Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just a reminder that we could have had Jeb "Pocket Turtle" Bush as our president right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Spicer is doing a press conference right now and is a complete rear end in a top hat to reporters and treating them like children lmao Hail Mein Furher!

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Lol trump is afraid of the danger 5 year old girls pose to our nation. Hahaha

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

There's a petition online to stop the U.K. Parliament from inviting Trump to visit lmao

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.

bag em and tag em posted:

Lol trump is afraid of the danger 5 year old girls pose to our nation. Hahaha

I wouldn't be so hasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Tiny Lowtax posted:

There's a petition online to stop the U.K. Parliament from inviting Trump to visit lmao
It's close to 1.5 million now. :v:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i lold

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmao

cnut
May 3, 2016

lol

Please clap.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
11 days and he's about to allow discrimination against gay and trans people on religious grounds. wonder what % of them voted for him and pence

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Donald J Trump

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jose posted:

11 days and he's about to allow discrimination against gay and trans people on religious grounds. wonder what % of them voted for him and pence

lmao this american life had a gay dude who was way into trump way back and i'm thinkin' of him and lollin'

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

like even if you assume trump doesn't give a poo poo, which is probably true, Mike Pence was his VP lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

doesnt UK have some law where they actually have to take action on petitions which get enough signatures unlike the completely useless ones we have here in the USA?

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

forgot about pence. lmao

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

lmao this american life had a gay dude who was way into trump way back and i'm thinkin' of him and lollin'

loled again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Spatial posted:

forgot about pence. lmao

yeah in the unlikely event trump gets impeached americans get stuck with him lol

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

thathonkey posted:

doesnt UK have some law where they actually have to take action on petitions which get enough signatures unlike the completely useless ones we have here in the USA?

the government have to respond to all petitions that reach 10k signatures and consider it for a debate at 100k

in fact one of our MP's requested an emergency debate about the US immigration policy

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

thathonkey posted:

Not sure if there's a legal compulsion, but on the site it says:

quote:

Parliament considers all petitions that get more than 100,000 signatures for a debate
Government responds to all petitions that get more than 10,000 signatures
It just hit 1.5 million a moment ago, which means it went up by 112,000 just in the time since I last posted :stare:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
me when I remember that the president of the USA is Donald Trump, a man who has been on wrestling shows and "the nanny":

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Looke posted:

the government have to respond to all petitions that reach 10k signatures and consider it for a debate at 100k

in fact one of our MP's requested an emergency debate about the US immigration policy

Not anymore lol

Edit: Oh were you talking about British "government"? double lol

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

thathonkey posted:

no they have to consider it for a debate and "um... no" counts

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

XMNN posted:

no they have to consider it for a debate and "um... no" counts

then i expect that will be the outcome

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
same

its only actual effect is making the government look stupid because they are trying to keep trump at arms length and bury their tongues in his arsehole at the same time and its not working very well

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

daily lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i guess trumps strategy (or bannons or whatever) is just to overwhelm everyone and everything: governments, the people, the media with a blitz of retarded poo poo that will eventually be struck down in courts but some of it will stick they just want to see what. it is like testing the waters so to speak

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

posting itt

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Trump is a p funny President. With most Presidents everyone is always worrying "oh, he was probably lying about his campaign promises. He said he would do certain things but now he will not. I am upset by this!"

But with Trump it's totally different. Now everyone is like "oh my God he wasn't lying about his campaign promises. He said he would do certain things and he's actually going to. I am upset our civilization is in peril!"

lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Dude Trump is gonna grab the Queen by the pussy LoL

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

https://twitter.com/search?q=I%20voted%20for%20you&src=typd&lang=en

l
m
a
o

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

The president of the United States of America posted on Twitter in complete seriousness that 3 million fraudulent votes were cast in the election, like some kind of fringe nutcase.

Even though he won.

Oh and it's Donald Trump lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Imagine if you were sitting in an ICBM Control Center and were given an order to launch by Donald Trump

lol

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

thathonkey posted:

Yeah they have to "respond" to it. Which in the case of the EU exit petition (4.1m signatures in favour of a second referendum), it meant they responded by saying "lol nope".

So I'm loling about Trump being president of the USA and then remembering that my own country voted to leave the biggest source of free movement and free trade we could ever have acces to and loling again.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

lollol

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Spatial posted:

The president of the United States of America posted on Twitter in complete seriousness that 3 million fraudulent votes were cast in the election, like some kind of fringe nutcase.

Even though he won.

Oh and it's Donald Trump lol

where did this timeline gently caress up so badly. Which fat goon sat on a butterfly that was to live?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Konsek posted:

Yeah they have to "respond" to it. Which in the case of the EU exit petition (4.1m signatures in favour of a second referendum), it meant they responded by saying "lol nope".

So I'm loling about Trump being president of the USA and then remembering that my own country voted to leave the biggest source of free movement and free trade we could ever have acces to and loling again.

Hahaha your country is dumb as gently caress but not as dumb as the states who have trump a their president right now lmmmaaaoooo

cnut
May 3, 2016

lol

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

/
:lol:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

the guy from those funny gifs... is president. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Over There posted:

"Hey we really need this new regulation, but we have to get rid of two regulations to implement it. Hmm let's get rid of these two regulations that seem to be outdated because they were implemented for a certain economical time but now do not benefit anyone."

Except instead of outdated regulations think regulation that Trump dislikes: e.g. the Dodd Frank act, the various regulations that were put in place to prevent his favourite forms of tax evasion, literally all environmental regulations and most labour regulations. Those are the things he has mentioned multiple times at least, but who knows, he might do something completely different to what he has promised and, in defiance of what all his previous behaviour would indict, start trimming regulation in a sensible, well planned manner.