Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

baloogan, please give me a sixer, that post was terrible and i dearly regret making it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

That's a pretty weak way to disagree.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"what else is there to destroy?" muttered the terrorist, gazing out at the vast wasteland of Ohio

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Radio Paranoia posted:

Not a single British politician so far has sad "Maybe Trump is... good!?"

Yeah it's great that even the Conservative members are just like "Ok we all know this guy is dogshit but maybe we should talk to him so we can get him to be less terrible", that's the most pro-Trump position

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Isn't The Mick a TV show with a stereotype Irish Woman doing Homer Simpson things while watching children? On NBC.

Edit it is on Fox.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

paranoid randroid posted:

*watches warship get sunk by a bunch of rural beardhavers* hell and pissery

that was only a few mill, have some more

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

this all rings pretty loving true to me, a paranoid panicky moron

It feels like they're still playing us, very successfully. The amount of activity they've packed into 11 days is mind-boggling, and I'm firmly in the camp that says they know exactly what they're doing

People keep posting stuff like "lol Trump is so incompetent," which is the same poo poo they were lolling about gleefully during the election, and Trump won anyway. His administration doesn't have to be elegant, or efficient, or even competent to trample over everybody's rights. They're just confident enough to think they can get away with ignoring the rule of law and nobody, NOBODY, has stopped them in any way.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Augus posted:

As an Irish-American I don't really see myself ever being offended by being called "mick". It's really silly sounding and just makes me think of "short for Mickey". Hope they fired whoever came up with that insult.

It was probably a good one back before Irish people got to be white.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I was sure he was just a character Fox News invented. In fact I'm still not completely convinced he's not.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Pomp posted:

nazi punching has me thinking of how presidents would take a punch

Obama - would try to put you in a submission hold or something

Dubya - texas boy with a party monster past, he'd punch back

Clintons - Walk away, own you on TV but still find some way to be owned

Jackson - Kill you in a duel, duh

Teddy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FzpV6cOi5E

Trump - Run away crying while secret service beats you

i always think of nixon's famous rageboy moments during his south american trip as vice president in the 50s

at one point a protester threw a rock at him and missed so nixon jumped up on the trunk of his car and shook his fist yelling at them for being cowards afraid of the truth

later some guy spat on nixon so nixon chased him and kicked him in the shin

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Read the Zunger piece, and then immediately follow it up with this:

https://tompepinsky.com/2017/01/30/weak-and-incompetent-leaders-act-like-strong-leaders/

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Slippery Tilde

fake idea

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Guys guys we don't have to antagonize baloogan - violence leads nowhere - Let's reason with him. Baloogan how is your day? Did you nap well?

Give Baloogan a break. It's just after lunch and he's probably got the shakes pretty bad.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

exquisite tea posted:

People keep posting stuff like "lol Trump is so incompetent," which is the same poo poo they were lolling about gleefully during the election, and Trump won anyway. His administration doesn't have to be elegant, or efficient, or even competent to trample over everybody's rights. They're just confident enough to think they can get away with ignoring the rule of law and nobody, NOBODY, has stopped them in any way.

Rules and laws don't mean anything unless someone acts on them, because they're just social constructions.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

alternative definition

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

exquisite tea posted:

I think that Trump is probably incompetent, but Bannon doesn't seem to be.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
so what you're saying is.... violence is the answer?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

Give Baloogan a break. It's just after lunch and he's probably got the shakes pretty bad.

i got buck fever from an ASM attack

:rip: those saudi navy guys an contractors

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

This is an interesting article.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

i always think of nixon's famous rageboy moments during his south american trip as vice president in the 50s

at one point a protester threw a rock at him and missed so nixon jumped up on the trunk of his car and shook his fist yelling at them for being cowards afraid of the truth

later some guy spat on nixon so nixon chased him and kicked him in the shin

wow this nixon guy sounds like a cool p;resident

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I was sure he was just a character Fox News invented. In fact I'm still not completely convinced he's not.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Shabana Mahmood kinda loving killing it at Commons meeting

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah, the TRUMP IS INCOMPETENT 'lol posting' has always been obnoxious, but it's starting to become dangerous.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Baloogan posted:

i got buck fever from an ASM attack

:rip: those saudi navy guys an contractors

baloogan be real you got mad pecker wood seeing that saudi frigate blow up on youtube

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I read this while sitting in the waiting room of my mechanic this morning. Author lists six things that could possibly be intended outcomes from the chaos caused over the weekend. Number 6 was the one that caught my attention.

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/826069510046220288

This guy also writes other good articles:

Hope, fear, and exhaustion in a changing world -- this one ends on a positive note, and like Forever Peace keeps on repeating, we need to have hope because that is what defeats fascism.

What things going wrong can look like -- This one is pretty unsettling to read, so be mentally prepared for it.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

quadrophrenic posted:

Shabana Mahmood kinda loving killing it at Commons meeting

:yeah:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah it's great that even the Conservative members are just like "Ok we all know this guy is dogshit but maybe we should talk to him so we can get him to be less terrible", that's the most pro-Trump position

i heard something about angela merkel having to try to patiently explain the geneva conventions to trump on the phone last week

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Oof. That's kinda dire

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
He cares for ships.

Shipphilia even. Weird.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

If we're gonna go hog wild on who we can punch I'm gonna say nazis and bowtie wearers.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pence is all over this

Protests are going to be big

quote:

An executive order from President Donald Trump opening up discrimination against the LGBTQ community on the basis of religious belief is expected sometime this week, possibly as soon as today. Several sources spoke with LGBTQ Nation on the condition of anonymity who have told us that the order will allow for discrimination in a number of areas, including employment, social services, business, and adoption.

From what we’ve heard, the executive order could be far-reaching, and could include: making taxpayer funds available for discrimination against LGBTQ people in social services; allow federally funded adoption agencies to discriminate against LGBTQ parents; eliminate non-discrimination protections in order to make it possible to fire federal employers and contractors based on their sexual orientation or gender identity; and allow federal employees to refuse to serve people based on the belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman, and that gender is an immutable characteristic set at birth, which would impact a broad range of federal benefits.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Fallen Hamprince posted:

baloogan be real you got mad pecker wood seeing that saudi frigate blow up on youtube

its really sucks to be anyone on that ship lol. its prob not gonna sink if they get the fires under control before they reach the forward magazine

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Trump is gonna invade Yemen... for the Houthis :twisted:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

They're just confident enough to think they can get away with ignoring the rule of law and nobody, NOBODY, has stopped them in any way.

this has been the cause of my meltdowns the last few days

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

type A(sshole)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Bip Roberts posted:

bowtie wearers.

please do not use the politically correct term for libertarians

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Pence is all over this

I think they're trying to exhaust the protesters.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Pence is all over this

This weekends protests are going to be massive.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

turn off the TV posted:

I think that Trump is probably incompetent, but Bannon doesn't seem to be.

My point is that I think some people are mistakenly under the impression that an autocratic regime has to be brutally efficient in its methods in order to oppress people. Perhaps more horrifyingly, it does not. You can be every bit as incompetent as the Trumpstaffel and still get everything you want if there's and opportunity and nobody's there to stop you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Pence is all over this

Jesus christ

• Locked thread