hojo and Shirai. I don't know why they'd want to hire Asuka two more times though, she already has a contract.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

You are all forgetting the things that actually differentiate TNA:

Bad wrestling
Awful characters
Terrible writing
The years-long sound of a toilet flushing

Of course NXT looks like TNA. TNA has been poor man's WWE for almost its entire run. You can't steal booking tropes that were yours to begin with.

WWE has brought in a lot of guys who should have been wrestling for them like 10 years ago. It's not terribly surprising or inexplicable that these heavily-established good wrestlers consistently go over the Mojo Rawley of the week.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Roderick Strong intruiges me. He seems like the most vanilla of dudes but something tells me he could carve out a Malenkoesque niche for himself on the main roster.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MacDougall posted:

Roderick Strong intruiges me. He seems like the most vanilla of dudes but something tells me he could carve out a Malenkoesque niche for himself on the main roster.

If they allow him to be a heel he is one of the most hate able dudes ever. Him as the never ending heel champ of PWG is one of my favorite things I have witnessed in wrestling. Also dude has been wrestling forever and is straight up great in the ring.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just wanna say Nikki Cross is my spirit animal and I'm looking forward to the inevitable murder fest between her, Asuka and Ember Moon.

Also Roode as NXT champion is weird. It's like they actually gave Tyler Breeze a run.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

MacDougall posted:

Never thought about that comparison but it's not a bad one at all.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wow you guys all give rovert poo poo for saying gail and asuka are similar because they're both asian but now apparently roddy is dean malenko because they're both white guys with brown hair?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I heard NXT is still looking at Hojo and Shirai. I don't know why they'd want to hire Asuka two more times though, she already has a contract.

I mean, she's the best worker in the company, so I'd take a few more.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Well frankly I'm surprised Bull Nakano is still wrestling, though you might know her better as Manami Toyota.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Roddy is far more handsome and powerful than Stinko Malenko could ever dream to be

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
If NXT is becoming TNA, then when is Scott Steiner coming in to teach everybody maths?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Dr. Dirt posted:

If NXT is becoming TNA, then when is Scott Steiner coming in to teach everybody maths?

He just missed his arch-nemesis Smo' Joe! Now we'll never know how heavy or not the guy is! :smith:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sex Tourism: Ceman Across The Philippines https://twitter.com/jzzafe/status/826203280640352256

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/826472953365798912 https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/826475730221539328

• Locked thread