Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Did it ever actually turn out to be anything when it came to people posting in FYAD cause usually the people there just acted like it was boring that games was sending people to them and didn't want to do their dirty work

FYAD is always really nice to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

One of my favourite first post shutdowns

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I remember a c. 2006 desparate games intro post in GBS where the first reply was less than a minute after OP and just a big green "ACCESS GRANTED" screen picture. The rest of the thread was alternately people making fun of OP, and wondering why the first reply guy had that picture handy. Like he just kept that waffle images link on his clipboard all the time, waiting for someone to stumble in begging to play WoW

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
sometimes the stars do align.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The best first post own ever was Crumbunist (within seconds) on Terensque in the thread where T tried to call out someone else in helldump

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2695197&pagenumber=1

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 23:00 on Jan 29, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
SomethingAwful needs its own Final Destination movie based on all these crazy Goon Sagas.

A bored Millennial buys experimental Russian Horse Meth. He mistake the dosage instructions and proceeds to inject the product directly into his eyeballs. His eyeballs swell up and he can't tell if he's gained x-ray vision or everybody else on the planet decided to spontaneously have their faces melt off and regenerate over and over. With growing panic, he jumps in his Toyota but accidentally slams the door on his arm. Completely unaware, he tears down the highway with his arm flapping and helicoptering around out the side like a ribbon.

Meanwhile, a young man clad in nothing but bike shorts and crocs overthrottles his 9,000HP motorcycle and tears down the same highway. Barely able to maintain control, he is clipped in the helmet by the other man's flapping dead-arm, causing him to immediately careen off the highway and crash into a Doobie Franchised hot dog stand (strategically located with the hopes of selling dawgs to people stuck in traffic). His trachea is pierced by a particularly sharp Doobie Dog and while recovering later he recalls that was the second time in his life his heart stopped from hot-dog related shenanigans.

Completely undeterred, the other man proceeds off the highway in search of his dealer with the hopes he can counter the effects of the Horse Meth with safer bath salts. Unfortunately he ends up on Goon Nature Preserve. Distracted by torturing piglets to death, the residents don't notice the dead armed man with bulging eyeballs stumble out of a Toyota Tercel. Freckles, their prize dressage horse does notice him, and the erratic movements of the stoned man immediately remind Freckles of ants, causing him to fly into a paroxysm of fear. He jumps ten feet backward and inexplicably gets entangled on Goon Nature Preserve Kiddie Zipline, immediately sending him down a steep hillside. Freckles' fragile equine heart explodes as he rapidly approaches terminal velocity down the steep zipline.

At the bottom of the gully, Freckles' corpse gets jolted free and the momentum causes him to slam into the side of a recently purchased rental property investment Groverhaus now owns. The home's foundation is scarcely affixed to the walls save for some staples and rotted particle board, and the impact of the 2,000 pound beast shears the entire home off the foundation and sends it toppling over sideways. The film ends with Allstate denying Groverhaus' homeowner insurance claim.

Panfilo has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Jan 29, 2017

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
I got a sensible chuckle from your post, and like half a memory. Wasn't there a goon who was in a high speed chase with the cops and ended up running pantsless through a field trying to escape? Were you referencing that/does anyone else remember more?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Holy poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Aesop Poprock posted:

The best first post own ever was Crumbunist (within seconds) on Terensque in the thread where T tried to call out someone else in helldump

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2695197&pagenumber=1

lmao at how fast that reply was

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Lysistrata posted:

I got a sensible chuckle from your post, and like half a memory. Wasn't there a goon who was in a high speed chase with the cops and ended up running pantsless through a field trying to escape? Were you referencing that/does anyone else remember more?

I don't have a link but I do have an artists conception

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
YES. That's the one. Man that thread was fun. Thank you for finding the pic!

