Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The Glumslinger posted:

I think most of them expected him to not follow through on the stuff they didn't like (he is just talking, he isn't gonna do it), but follow through on all of the stuff they liked. It was a lot easier since he never had any concrete details for his plans, so people could just project onto them what they wanted.

Like how for a few months, people thought he was a secret liberal and was going to try to outflank Hillary on the left in the general election

Well even this ban wouldn't have resulted in even 10% the outrage if they'd done it like a normal functioning government and worked through how it would be enforced in advance and set a future date for enforecement, even if that future date was "effective right away for anybody who isn't already in transit". They overplayed their hand by including people already in the air and by not letting the impacted agencies know in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

turn off the TV posted:

Does BLM even have a coherent structure? As far as I know that would be like declaring a twitter hash tag a terror group.

Which I can see them doing.

Like that's gonna stop them

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

Muslims, Latinos, check

LGBTQ, pending check

Black people are next, brace yourselves. Probably declaring BLM a terror group.

Totally gonna happen and that will probably be the breaking point

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

TyrantWD posted:

Member when Jill Stein said Hillary would be more dangerous than Trump?
Hillary would have tried to shoot down the Syrian air force because her advisors are about 2 years behind current events and caused a massive war by now.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Yinlock posted:

was this ever not the case

republicans have been shouting about evil gays 24/7 for decades and only stopped for the election

Those goddamn queers homosexuals have to stop pushing their cocks agendas down my America's throat.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ex post facho posted:

i cant even get a rise out of baseball fans by saying there will be no sporting activity throughout the summer, that's how dead a sport baseball is

We're used to people trying to bait us, it's a fine sport to play and okay to watch but almost nobody really keeps up with it every day.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i mean it's pretty easy to understand why this is happening, nobody loving voted so an orange clown and his nazi pals took power and are doing whatever they want because he's just straight-up ignoring the checks who don't have the balls to enforce their orders

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

turn off the TV posted:

Does BLM even have a coherent structure? As far as I know that would be like declaring a twitter hash tag a terror group.

Which I can see them doing.

If you declare very nebulous things as the enemy then anybody can be the enemy.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Why does anyone trust a dumb anon Twitter account. Have they said anything that makes them legit

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Augus posted:

Totally gonna happen and that will probably be the breaking point

the breaking point should really be right now

but you know first they came for etc

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Rocks posted:

Why does anyone trust a dumb anon Twitter account. Have they said anything that makes them legit

collective delusion

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Rocks posted:

That account entertains me in exactly the same way as nihilist arbys.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Looks like the CIA Director has been added to the National Security Council.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...m=.1f94f3fe5d52

quote:

2:25 p.m.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer says the director of the CIA will be added to the White House National Security Council.

Spicer says President Donald Trump has decided to amend his recent memo restructuring the council to add CIA Director Mike Pompeo to the top circle of national security advisers. The restructuring also added White House senior adviser Steve Bannon to the council’s principals committee, which includes the secretaries of state and defense.

Trump’s move also directed the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to attend only when “issues pertaining to their responsibilities and expertise are to be discussed.”

But Spicer says those individuals will be welcome to attend the meetings. He disputed that the reorganization was a significant change from past administrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rocks posted:

i don't know, why did people vote for an orange nazi

who cares

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Rocks posted:

No, of course not.

People just want to believe. Just like the "Trump photoshopped his hands" story.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ex post facho posted:

thanks again to 64 million absolute fuckin retard morons that made this poo poo possible

What do you think "make America great again" meant?

A sizable portion of the country does not want to have to acknowledge that gay people, foreigners, non-Christians, etc exist. Pushing them back under the bed is exactly why they voted for Trump. "Economic anxiety" is a fuckin smokescreen

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Thoguh posted:

Well even this ban wouldn't have resulted in even 10% the outrage if they'd done it like a normal functioning government and worked through how it would be enforced in advance and set a future date for enforecement, even if that future date was "effective right away for anybody who isn't already in transit". They overplayed their hand by including people already in the air and by not letting the impacted agencies know in advance.

they have total control of the US government and could have got all this stuff within a year easy but instead they went for executive orders lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

thrawn527 posted:

I guess that makes practical sense?

