Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!
I should sell my NIF Lewa because of the IF, right? Prices seem to be about 20% up, and I don't mind using some other striker for a week and then rebuying him later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

aborn posted:

I should sell my NIF Lewa because of the IF, right? Prices seem to be about 20% up, and I don't mind using some other striker for a week and then rebuying him later.

Yes, and also I'd say there's a pretty good chance of him getting an upgrade so...

e: maybe not on hte upgrade thing, but he has had two informs and the TOTGS and has been playing well, obviously.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 25, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Upgrades are tricky. I would sell your Lewa on Friday or around then because thats when prices go up the most. I really want to get IF Yedlin but if he gets a 75 gold during winter upgrades I'll be real pissed.

I though the MOTM Podolski would drop since TOTW came out but no WL rewards has hit the market hard. I also think a lot of people are holding off playing/opening packs in general until WL is back. Sow being 400K and Podolski being 300k doesn't make sense otherwise, even for a card available 24 hrs. I'm not paying those prices. I got the lovely silver Morrocan MOTM because I need more stupid teams. The MOTM Serie Die/Doumbia, Reus, Bernardo Silva squad is probably the most fun squad I've built yet, hopefully the Moroccan one will be good too.

This TOTW is pretty cool. Cavani's card looks outrageous, his 85 card is already an underutilized top tier striker so I can't imagine what this in form would be like. I've been meaning to do my yearly Uruguay squad (I've always had real awesome results with those squads) so I'm keeping an eye on him (Abel Hernandez is really good btw and I was pissed when he got snubbed for an IF awhile back). Speaking of cards that have delivered for me in the past, one of my final squads last year was a hybrid with Ronaldo and IF Ghoochannejhad up top with TOTS Guardado behind him. Ghoochannejhad's card was broken so I'm hoping his IF is weirdly good this year as well. I also might run Iborra as a false 9 or striker and see how that turns out.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Also the patch fixing the no loss disconnect thing is out on pc and should be out elsewhere Soon, but I wonder if they'll get it deployed before the weekend or whether they'll have to cancel again.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Trip report - Alioui is ok but the 4231 might be the worst formation. Your CAMs play super wide and don't get involved in the play and the CDMS push up crazy far. Further than CMs in a 433.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
I DID IT AGAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qODUG_2Qs6c

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
pro clubs success continues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbIrevMG9Uc

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
24 wins again, but that was just enough for elite monthly, which is chill.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I'm kind of bored of my BPL team and I'm thinking about selling it completely. I'm either going to use the money(probably about 160k) + the money I have invested(once I sell those) to either:

a.) Beef up my Serie A squad and roll with just one squad.
b.) Beef up my Serie A sqaud with 90% of the money and start up a Ligue 1 squad(since I've packed Thiago Silva, Ben Arfa, Sidibe TOTGS, Krychowiak, Cavani)
c.) Make a Serie A / Ligue 1 hybrid(find a way to incorporate Thiago Silva into my Serie A defense).

Any tips? Here's what my serie A team looks like at the moment:

Giovinco SIF Immobile
IF Gomez
Parolo De Rossi Hamsik
Sandro Koulibaly Murillo Florenzi

I'll soon have SBC Giovinco to fit into the mix as well.

I'll probably have ~700k to feed into the squad(in addition to the players I have above) and really want to find a way to work in SBC Giovinco, IF Gomez and SIF Immobile. I'm also anticipating the SBC Higuain to fit in here some where at some point(unless they don't release that for months, so probably don't need to worry about that for awhile). The problem is I have so many CF/CAM/ST types to fit in, I'll likely have to utilize a couple as subs.

Maybe something like this:
https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/1494957

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Definitely make two squads. I really don't understand how people can use one squad to begin with, but to each his own. I would avoid the 4231 at all costs. It's the worst formation I've used all year. I think the Serie A is really suited to a 433 since it has excellent mids and wingers. I'll probably go back to it when the afcon team of the tournament rolls out since Salah will almost certainly be in that and his cards look awesome.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
If you make a serie a team without Perisic you're a drat crazy person!!!

