Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Devil Winds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I literally gasped at the You Stupid Bitch reprise

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gotta add Weatherman as a recurring character

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I really liked the 50s style "Winds" song. It fits strangely well.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Regy Rusty posted:

I literally gasped at the You Stupid Bitch reprise

Me too! Though the song "Let's Have Intercourse" isn't as awesome as "Settle For Me," I still kind of dig Nathaniel. I want the Josh thing over with, finally make the therapist happy.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Every finale is gonna be a wedding, isn't it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really not liking the direction this show's been going in since the year started.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I was not prepared for that wind devil to sing "you ruined everything."

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That Darryl Song is way more me than I'd like to admit.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Really not liking the direction this show's been going in since the year started.

This show is increasingly turning You're the Worst but dumb.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpaF_OroQqo

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm sad to admit that you are right. I don't hate it and I still have fun, but it has been quite mediocre lately. I was definitely more enthusiastic last season.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Guys singing that high pitched for that long is super weird.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tessiebee posted:

Guys singing that high pitched for that long is super weird.

Suuuuper WeiiiiIIiIiirrd

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

lmao

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Found a pretty wonderful song spoiler promo clip from next week's episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

This show is increasingly turning You're the Worst but dumb.

What does this mean, since I'm not familiar with that show?

Like what's dumb about it? What's this new direction and why is it bad?

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

What does this mean, since I'm not familiar with that show?

Like what's dumb about it? What's this new direction and why is it bad?

You're the worst is a smart and funny show about horrible, miserable people leading horrible miserable lives and treating each other, yup, you guessed it, horribly and miserably. Except Edgar.

I assume they mean this season is headed down that path. I do agree there has been a decline this season mostly with the songs and less nuance.

Also, lol at the super weird reply

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'll forgive this season a lot because we got a duet between Patti LuPone and Tovah Feldshuh.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

King Of Coons posted:

You're the worst is a smart and funny show about horrible, miserable people leading horrible miserable lives and treating each other, yup, you guessed it, horribly and miserably. Except Edgar.

I assume they mean this season is headed down that path.

Is that really a change, though?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I don't see it as a change. Rebecca has always been a weird, fragmented soul. It's played off in song and humor, but she really is awful, takes steps to change it, only to go right back to being self-centered, delusional, and sneaky. The show doesn't hide that: it's in the name. She is the crazy ex-girlfriend and that hasn't changed, even if she has the guy.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Bloom's talked about this season being Rebecca in denial -- "I can't be held responsible for my actions" -- so I imagine the following season will be about her hitting rock bottom and struggling to gain perspective and actually begin to change.

So I'd guess the character is meant to be her at her most obnoxious right now? I dunno.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wouldn't call it a "change" either. In fact I'm a little disappointed that it isn't a change since I was enjoying the change it took with the attention moving away from Josh/Greg and to Paula, Heather/Valencia, and Trent. In the last few episodes they've basically put the Rebecca/Paula relationship back to where it was, pushed Valencia and Heather away, Trent is gone, and Nathaniel is just taking Greg's place. I'm not hating it but I was hoping that the show had figured out a way to continue Rebecca's story without keeping it all about Josh and a love triangle.

But I'm not going to trash it or hit the panic button or anything. I'm still enjoying the episodes and am plenty willing to see where they go with the wedding and Nathaniel. Ideally the season ends with Rebecca finally owning the epiphany she was having two weeks ago that her problems are about her and Josh is just a placebo. I think the show's dragging out that initial problem with no progress a bit too long (and the fakeout with the girl group and epiphany probably teased the audience too much), but the season's only got 2 more episodes so I'm fine to give them till then.

I'll say this, having the wiiiiiinds as a kind of Frankie Valli falsetto onomatopoeia was kind of inspired and made the episode for me.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 25, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Winds needs to be in every episode in the background strutting and giving that cheeky smile. He's the in the same upper character tier as Heather, White Josh, and Father Brah.

Pan Dulce posted:

Me too! Though the song "Let's Have Intercourse" isn't as awesome as "Settle For Me," I still kind of dig Nathaniel. I want the Josh thing over with, finally make the therapist happy.

This definitely felt like the thinking douchebag's 'Settle for Me'

Senerio posted:

That Darryl Song is way more me than I'd like to admit.

Yeah man, from both sides tbh.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

STAC Goat posted:

I'll say this, having the wiiiiiinds as a kind of Frankie Valli falsetto onomatopoeia was kind of inspired and made the episode for me.

Makes sense, the singer played Frankie in Jersey Boys on Broadway.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I mean that was clearly the musical style he was aping so it doesn't shock me that he did Jersey Boys. Hell, he had the wardrobe.

But it was just a brilliant little move because that high pitched falsetto so perfectly fit the "wind" sound when they spelled it out. Its that kind of really clever touch that makes me really enjoy Crazy Ex Girlfriend's musical aspects even though I usually hate TV musicals. They're not trying to make itunes download songs, they're actually putting thought into the jokes and purposes of the songs.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Hey look, it's the ingenue beset by tragedy.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Sugar Ray cover band, Splenda Ray.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
"Tell me I'm okay, Patrick" was really drat strong. Felt like a softer version of "You Ruined Everything."

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
HOLY poo poo YES.

TRENT!!!!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

These last two episodes have been absolutely on fire both story and musically.

Can't wait for the finale

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

lotus circle posted:

HOLY poo poo YES.

TRENT!!!!!!

I'm team Trent

Let's crash this party!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
THE FULL VERSION OF PERIOD SEX HAS LANDED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uab2BlDpPxQ

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Valencia as a wedding planner seems to fit quite well. She's a total control freak who needs to do all the micromanaging.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The finale is gonna be such an insane clusterfuck. I can't wait.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

This show is growing very boring as of late.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Didn't enjoy most of this ep at all but the last 10 minutes seemed to be an attempt to fix a lot of the issues I've had with this season since ep 8 or so, so I'm optimistic about the finale.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I was a big Valencia fan from the first season and I'm glad she has ascended to become an incredibly well-adjusted and mature being of pure light. This season has been far more uneven than last season but it still has plenty of highs and is better than anything even remotely similar.

"Trent how did you get here???"

In the distance a man is seeing gyrating and hip thrusting

"I gave him a riiiIIIiiideee~"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Rachel Bloom is writing a song for the Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover.

http://www.avclub.com/article/rachel-bloom-and-la-la-land-lyricists-team-cws-mus-249443

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Senerio posted:

Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover.

Starting to see why Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is being renewed despite audience size to be honest.

• Locked thread