Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I was looking for a new game to play and realized I never played South Park: The Stick of Truth. Then I saw if I pre-order the sequel on the PS Store, it says I can get the first game as a bonus upon checking out. But there is no PS4 version of the first game in the store.

If I buy the new game, do they just give me the PS3 version of the old game? Or are they re-releasing the old game on PS4, but not until the sequel comes out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Oh, Double Dragon 4 is out on the NA store. 7 bucks. Guess I'll check it out tonight.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bloodborne?
Until Dawn?
Last Guardian?

????

Bloodborne is first party? I thought it was done with From Software in the same way Nintendo did Bayonetta 2 with Platinum.

Until Dawn I'll give you.

Last Guardian... the issues with that game have turned me off to it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

Bloodborne is first party? I thought it was done with From Software in the same way Nintendo did Bayonetta 2 with Platinum.

I mean you mentioned Uncharted 4 which was developed by Naughty Dog ?!? :confused:

Bloodborne was co-developed with Sony Japan Studio, like Demon's Souls was.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Seriously though how many first party games from Sony have added up to disappointment at this point?

They've got Uncharted 4 as a solid release and what else?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

The only opinion I have of horizon zero dawn is that the name is really bad and dumb.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

slev posted:

The only opinion I have of horizon zero dawn is that the name is really bad and dumb.

Without any sort of context, I would imagine that title would belong to a generic Tom Clancy-styled FPS.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

OldSenileGuy posted:

I was looking for a new game to play and realized I never played South Park: The Stick of Truth. Then I saw if I pre-order the sequel on the PS Store, it says I can get the first game as a bonus upon checking out. But there is no PS4 version of the first game in the store.

If I buy the new game, do they just give me the PS3 version of the old game? Or are they re-releasing the old game on PS4, but not until the sequel comes out?

you get a PS4 re-release immediately on preorder. you don't see the PS4 version of the 1st on the store because preordering the new game is the only way to get it afaik

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Shadow Complex was a recommendable breezy Metroidvania. It combines 2D and 3D pretty well and I think it's in the top half of Metroidvanias.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Oh, Double Dragon 4 is out on the NA store. 7 bucks. Guess I'll check it out tonight.

Hell yeah. Did you play Mother Russia Bleeds? Been in my Wishlist for a while now and I'm waiting to finish another game before checking it out.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

Reliable source is Playstation itself. Everyone else is just rebroadcasting them. It may be February tomorrow but the freebies won't be out till the 7th so there's still lots of time.

This is what I liked from Xbox Live Gold. You have Majornelson telling you everything with anticipation and games are given the first day of the month.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy poo poo, is that a joke? Like how did the voice acting and dialogue get worse from a loving Killzone game

You can take a European developer out of Europe but you can't take the Euro-jank out of a European developer.

haveblue posted:

Wow, this is really bad. Like, even by the standards of years ago. How long have they been working on this?

Linkedin entries suggest it was in pre-production in 2013, scaled up in 2014, and aimed for a late 2015 release which it missed.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sunning posted:

You can take a European developer out of Europe but you can't take the Euro-jank out of a European developer.

Rockstar is a European developer. But yeah if people can tolerate stuff like Final Fantasy 15 then Horizon should be no problem.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Guillermus posted:

This is what I liked from Xbox Live Gold. You have Majornelson telling you everything with anticipation and games are given the first day of the month.

Yeah I'm not sure why it's not the 1st, as if it's books or CDs inherting old logistics and retail conventions. The games are digital downloads so they can come out whenever.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

I think it's a legitimate question?

Gravity Rush 2 is good I guess. That's 2.

lol

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I mean you mentioned Uncharted 4 which was developed by Naughty Dog ?!? :confused:

Bloodborne was co-developed with Sony Japan Studio, like Demon's Souls was.

I thought Sony owned Naughty Dog.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you've come to a thread where the mice chew iron. have at you!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuoMIhuQzts

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Rockstar is a European developer. But yeah if people can tolerate stuff like Final Fantasy 15 then Horizon should be no problem.

FF15 has much better dialogue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9PN8pzSn2Q

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

:stare: You have my interest...

Soul Glo posted:

If you didn't play The Last of Us on PS3, you should play the Remaster on PS4.
I played the everloving crap out of The Last of Us on PS3 and it's easily one of my favorite games of all time. Hell, the announcement of the sequel is one of the things that made me go from "Ehhh, I'll get a PS4 when it's dirt cheap" to "I need one now." That, and a pretty good price offer from a friend. Quick question, is TLOU multiplayer at all active on PS4? I remember it being pretty entertaining, and it's 100% dead on PS3. If that's still running I might consider the remaster worth picking up.

exquisite tea posted:

Yikes, I really wanted this game to be good but... yikes. WTF did I just watch. :eyepop:
poo poo. I was kinda hyped about that...

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx posted:

Just buy it NOW! if you enjoy Japanese weirdness and humor even a little bit you're in for an amazing ride regardless of having played the previous entries.
Sounds good to me. I'll pick it up when I see it somewhere for a decent price.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

I thought Sony owned Naughty Dog.

