Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

Just do hundreds of pointless bing searches then turn them into free MS Store gift cards but yeah that's a total dick move.

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

You can get "free" Xbox Live giftcards by using Microsoft Rewards and doing a certain amount of searches on Bing a day.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

errite

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so9zlCrQruY

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I've tried the forza forums but nothing. For forza horizon 3.

I have an Xbox one s and a Samsung ks8000. Sound from a Sonos but makes no difference. Two glitches- at one point (never seen it happy more than twice) the screen blacks out and comes back in a few seconds later.

Other glitch is audio kinda skips or cuts when you finish a race and the title cards for fans gained / placed / points earnt etc.

This is the only game or thing I have hooked up that does these two things- no other Xbox game does it no PS4 and no tv or streaming app.

Wtf forza has someone had this problem and fixed it?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I run my sound though Sonos as well. I have no issue.

This seems to be a tv problem as both sound and video run through it? Are you using HDR? Again, shouldn't matter but maybe turning it off and see if it's any better?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

it's a samsung so it probably has a host of effects that don't work right with consoles.

i would try setting to game mode first. try plugging into the hdmi port marked with DVI, I still don't know what this does but it seemed important on my samsung

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Hexenritter posted:

edit: I'd also like to say how insulting the 2000, 5000 and 7000 credit results are on wheelspins. Almost every time a HE car pops up in a wheelspin for me I end up hitting between the 2k/30k result. Rarely I'll hit 50k/75k/100k, and even when the cars on the wheel are crap it's a miracle when I land one. I've spent hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of credits on buying additional spins, it's nuts. I get wanting to draw the content out and people wanting to feel lucky when they do land a decent result, but come on. Out of the last fifteen wheelspins since I started playing tonight, 80% of them have been on the paltry end.

Wheelspins are poo poo. I screen cap any time I win a car so I can prove to my wife and son that you actually can get a non-garbage spin.

Also gently caress the superman cars at the end of every other race slingshotting past me at several hundred miles per hour.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
So they actually added an R31? :allears:

hope they do a Laurel eventually

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just purchased horizon 3 for PC. The demo ran alright at low/medium settings, 1080p, 60fps on my GTX 960. I assume the full game will be similar ?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also hopefully I don't have to spend too much time with this pride parade bullshit and just get on with hammering woops with a trophy truck.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

My i5 4670k/960GTX runs it fine on ultra at 1080p locked to 30fps.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd rather have 60fps and lower graphics coming from iracing, AC and DOOM

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

easily done. I was getting between 45 to 57 with dips lower than that with it set to 60 and just didn't bother spending any time tweaking the settings, though AA and AO reductions would probably have it sitting stably at 60. I'll try tweaking it back up to 60 next time I play.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

hell yeah

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey geeves, was it you that recommended Motorsport Manager? If so, thanks for making me spend 90 hours leading my team up from GP3 to GP2 and I still haven't even stuck a toe into the top tier.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Hey geeves, was it you that recommended Motorsport Manager? If so, thanks for making me spend 90 hours leading my team up from GP3 to GP2 and I still haven't even stuck a toe into the top tier.

I don't thinks so. If I did that'd be funny because I've never played it :v:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It was me, and you're welcome. That game is highly addictive.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The stratos is so much fun. Probably my favorite car in the game.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

geeves posted:

I don't thinks so. If I did that'd be funny because I've never played it :v:

Okay well, it's fun.

Norns posted:

It was me, and you're welcome. That game is highly addictive.

:cheers:

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I picked up a disc copy of FH3 on sale for $50 and the season pass DLC for on sale on xbl for$25 Canuck Bucks yesterday.

Wheel seems more responsive then FH2, which was really mushy, but not as good as FM6. It doesn't centre properly after rewind or opening menus or starting a race.

One more problem is after the pre-race animation it jumps to Start so quickly. Not enough time rev up and engage the clutch. Why don't they count down 3.2.1.Start?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Hey Molgandhi, long time! You know, your drivatar was the very first one I got to hire back when when FH3 came out, but I had to fire it when I realized you weren't playing.

My $0.02:
FH3 (on console at least) is best enjoyed with a controller. It just isn't as polished in wheel support as Motorsport.
I love the new quick starts. There's enough time to rev, as long as you're prepared as soon as you commit to starting the race. One thing I have always hated is waiting for the bombastic boom boom boom before every race. I want to bang out as many races as I can in the time I have to play; and those delays, plus load times, were very aggravating to me. I love how quick it is now!

Welcome back! I hope you enjoy the game and join GRRC ASAP. If you have any questions, we're here to help. If you've unlocked online, I'm off on Sunday Monday and will be glad to run Campaign Co-op with you and help you level up.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Thanks Howdy. I'm going to struggle with the wheel, at least for now. I have the time and money invested in my setup, might as well use it.

Two questions:

1) What happens to skill chains you have going when you cross the finish line to end a race? I hope / assume you get the XP for completing the skill chain, but I can't figure out a way to confirm/deny my suspicion. If finishing a race breaks a skill chain like crashing that would be dumb as hell, but wouldn't surprise me.

2) Any perk upgrade things that are particularly useful that I should work my way toward unlocking? I'm guessing no, but I could be wrong.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

WienerDog posted:

Thanks Howdy. I'm going to struggle with the wheel, at least for now. I have the time and money invested in my setup, might as well use it.