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

hopterque posted:

:agreed:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

The truth.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I decided that for too long Douglas Costa has been too average for my squad. He doesn't score for me, and barely assists. He's really just some fast weak player on the wing that distracts my opponent enough for all my other players to do things. Which is great, I guess, but I got bored of him.

Enter,

I put a Hunter card on him and decided to try him out for 5 or so games. Turns out he's a loving monster and pace isn't an issue with him at all. His crossing, passing, shooting, and dribbling is incredible. His first game he scored a brace, second game a free kick goal. On every one of his games he either scored, had assists, or had key passes that led to goals. A++ would buy again. Douglas Costa has been relegated to 'super sub' status when my LW/RW get tired.

I also noticed that with him in the squad, play got spread around more and I got goals from my CAM, RW, and of course IF-Modeste.

Some highlights:

First goal,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52z_o2B8DoU&t=33s

Second goal,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM0149FjJq0&t=30s

Free kick goal,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_vIINJA1UE&t=32s

:getin:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

And here are some non-Calhanoglu highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKj_2lwoiMU&t=27s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZaBRWmCDHs&t=30s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-5Z6oYKrCI&t=26s

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I scored a really incredible 35+ yard driven free kick with Eriksen but like a Dummy forgot to save the clip.

I do, however, have this. He's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDKloCLNdaE

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

I scored a really incredible 35+ yard driven free kick with Eriksen but like a Dummy forgot to save the clip.

I do, however, have this. He's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDKloCLNdaE
GodDAMN even in slow mo replays that ball has pace.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Blasted right through the WL qualifiers with this squad

The entire Ghanaian core is really good. I've been using Boateng since the start, super strong on the ball and a nice longshot +skills. Atsu is rapid and a very good dribbler, Asamoah is completely underated imo. Serie A has a lot of good mids but Asamoah is legit and has h/h work rates which I like, also 4* skills. Ayew's MOTM looks average on paper but he's tearing it up for me. All of his physical, shooting, and dribbling stats are really well balanced which I like, he's good (but not great) at everything. Top that off with 4* skills and a nice finesse shot and you've got a solid striker.

I'm really really liking the 433 even more now post patch. I would go so far as to say the 433 variants are the best right now but people are stuck in their habits using the 41212 narrow.

The TOTW beside Stindl sucks. The FA cup MOTM squad is just plain ridiculous. The amount EA has catered to the PL this year is bizarre, the cards are overrated more than any others to begin with, the POTM SBCs, the fact they pad out 50% of most TOTWs, the fact they were half the christmas sbcs, and now 12 cards from rd of 16 FA cup action. I know cards based on merit got thrown at the window sometime around fifa 15, but Walcott having an 86 rated card with insane stats...... It's getting ridiculous.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

They released the AFCON TOTT early and it's got some cool cards. I'm buying Keita Diao and Koulibaly cards for sure when the price drops. Keita with shooting + passing is going to be the best LW in Serie A. I might pick up the Salah card if he becomes affordable. I'm gonna hold off until at least after the final though because there is a good chance Salah could get an even higher rated MOTM card.

The Gabriel Jesus card looks awesome, shame he's in the EPL because the hype on that thing will keep him super overpriced. some of the winter OTWs look interesting. Deulofeu, Jovetic, and Adriano are the ones that I'll get if they go near discard.

If you want an Afcon card, don't do the SBC. It's untradeable and really only the Salah and Mane cards will be expensive. I sold a bunch of african players off for 3k, 4k 2k, etc. so the SBC will end up costing more than 95% of those cards, and the card will be random and untradeable.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Seltzer posted:

They released the AFCON TOTT early and it's got some cool cards. I'm buying Keita Diao and Koulibaly cards for sure when the price drops. Keita with shooting + passing is going to be the best LW in Serie A. I might pick up the Salah card if he becomes affordable. I'm gonna hold off until at least after the final though because there is a good chance Salah could get an even higher rated MOTM card.

The Gabriel Jesus card looks awesome, shame he's in the EPL because the hype on that thing will keep him super overpriced. some of the winter OTWs look interesting. Deulofeu, Jovetic, and Adriano are the ones that I'll get if they go near discard.

