Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Knight posted:

Like, the sound of it? Can you explain how that would possibly work?

"Hey we really need this new regulation, but we have to get rid of two regulations to implement it. Hmm let's get rid of these two regulations that seem to be outdated because they were implemented for a certain economical time but now do not benefit anyone."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Put a bunch of regulations on the banks, completely deregulate drugs and gambling.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
While I do chuckle to myself from time to time out loud irl.
The fact that 'muhkuh elected an umpaloompa, makes the possibility that an old lefty might get to be prime minister here just that little bit less unpossible, despite basically strapping on a stretigic pair of leg mounted cannons to sheet himself in the feet because of a rng.
He had a choice (Regarding article 50 ()leaving das EU) of telling the elected MP's to vote as their constituencies voted overall, ahhhhfuhgeddaboudit

staberind fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 30, 2017

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Over There posted:

"Hey we really need this new regulation, but we have to get rid of two regulations to implement it. Hmm let's get rid of these two regulations that seem to be outdated because they were implemented for a certain economical time but now do not benefit anyone."
Uh-huh... federal regulations are made through rulemaking. Are you familiar with this process? I was asking how this would be used or enforced using this process, because what you're describing may make sense for decluttering a closet, it comes off as complete nonsense that is incompatible with the basic understanding of the rulemaking. What mechanism exists to stop new regulations from being made? Deletion of unnecessary regulations is already a function of this process.

https://www.reginfo.gov/public/reginfo/Regmap/regmap.pdf

Knight fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 30, 2017

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It sounds good to the voter base who is ecstatic that their candidate is not wasting time and fulfilling his campaign promises.

Nobody cares that it's nonsensical garbage. This will be held up as a positive for Trump for years to come.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
True, Trump's EOs are a huge hit with people who don't have any understanding of how the government works. Maybe his next EO can declare America great (again!) and we can all celebrate!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
drat, I think I am going to be in here a lot : trumps trolling is off the scale.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

staberind posted:

drat, I think I am going to be in here a lot : trumps trolling is off the scale.

I'm dizzied by it really

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Just lolled again today.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Knight posted:

Uh-huh... federal regulations are made through rulemaking. Are you familiar with this process? I was asking how this would be used or enforced using this process, because what you're describing may make sense for decluttering a closet, it comes off as complete nonsense that is incompatible with the basic understanding of the rulemaking. What mechanism exists to stop new regulations from being made? Deletion of unnecessary regulations is already a function of this process.

https://www.reginfo.gov/public/reginfo/Regmap/regmap.pdf

Thanks for this friend. I would like to know how this is a terrible thing though if you don't mind if you're saying the deletion is already a part of the process. It seems like to me it just speeds the process of the removal of unnecessary regulations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Minimalist Program posted:

Just lolled again today.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

The logic of this is almost as childlike as the logic behind The Wall

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
lmao just thought of a goon who said trump wouldn't do what he was saying and had a good lol

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Over There posted:

Thanks for this friend. I would like to know how this is a terrible thing though if you don't mind if you're saying the deletion is already a part of the process. It seems like to me it just speeds the process of the removal of unnecessary regulations.
I think the EO is harmless because it doesn't do anything. At worst, it makes a lot of people who don't know how their government actually works feel good about applying common-sense cuts that might feed into bad things later.

Regulations are not only necessary, but mandatory for agencies to enforce laws. A lot of "small" businesses (<1500 employees) would love to see those agencies crippled so they can't enforce OSHA compliance or stop them from dumping waste in the river.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tao of lmao posted:

Some Dr Seuss poo poo right there.

Here on capital hill, a-doobileee-do
For each regulation, I'll remove two!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Knight posted:

I think the EO is harmless because it doesn't do anything. At worst, it makes a lot of people who don't know how their government actually works feel good about applying common-sense cuts that might feed into bad things later.

Regulations are not only necessary, but mandatory for agencies to enforce laws. A lot of "small" businesses (<1500 employees) would love to see those agencies crippled so they can't enforce OSHA compliance or stop them from dumping waste in the river.