Two questions:

1) What happens to skill chains you have going when you cross the finish line to end a race? I hope / assume you get the XP for completing the skill chain, but I can't figure out a way to confirm/deny my suspicion. If finishing a race breaks a skill chain like crashing that would be dumb as hell, but wouldn't surprise me.

2) Any perk upgrade things that are particularly useful that I should work my way toward unlocking? I'm guessing no, but I could be wrong.

The one that let's your skill chain build up twice as fast is very good because it'll help you get more skill points :)

I like the fast countdown-less starts, I always hated how you have to view all the beauty shots of the car before you can actually start racing.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

WienerDog posted:

Two questions:

A) What Charles said, because if you want to grind up some stars to buy new perks you just load this one up and then go hoon around the outback for twenty-thirty minutes and make ten+ stars. It's called Skills Shortcut and it's the rocketship on the skills tab, left column, 4th up. Combine this with a Horizon Edition car that grants skills points and a radio station that plays long skill songs (Timeless) and you can grind points drat fast.

Then I recommend:

Right above Skills Shortcut is The XP Bump. It costs 10 points and grants triple skills XP from your next 3 Campaign Races. Combine this with an XP+ Horizon Edition car and you can rack up levels quickly. This is especially true once you've reach Byron Bay level 5 and unlocked the Goliath race, which is basically a huge lap all the way around the map. There are lots of blueprints to choose from. I could bear to do about three laps if I were really looking to grind some XP/levels/wheelspins, but usually two laps is enough to bore me, now. I'm only level 328 and have $21mil and a fairly deep garage, but there are lots of guys here who are light-years beyond that and still going.

Last, and this is optional but can pay off sometimes, is Spin It Again. It's on the Festival Boss tab, right column, 4th up. For 50k you can buy a wheelspin. VIP bonus does not apply, but you can still win cars. You gotta win 50k to break even but if you have extra cash and don't care, sometimes you can get lucky.

Anyone else? That's all I have for now.

I still have a lot of standard game and Blizzard Mountain to do, but usually when I play on the weekends I go straight to online adventure and play with the folks I've met late at night. It's still pretty active, and some people still appreciate respectful players.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Dice racing, Wednesday night at 9 Eastern. Forza Motorsport 6. Be there

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GutBomb posted:

My XB1 is fried and i cant attend but otherwise id be there.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Hooning around the outback as Dies Irae blares out during a rainstorm is definitely the fun way to skill up

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

I am in!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm on now in a class if anyone wants to join

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I'll jump on in a few

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
We are racing now. Join in!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

We are racing now. Join in!

Do you want to try my spec-racing series on Wednesdays? I have some non-goon online buds that may be interested to fill out the numbers since Dizzle destroyed his Xb0x

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Yeah how about posting the details again

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

quote:

Now that football is nearly finished, I'm going to setup a quick 5-week M3 season to start in late January. The season will start with the E30 and end with the E92. 5th week will be your pick of M3 possibly at the full Nurburgring, Le Mans w/chicanes or VIR East/West. The Porsche pack will also be required (sorry poors) because VIR will be one of the stops and racing on it is awesome.

• Spec A700 - with my tune for each*. All of the builds can compete with each other (I run them within 1-2 seconds at Spa ~2:34ish and COTA-W ~1:43ish)
  • The races will be longer. Perhaps long enough to require two pit stops. But total time for each race, qualifying to finish, will be close to an hour / hour fifteen tops. The races will be a time limit to enforce this, so no Howdy timer needed.
  • 10 minute qualifying round (if we do Nurburgring, the GP circuit will be used for qualifying).
  • Forza League rules for start order: Fastest clean lap gets the pole.
  • Fastest dirty qualifier or last qualifier (if all are clean) picks start type & time of day if night is available.
  • No. rain. ever. gently caress that.
  • Sundays, Sundays, Sundays - I'm too busy with work and studying to schedule this during the week. I'm also opening it to non-goons as well, so I want to have a time that Euro/UK people can join. Probably 2pm EST.

*I may change the Tune requirement so you can build your own (no 3rd party tunes) or use mine. This might give a little bit of variety in pit stop strategy depending on your engine. The tunes I've created have minimal changes to the default tune. Tire Pressure, Ride Height, ARB, Aero... Mostly to help with mid-corner understeer.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

This is what happens when you work as an order puller for party rentals in Seattle and a Turn 10 business administrator is throwing a thing for Josef Newgarden from Indycars and you catch wind of this person coming. I'm guessing for FM7 is going to have something more with Indycar racing if Newgarden came up here for a thing.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 30, 2017

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
my boss owns an indycar team and I don't get gently caress all.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I had a 10 minute argument about my boss (The financial administrator of a huge school district) about spending $45 on 3 video cables. So the computers the students use have..... video.

I want free poo poo. :(

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 31, 2017

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

They forgot to add that the Huracan stays in your garage and you can't remove it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
So in the upgrade trees on the top middle there is the "cruise around in Bentley" reward and there's the Lambo and the Mini Cooper ones in the other trees.

Does that mean you spend the points and rent the car for a limited time or does that mean you buy it and keep it?

• Locked thread