Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i guess every room is an overstatement. ours looked just like that but we had way more than 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm so old, when I was in high school, we listened to Pearl Harbor live on the radio

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I'm so old, when I was in high school, we listened to Pearl Harbor live on the radio

cuba good jr. was ok in that movie. not great.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Facebook Aunt posted:

Woah, your school had TVs in every room? Look at Richie Rich here, going to some fancy rich kid school.

The TVs in my school looked like this, and there were like 5 for the whole school. Teachers had to book 'em. Even if we had the TV that day it wouldn't have mattered what was on the news, because we didn't have cable hook ups in the class rooms, and the cart TV had no antenna. All you could watch was pre-recorded videos.

Okay, I graduated in 1990 so maybe they had more by 2001. gently caress I'm old.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Attended a multi generation single room schoolhouse, so the only thing we saw live was when Old Man Swenson had a barn fall on him and they brought him to town.

Just a chalkboard, really poor chalk.

That day is still burned into my memory, my lunch pail had two baked potatoes and some bread.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Why would a high schooler be listening to the radio on a school day?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Montalvo posted:

Why would a high schooler be listening to the radio on a school day?

Bc two f*cking airplanes flew into the goddamn world trade center

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
It's must see TV!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Woah, your school had TVs in every room? Look at Richie Rich here, going to some fancy rich kid school.

The TVs in my school looked like this, and there were like 5 for the whole school. Teachers had to book 'em. Even if we had the TV that day it wouldn't have mattered what was on the news, because we didn't have cable hook ups in the class rooms, and the cart TV had no antenna. All you could watch was pre-recorded videos.

Okay, I graduated in 1990 so maybe they had more by 2001. gently caress I'm old.

They used to wheel those things in and show all these crappy Disney movies like benji that gave me migraines. Like god drat just let me read a drat book, how much educational value does watching benji for the 15th time have anyways? :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

They used to wheel those things in and show all these crappy Disney movies like benji that gave me migraines. Like god drat just let me read a drat book, how much educational value does watching benji for the 15th time have anyways? :shrug:

Once got Harry and the Hendersons. In french class. Come on, at least get a french movie or a movie with french subtitles or something. Make an effort.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i had a high school film class where we spent a full class period listening to our teacher's son describe The Matrix Reloaded over speaker phone

edit: only tangentially related, but here it stays

china bot fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 30, 2017

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

In middle school they brought one of those TVs into our class and we watched Watership Down one day.

That's my story.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Facebook Aunt posted:

Hahaha..... I teach in one of the most underfunded schools in our area and even though the middle school teachers like myself were told to keep the wall-mounted tvs off (and don't show Channel 1 news during homeroom) and keep hush about it, we had these things called computers hooked up to the internet and kids found out about the whole thing anyhow.

Then, I went home and lolled at the SA 9/11 thread.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I had the day off from school for some reason and was sitting at home playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 with my dad watching TV behind me as all the poo poo went down. Just keep skating.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
8:00 am college film class. The hippy grad student ducked her head in an said "the space shuttle just flew up." Big fuckin deal I thought.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Chlamyllionaire posted:

8:00 am college film class. The hippy grad student ducked her head in an said "the space shuttle flew up." Big fuckin deal I thought.

yeah it'd be a bigger deal if it flew sideways or down

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I was having my first gay experience with a classmate and he was sucking my penis right when the plane went into the Pentagon.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
jet fuel can't melt steel peen

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Carl Seitan posted:

In middle school they brought one of those TVs into our class and we watched Watership Down one day.

How much therapy did you require after this?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Candlelight Virgil posted:

I was having my first gay experience with a classmate and he was sucking my penis right when the plane went into the Pentagon.

Holy poo poo, the Westboro Church was right!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Make America Gay Again

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

I did the math and it really doesnt add up because going from 9k to 500k is not a 200% increase.

Ok they said "over" 200% so technically they are correct, although by accident.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

i'm the classmate

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

why would you want to reach a star youd burn up mad fast before even coming close lol

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

The heavenly anus.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Per aspera ad rear end in a top hat

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

My elementary school was pretty broke and we only had 5 movies. One was the animated Hobbit movie that was made in '77. Kinda heavy for a 1st grade class don't you think? I can't stand anything LOTR related because of it.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
That's not really how the saying goes.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol what a shabby rear end paraphrasing of an already dumb quote

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Quoting Churchill except to point out that he was a funny drunk before you're thirty means you have no heart. Misquoting Churchill to point out that you believe he had insight into something after you're thirty means you have no brain.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bonzo posted:

My elementary school was pretty broke and we only had 5 movies. One was the animated Hobbit movie that was made in '77. Kinda heavy for a 1st grade class don't you think? I can't stand anything LOTR related because of it.

I can't remember what it was but they had one where they said "drat" in it and we all thought it was the poo poo.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Tricky D posted:

Quoting Churchill except to point out that he was a funny drunk before you're thirty means you have no heart. Misquoting Churchill to point out that you believe he had insight into something after you're thirty means you have no brain.

it's an even older saying than that apparently. people are quite sure others pointed out this phenomenon of political views changing as you age well before him. pretty interesting actually i thought it was somewhat more modern.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

I can't remember what it was but they had one where they said "drat" in it and we all thought it was the poo poo.

It may have been Watership Down. Again, that is a lovely movie to show to 3rd graders. You go into it thinking "oh cool....cartoon rabbits" and then it turns to :stare: pretty quickly

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

thathonkey posted:

it's an even older saying than that apparently. people are quite sure others pointed out this phenomenon of political views changing as you age well before him. pretty interesting actually i thought it was somewhat more modern.

People mature with age and gain a broader and deeper perspective on life over time with the more knowledge of and exposure to the world at large they possess. Wizened village elders prized for leadership roles, horseless carriages and Hottentots terrify elderly; News at eleven.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I went to an almost brand new fancyish high school and graduated 3 years ago, and our TVs didn't have cable :colbert:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Gonna guess she never stopped growing sideways.

• Locked thread