If you want an Afcon card, don't do the SBC. It's untradeable and really only the Salah and Mane cards will be expensive. I sold a bunch of african players off for 3k, 4k 2k, etc. so the SBC will end up costing more than 95% of those cards, and the card will be random and untradeable.

The tradeable summer OTW is really tempting me right now. I bought a bunch of 84 rated cards and sold most for ~800-1000 coin profit, but I have enough left over to fill a couple squads worth.
I have a couple SIF Skrtel's that I bought at 14k, which could make the 84 rating attainable with some filler 82s. Would basically just need to buy a couple OTW cards for ~60k. Out of pocket cost would be about 24k per pack, when you consider that any bad OTW pack could just be re-sold for 60k immediately. Thoughts?

That Balde Diao and Koulibaly cards will likely find their way into my Serie A squad. Kouli is like my favorite defender I've used, he's a total beast. This is what I'm thinking:
https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/1568290

with SBC Giovinco off the bench and hopefully an SBC Higuain at ST at some point. That Joao Mario looks like a nice CM card as well.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'd wait a bit, the winter OTWs are filled with some poo poo players so I think the lowest OTW cards might drop a bit over time to use in SBCs. I'm tempted to do one summer tradeable as well.

e- Also that squad looks awesome, dang. I just wish the striker options in serie a were a bit better. I haven't really got on with any of the big cards.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Seltzer posted:

I'd wait a bit, the winter OTWs are filled with some poo poo players so I think the lowest OTW cards might drop a bit over time to use in SBCs. I'm tempted to do one summer tradeable as well.

e- Also that squad looks awesome, dang. I just wish the striker options in serie a were a bit better. I haven't really got on with any of the big cards.

I've been pretty happy with SIF Immobile, haven't tried Higuain or Dybala, would consider SIF Mertens if he was affordable. Though I like a striker that has a bit of physicality, that's why I'm hoping for the Calcio A SBC to drop soon. A 91 rated Higuain with a Hawk chemistry style on him would have something like 90 pace, 97 shooting, 90 dribbling and 88 Physical. As far as face stats go I don't think there's another striker that has that mix apart from Suarez or maybe Lacazzette.

With my luck the Calcio A SBC won't drop ever, or not until like July or some crap, so I'll just have to get by with SIF Immobile.

PS: Check your squad for Ghana Silvers, just sold two for 10k a piece instantly.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The OTWs are dropping like crazy, Dembele is down 130k and the winter ones are all very low. Thinking about picking a few up. Dembele will rocket up again after the SBC and cards like Depay are interesting. One IF and Depay is the best winger in Ligue 1.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'd reallllly like to get a Dembele OTW card, both for investment purposes and because he's awesome. So here's hoping the price keeps dropping.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

The OTWs are dropping like crazy, Dembele is down 130k and the winter ones are all very low. Thinking about picking a few up. Dembele will rocket up again after the SBC and cards like Depay are interesting. One IF and Depay is the best winger in Ligue 1.
Yeah I picked up OTW Sanches for 58k. I already use his card for my squad, so gently caress it. I was already planning to buy him when I had 100k, but this just sped up that process.

Running this squad now,

SIF-Keita at 6 chem still has a huge advantage over his first in-form, stat-wise. I played 5 or so games with him and he performs well above the first in-form. He's a steal at 15k

Tzen fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 4, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Got burned on the tradeable OTW, should've known better.

More importantly what the gently caress is a foul in this game.

Yellow Card

No pen

I forget if it was fifa 16 or early this year when penalties in the box were given much more realistically and everyone complained. I much prefer that to whatever we have now people are not punished for their poo poo defending.

e- those are from just my past few games for the record

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Also with the winter OTW does anyone have any guesses who will rack up some IFs from that bunch? From what I know I think Jovetic, Payet, and Deulofeu could get a few though I think Deulofeu might be behind Suso on the depth chart at Milan. Draxler should get another just by being on PSG in Ligue 1. Depay has looked poo poo but I think he might start scoring again in Ligue 1 and his upgrade would be absolutely massive. The rest of the players I'm not certain on (Jesus could get some upgrades but he's not worth the hype). Anyone looking at specific cards for when they drop in price after the SBC? I'm thinking Jovetic, Deulofeu, Depay. Jovetic and Deulofeu already happen to be favorites of mine and as I said with Depay, his upgrade would be crazy. I would pick up Adriano but his IFs will be cheaper than tieing up coins to a OTW.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Jovetic is one I'd drop 30k or so on just for the chance of him getting upgraded since he's one of my favorite players over the last few years, and he'll probably do well so why not.