I can see your point from an environmental perspective. I work in a bank so I just see some of the stupid little regulations that could be removed that really just inconvenience the customers I work with that might have helped in 2008 but don't really do anything anymore. I still think that it will need to be approved by someone outside of the company/industry with our country's economy/environment in mind.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Knight posted:

A lot of "small" businesses (<1500 employees)
The most common federal definition of small business is one with less than 500 employees, but at least a couple dozen industries have their own definitions. For example, iirc (the number may be wrong), home builders are a small business if they construct less than $17 million dollars worth of homes per year regardless of how many people they employ.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

lmao just thought of a goon who said trump wouldn't do what he was saying and had a good lol

I lol every time someboyd says "there's no way trump is gonna do X" or "there's no way the courts are going to let Trump do Y" or "there's no way Trump et al are going to destroy democracy and use the army+military to stay in power forever"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lolling pretty good at rapid decline of western civilization!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
"surely when the judges and courts tell the nazi white power facist machine (which is currently revving up to destroy the US and the world) that it is obliged to follow the constitution, it'll work for some reason."

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I bought two 120 liter blue plastic barrels and filled them with drinking water and stored them in my shed along with about 8 months worth of canned food because the US is going to destroy the global infrastructure within a year.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Lol because every time I finish a bottle of water or juice now I rinse out the bottle and refill it and store the water for when the world ends.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol because every time I finish a bottle of water or juice now I rinse out the bottle and refill it and store the water for when the world ends.

lmao you're going to get shot for that water Ahahaha

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

lmao you're going to get shot for that water Ahahaha

Haha yes it's going to happen and I am lolling to the freaking max over here at the thought.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I bought two 120 liter blue plastic barrels and filled them with drinking water and stored them in my shed along with about 8 months worth of canned food because the US is going to destroy the global infrastructure within a year.

Trump will tax you on that or straight up murder you for it

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I just remembered when he tried to front to the Jesus nerds on the campaign trail by citing "one Corinthians" and had another little lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I thought it was 2 Corinthians

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

which is way better because it's like he thought he was quoting two random dudes

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Over There posted:

I like this unironically.

it's a terrible idea whether youre for or against deregulation in general whatever that even means (hint: it means basically nothing)

it is almost as if twitter is a bad platform for communicating complex thoughts and policies but if only we could figure out why ....

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Chomp8645 posted:

lolling pretty good at rapid decline of western civilization!

I'm that chimp in the beginning of 28 days later but instead of biting face I'm simply lolling

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

500 bad things posted:

I thought it was 2 Corinthians

Oh yeah. "Two corinthians."

Lol

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Maldoror posted:

Eat the Rich is now real life.

I wish

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lol

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Over There posted:

I can see your point from an environmental perspective. I work in a bank so I just see some of the stupid little regulations that could be removed that really just inconvenience the customers I work with that might have helped in 2008 but don't really do anything anymore. I still think that it will need to be approved by someone outside of the company/industry with our country's economy/environment in mind.
Honestly, I don't know much about financial regulations but I'm super cautious after '08. Which do you feel are outdated?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
laffing out loud right now

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
just lolled again. can't wait to keep this thread alive for the next four 8 years

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lmao Spicer retweeted The Onion and also can not read

Lol, the master of puppets.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Knight posted:

Honestly, I don't know much about financial regulations but I'm super cautious after '08. Which do you feel are outdated?

There are certain guidelines that we have to follow like "make sure the client sees this document 3 days before closing or else they can't close" which I suppose is there to give people time to review it before signing but honestly it just causes closing dates to be missed. Then you have to have a verification of employment up to closing that expire every 10 days which really pisses employers off when you call them 4-5 times.

Just silly stuff that seems like they had good intentions when they created it, but in the end it just works against the mortgage process and the customer.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

The cartoon character Donald Trump is the president of the United States of America. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Over There posted:

There are certain guidelines that we have to follow like "make sure the client sees this document 3 days before closing or else they can't close" which I suppose is there to give people time to review it before signing but honestly it just causes closing dates to be missed. Then you have to have a verification of employment up to closing that expire every 10 days which really pisses employers off when you call them 4-5 times.

Just silly stuff that seems like they had good intentions when they created it, but in the end it just works against the mortgage process and the customer.

sure those sound good to cut but lol if you don't think the stuff getting cut is stuff like "rich must pay taxes"