Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!!!
Burn and Lug, A Gun Mage UA, A Gunner, and a Grenadier Warjack!

Claiming the Jurnul Challenge for white for painting these two guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

I just wish I could photograph these things without them looking like entries for the Worst painting thread - no matter what I do they look like I've put to much paint on, when in reality they don't look half bad.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of January a Malifaux Drowned

Another late oath, hopefully I can get it done in time.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

I finished these awhile ago but waited awhile to post them to try and get nice pictures (gave up :v:)

The paint jobs on the manufacturer's web site have them painted like storks or something, but I only have like 14 colors, 1 of which is scarlet, so I went for Scarlet Ibises. I think they came out pretty well, although I kinda suck at highlighting their arms properly. I also have no idea what those cylinders hanging off of their right sides are supposed to be.

Bonus picture of them with their buds in various states of assembly (not part of my oath)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of January a Malifaux Drowned

Another late oath, hopefully I can get it done in time.

Approved!

:siren: 2.5 days remaining to get your completions posted folks! :siren:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath complete!

I'm claiming the Technical Challenge for all the white on Lady Amelia.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint 2 Corpse Candles and 2 Silent Ones from Malifaux

Aaaaaaand, Oath Complete!

The Silent Ones.

Corpse Candles. Like the way the flesh turned out on these. Nice and gross looking :)

Claiming Jurnal thanks to the Silent Ones, who are bundled up in cloaks to keep them warm from that snow basing!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete!

Hey turns out that painting white is still as much of a pain in the rear end as ever, but I did it so claiming the technical challenge for my dog:

Looking at the photos I'd really like to take another swing at the faces, I clearly missed on getting the details on eyes in properly, but I'm done painting white so sorry!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath complete!
Keeping it light this month.

Proteus, also my theme submission.

Meatsac

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath this Pan Oceania Nisse HMG, 25mm from Corvus Belli

Oath Addition!

One Joan 2.0, Corvus Belli, 25mm scale.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:ducksiren: OATH COMPLETE :ducksiren:

A few days early too!

Claiming the challenge, using my :australia: card to finish the other half of my season flip with Feeling hot! hot! hot! it’s the hottest time of the year! and my fiery Red Dragon hatchling

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath Addition!

Approved!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath this Pan Oceania Nisse HMG, 25mm from Corvus Belli

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath Addition!

Oath complete! Even if it kinda sucks. Claiming technical challenge for the big dumb white coat.

(This is the most flattering angle I got here - she looks like Trump head-on)

I need more face practice, and I am continually vexed by the fact I can get a nice red gradation coming off black primer, but my blues all look the goddamn same no matter how many glazes I put on them.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Red Shoe posted:

Oath complete!
Keeping it light this month.

Proteus, also my theme submission.

Meatsac

Aw man, you had to post this right after me? :( I don't even know what that guy is but he's rad as gently caress

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for the white on the Enforcers, and Speed Painting for the Ice Toads.

Signal posted:

Oath Addition and Speed Paint

Four little frogs I got from a Kickstarter, now turned into Ice Toads for Frostgrave!

Super speed painting month for me, getting quite a lot done! More stuff in the Painting Thread from this month.

Signal fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 1, 2017

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Takuan posted:

In October, my house was flooded with 2 feet of water. I haven't had the time, temperament, or space to paint since then. But now, I'm back in my own home and I got Descent for Christmas.
I, Takuan, Oath for January 8 Descent heroes

Takuan posted:

Oath Addition
Jehenna and Sir Coric from Reaper
[tho I'm gonna use them for Lieutenants for Descent]

Oath Complete!

I might take better photos once I get over this cold and put together a new lightbox. Seriously thinking about getting one of those new miniature mats I've seen folks using. Using this MT:G playmat as a test.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Indolent Bastard posted:

I oath 5 Army Mans from AT-43 (soon to be used for Infinity)

Oath addition 3 Mantic skeletons

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete!

With the UCM, a good wash (or really just a decent wash) is cruise control for good-looking. Slapping on wash instantly made everything look better.

I feel like my Shaltari scheme ended up being too dark, but hell with it. I also absolutely do not have the patience to paint the ten million dots on those things. Ugh. Also the first time I worked with glaze medium, so it ended up a little goopy. Still a nice tool in my box when I want, say, red metal or something.

Also, now that this is done, I have starter fleets for all four Dropfleet factions.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

What I have learned this month : Holy poo poo, I am bad at painting minis now.

