Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Enemy fighters probably communicate to each other over radio to perform these tactics right now, we just can't hear them. Has anyone asked Roberts if there will be radio interception? I vibrate at the possibilities!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

The Titanic posted:

If you think Chris Roberts hasn't been told by his own people and many other people that his ideas just won't work, you're delusional. He chooses to ignore those warnings and just keeps on trucking. He knows right now without a shadow of a doubt Star Citizen is impossible as he promised it. That part is important because when SC does come out as an arena shooter with minimal content, that's the ballgame.

Star Citizens lack of "programmer art" is what made the Roberts millionaires. I fully expect other people to pick up on this and we'll see other early access or Kickstarter games pop up with amazing production values with no hope of becoming anything. People like pretty things. For a product, and I'm not saying awesome art is easy, but good/great artwork is probably the easiest component of a project to deliver. You can have an artist spend a month making something that looks as good as anything in other games. Unfortunately you can't have a programmer spend a month and connect that model to all of its associated gameplay events, especially if it has unique and custom sets. But that's the breaks.
Exactly. That's why SC is a scam not a genuine effort towards a difficult dream. They know exactly what they're doing. One big happy executive family.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Conspiracy theory: Trump is an SC megawhale. All this banning muslims stuff is just to try and distract Derp Shart for a while so SC can become the BDSSE.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sillybones posted:

Enemy fighters probably communicate to each other over radio to perform these tactics right now, we just can't hear them. Has anyone asked Roberts if there will be radio interception? I vibrate at the possibilities!

Can't wait for the jamming minigame! Or will that wait for the comms officer in multicrew? I can't keep up with all those promised features!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So I was on Wikipedia yesterday, looking at the entry for the USS Constellation (CV-64.) What do I find on the bottom of the article, but

quote:

In the upcoming Chris Roberts space game Star Citizen, one of the spacecraft is named "Constellation" in honor of USS Constellation and shares its Connie nickname.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
/r/StarCitizen: "End of january, no 3.0 schedule report?"

These types of threads are popping up multiple times daily now. Always downvoted, but still Citizens are slowly starting to learn...

LogicSol offers hope...

:allears:

Then smashes it...

:argh:

Meanwhile...

:ohdear:

:derp:

:suicide:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Nebakenezzer posted:

So I was on Wikipedia yesterday, looking at the entry for the USS Constellation (CV-64.) What do I find on the bottom of the article, but

Looks like a candidate for a good old (citation needed).

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Xaerael posted:

Looks like a candidate for a good old (citation needed).

On it.

Done and done.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 30, 2017

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Samizdata posted:

On it.

Done and done.

:banjo:

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
SC is heaps better than ED, the lighting effects in ED are poo poo and so is the audio. Plus no space legs.

loving ED plebs :smuggo:

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Also, please don't forget this:

And furthermore

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Hey Derek, can you unblock me on your twitter? My handle is @lpfuckhead420. You blocked me because I tweeted something stupid, and about cum toward you. I promise I will never tweet anything like that at you again if you unblock me. Thank you.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

happyhippy posted:

Female models in SC confirmed!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Hey Derek, can you unblock me on your twitter? My handle is @lpfuckhead420. You blocked me because I tweeted something stupid, and about cum toward you. I promise I will never tweet anything like that at you again if you unblock me. Thank you.

fool me once, shame on me
fool me twice, fiddle dee dee

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Have you ever aggregated the funding amounts per hour? Seems like if the 75% amount were true it would show quite a bulge in the European time zones during normal waking hours.
I have, but just for you, I'll do it again. I'll use data from this January since CIG has graciously refrained from having major sales events that corrupt the statistics.

These are the raw* hourly incomes over the past week. You can see that there are peak hours straddling the midnight GMT boundary, but there is noise that obscures the pattern a bit. You can also see that random $10000+ spike which is not, despite what one might think, actually a Wing Commander pack (unless store credit was used) and a probable War Pack ($5000).

These are the smoothed high-res income data over the same week. It's a bit easier to see the 24-hour cycle here since the noise is smoothed out.

Finally, this is the average income per hour for the first four weeks of January. The big peak is 20-21 GMT, but I'd say 20-0 or 1 GMT are usually pretty busy hours. It's not really clear what that means; it could indicate Germans who are arriving home from work, Californians on lunch break, East Coasters buying ships at work, people on disability with erratic sleep schedules, ...

*) The hourly incomes are actually interpolated from time points that aren't sampled exactly on the hourly boundaries.

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 30, 2017

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

I have, but just for you, I'll do it again. I'll use data from this January since CIG has graciously refrained from having major sales events that corrupt the statistics.

These are the raw* hourly incomes over the past week. You can see that there are peak hours straddling the midnight GMT boundary, but there is noise that obscures the pattern a bit. You can also see that random $10000+ spike which is not, despite what one might think, actually a Wing Commander pack (unless store credit was used) and a probable War Pack ($5000).

