Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I wasn't a huge fan of the art style of EMH, but at least it had some sort of style. These character designs are just bland and lifeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Race Realists posted:

haha holy poo poo this is Filmation he-man level bad animation

https://mobile.twitter.com/IGN/status/824324401512361984

Oh I forgot that it had started again

Everything concerning ultron in this show is weird, at one point iirc he literally absorbed all the energy out of the completed infinity gauntlet so I'm not sure why he's loving around with dinky robots

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

JT Smiley posted:

I wasn't a huge fan of the art style of EMH, but at least it had some sort of style. These character designs are just bland and lifeless.

They look like copy and pasted poses from already bad promotional art.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh yeah, I really liked the part of Civil War where Inhumans vs Humanity was solved completely peacefully and Iron Man and Captain America & Marvel were both completely on his side so they all started wailing on Ultron. That really captured the spirit of politics getting in the way of friendships.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Animated crap goes in the animation thread.

In actual film news. Variety is reporting that Flash is going back to writers for a full page one rewrite.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/joby-harold-the-flash-script-rewrite-1201969977/

X-O fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 26, 2017

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I hope that means "Pay Lord and Miller whatever amount of money it takes and have them just write the dang script"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pussy Quipped posted:

I hope that means "Pay Lord and Miller whatever amount of money it takes and have them just write the dang script"

No, it's Joby Harold that's writing it. Lord and Miller are busy doing a Star Wars film and an animated Spider-Man. Joby Harold's credit include Awake (Jessica Alba, Hayden Christensen) and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (Charlie Hunnam, Jude Law) both of which I've never heard of.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

X-O posted:

Animated crap goes in the animation thread.

In actual film news. Variety is reporting that Flash is going back to writers for a full page one rewrite.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/joby-harold-the-flash-script-rewrite-1201969977/
Is there anything at all going smoothly with the DCCU? It seems like every single project is having these major kinds of issues.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X-O posted:

No, it's Joby Harold that's writing it. Lord and Miller are busy doing a Star Wars film and an animated Spider-Man. Joby Harold's credit include Awake (Jessica Alba, Hayden Christensen) and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (Charlie Hunnam, Jude Law) both of which I've never heard of.

The King Arthur movie is coming out this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Charlie Hunnan is not really the best actor and the trailer for that King Arthur flick is pretty bad.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is there anything at all going smoothly with the DCCU? It seems like every single project is having these major kinds of issues.

I mean, they don't have a director, and the actor is busy with another WB project. Why not give the script another pass?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam posted:

I mean, they don't have a director, and the actor is busy with another WB project. Why not give the script another pass?

This is true, but a page one rewrite is not just another pass. They're basically starting completely over.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

howe_sam posted:

"Another pass" and "page one rewrite" are very different things.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Knowing dc the script they have is actually good so they have to rewrite it so its bad cuz a flash movie thats better than sups or bvs just aint happenin

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flash didn't kill enough people, DC didn't even recognize him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Flash didn't kill enough people, DC didn't even recognize him.

Just imagine how many arms you can rip off with super speed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would be shocked if DC would be able to pass up Barry Allen breaking Dr. Zoom's neck after Zoom murders Iris.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Chaos Hippy posted:

I thought Charles Barkley was Anti-Life.

Your confusing him with the Anti-Life Shaquation. Common mistake.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

FlamingLiberal posted:

Justice League's twitter account updates pretty regularly so that's going well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sion posted:

Justice League's twitter account updates pretty regularly so that's going well.

Oooh, did they post another picture of the Justice League just standing around? It's been a few days since the last one.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

X-O posted:

Oooh, did they post another picture of the Justice League just standing around? It's been a few days since the last one.

No but- it's not tweeting pictures of Marvel characters. Look, I'm looking for things in the DCEU that're going well and the first stop on the tour is the loving twitter feed, okay? Gimmie a break.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

X-O posted:

Maybe this one has Flash next to Cyborg, instead of Batman? Maybe Batman is in between Flash and Cyborg. That'd be great.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DC's marketing strategy is your mom before you went to Prom

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Race Realists posted:

this should happen in the movies, except he says this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0m3lfCGgO0&t=15s

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Next picture is going to show three of them.

Then two of them.

Then just one.

And we'll never see Superman, and they'll all say "UNITE THE SEVEN" even though there are never seven members shown.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Next picture is going to show three of them.

Then two of them.

Then just one.

And we'll never see Superman, and they'll all say "UNITE THE SEVEN" even though there are never seven members shown.

That's how you keep the villains distracted. Tower of Babel contingency.

We've taken out 6 of the members, keep searching.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

this should happen in the movies, except he says this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0m3lfCGgO0&t=15s

We've got that though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-_230SjbM

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I know. I just want Ultron to come out of nowhere in a really dumb way like that dumb cartoon. Ultron wasn't a very good character, but was actually endearing thanks entirely to James Spader.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Race Realists posted:

Ulton's human disguise sort of makes me think of the Boondocks. :shrug:

(None of the animation is as good as the Boondocks, mind, it's just that character design.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CelticPredator posted:

I know. I just want Ultron to come out of nowhere in a really dumb way like that dumb cartoon. Ultron wasn't a very good character, but was actually endearing thanks entirely to James Spader.

Which is a shame, since he is a great character in the comics, but not one James Spader should be playing.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

(None of the animation is as good as the Boondocks, mind, it's just that character design.)

Even the most right thinking Avenger can have what is called an Ultron moment.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sion posted:

Even the most right thinking Avenger can have what is called an Ultron moment.

No no, heroes fighting each other is an avenga moment, but heroes joining together out of a mutual desire to gently caress poo poo up is avenga synthases.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
James Gunn and Sean Gunn are working on Infinity War. Also, the new title card / logo for Infinity War is on his hat.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPqVWUYFgOd/?taken-by=thejudgegunn

Sean Gunn is one of the lackeys in Yondu's crew and James isn't directing, so I'm guessing that both of them have small roles, but not clear what they are doing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

James might just be there to help get the voices of the GOTG crew right for whatever scene they have.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Sean Gunn is one of the lackeys in Yondu's crew and James isn't directing, so I'm guessing that both of them have small roles, but not clear what they are doing.

Sean Gunn does the motion capture for Rocket too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Sean Gunn does the motion capture for Rocket too.

Is it actually mocap or just that he's there so Pratt and Batista have someone to give them an eyeline/something to actually touch if they're interacting with Rocket?

(I didn't forget Saldana but I don't actually remember her doing much with Rocket in the first one)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Is it actually mocap or just that he's there so Pratt and Batista have someone to give them an eyeline/something to actually touch if they're interacting with Rocket?

James Gunn has said they used a lot of Sean's performance when they were animating Rocket. So a little of both?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Ben Affleck is dropping out of directing The Batman.

http://www.avclub.com/article/ben-a...SocialMarketing

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Ben Affleck is dropping out of directing The Batman.

http://www.avclub.com/article/ben-a...SocialMarketing

Bye, DC cinematic universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Affleck had apparently been unhappy with the script for some time, and Live By Night bombing was also a factor.

http://bit.ly/2jwXWxe

• Locked thread