Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Why haven't I seen Con Air mentioned yet

watch Con Air

The Rock, for that matter

Anything from when Nicholas Cage was still well thought of, and attracted quality co-stars.

Face-off too, but that's where his career jumped the shark, so you're skating on thin ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Also, submitting Equilibrium, because sudafed can help suspend disbelief.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Watch the raid and the raid 2 and enjoy some silat ownage.

Also i always watch guardians of the galaxy when Im sick because that movie is cool and good.

Re-watched saving private ryan the other day. gently caress it holds up real well for a movie thats now 18ish years old.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Turdsdown Tom posted:

hahaha it didn't even occur to me that every movie on that list featured Will Ferrell

it's been a long day

me and metapod were high-fiving on discord when this thread first came around due to my sick nasty will ferrell trolls i pulled off here

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Send me the discord link the other one wouldnt work plz.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Febreeze posted:

It's real good, it's incredibly good to watch all these hall of famers talk about how much they bonded on these buffalo teams and try desperately to say that Buffalo isn't a dump rear end town only appreciated by local buffaloans who have no frame of reference for how bad it sucks because they have only lived in buffalo

jokes aside it's an above average 30 for 30, which means it's good. Maybe not top tier 30f30, but still above average

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's really, really good. I was only old enough to love the Steelers (to impress my older brothers) while all of that was happening with Buffalo, so it gave me a real appreciation of how great those Bills teams were. There's a cathartic sadness to it. Definitely recommend

Thank you friends, I think I will watch it then.

I wonder if TFF would enjoy a "lets watch every football movie" thread, in which we list all the movies with football and then watch them.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

I wonder if TFF would enjoy a "lets watch every football movie" thread, in which we list all the movies with football and then watch them.

Sounds like good offseason faire

My favorites are still:
The Little Giants
The Longest Yard (Remake)
The Replacements

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

The Rock is a steaming pile of poo poo compared to Con Air.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
For real though, when picking a mindless movie you should check out the podcast How Did This Get Made. Pick a movie that they cover, watch the movie then the podcast and thank me later. Since we are on the subject, they cover Con Air and is an excellent intro episode along with Face/Off.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Sounds like good offseason faire

My favorites are still:
The Little Giants
The Longest Yard (Remake)
The Replacements

I also enjoy the replacements, and any given sunday, and even though I fully acknowledge it's a terrible movie I can't ever not watch The Waterboy when it's on TV.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
The Sandlot is the best sports movie

Followed by:
Semi Pro
Kicking & Screaming

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Any given sunday is pretty cool. Lawrence taylor remarkably plays a cocaine fuelled psycho linebacker really well.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Shane Falco is the best fictional QB of all time.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

swickles posted:

It's a decent QB name too but he'd probably be an overrated journeyman QB in our reality

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

swickles posted:

You need to inflate yo chest with metrx.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

BlindSite posted:

Send me the discord link the other one wouldnt work plz.

https://discord.gg/9zBnAyT

this one wont expire

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

schweens posted:

The Sandlot is the best sports movie

Followed by:
Semi Pro
Kicking & Screaming

well if you're expanding all the way out to any sports movie...
cool runnings
Senna
loving Rocky
the big lebowski (bowling is so a sport)
white men cant jump
raging bull I mean come on

also the bad news bears lol

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh and I don't love it but a lot of people would say hoosiers

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

well if you're expanding all the way out to any sports movie...
cool runnings
Senna
loving Rocky
the big lebowski (bowling is so a sport)
white men cant jump
raging bull I mean come on

also the bad news bears lol

I mean, Caddyshack should be in this post somewhere if bowling makes the cut.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Boxing is the perfect sport for cinema and all boxing movies are better than other sport movies

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, Caddyshack should be in this post somewhere if bowling makes the cut.

this won't make me a lot of friends but I hate caddyshack which is why I left it off the list

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Metapod posted:

Boxing is the perfect sport for cinema and all boxing movies are better than other sport movies

agreed Robot Jox is the ideal sports movie

On the other hand, I did not care for million dollar baby. It felt like it was going to be a great movie for the first half and then it turned into clint eastwood wallows in poo poo because the world sucks. Which OK but he did that movie better with Unforgiven.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Whoever said OJ: Made in America, you are good.

Also, the lead single to the soundtrack to Con Air is this for some reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0yBqY3iLEE

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Metapod posted:

Should i watch southpaw

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I like Gone in 60 Seconds

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Warrior is a fun sports movie and Tom Hardy is very handsome

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Leperflesh posted:

MASH

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

not sure why but sports don't make for good fiction.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

schweens posted:

Should i watch southpaw

Is it a boxing movie? Yes

Then you should watch it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

agreed Robot Jox is the ideal sports movie

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Robot JOX is possibly the least Stuart Gordon movie Stuart Gordon ever made but it's still really good.

speaking of which, everyone should watch Castle Freak. It's got a castle, it's got a freak, what's not to love.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Frog Princess posted:

The Rock is a steaming pile of poo poo compared to Con Air.

swickles posted:

For real though, when picking a mindless movie you should check out the podcast How Did This Get Made. Pick a movie that they cover, watch the movie then the podcast and thank me later. Since we are on the subject, they cover Con Air and is an excellent intro episode along with Face/Off.
I remember being young and watching Con Air the same day as Face/Off and liking it a whole lot more.

Metapod posted:

I mean, maybe, but I think because of Rocky, Raging Bull and more recently Million Dollar Baby that and there are just a lot more attempts at 'prestige' boxing films that just don't really exist for other sports because they win awards and you can do your Scorcese/De Niro homage. I feel like every male actor now has to play a boxer somewhere along the line in the same way they have to play a soldier, a cop, a famous political figure, a superhero, etc. to round out their portfolio.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

This guy gets it.

Best overall sports movie is Slap Shot.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fartknocker posted:

This guy gets it.

Best overall sports movie is Slap Shot.

It's my favorite documentary

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

schweens posted:

Should i watch southpaw

Its a cool movie if you dont like boxing.

If you like boxing the boxing will annoy you.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

schweens posted:

Should i watch southpaw

Metapod posted:

Is it a boxing movie? Yes

Then you should watch it

No, Southpaw is really bad. I say this as a massive fan of Gyllenhaal and a sometimes fan of boxing. It is a bad sports movie and every boxing scene in it is terrible. It's ok if you don't understand boxing, have never boxed, and don't mind how bad the boxing is. It is bad for boxing though. If that movie were a UFC fighter it would be a Gracie, and not even one of the good ones. It would be a bad Gracie like Renzo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BlindSite posted:

Its a cool movie if you dont like boxing.

If you like boxing the boxing will annoy you.

:lol: glad to see I'm not the only one.

Oh he switched stances for one punch in the 12th round oh wow how cool that's totally brilliant strategic planning oh wow no wonder the movie is called Southpaw when he's an orthodox fighter oh wow oh wow

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Oh he switched stances for one punch in the 12th round oh wow how cool that's totally brilliant strategic planning oh wow no wonder the movie is called Southpaw when he's an orthodox fighter oh wow oh wow

Lmao I haven't seen it that's amazing

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chichevache posted:

dude somehow never learned to shoulder roll even though he was a world champion fuuuuuckkkk youuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The best overall sports movie is Semi Pro followed by some combination of Blades of Glory and Talladega Nights (nascar is a sport)

• Locked thread