Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This not gonna be a shiny happy thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

When loving cracked dot com has an accurate article about what would happen when the US eventually gets into a civil war, you know everything is hosed

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

funny Star Wars parody posted:

they won't generally let you move to one in a different country unless you already have citizenship there or are going to a country to open a new store

No I mean to shop.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Three-Phase posted:

No I mean to shop.

Oh then yes I think there was one in Auckland and Christchurch

Edit: nope they're third party stores lol

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
FRIENDLY FACES EVERYWHERE

HUMBLE FOLK WITHOUT TEMPTATION

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

HandlingByJebus posted:

Just found out that my Xterra and my Fit take the same oil filter. What a happy coincidence.

I think that my 3 main cars all have the same sparkplug, just one is a heat range hotter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So, finally managed to get someone on the phone with ACA that went over my records and cleared me for coverage. Signed up, got a tax credit, picked a plan, paid a premium and I should be done right?

LoL.

Despite having a record of the charge they claim no payment was received. So much for having insurance.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

When loving cracked dot com has an accurate article about what would happen when the US eventually gets into a civil war, you know everything is hosed

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
something bad happening in Quebec :(

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CharlesM posted:

something bad happening in Quebec :(

gently caress the world.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

nm posted:

gently caress the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDJ-LJjpm18

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED DAD? ARE YOU loving HAPPY NOW? GOOD. NOW SIT IN THE TURDS YOU SHAT YOU WORTHLESS BASTARD.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Rhyno posted:

So, finally managed to get someone on the phone with ACA that went over my records and cleared me for coverage. Signed up, got a tax credit, picked a plan, paid a premium and I should be done right?

LoL.

Despite having a record of the charge they claim no payment was received. So much for having insurance.

The Federal Services Database or something has been down (probably for just me) in the last 2 months I've tried to get care from Covered California. At this point, I have to take a day off of work (hard when you're the only employee) and go down to the county health office for them to make sure I am a real human being. I just want to give them money!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

At this point I'm just too weary of all this poo poo to even be angry about it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Supposedly I'm going to be a contributor to a cracked article soon. :ssh:

It's probably about what half of AI thinks it's about. It'll be interesting to see what the draft looks like. Especially since I was :2bong: out of my skull when I gave them stories.

Rhyno posted:

You picked Blue Cross, didn't you?

I got a past due payment notice in the mail from my ACA insurer... showing a negative balance past due and giving dire warnings about cancelling my policy if I don't get caught up soon. I paid Jan-Mar this year in advance, and that was enough to piss off their billing system. :fuckoff:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Raluek posted:

Speaking of self-medicating australians, has anyone heard from fo3 recently? I remember he was having some difficulties, but I haven't seen him around for a bit. Did I miss something happening?

He disappeared for a while and then resurfaced a few months back. Not seen him since though, hope dude's ok.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The loving White House Press Secretary quoted the Onion on Twitter. Specifically this post talking about how his job is going to be to provide robust misinformation :

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/825546280034201600

On top of that, this whole EO regarding travel bans was never run past the DOJ or DHS before a couple hours before signing. It's just something Bannon and company cooked up and realized they'd never get past anyone with a legal background, so pushed it straight to signing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
:: News too depressing, puts on Rick and Morty ::

20% correct as per usual

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

You're both pieces of poo poo. Yeah. I can prove it mathematically. Actually, let me grab my white board. This has been a long time coming...

bend
Dec 31, 2012

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Supposedly I'm going to be a contributor to a cracked article soon. :ssh:

It's probably about what half of AI thinks it's about. It'll be interesting to see what the draft looks like. Especially since I was :2bong: out of my skull when I gave them stories.

Well throw up a link when it pops up then mate, I haven't actually looked at cracked in like 4 years now. Is it worth going for a look these days by the way? or are they still 80% waffling drivel about their favourite/least favourite media.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

gently caress if I know!

Honestly, the only time I even think to look at cracked is when a clickbait article pops up on the facebook thing. I used to pay a lot more attention to them, but I'm at the point where the only internetting I do is streaming video, a few minutes of facebook, a couple of forums, and checking local news/weather. :corsair:

It seems like a long process for them to approve anything; the interview was done during the first week of Nov. I got an email saying the article had been approved about a week ago, and that they'd send me a rough draft soon. I got interviewed only because of some stuff I posted on reddit's /r/talesfromthepizzaguy

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 30, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Liquid Communism posted:

On top of that, this whole EO regarding travel bans was never run past the DOJ or DHS before a couple hours before signing. It's just something Bannon and company cooked up and realized they'd never get past anyone with a legal background, so pushed it straight to signing.

I'm almost more offended that this action was done so incompetently, rather than the horrible, bigoted nature of it.

It's like you expect politicians to enact policies to discriminate against people and screw over the vulnerable, but the fear comes when you realise that a badly thought-out order from above, which was possibly written in crayon, can affect the entire machinery of a civilised country.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

ugh i gave yall a south park reference and everybody ignored it

this is truly the worst timeline

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Still watching South Park in The Year Of Our Lord Two Thousand And Seventeen is the worst.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

its the second worst, only Trumped by your opinion

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Call the loving fire brigade goddamn

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Liquid Communism posted:

Still watching South Park in The Year Of Our Lord Two Thousand And Seventeen is the worst.

It's actually really good, especially the last two seasons

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

I saw it and appreciated it :unsmith:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I got sick of South Park's smug-rear end "hurrrr the truth is always in the middle/both sides are equally bad and good/you're a tool for caring about things" attitude a long time ago. Have they been cured of that?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yeah. But like the rest of the show I never took that seriously either so i was never bothered by it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Smug libertarians ruined that show for me

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Enourmo posted:

I got sick of South Park's smug-rear end "hurrrr the truth is always in the middle/both sides are equally bad and good/you're a tool for caring about things" attitude a long time ago. Have they been cured of that?

Yeah, its still funny, but after they got all butt hurt about "Nothing is above satire" and then got called out on being unwilling to satire Libertarianism, I got kinda fed up.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

It's actually really good, especially the last two seasons

qft

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

I saw it and appreciated it :unsmith:

thanks boo <3

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, its still funny, but after they got all butt hurt about "Nothing is above satire" and then got called out on being unwilling to satire Libertarianism, I got kinda fed up.

Lol I wonder why.

You guys are doing a great job of turning the chat thread into a D&D thread again thread btw.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I woke up today and felt like myself again after two weeks of dark clouds and sadness. I don't know if it will last but it's so nice to feel sane again.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol I wonder why.

You guys are doing a great job of turning the chat thread into a D&D thread again thread btw.

look im just talkin about south park bro

gently caress it niko lets go boarding

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'd prefer a snowboarding thread in AI tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I'd prefer a snowboarding thread in AI tbh

P sure that requires snow, fellow Floridian.

• Locked thread