I mean bloodborne is first party in the sense that sony produced and published it so it's 100% exclusive to ps4, so is this a meaningful distinction to make?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

First party games are irrelevant. Exclusives is a much better gauge of one's need of a console.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Wandle Cax posted:

I mean bloodborne is first party in the sense that sony produced and published it so it's 100% exclusive to ps4, so is this a meaningful distinction to make?

I thought they paid From Software to make it. I was mistaken.

EDIT - I'm not even calling Bloodborne bad, for the record. It's just felt like Sony's first party efforts have had a number of titles that were hyped up that proved to either be unsatisfying or had major issues in recent years.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TFRazorsaw posted:

I thought they paid From Software to make it. I was mistaken.

EDIT - I'm not even calling Bloodborne bad, for the record. It's just felt like Sony's first party efforts have had a number of titles that were hyped up that proved to either be unsatisfying or had major issues in recent years.

From Software developed it, but there was significant input by Sony in the development and, as mentioned, it's Sony published. Basically the same situation as Demon's Souls.

Naughty Dog is actually first party. Maaaaybe second party if that distinction matters, but even then I'm not positive on that.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Until Dawn I'll give you.

Last Guardian... the issues with that game have turned me off to it.

The issues with Last Guardian are not that bad.

It is an extremely good game. I don't think people will like it for $60 but if you can get it for $40 or $30 you will love it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

last guardian is a top 5 game for me of 2016 and i beat 56 games that year. its great. it just has some over animated movement and one or two bad flags for its puzzles that can get frustrating. easy allies gave it game of the year and i can't argue with them. the ending is glorious.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So Yakuza 0 just showed up from Gamefly... this is my first. It looks nice for being a port, the screen tearing is a shame though.

Anyway, how long should I play before I know it's not for me. All the slow walking chatter and sitting around chatting is not compelling to me and really just trying my patience. Does it open up? Get more interesting? Get more fun? Or is it likely it's just not for me?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I didn't like shadow of the colossus and ico enough to want to bother with the hallmarks of this franchise's gameplay on top of what appears to be really bad AI on a companion character. I realize some people find it realistic but to me personally that will always be frustrating.

Also, the game being technically gimped on the base PS4 and not the Pro feels like something I don't want to encourage Sony on, so it won't get my dollars.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sorry to hear that you didn't play an awesome game

Feenix posted:

So Yakuza 0 just showed up from Gamefly... this is my first. It looks nice for being a port, the screen tearing is a shame though.

Anyway, how long should I play before I know it's not for me. All the slow walking chatter and sitting around chatting is not compelling to me and really just trying my patience. Does it open up? Get more interesting? Get more fun? Or is it likely it's just not for me?

play all of chapter 2 and watch the cutscene you get at the end. if majima's introduction doesn't get you pumped you should consult a doctor.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

sorry to hear that you didn't play an awesome game

play all of chapter 2 and watch the cutscene you get at the end. if majima's introduction doesn't get you pumped you should consult a doctor.

Ok. Good advice I'll take it that far. Roughly how many hours (or minutes) away is Chapter 2? I am not slamming the game, just personal tastes (my own) but the slow walking and talking is just grating to me. Not feeling it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Feenix posted:

It's really only a thing in Chapter 1 which is the prologue/tutorial chapter, it opens up in Chapter 2 and on.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

Ok. Good advice I'll take it that far. Roughly how many hours (or minutes) away is Chapter 2? I am not slamming the game, just personal tastes (my own) but the slow walking and talking is just grating to me. Not feeling it.

you gotta defeat kuze in his office and then a mysterious real estate broker (the title of chapter 2) talks to you, and then you need to do detective work in the city and can go whereever and do side missions and stuff until you finish your detective work and then chapter 2 ends.

it could take between 2 and 4 hours from start i'd guess

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

I didn't like shadow of the colossus and ico enough to want to bother with the hallmarks of this franchise's gameplay on top of what appears to be really bad AI on a companion character. I realize some people find it realistic but to me personally that will always be frustrating.

Also, the game being technically gimped on the base PS4 and not the Pro feels like something I don't want to encourage Sony on, so it won't get my dollars.

The AI isn't bad and it runs fine on PS4

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I think Trico has been finicky about three times and every time it was sorted out in about 40 seconds.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Guillermus posted:

They've been pretty consistent with releasing the details on their blog about the PS+ offerings on the Thursday before PS+ Tuesday, you're 4 days early.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The AI is good. TLG is a great game and I've never played anything like it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's not something I want to deal with. More power to you guys, though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's not something I want to deal with.

Dont sign your posts

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There are no problems with Trico's AI, if you want legitimate gripes though that loving camera that loving loves clipping into its body. :argh:
Games still good though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Eidos is not going to get to make another Deus Ex game, which means we'll never get closure on all those dangling plot points :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Eidos is not going to get to make another Deus Ex game

Whaaaaa?!!