These are the smoothed high-res income data over the same week. It's a bit easier to see the 24-hour cycle here since the noise is smoothed out.

Finally, this is the average income per hour for the first four weeks of January. The big peak is 20-21 GMT, but I'd say 20-0 or 1 GMT are usually pretty busy hours. It's not really clear what that means; it could indicate Germans who are arriving home from work, Californians on lunch break, East Coasters buying ships at work, people on disability with erratic sleep schedules, ...

*) The hourly incomes are actually interpolated from time points that aren't sampled exactly on the hourly boundaries.

It could be the Swedish Mafia laundering their workday's takings. Scary stuff.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

/r/StarCitizen is dying.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Quavers posted:

/r/StarCitizen is dying.

It doesnt help that threads need to be approved by mods and poo poo is ruthlessly downvoted there.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Quavers posted:

/r/StarCitizen is dying.

It's almost as if... gasp... only half or less of those 98k people are real

And the rest are bots or accounts activated to bolster numbers, thanks to that fantastic marketing push

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

fool me once, shame on me
fool me twice, fiddle dee dee I am one of the Citizenry!

FTFY.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

But CIG don't spend any money on marketing, which is why their development budget is all 140 million of their income. Also they're so efficient that it's the equivalent of having 4x = 560 million because there's no publisher/marketing overhead. Remember Chris said this directly.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Spatial posted:

But CIG don't spend any money on marketing, which is why their development budget is all 140 million of their income. Also they're so efficient that it's the equivalent of having 4x = 560 million because there's no publisher/marketing overhead. Remember Chris said this directly.

And Ben wiped out the free lunch program, so there's THAT expense gone too!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Derek do you know if the one working with the AI is still Kythera?

I know Kythera have started to work on Descent Underground, so not sure if they are still the one working on scam citizen's AI

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

It doesnt help that threads need to be approved by mods and poo poo is ruthlessly downvoted there.

At the moment downvoting doesn't matter there. With so few threads being submitted, negged posts remain visible on the New page for at least a day.

With 5 upvotes a post would reach the Top10 on the Hot page

:laffo:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 30, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
New Hitman looking good

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me 150,000,000 times, shame on Derek.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

trumps america looking good
fixed

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
fyi I know this is the star citizen thread but I just donated $1000 to the aclu and if you have 8k in spaceship jpgs laying around you can donate $5 or $10 to help save this stupid loving country

https://action.aclu.org/secure/donate-to-aclu

thanks

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Propagandist posted:

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me 150,000,000 times, shame on Derek.

I can only pay you in bunny jpegs but I tried to find the cutest bunny I could. Turns out that's a baby dwarf Hotat :3:

e: dumb link

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 30, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
New objective goons:

Somehow get /r/The_Donald to turn on /r/starcitizen.

I don't know how to get it going, but it could potentially escalate to Twitter war between Donald Trump and Derek Smart, with Chris staying up all night writing penning letters to CNN.

Edit: dogge tax, greyhound style.

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jan 30, 2017

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

fyi I know this is the star citizen thread but I just donated $1000 to the aclu and if you have 8k in spaceship jpgs laying around you can donate $5 or $10 to help save this stupid loving country

thanks

Consider it done. I felt bad for not going to join the protest at JFK airport, but it's such a pain in the rear end to get to/navigate/park at and conventional wisdom in regards to protests have them being mostly ineffective. Still, a better investment of money on saving us from the orange menace than buying jpegs for many multiples of the same sum ever will be.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
DEAD BODY IN COCKPIT

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 Die.
2 Dead Body in starter suit is in view.
3 Die again to get rid of it.
4 It's still there.

ACTUAL RESULT
When I died there was a dead body in the green flight suit stuck in my FOV rotating as my ship moved about.

EXPECTED RESULT
I should've spawned without a body in the cockpit.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
BLEEDING IN COCKPIT

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 Get shot at in AC
2 Start bleeding
3 Bleed out

ACTUAL RESULT
I got shot at in Vanduul Swarm and started bleeding apparently and bled out in the cockpit.

EXPECTED RESULT
I didn't expect to bleed. This may be a feature, idk.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

AP posted:

BLEEDING IN COCKPIT

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 Get shot at in AC
2 Start bleeding
3 Bleed out

ACTUAL RESULT
I got shot at in Vanduul Swarm and started bleeding apparently and bled out in the cockpit.

EXPECTED RESULT
I didn't expect to bleed. This may be a feature, idk.

Star Citizen: This may be a feature, idk.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

So does everyone who spawns in this game upon loading still end up in the same bed-time closet?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

TheAgent posted:

thanks

no I donated a poo poo ton for his memes.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 30, 2017

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

You'd hope even the densest citizens could figure out that if 3.0 was supposed to be released in december and yet in january they are still not even finished working out what the schedule for 3.0 even, they must have been flat out lying when they ever said december. And some of the are! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Hello, thank you for coming, we are The Auditors and this is a song we wrote called "the tickler in black" take it away boys.....soft jazz and experimental dancing ensues

:five: