Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The other car was a police cruiser that had just been stolen. The driver did not survive.

Someone is going around and trying to kill everyone on SA's most hated players list. :tinfoil:

:nms: Miami Herald has video of the aftermath.

Kevlar v2.0 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Craptacular! posted:

They crushed the hell out of that last year, because they began selling family plans that offer almost no savings at all. They also stepped up their VPN detection game, but probably 70% of the huge banwave last season was specifically for account sharing, the other 30 for blackout circumventing.

For what it's worth I didn't have any issues using it everyday last year in my group. I didn't use a VPN though since they didn't have blackouts for Canadians.

I am in for a share again, but I shouldn't buy because of my inferior currency.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

people got busted for sharing mlb.tv last season? what did mlb do?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I thought it was just people who were loving around with a VPN on their phone?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Abel Wingnut posted:

people got busted for sharing mlb.tv last season? what did mlb do?

Started suspending accounts if they thought it was breaking rules or whatever.

I think it was mostly for vpn though.

I'm not too worried this year because it sounds like I'll finally be able to watch on fox sports go.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Do the Angels have a prospect in the top 100? Should they draft another college catcher that projects as 1b/DH?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Good Dog posted:

Do the Angels have a prospect in the top 100? Should they draft another college catcher that projects as 1b/DH?

They are no longer the consensus worst system in baseball, so there's that.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

tadashi posted:

They are no longer the consensus worst system in baseball, so there's that.

Is it just now debatable they're the worst in baseball?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/aubrey_huff/status/825889581027385344

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/825932939699445760

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The coup de gras

https://twitter.com/AlexPavlovic/status/825935554701201408

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Fuckin lol

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

What a goddamn idiot.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So glad Ken Tremendous came back to twitter.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/825913321668870144

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think this guy gets how WAR works

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't think this guy gets how WAR works

I'm on a level where you could easily replace me.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Bartolo averaged 108 pitches per start for 5 straight years (1998-2002) and he is still pitching in major league baseball in the year 2017.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

When the Yankees signed Bartolo back in 2011 I honestly thought he was going to flame out by like June and then ride off into the sunset. That was six years ago

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

People need to learn to take screenshots of tweets instead of linking them, because the Huff tweet was destined to be immediately deleted.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Bartolo averaged 108 pitches per start for 5 straight years (1998-2002) and he is still pitching in major league baseball in the year 2017.

Bartolo Colon is probably the most unique pitcher from both a physical standpoint, and a pitching repertoire standpoint. The guy almost exclusively throws fastballs

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Some Numbers posted:

My best friend and I got a 20 game pack of Mariners' tickets.

I am so ready to be disappointed by my team for the 16th year in a row.

Flex pack or one of the plans? We're an A plan 20 game sth

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
David Ross is joining ESPN as an analyst. He will even be in the booth a little bit.

http://wgntv.com/2017/01/30/retired-cubs-catcher-david-ross-joins-espn-as-baseball-analyst/

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Paul Zuvella posted:

People need to learn to take screenshots of tweets instead of linking them, because the Huff tweet was destined to be immediately deleted.

Deadspin has them preserved in text form, at least.

http://deadspin.com/aubrey-huff-tells-protesters-to-get-a-job-1791778234

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Paul Zuvella posted:

Bartolo Colon is probably the most unique pitcher from both a physical standpoint, and a pitching repertoire standpoint. The guy almost exclusively throws fastballs

That MLB The Show experiment where the guy turned every player in the league into Bartolo and there proceeded to be only a single walk issued the entire season across all of baseball is a good indicator of the Bartolo Colon experience.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Your Taint posted:

David Ross is joining ESPN as an analyst. He will even be in the booth a little bit.

http://wgntv.com/2017/01/30/retired-cubs-catcher-david-ross-joins-espn-as-baseball-analyst/

How will he be able to juggle his job as an ESPN analyst and the demanding role of "special assistant to baseball operations" with the Cubs???

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cardinals to send two draft picks and $2 million to the Astros for the hack

The Cardinal Way

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

At least it's the year in which our two best picks are 50 and 75

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

How will he be able to juggle his job as an ESPN analyst and the demanding role of "special assistant to baseball operations" with the Cubs???

Maybe he can train one of the interns to fetch coffee in his absence.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I hope those two draft picks turn out to be Hall of Famers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

This surprises me quite a bit and I bet the other AL West teams are going to be furious, both because of the extra picks and because of the increased draft pool

What a huge penalty. Since the hack occured before the Cards signed Fowler, the #20 pick should retroactively go to the Astros and his signing costs them #75 IMO :colbert:

Also my favorite Bartolo thing is that he outlasted Turner field

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

That MLB The Show experiment where the guy turned every player in the league into Bartolo and there proceeded to be only a single walk issued the entire season across all of baseball is a good indicator of the Bartolo Colon experience.

Bartolo is the loving best, in corporeal and virtual form.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Without checking I'm going to assume Jon Bois did it

e: Oh man I just realized, I need to keep a tab open to BestFansStLouis after this

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Carlosologist posted:

When the Yankees signed Bartolo back in 2011 I honestly thought he was going to flame out by like June and then ride off into the sunset. That was six years ago

This reminds me of when the Detroit Red Wings traded for Chris Chelios midseason when Chelios was already 37. I don't think many people thought it was anything more than a short-term move. He played for the Red Wings for another 9 seasons.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

Without checking I'm going to assume Jon Bois did it

Nope, it wasn't even a staff writer as far as I can tell.

http://www.amazinavenue.com/2016/7/13/12170246/a-league-of-bartolo-colons

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Sydin posted:

In case you want to read it again (I assume all of you have already read it multiple times, because if not why not?)

E: FB

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Feels light to me honestly. Sure is convenient the punishment came down the year the Cardinals have no first round picks to give up. I get that picks are picks and losing their first two regardless of the round hurts, but imo it's become clear the Cardinals directly benefited in terms of draft picks by hacking the Astros, and the punishment should have been more along the lines of forfeiting multiple first round picks going forward.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I agree that it is a light punishment. I have to believe that other teams are curious as to why the Astros are getting the picks rather than the picks just disappearing.

I thought it would be multi-year with several draft picks and quite a bit more money.

I'd like to hear comments from other GM's on this. I'm sure they will come out.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If the picks had just disappeared, I could see them eating multiple first rounders as a penalty. However, you can't just give the Astros a bunch of extra firsts, that would be patently unfair to the rest of the AL West. I'm shocked the Astros are getting anything other than the huge fine

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

the password was eckstein123

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

tfw the goofy lovable vet who carried your favorite team to its first title in 50+ years has bad political opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/BestFansStLouis/status/825779278080069632

lol

• Locked thread