Also, I pulled the trigger on OTW Dembele at 190k on ps4. Its hovering ~200k and isn't looking super likely that its gonna drop much, and even if it does oh well, he'll still shoot way the gently caress back up in price especially once the upgrades come through (his h2h card has like 91 pace on his base card so he SHOULD get an upgrade to his informs, also he was upgraded to 5star skills in h2h). Hopefully he'll get some more informs too.

But investment aside, the main reason I got him was to mix up my fut champs team.

Running this now: https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=j64tUIGtnMtEP:FFA17PS4

with the intention to eventually build it into this: https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=kRYtS6VwnMtEQ:FFA17PS4

but if Modeste plays as well as he did for me first game I'll probably keep him, especially if he gets upgraded further.

He really is good.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Nice, I picked up Dembele for 150k on xbox. I'm gonna sell when the upgrades are announced and then rebuy after. That always seems to be the best bet. The price will shoot through the roof if the card has 91 pace and 5* skills when it's announced.

I've bought a bunch of players this weekend, I think having 4 squads out and the SBCs is making stuff artificially low. I got TOTT Keita + Koulibaly, Motm Pedro for 27k which is really dumb given that you can just swap him to RW in game and it's the same chemistry, yet his first IF is going for 60k. I snagged IF RW valencia to swap him with but you could just put Bellerin in on at 6 chem and be fine. I'm gonna blow the rest on Stindl (will easily unseat Draxler as my bundesliga CAM and central CM) Salah and a couple winter one to watch cards.

e- I'd think about giving Koscielny, IF reid or someone else a try over Bailly if I were you. H/M CBs have become more of a liability post patch, but that's just my experience.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah I was thinking about that, I might just swap to a dortmund right side with Rode, Sokratis and Piszczek, but I've not had a huge problem with Bailly (I've been running this team with various different striker/RW combinations for a long time). We'll see.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Boy, IF Modeste gets his head on every single corner kick no matter how many people there are covering him.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

Boy, IF Modeste gets his head on every single corner kick no matter how many people there are covering him.
Nice to see someone else using him! That IF/OTW Dembele is my next goal.

His scoring run has finally started to slow for me, and his ratio dropped some. He's now at 151 played, 144 goals. Still banging them in though,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alfk3DVoHvQ&t=37s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psdq9P30fUY&t=33s

My favorite recent goal,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLvomRl95YU&t=19s

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Buy that Motm pedro and swap him in game, trust me. Or just pick him up as a super sub. He might be the best winger I've used this year. Awesome dribbling, passing and shooting, he feels way quicker than the card suggests too. With the results I'm getting from him he feels like a winger worth 200k and He's sitting at 27k right now and has a strong link to Kante... it's a no brainer imo to buy him. Even if you don't do the IF Valencia swap like I do subbing on any 6 chem RB is still worth it imo.

Motm Keita has been ... ehh for me so far. I might need to change his instructions a bit but he doesn't seem as fast or good a dribbler as the card says. It could be his low reaction stat. But there's also been some weird thing in fifa for a long time where tall players never dribble as well as the stats say. Motm Koulibaly is a awesome but that's obvious. 6'5, 88 reactions, 76 pace, 96 strength. My favorite thing about him is that he is the ultimate big man counter. You don't run into many people using Lukaku, Benteke etc. but if you do he acts as insurance. You can absolutely muscle the strong players on breakaways when a lot of CBs with 85 or even 90 strength would get pushed aside. He's great for fouling the poo poo out of strong players on the break to stop a goal (use standing tackle/tug to avoid a red).

