Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Fulchrum posted:

The problem with heroes who fight giant apes on the moon is that they're poo poo if we need heroes who can fight neo Nazis here on earth.
She actually did once fight gentrification led by (Nazi) Hydra.

The writer of the comic, G. Willow Wilson, is herself a Muslim woman, so I wouldn't be surprised to see these topics engaged in the series (it they haven't been already, I haven't read it in a while).

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Wait, she's an Inhuman? How does someone who knows they were created by aliens and not Allah square that with faith?

The same way DC's Mr. Terrific can be an atheist, even though he lives in a world where the Greek deities are real and the literal biblical Wrath of God is running around in a green cape, punishing murderers in grimly ironic ways.

Seriously, though, there are lots of people who manage to square scientific understanding with religious faith.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

The first AGC Dry Bones ever?

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

So we're straight up never going to move past "Yes but what about Benghazi???" huh.
The thing is you have to bring out the big guns to obscure just how stupid the Trump line on crowd size is. It's so bad that some of Trump's partisans are blindly detaching themselves from reality:

quote:

Trump voters were overwhelmingly more likely than Clinton voters to say Obama’s photo was actually Trump’s. What’s more, 15 percent of Trump voters told the researchers there are actually more people in the photo from Trump’s inauguration—the one with big, bare white patches that are clearly be-peopled in Obama’s photo.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Lord Hydronium posted:

She actually did once fight gentrification led by (Nazi) Hydra.

The writer of the comic, G. Willow Wilson, is herself a Muslim woman, so I wouldn't be surprised to see these topics engaged in the series (it they haven't been already, I haven't read it in a while).

She got in a fight with the fascist super cops, as part of what I want to say was the newest crossover event. Precognative powers show that Kamala's friend is a future terrorist so they send him to the new Gitmo, which is set up in Jersey City and run by fascist teenage Aryan superheroes. Comic books rule. Our hero has to choose between being soft on crime and supporting an ubermensch police state without trials or lawyers.

Fulchrum posted:

The problem with heroes who fight giant apes on the moon is that they're poo poo if we need heroes who can fight neo Nazis here on earth.

From the early eighties:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

FreeKillB posted:

The thing is you have to bring out the big guns to obscure just how stupid the Trump line on crowd size is. It's so bad that some of Trump's partisans are blindly detaching themselves from reality:

Reading about human nature almost makes me wish for a nuclear winter.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

Reading about human nature almost makes me wish for a nuclear winter.

tbh that's better than we deserve

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Yeah but what does he think about MEXICANS?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

JaggerMcDagger posted:

President Trump is off to a good start. So far, he’s implementing his campaign promises and that’s very encouraging. The world may be shocked, but too bad. The world is used to the United States bowing and giving in to demands. Trump is a business man who knows a bad deal when he sees one. While Obama played checkers and lost, Trump plays 3D chess—and he plays to win. He wants America to win again. It’s very refreshing.
Ben Garrison

I love Garrison, even though I can't hear myself over the slurping as he goes hog wild on Trump's dick. Not even A.F Branco is this delusional. It's not so much that Garrison is divorced from reality, as that he murdered her, dismembered the body and buried the parts in the local landfill.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Great, now my mental image of that scene in The Shining is replaced by this.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mystic Mongol posted:

From the early eighties:

Why is Green Arrow there? And why is he trying to give Green Lantern the same look the black guy is?

Selachian posted:

The same way DC's Mr. Terrific can be an atheist, even though he lives in a world where the Greek deities are real and the literal biblical Wrath of God is running around in a green cape, punishing murderers in grimly ironic ways.

Seriously, though, there are lots of people who manage to square scientific understanding with religious faith.

You misunderstand. I am not questioning how someone who understands science can have faith - I have it myself. People can understand the how while still knowing God is the who and why. But she has the how, the who and the why of how her people were created. So why does she give benediction to an unrelated entity?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

JaggerMcDagger posted:

President Trump is off to a good start. So far, he’s implementing his campaign promises and that’s very encouraging. The world may be shocked, but too bad. The world is used to the United States bowing and giving in to demands. Trump is a business man who knows a bad deal when he sees one. While Obama played checkers and lost, Trump plays 3D chess—and he plays to win. He wants America to win again. It’s very refreshing.
Ben Garrison

This is about what I've come to expect from a man still dismissing protests as "paid for by Soros". You've gotten stale, old man.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fulchrum posted:

Why is Green Arrow there? And why is he trying to give Green Lantern the same look the black guy is?
I assume it's from an issue of the old Green Arrow/Green Lantern series.

Which was way, way better than it sounds from the initial idea of "let's pair two guys who only have a color in common", because the writers actually decided to tackle real social issues eventually.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

You misunderstand. I am not questioning how someone who understands science can have faith - I have it myself. People can understand the how while still knowing God is the who and why. But she has the how, the who and the why of how her people were created. So why does she give benediction to an unrelated entity?

i'm not sure how her being made by aliens is supposed to mean she has to be an atheist when she can just say Allah made the aliens and move on

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
How sick is it that I just wondered how many days it will be until Drunky Duck catches up with Trump's blitzkrieg? My guess is Shia LaBoof will be dividing a safe space or something.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

trying to outlogic someone's faith might be the only thing stupider than comic book plots

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's not like Ms Marvel is a hardline religious practioner anyway.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Fulchrum posted:

And how can people with parents believe in God?!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I'll never forget when Barack Obama screamed down FOX News and called them fake news. It was especially jarring thanks to the massive MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner behind him.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

squints

that's a good drawing of chris christie in a trump wig

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Fulchrum posted:

Because Green Lantern just beat up a bunch of protesters who were getting evicted by their slum lord and quite frankly deserves to get some stink eye.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I like after saying he's going to take a break from Trump cartoons...Garrison goes right back to Trump cartoons.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF & FACE TO BLOODSHED

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh yeah I remember all those times Obama personally insulted Fox reporters.

I absolutely don't remember Trump literally making a crude menstruation joke on TV about one of them.

edit: speaking of this, same as when Bill was having his blowjob scandal I am surprised how much you can actually say on the news nowadays when the situation demands it. Besides gross Trump stuff, The U of Washington is running a class titled "Calling Bullshit in the Age of Big Data" and the Seattle Times at least wrote it as-is.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jan 30, 2017

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

the gently caress is this

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Angepain posted:

someone who thinks that having ashton kutcher scream YUV BEN PUNKD is a cultural touchstone that'll put him in league with whatever youngin's what still read the newspaper these days

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Why is Carmen turning into a skull kid?

vvvvvLMAOvvvvv

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 30, 2017

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Angepain posted:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angepain posted:

Not a penis, apparently.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

the abrahamic godhead is an actual canon character in marvel comics

spider-man and the fantastic four have both met him

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Once again, the Nazi writes a comic where he fails to realize he's made the "wrong" person the sympathetic, correct one. It's like his thought process is so different he actually thinks that this is going to do anything but masturbate teh egos of fellow fascists.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Roland Jones posted:

Once again, the Nazi writes a comic where he fails to realize he's made the "wrong" person the sympathetic, correct one. It's like his thought process is so different he actually thinks that this is going to do anything but masturbate teh egos of fellow fascists.

They're his audience.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Roland Jones posted:

I definitely get the impression that he's well aware that his only audience is like-minded people, and he's entirely fine with that.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Well he can't ban the Muslims countries he does business with. That's just common sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Despera posted:

Well he can't ban the Muslims countries he does business with. That's just common sense.

Or the ones he owes money to

• Locked thread