Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

I know a lot of people don't care about the wnba but whoa https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/826248304702918656

the pride of Delaware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I bet $10 Delle Donna would be a better NBA player than Brandon Ingrham.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

I mean their roster is a mess, but I'm never a fan of a coach that haphazardly changes rotations on a daily basis.

I don't know what else he can do. The roster is a mess, the offense is built around an aging Carmelo, and their big money players have been bad. Hornacek is a young coach, he isn't going to torpedo his career by going against Phil Jackson and bench $60 million in players.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

I bet $10 Delle Donna would be a better NBA player than Brandon Ingrham.

It's not fair to bet a WNBA player against some random guy with a strangely spelled name who you just made up

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

I don't know what else he can do. The roster is a mess, the offense is built around an aging Carmelo, and their big money players have been bad. Hornacek is a young coach, he isn't going to torpedo his career by going against Phil Jackson and bench $60 million in players.

I don't mean benching Noah because most coaches aren't going to bench their scapegoat. I'm talking about giving their bench players like consistent minutes. He's got this weird system where if a starter is out due to injury, a completely different that's never played in 10 games is starting and the usual bench guy is minimized. A guy can have a great week of gaming and then literally see the floor again for whatever reason. Kyle O quinn should get way more minutes on this roster.

No seriously, what is with fascination with Sasha Vujacic

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

isn't seal team 6 like two guys now

300 if you include support personnel

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dejan Bimble posted:

300 if you include support personnel
two guys and 298 support personnel is an amusing mental image

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

ChickenMedium posted:

We need to send in Seal Team 6 to rescue Boogie from the Kings.

They're too busy taking out dangerous 8 year olds.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

http://streamable.com/b3gpw

Andrew Wiggins sends Vucevic to the Shadow Realm

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

IcePhoenix posted:

you tried :unsmith:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

IcePhoenix posted:

I sure hope Vucevic has the 5 pieces of Exodia.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jota posted:

He is unbelievable. Yet they still lost because the guards on his team are all loving garbage. What a waste of his performance.

Pretty much the only time we have a chance is if Lawson elevates his game above trash sub replacement level

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

I know a lot of people don't care about the wnba but whoa https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/826248304702918656

is every chicago basketball team just a dysfunctional mess

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

R.D. Mangles posted:

is every chicago basketball team just a dysfunctional mess

I mean, #DrakeStrong and Chris Sale cutting up the jerseys

Jay Cutler basically telling off John Fox that he has no choice but to play Jay Cutler.

I think the Cubs stole the whole city's ability to function

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

News: Mavs have back to back wins over the Spurs and Cavs.

Views: Yogi Ferrell was the missing piece.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In the Timberwolves win tonight, Tyus was +2 in four seconds of work. That's a +1,080 mark if you extrapolate it out to 36 minutes of work.

#FreeTyus

Also: More angles of the Wiggins dunk

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 31, 2017

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Heat win again. Woo! Gonna ride this high until the next five game losing streak.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

News: Mavs have back to back wins over the Spurs and Cavs.

Views: Yogi Ferrell was the missing piece.

Yogi starting on the 2nd day of a 10 day led to the Mavs first victory over LeBron since the 2011 Finals. Somebody get that man a picnic basket.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The 3rd (floor) angle is incredible.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Too bad his team isn't

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Yogi Ferrell for MVP

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Heat win again. Woo! Gonna ride this high until the next five game losing streak.

4.5 games out of 8th spot watch out cleveland!!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/826285391737131009

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Went to the Austin Spurs vs LA D-Fenders game last night and had some fun. You can sit really close to the court for not a lot of money. I wish Zubac hadn't been promoted I was excited to see him.

Some loud mouth kept chanting "MAGGETTE" (read: like maggot instead of how the name is pronounced 'muh-jet') and then Josh dropped in some 30 ft threes and silenced the fat poo poo. It was glorious.

Got to interact with the team as they were leaving the court after the game too! It was a good experience overall and I would recommend d-league games. The gf and I are going together on Thursday so I told David Nwaba I'd see him again Thursday and he gave me a thumbs up.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Russell is expected back on Wednesday so expect Ingram to suddenly start looking like a competent basketball player again. Also, expect Mudiay to look like a competent basketball player, also because Russell is playing.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol at Orlando looking to trade serge

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"January marks the first time that LeBron James has a losing record in a calendar month (minimum 10 games) since February 2006."

Lebron has never given less of a gently caress about the eastern conference

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tae posted:

Derek Fisher out of nowhere saying he did a better job with the Knicks. No one's happy with Hornacek.

Derek Fisher was an awful head coach that trotted out more head scratching random lineups than Hornacek could ever dream of. Hornacek has also turned our bench of random scrubs into a competent unit. I'm okay with his random lineups too because the bigs situation is awful due to Noah's presence and there's not a single guard on the roster besides Rose that you can say is a competent starter. Lee is a bench sparkplug/forgotten offensive player on the first unit and besides that we have Brandon Jennings' dumb rear end and Ron White Boy Baker.

Hornacek deserves a chance to run a better inside/out offense with guards but he was given Rose and Noah instead of cap space this summer. Hopefully Melo can be flipped for a competent anything and Noah's contract can be waved when he mysteriously goes missing in the east hudson river

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Metapod posted:

For a young player and mid first round pick

No really

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eight

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

For a young player and mid first round pick

No really

"WELL IT'S WHAT WE PAID"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

Does anyone know if they are interested in an Australian man that occasionally plays basketball?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

ball?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

LeBron does not like Barkley.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18589897/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-throws-gauntlet-charles-barkley-hater

"I'm not going to let him disrespect my legacy like that," James told ESPN. "I'm not the one who threw somebody through a window. I never spit on a kid. I never had unpaid debt in Las Vegas. I never said, 'I'm not a role model.' I never showed up to All-Star Weekend on Sunday because I was in Vegas all weekend partying.

"All I've done for my entire career is represent the NBA the right way. Fourteen years, never got in trouble. Respected the game. Print that."

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
the fact that Lebron eviscerated Barkley without using "rings", impressive

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
God drat LeBron went in on him.

"I know he wanted to retire a long time ago, but he can't," James said. "He's stuck up on that stage every week."

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

LeBron raked Chuck over the coals, my goodness

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I hope Barkley responds with "U Mad" or something like that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
On the one hand James didn't actually respond to the one bit of valid criticism Barkley's ever made of him (at this point the Cavs are almost out of moves, I don't really know what else they can do right now but hope maybe that GMs are willing to take draft first round picks in like 2021 for players that normally would net a recent second rounder), but on the other he roasted him for all the other bad ones he's made over the years, so I'm cool with it.

Rick fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jan 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Spacebump posted:

LeBron does not like Barkley.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18589897/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-throws-gauntlet-charles-barkley-hater

"I'm not going to let him disrespect my legacy like that," James told ESPN. "I'm not the one who threw somebody through a window. I never spit on a kid. I never had unpaid debt in Las Vegas. I never said, 'I'm not a role model.' I never showed up to All-Star Weekend on Sunday because I was in Vegas all weekend partying.

"All I've done for my entire career is represent the NBA the right way. Fourteen years, never got in trouble. Respected the game. Print that."

I like Lebron.

edit:

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/826338938616942592

• Locked thread