Oh also I was about to make fun of the multiple idiots I played yesterday with OTW Jesus in there squads that they paid 300k for and then he goes and scores a brace today guaranteeing he'll get an IF and that the NIF will be out of packs another week. They over doubled their profit basically when they would've normally lost half had he not delivered today.

e- The other nice thing about Pedro is they had to give him some defensive upgrade so he has a random +20 interceptions from the previous IF meaning I'm now getting some interceptions from him on the wing now as a bonus.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Regularly Koulibaly is a loving tank already, so I'm almost certainly gonna pick up his orange card.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Is there a good guide on making coins on trading for 17? I haven't played since 13 so I wager things have changed quite a bit. Do people these days just guess what SBC's are going to be up and invest in players that will be sought after? Any reliable sites to check up on price trends and such?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah a lot of it is speculating on SBCs. I make most of my money from the weekend league really, 45k or whatever a week plus 3 packs full of poo poo to sell.

Speaking of, i was at 21 wins with 7 left and wound up going 2-5 to finish my weekend with 23 wins, one worse than my last 7 weeks or whatever its been at 24 so far.

e: Also, Futbin is the place for price checking these days, it's pretty good.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 6, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I've meant to use Kante and Sanches together in one squad for awhile to just completely boss the midfield and sap my opponents desire to play FIFA. Picking up OTW Dembele and Motm Pedro allowed me to build an awesome hybrid.

I swap Johnson and Pedro in game. Johnson has sentinel is right footed and plays absolutely fine at rb. The squad is amazing to play with. I got a red card and just subbed on a CB and took off Stindl and Kante and Sanches single handedly held down the midfield with no problem.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Some dude on the Fifa forums has done over 170 of the tradeable OTW SBCs and is still yet to get Kante, Pogba or Higuain. Pretty hilarious.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/245043/otw-untradable-summer-sbc-135-and-counting/p2

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah Sanchez and Kante in the same midfield is a loving silly, silly thing, made even more insane for me by using that untradeable TIF Eriksen I have who has seemingly unlimited stamina and will make every tackle despite his defending being low and is just as much "everywhere all at once" as Sanchez and Kante, but also he has god tier free kicks and can score shots from anywhere on the planet earth. I would seriously expect him to be completely outplayed by the OP Duo but he contributes just as much as the other two defensively for me while also being absolutely unstoppable in front of the net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

hopterque posted:

Yeah Sanchez and Kante in the same midfield is a loving silly, silly thing, made even more insane for me by using that untradeable TIF Eriksen I have who has seemingly unlimited stamina and will make every tackle despite his defending being low and is just as much "everywhere all at once" as Sanchez and Kante, but also he has god tier free kicks and can score shots from anywhere on the planet earth. I would seriously expect him to be completely outplayed by the OP Duo but he contributes just as much as the other two defensively for me while also being absolutely unstoppable in front of the net.

futbin has added some cool player stats like:
games played
goals per game
assists per game

It's fun looking at some of the players and seeing how often they are used and how prolific they are at scoring.

Messi ( .53, .28)
Ronaldo (.73, .29)
Aguero (.67, .3)
Bale( .46, .28)

TIF Eriksen (.38 goals/game, .33 assists/game)
TOTY Modric (.26, .23)
TOTY Ozil (.28, .23)
TOTY Iniesta (.25, .25)
De Bruyne(.31, .3)
IF Gomez (.51, .32) <--- Basically Messi. Currently 23k

Of course these are all pretty meaningless, the really popular players are going to be used by the guys spending $2000 on fifa points who suck at the game. But it's a fun little thing to compare players on.

I'm at a crossroads right now, I bought a OTW Pjanic and Mane while they were bottomed out, hoping they both rebound in price a bit(they should long term).

The problem is I really want to buy a couple SIF Lukaku's once they really bottom out, hoping I can flip them after his TIF comes out and costs like 500k(same thing happened with Lacazette). Could potentially make 100-200k off of those in the matter of a few days, but would require me selling the two OTW guys I have for basically a small loss. Also thinking about just gutting my club and my BPL squad and trying to afford 3 or 4 Lukakus, could be huge reward but a pain in the rear end to do by Wednesday afternoon. What do y'all think? Could put me over the $1MM mark if it works out. Lukaku currently at 260k, was at 370k a week ago and 400k 10 days ago. Who knows, outside chance at an upgrade as well could make this huuuuuge. Lacazette dropped to 200k when TOTW was released and rebounded to 300k within a day or two.

• Locked thread