Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The island is probably on wheels. All the classy kitchens have that feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The island is probably on wheels. All the classy kitchens have that feature.

A wheeled island with a built in stove? Noooooo

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It's not centered under the lights, and has no vent hood. I'm shaking here.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
thats an authentic white trash home

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Subjunctive posted:

It's not centered under the lights, and has no vent hood. I'm shaking here.

A place I lived in once (a rental) had a fan above the stove that just vented back into the kitchen.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OSI bean dip posted:

A place I lived in once (a rental) had a fan above the stove that just vented back into the kitchen.

Pretty sure this is every stove in my apartment building. There's a filter in the fan above but otherwise the steam isn't going anywhere but the kitchen There are no pipes in the cupboards above. An open balcony door is the actual vent.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

quote:

:perfect:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Dog bed included.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Cabinet hardware is mismatched, they think that large cupboard is a pull out

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OSI bean dip posted:

Dog bed included.

No, I think that's a pillow so you can go straight from dinner to sleep. Easier to avoid heavy drinking that way.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Want to live in some dude's literal garage in Whistler? Well I hope you have $3k a month.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hmm not so sure this is the best choice of slogans in Vancouver

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

HookShot posted:

Want to live in some dude's literal garage in Whistler? Well I hope you have $3k a month.

Can't put a price on that Ski Town life.

When I first came to Canada in 2002 I was a ski bum in Banff with four of us renting a 1 bedroom apartment. Our only furniture was mattresses for the first couple of months. Ahh memories :allears:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

quote:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/millennials-denied-toronto-condo-rental-due-to-their-age-1.3953905?cmp=rss

Millennials denied Toronto condo rental due to their age

Landlord 'wasn't interested in the potential problems that may arise' from young tenants

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

quote:

"Their combined income of just over 78K gross, in our opinion, is too low."

Fajardo ended his email with: "You can go ahead and expend your energy in filing a complaint. Good luck."

:fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
dumbass realtor should go back to realtor school

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
They certainly can expend their energy in filing a complaint that they were discriminated based on age when you wrote in a loving email that you said no because they were too young lol what a moron.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
people need a realtor to rent an apartment now?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

large hands posted:

This is pretty normal in a lot of places, the Realtor gets 8% or so of the rent + a tenants finding fee and in exchange deals with finding tenants, the washing machine exploding, etc so the owners can just collect the sweet, sweet rent money without having to do anything themselves.

Honestly in some ways it's better to deal with an agent because you tend not to get overly paranoid landlords who don't know the law and think it's ok to break into your home at 3am to make sure you're not keeping their place too messy.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Trump ban drives Christy Clark to refine B.C. foreign buyer’s tax

quote:

The lobbying, in particular by technology industry leaders, was sustained but it was only on Sunday, reacting to President Trump’s executive order temporarily blocking entry by citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries, that the B.C. Premier announced her government is preparing an amendment to the tax to make her province more welcoming for those facing closed doors in the United States.

:laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

Who would buy that load of horseradish.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

HookShot posted:

They certainly can expend their energy in filing a complaint that they were discriminated based on age when you wrote in a loving email that you said no because they were too young lol what a moron.

I will never understand why people do this.

It's a bad and lovely thing to discriminate against whoever for whatever reason, but as long as you don't loving write down that you are doing so and show it to that person most likely nobody will ever know and you will get away with it 99% of the time.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/hutchyman/status/825954436522483712

Average home prices are down 28% yoy according to zolo which gets its figures from MLS. Which might not be accurate but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Pole blocking Adelaide garage 'cracking example' of poor development, councillor says

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-31/new-house-garage-completely-blocked-stobie-pole/8225530?sf53553675=1

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

And now we have rumours of a certain major developer in Vancouver about to go belly up and stories about shoddy workmanship are slipping out.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Which one?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

all of them probably

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I hope it's Bosa

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

On the Malibu coast people build multiple fake garages in front of their house to prevent the proles from parking on the street and using the beach.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

large hands posted:

oh, look, Toronto's pretending to be New York again

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

Lobok posted:

Pretty sure this is every stove in my apartment building. There's a filter in the fan above but otherwise the steam isn't going anywhere but the kitchen There are no pipes in the cupboards above. An open balcony door is the actual vent.

This is common on range hoods. They can either vent outside or have a filter installed which must be changed every now and then. Look under the hood and see if there is a mesh grate you can pull off to access the filter.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Browsing for condos today led me to find this great find:
https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/17523693/1701-320-ROYAL-AVENUE-New-Westminster-British-Columbia-V3L5C6

Initially thought that this place was the six story tinderbox but nope it's across the street:
http://bccondos.net/the-peppertree

Built in loving 1975.

Also if you browse BC Condos' website, you'll get greeted with one of those annoying popups asking to chat.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i lived in that building in a unit with a similar floor plan (but worse view) as a starving university student. the rent was $650 a month circa 2003

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Wolf of Whistler just posted "the only 3 bed/3bath townhouse with garage under $2,000,000 in the Benchlands" and I am loving that towel holder. :canada:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Speaking of lovely realtors, did anyone see the poor dumb realtor gently caress who got owned by Patton Oswalt on Twitter last night? He's deleted his twitter and his google business page since.

It's not related to Canadian real estate as such, but it still warmed the cockles of my heart. Sadly, I think the tweets have been deleted.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What was the gist of their Internet feud?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The Wolf of Whistler just posted "the only 3 bed/3bath townhouse with garage under $2,000,000 in the Benchlands" and I am loving that towel holder. :canada:

Whoever designed this bathroom should be shot in the face.

Luckily they're probably already dead from seizures.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

HookShot posted:

Whoever designed this bathroom should be shot in the face.

Luckily they're probably already dead from seizures.

Meh, I've seen worse.

Not by much, but worse.

The toilet isn't light purple, for example.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://vanmag.com/city/big-changes-coming-to-main-street/

Foundation on main St is a garbage restaurant and I've never given any of my money to any of these businesses because I buy all my poo poo online so gently caress em

gently caress Vancouver and gently caress this lol startup rezoning

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Baronjutter posted:

What was the gist of their Internet feud?

The realtor took a jab at his late wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Freakazoid_ posted:

The realtor took a jab at his late wife.

As much as it may have been overkill to ruin the guy's career, I'm not fussed.

I wish the tweets were still around, they were incredibly funny. Among other things, talking about making GBS threads "like a stegosaurus on acid" in one of the featured bathrooms.