Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Pelicans should host a fan event where they present a world record largest ever King Cake, then have King Cake Baby pop out of it and scare half the crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

goddamn that's even more horrifying than the costume

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

New Orleans is the only city in the South that I would move to in a fuckin heartbeat. Live out my wildest treme fantasies.

I've been to every major city in the US and New Orleans is in fact the best.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Niwrad posted:

Boston and Chicago should really work out a trade for Butler. Would make the league so much more interesting. Boston becomes a legit contender with the trade and it's the only team that has the assets so Chicago can get equal value in the deal.

Man it astounds how you continually post stupid crap

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

attackmole posted:

goddamn that's even more horrifying than the costume

And I won't be able to get one due to dinner with my uncle and his family for his birthday. He was basically my second dad after mine passed away when I was younger. If he was any less important than that, I'd be at that game to get that bobble head.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tae posted:

The Lakers have a surplus of young talent bigs. Ingram is basically their only upside wing guy on the roster at the moment.

This is accurate to the point that even if the Lakers are happy with Ingram at the end of the season (which I think they ultimately are and will be) they're probably going to have a hard time passing on Josh Jackson at #2 or #3 because they don' have another real wing on the roster besides Ingram and Deng.

I think the question "can Lou Williams or Nick Young play the three" has now been thoroughly answered "no."

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Spacebump posted:

Things like this are part of why New Orleans owns. I wish I had a reason to still live there.

Me too.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lessail posted:

Man it astounds how you continually post stupid crap

What don't you like? Bulls need to re-build and Celtics should go all-in while Horford and Thomas are still in their primes.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Does New Orleans still do those Mardi Gras uniforms now that they are the Pelicans?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

What don't you like? Bulls need to re-build and Celtics should go all-in while Horford and Thomas are still in their primes.

He doesn't like the fact that you posted something that would result in the Celtics getting better

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kibner posted:

And I won't be able to get one due to dinner with my uncle and his family for his birthday. He was basically my second dad after mine passed away when I was younger. If he was any less important than that, I'd be at that game to get that bobble head.

*Nods* You're doing the right thing, Son. And I'd slap you upside the head if you placed more importance on a Chuckie bobblehead than family.

Chuckie......someone put Chuck's head on that.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Zubac looks like he might be something.

With time and proper training he will eventually become Golbac.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ChickenMedium posted:

With time and proper training he will eventually become Golbac.

Hahaha

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Niwrad posted:

Does New Orleans still do those Mardi Gras uniforms now that they are the Pelicans?

Yeah. I complained about their awful Mardi Gras shirseys many times last season.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

He doesn't like the fact that you posted something that would result in the Celtics getting better

God how I wish for them to not win a playoff series again so that finally questions will be raised about golden boy brad

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Mr. Mambold posted:

*Nods* You're doing the right thing, Son. And I'd slap you upside the head if you placed more importance on a Chuckie bobblehead than family.

Chuckie......someone put Chuck's head on that.

"You'll never win a championship with a jumpshooting team..."

*owner frantically tries to rip out batteries of the doll only to discover that there ARE NO BATTERIES*

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lessail posted:

God how I wish for them to not win a playoff series again so that finally questions will be raised about golden boy brad

I feel like Ainge needs to be talked about first and that isn't happening. You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If I were the Celtics I'd want to see how badly IT gets exploited in the playoffs before I go all-in on a big trade. Celtics were a disappointing first round exit last year and I wonder how they'll look when you have an opposing coaching staff focusing on getting the switches they want.

In other news, Wiggins continues to be awesome (his link goes to Trudeau's commitment to take in refugees US won't).
https://twitter.com/22wiggins/status/825586105177104384

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Rick posted:

I feel like Ainge needs to be talked about first and that isn't happening. You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Well yeah good things don't happen in this world so the Celtics will win a series

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/Eddie_Rado/status/825814593041731586

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lessail posted:

Brad's a nice guy who is good to his players. Leave Brad alone! Just stop it!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Brad Stevens is the best 13 year old coach in the nba

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I can't really see any reason why Ainge would be in the hot seat. Why would he need to be talked about?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Libertine posted:

I can't really see any reason why Ainge would be in the hot seat. Why would he need to be talked about?

I think it's because he's really aggressive in using the media to try and tilt deals his way (GODFATHER) and it's annoying as hell

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lessail posted:

I think it's because he's really aggressive in using the media to try and tilt deals his way (GODFATHER) and it's annoying as hell

He does his job well?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Dexo posted:

He does his job well?

Well, that godfather deal didn't happen and he couldn't get a deal the last draft done.

I just want the Celtics to become the Suns where no one cares about them ok

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Femur posted:

Zogo, does Lebron get FT opportunities at a higher rather than other superstars? and do they all pail next to Jordan? Do you just use FTA/FGA or usuage or something to figure this out?

The basic one is FTr and that's FTA/FGA. LBJ doesn't go to the line at an especially high rate or anything. Jordan went to the line even less. Centers/bigger guys get fouled more per FGA.

FTr for top 100 MP guys in NBA/ABA:
code:
FTr	Player
0.61	Dikembe Mutombo
0.57	Shaquille O'Neal
0.57	David Robinson
0.57	Moses Malone
0.55	Charles Barkley
0.55	Adrian Dantley
0.54	Artis Gilmore
0.52	Walt Bellamy
0.51	Buck Williams
0.50	Detlef Schrempf
0.50	Wilt Chamberlain
0.50	Karl Malone
0.48	Magic Johnson
0.48	Lenny Wilkens
0.47	Paul Silas

0.42	LeBron James
0.35 	Michael Jordan

0.25	Ray Allen
0.25	Larry Bird
0.25	Glen Rice
0.25	Derek Harper
0.25	Jason Kidd
0.24	Rashard Lewis
0.24	Alex English
0.23	Gary Payton
0.23	Mike Bibby
0.23	Rasheed Wallace
0.22	Dale Ellis
0.21	Jason Terry
0.20	Michael Finley
0.19	Joe Johnson
0.19	Shawn Marion
LeBron gets 2.3 PFs per 48 minutes which is very low:

code:
PF/48	Player
2.08	Wilt Chamberlain
2.26	Allen Iverson
2.28	Michael Finley
2.29	LeBron James
2.29	Latrell Sprewell
2.43	Joe Johnson
2.45	Jamal Crawford
2.46	Jason Kidd
2.49	Joe Dumars
2.49	Steve Nash

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets got spanked by the Pacers tonight

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Man gently caress you Raptors you're straight up garbage rear end poo poo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
reminder that ths all-star game was supposed to be in charlotte lol

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

the wiz are doing dece

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lessail posted:

It's obnoxious AF I won't argue with that, but it's just part of the gig, get all the leverage you can whatever way you can.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

So Masai won't change anything during the season, will he actually have the balls to change this poo poo team in the offseason?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/825835625542729728

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

You can't have our GOAT, LeBron

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm willing to trade Gar Foreman for any one else's GM

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I wonder if Billy King would trade himself

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Lessail posted:

Man gently caress you Raptors you're straight up garbage rear end poo poo

It's true

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Raptors have lost every game Sullinger has played in :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

It was probably a garbage rear end trade that the Cavs thought would be perfect to get them a backup point. Bet it had James Jones as part of the deal.

• Locked thread