Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Louisgod posted:

The note about education in there is extremely troubling, I'll snip it in a moment

it's really not. slight effort post:

the military wants people with some degree of hacking skill/people who can be trained to do that, but they run into a few problems.

a: few people with those skills want to join (hack the planet, can make actual money doing private sector work)
b: of those people with those skills who want to join, few are going to make it physically (fat slovenly neckbeards/skinny guys who will break bones if you sneeze at them)
c: of those few who want to join and can join, few can get the appropriate security clearance (drug charges, prior criminal record for hacking)
d: of the tiny number of people who make it through the first few categories, even fewer are going to stay because of military bullshit.

it's better from a long-term perspective to get kids this training early so you have a better pool of recruits, rather than taking a guy and throwing code books at him and hoping he becomes good enough™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Let me just cut to the chase: I think that people give other people poo poo about Harry Potter as a metaphor more than Star Trek as a metaphor because Harry Potter has a larger female fanbase. I don't have any evidence, that's just my grumpy rear end in a top hat assumption. Now I'll drop the issue.

It's because its children with wands vs the squibtubulous munchnorks and other crushingly british things

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

murked by dragon posted:

is the intercept another nothingburger restaurant like the rest of these journo cucks?

they write good stuff (though in inflammatory tone) thats exceptionally Boring and Correct

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CSPAN sit in speeches thing, he is up and not holding back for the most part

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Pick posted:

jeb save us pelase

please jeb

jeb had to go dude

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

i'm pretty sure merkley's gone totally rogue

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Yinlock posted:

so basically "bannon gets to control education" is thrown in there at the end

Yep, I suspect this was a big part of the EO, to monitor and eventually control education in general

Fascism 101

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Cubey posted:

these always turn out to be nothingburgers

Yup. People who have a bombshell to drop don't tease at it.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

stop doxxing me

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Louisgod posted:

Yep, I suspect this was a big part of the EO, to monitor and eventually control education in general

Fascism 101

hitler youth etc etc

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

lmao dems already considering of collaborating

uproot them

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Louisgod posted:

Here it is, this is very very bad

not sure i see the problem here, aside from it being done under a fascist regime

like it's not the worst idea to get the sec def's recommendations (and thus, theoretically, their backing) to beef up CS and math education, especially since mattis is not insane

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

can someone explain how things got so completely and utterly hosed in 11 days?

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Krazyface posted:

remember when he had a feud with a baby? ah good times.

any feud with trump is a feud with a baby by definition, i think

Dick Milhous Rock! fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 31, 2017

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Rah! posted:

stop doxxing me

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

besides, loving lol if you didn't see bannon already having all of that information by having devos as secretary of education

come the gently caress on, people

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Louisgod posted:

Here it is, this is very very bad

...what

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

oh word? you guys gonna do something about it then?

ha ha no you're not sit down

why was i proven right in like half an hour

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
How do we have a new acting AG already? Shouldn't someone that important have to be approved by the senate or something?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

redneck nazgul posted:

the military wants people with some degree of hacking skill/people who can be trained to do that, but they run into a few problems.

a: few people with those skills want to join (hack the planet, can make actual money doing private sector work)
b: of those people with those skills who want to join, few are going to make it physically (fat slovenly neckbeards/skinny guys who will break bones if you sneeze at them)
c: of those few who want to join and can join, few can get the appropriate security clearance (drug charges, prior criminal record for hacking)
d: of the tiny number of people who make it through the first few categories, even fewer are going to stay because of military bullshit.

it's better from a long-term perspective to get kids this training early so you have a better pool of recruits, rather than taking a guy and throwing code books at him and hoping he becomes good enough™

lol forever that you even remotely think the intent of that paragraph is to actually properly educate our kids, is this a fake post?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i can only speak for the DPP thread, but some of us actually give enough of a gently caress to be involved in stopping the dismantling of this country

Yeah, reading the DPP thread got me motivated enough to start attending my county's monthly democratic meetings and now I'm a committeeman and get to spend my time trying to funnel more upset millennials into the party to offset all of the 60 year old complacent leadership. It is great and I really encourage anyone who has the time to get as involved in local politics as you can

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

@POTUS has 69 tweets

nice.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i can only speak for the DPP thread, but some of us actually give enough of a gently caress to be involved in stopping the dismantling of this country

Settle down Anime Schoolgirl. The "Trump Bans Anime" GIF was a photoshop. It was fake news... for now.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

TURNS OUT TRUMP'S NOT GOOD AT GOVERNMENT

Also, we've spent decades empowering the executive, and let a nazi in.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm willing to forgive all this if Trump makes one last executive order that reads "...The Aristocrats."

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

because a bunch of rural white people voted for what turns out to have been not just a fascist, but an extremely impatient one

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TyrantWD posted:

Yup. People who have a bombshell to drop don't tease at it.

yeah I really hate how twitter has enabled journalists to cryptically tease whenever they've dug up some ineffectual political dirt

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It hasn't even been two weeks into this administration

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

You spineless fucks. gently caress the dems, they're the reason we're in this mess. Goddamn Vichy collaborators.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

lmao dems already considering of collaborating

uproot them

Exhibit number 1 on why a military coup is not in the 10 worst things that can happen.

Our political "opposition" is loving spineless while the president is firing people for going against him like a tiny-handed giant-assed pissbaby.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Tainen posted:

Settle down Anime Schoolgirl. The "Trump Bans Anime" GIF was a photoshop. It was fake news... for now.
actually, i think anime is, in fact, bad

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

redneck nazgul posted:

from what I read the goal is to ensure you can smash educational institutions that disagree with you

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Full-blown stair phobia investigation.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

fart blood posted:

I'm willing to forgive all this if Trump makes one last executive order that reads "...The Aristocrats."

I'm still thinking Trump really, really doesn't want to spend 4 years of his life doing this and will resign in a year

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
gonna need more xanax for this poo poo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

almost 1,000 people in c-spam

trump really did unite us

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Jazerus posted:

not sure i see the problem here, aside from it being done under a fascist regime

like it's not the worst idea to get the sec def's recommendations (and thus, theoretically, their backing) to beef up CS and math education, especially since mattis is not insane

The purpose of the paragraph is to control education in general under the guise of wanting to "educate kids"

You people have to put on your fat Bannon hat and think like him

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

I'm still thinking Trump really, really doesn't want to spend 4 years of his life doing this and will resign in a year

He's not going to stop. This isn't going to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Good to know dems are still steadfast and resolute in pissing on principle in order to avoid potential loss of political stock

• Locked thread