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Muslims, Latinos, check

LGBTQ, pending check

Black people are next, brace yourselves. Probably declaring BLM a terror group.

Did they do something to the LGBT?

Have no idea what's hyperbole and fact anymore.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
am i too late to say scotty2houthi

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yinlock posted:

the breaking point should really be right now

but you know first they came for etc

Here's a fun thought experiment, once you brand someone a terrorist what do they have to lose?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Guys you're talking about a White House that actually brought in drugs into America specifically to poison black neighbourhoods to criminalize entire generations of African Americans through the war against drugs, nothing's too nebulous or depraved for those guys.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

yeah to those surprised/confused by what trump's doing: what exactly did you think was going to happen

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

jBrereton posted:

Hillary would have tried to shoot down the Syrian air force because her advisors are about 2 years behind current events and caused a massive war by now.

Lol Bannon sa accnt spotted

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Montasque posted:

No, of course not.

People just want to believe. Just like the "Trump photoshopped his hands" story.

Trump having a Stalinesque photograph-editing campaign just to cover up his tiny hands would be loving hilarious though you have to admit.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Plinkey posted:

I sent my sister, currently serving in the middle east that twitter of the Saudi boat getting blown up and she just said 'well poo poo, trump has property and business there, so I'm sure we're about to bomb someone'

we've been bombing yemen for awhile

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Augus posted:

Here's a fun thought experiment, once you brand someone a terrorist what do they have to lose?

well by the time they brand blm terrorists they'll have complete control as it becomes clear nobody will actually oppose them, so rip black people

Apr 7, 2003

schlichter wrote an article for Townhall about how he was tired of being oppressed for eight years. Oppression to and many like him is literally just having to see a gay person or hearing a language that isn't English being spoken

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

thrawn527 posted:

Take THAT Obama

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Heaven Spacey posted:

Trump having a Stalinesque photograph-editing campaign just to cover up his tiny hands would be loving hilarious though you have to admit.

Of course it would be! It's believable because it's completely in character.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

but her emails

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Pooky posted:

Those goddamn queers homosexuals have to stop pushing their cocks agendas down my America's throat.

Local man: "Why won't all these homosexuals stop sucking my cock?"

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Citizen Tayne posted:

"Economic anxiety" is a fuckin smokescreen

Wage stagnation, at-will employment, historic levels of inequality, student loans, and Tom Price flavored skullduggery is real though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Schnorkles posted:

we've been bombing yemen for awhile

i know about this but there has been so little reporting outside of a nearly starved to death person on a front page of a paper that i don't know why except saudi arabia has western support so why the gently caress not

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I just want to reiterate that Spicer's example of times you wouldn't need the military in a NSC meeting was during a flu pandemic.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

What do you think "make America great again" meant?

A sizable portion of the country does not want to have to acknowledge that gay people, foreigners, non-Christians, etc exist. Pushing them back under the bed is exactly why they voted for Trump. "Economic anxiety" is a fuckin smokescreen

So is Turmp... America??

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

I just want to reiterate that Spicer's example of times you wouldn't need the military in a NSC meeting was during a flu pandemic.

gently caress, are we in a "The Stand" timeline?

Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Jive posted:

Wage stagnation, at-will employment, historic levels of inequality, student loans, and Tom Price flavored skullduggery is real though

These things are rooted in Reaganomics. When I'm back at the old family farm in bumfuck PA I don't hear about jobs, I get people asking me how I cope with "those people."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I guess that makes practical sense?

Spicer just said a couple hours ago that the JCS is no longer compelled to come to meetings because they're not needed for domestic issues, and the CIA is supposed to only perform international espionage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ex post facho posted:

i cant even get a rise out of baseball fans by saying there will be no sporting activity throughout the summer, that's how dead a sport baseball is

what's baseball, grandpa?

• Locked thread