Edit: oh my god he did punch one of the police dogs, didn't he. And he got tased too but I don't think it stopped him the first time.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

I wish pictures could be thread titles

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Holy poo poo Terensque is still posting.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

quote:

One evening some goon drank too many energy drinks or something and had a nervous breakdown. He drove pantsless across New England and when the cops finally pulled him over he tried to run and they had to release the dogs. Among other things he was charged with assaulting one of the dogs. I forget all the other details, all I have is this picture:

Justin Godscock posted:

Holy gently caress, I remember this. To add some context GBS was in a really weird and manic mood that night and someone posted a thread about how their friend (who had schizophrenia or some such mental illness) and went into a psychotic episode and led the police on a chase (an article/video someone dug up in the thread showed at least 10 cop cars involved). What resulted was him bailing out of his car, knocking out a couple K9s that were sent after him before finally being tasered into submission. Oh, and the OP was trying to get donations for his legal defence or some poo poo. This sounds really horrific but, again, GBS isn't your personal hugbox, donation kiosk or psychiatrist so what did he expect?

chernobyl kinsman posted:

iirc he also ripped the taser leads out of his chest while charging at the cops

it was Him. he was the Goon. it was the Prophecy.

chernobyl kinsman has a new favorite as of 01:44 on Jan 31, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It's like the goon equivalent of the video of the iguana evading a hundred snakes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

food court bailiff posted:

Holy poo poo Terensque is still posting.

Bet he's still smokin' that pipe.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Panfilo posted:

It's like the goon equivalent of the video of the iguana evading a hundred snakes.

That video stresses me the hell out but this comparison cannot be defeated

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Aesop Poprock posted:

Did it ever actually turn out to be anything when it came to people posting in FYAD cause usually the people there just acted like it was boring that games was sending people to them and didn't want to do their dirty work

I usually saw it get some good burns in then a ban for the newbie.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

January 20th: We're making Something Awful Again!

January 31st: *hasn't posted in 4 days*

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

bradzilla posted:

Tbh lowtax not posting does make the forums better

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

bradzilla posted:

you mean to tell me lowtax isn't following through?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bradzilla posted:

Something was already awful.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lowtax: sigh....I feel like an outsider.. *tasks minions to handle everything and minces ineffectually.*

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

bradzilla posted:

*desperately thumbs through notes*
he will be back any minute
*[thinking]come on there's gotta be something*
he's been really busy

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Lowtax should have an E/N blog where only he can post and he talks about his day. I think it'd help him feel better.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

purple death ray posted:

Tbh lowtax not posting does make the forums better

It's true. Left to mutate on their own, the forums get weird and silly and I like it more.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

*desperately thumbs through notes*
he will be back any minute
*[thinking]come on there's gotta be something*
he's been really busy

Does he have the kids this week?

Dammit Lauren, he was our dad first!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i think he said he did

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Does anyone have the original floor pizza post? I've been able to piece things vaguely together since, but I'm still seeing it referenced and thought I'd finally get around to reading the initial event.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Can anyone link me that one thread with the thirteen year old who read Kant six times?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Anyone remember that thread that was essentially everyone talking about a make believe Ducktales MMO? It was great because everyone worked together perfectly and made it sound so real, with poo poo about class systems, locations, PVP etc, that every page there was at least one person begging for a link to the game.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Das Boo posted:

Does anyone have the original floor pizza post?
Wasn't that the goon who casually mentioned leaving take out pizza under the bed for him to snack on first thing in the morning?

Posted with no sense of just how odd or unhealthy such a thing could be.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WebDog posted:

Wasn't that the goon who casually mentioned leaving take out pizza under the bed for him to snack on first thing in the morning?

Posted with no sense of just how odd or unhealthy such a thing could be.

This is the guy who met his wife (also a goon) while they were stalking Chris-Chan together, right? Or is there another floor pizza guy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

WickedHate posted:

Can anyone link me that one thread with the thirteen year old who read Kant six times?

Was that the one where the kid was all "people my age are so dumb and I'm so smart"?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Len posted:

Was that the one where the kid was all "people my age are so dumb and I'm so smart"?

Yes.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure it was Marx :

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504508

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Thaaat's it. Thanks!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bradzilla posted:

To be fair trying to argue that the site had become "too liberal" and instituting a widespread moderation coup in response to that just days before Trump's inauguration was some really, really unfortunate timing in hindsight. Especially right on the heels of saying we should be more like Kiwifarms only to have them doxx a bunch of our users and then shut down.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah so basically the site is now full of concern trolls who are either neo Nazis or sociopaths who thrive on negative attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah so basically the site is now full of concern trolls who are either neo Nazis or sociopaths who thrive on negative attention.

"now"