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

The Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Liquid Communism posted:

FEEL THAT. I got back on the miniature painting horse a short while ago and man, I suuuuuuuck compared to the old me.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Horace-Noah posted:

FEEL THAT. I got back on the miniature painting horse a short while ago and man, I suuuuuuuck compared to the old me.

I'll post up shortly once I get done basing this thing, but I'm pretty sure I suck compared to a two year old. My brush control is for -poo poo- now. and I hosed up the details pretty fierce because of it.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Hey Zark, how liberally can we interpret next month's theme challenge? 'cause I've been wanting to paint some of my dudes like Metal Gear Solid characters, and that's a game that desperately wants to be like a movie :v:

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Am I allowed to participate with models I design and 3d print myself? Or just post them for tips even if I don't get points?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

krushgroove posted:

The Oath Thread is primarily for wargamers of all types, miniature painters and model builders/sculptors, but anyone interested in painting a small version of something is welcome to participate!

Bubblyblubber posted:

Am I allowed to participate with models I design and 3d print myself? Or just post them for tips even if I don't get points?
Go nuts!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bubblyblubber posted:

All minis are valid! Even hobby kit models are valid!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Oath Completed!

I'm not fully happy with this, but it's good enough for the table it's for.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Oath completed!

theme challenge: use snow effect type basing to enhance the cold effect of a model that is wrapped up for warmth

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Pretty all of them count for journal, since all the models have snow on the bases and are wearing warm clothes.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Sorry for the terrible pics this month - need to tame the camera on a new phone.

Space stations took some going before they looked okay, and I ran out of inspiration part way through. Some sponge weathering to make them look like old industrial machinery helped.
The Claw, being Titiania's Winter Knight, is fulfilling my Jurnal entry this month...

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Was hoping to get pictures in natural light when I got home today but drat it got dark early. :/ Ah well.

Oath Complete!

Claiming the technical challenge for Pandaman's white booty.

Now, whatever you think of the Suicide Squad movie, this sculpt is probably the best thing to come out of it. It is now my wife's favourite thing in the collection.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Oath Complete

Single model but I have been doing some catch up and getting some batch painting done for my cult horde. The photos are not good either.

Also if it is a thing still I would like to Save Da Whales for my August oath which I have now finished

JackMack posted:

I, JackMack, oath five Scavengers by Copplestone Castings

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Signal posted:

Oath Complete!

Get some names on those pics for credit!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oath addition 3 Mantic skeletons

Approved!

Liquid Communism posted:

We all go through that at some point, keep painting and fight through the burn! :D

grassy gnoll posted:

Hey Zark, how liberally can we interpret next month's theme challenge? 'cause I've been wanting to paint some of my dudes like Metal Gear Solid characters, and that's a game that desperately wants to be like a movie :v:

MGS sounds like fair game to me.

Bubblyblubber posted:

Participation yes, though you'd be better posting in the general mini painting and modelling thread for tips

JackMack posted:

Also if it is a thing still I would like to Save Da Whales for my August oath which I have now finished

Paging Leperflesh! No idea if it's still being done this season. Can't find rules etc. in the OPs for it either...

:siren: 12 hours remaining folks! :siren:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

With goons as my witness, I, Geisladisk, oath to paint these 14 Soviet riflemen, 4 machine gun crew, 2 sergeants, and 1 lieutenant for the month of January. (28mm, Warlord Games)

Oath Complete

21 Soviet Army Mans. 14 Riflemen, 2 Machinegunners, 2 Machinegunner assistants, 2 Sergeants, 1 Lieutenant, so fresh out of basic that the flock isn't dry yet and dusted off on my makeshift lightbox.

Bonus: Tanks!

Tiger I

Soviet lend-lease Sherman

Geisladisk fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 1, 2017

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Jurnal is the winter theme, winter clothes, and winter bases.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Oath complete

For the Challenge, I made this goatperson so white that he probably listens to N*Sync between raids.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

Paging Leperflesh! No idea if it's still being done this season. Can't find rules etc. in the OPs for it either...

:siren: 12 hours remaining folks! :siren:

I am really not fussed at all. Just happy to have got them done.

Moon Wizard
Dec 29, 2011

Oath Complete!

Crawlers turned out a bit grayer than I was aiming for but overall I'm pretty happy with how things turned out.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! Some more orcs and gobbos for my orc army.

5 mawbeasts

Greenskins

Warīhum quwitak!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete

Claiming Challenge for the various shades of white.

• Locked thread