Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Trump is going to have to do more than "what Republicans like really really fast" to get impeached

oh if he gets impeached it'll definitely be because republicans realize how awful being The Party of Trump will be for them in the next decade or so and not because they actually disagree with his actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Chard posted:

that feel when you get so into the weeds of how hosed we are that you forget the president was a reality tv star

It's pretty easy to predict politoons, just look for the laziest possible thing that has either a tenuous connection to thing or that resembles a joke from this angle over here, real far away though, and you have to kind of squint a bit too

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neopie posted:

Now he's written by an rear end in a top hat who made a supervillain team that was a satire of the SJWs and also was a nazi briefly.

I thought that was a loving Superdickery? They actually followed through on this for a year?

OldMold
Jul 29, 2003
old cold gold mold

Brother Entropy posted:

oh if he gets impeached it'll definitely be because republicans realize how awful being The Party of Trump will be for them in the next decade or so and not because they actually disagree with his actions

I hope that's not wishful thinking. According to most polls Trump's mouthbreathing base is eating this poo poo up. Its quite likely that republicans will instead realize that in The Party of Trump you can finally call people towelheads and openly poo poo on em.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

OldMold posted:

I hope that's not wishful thinking. According to most polls Trump's mouthbreathing base is eating this poo poo up. Its quite likely that republicans will instead realize that in The Party of Trump you can finally call people towelheads and openly poo poo on em.

well yeah the hardcore redhats aren't gonna turn on him that fast after his inauguration but it's worth noting that it took 8 days for polls to show a majority disapproving of his presidency, something that took years for most(if not all) modern presidents

unless trump finally finally learns to pivot and moderate himself i find it hard to believe america as a whole will be looking at him more kindly anytime soon

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

The author is the kind of rear end in a top hat neo-liberal who whinged about the nazi punch while writing Captain America, a character whose debut was punching Hitler in the face.

Not only whined about the punch, but had his defense of the punched Nazi get retweeted by the punched Nazi.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

OldTennisCourt posted:

What cartoon is Garrison gonna make if/when impeachment proceedings start? Just an insane scribble with LIBERALS gently caress LIBERALS TRAITORS scrawled across it?

Garrison is the guy who made a cartoon of Trump effortlessly defeating the whiny baby Mexican President at chess, when in reality the Mexican President basically said "I'm not paying for your wall, gently caress you" and canceled a meeting with Trump.

So if impeachment proceedings start, he'll draw a cartoon of big manly Trump beating up the crying wussy Congressmen, while in reality Trump would be whining constantly that it was SO UNFAIR on Twitter.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The actual quote was "I'm not paying for that loving wall"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Hihohe posted:

Are you sure he didnt just copy this from the thousands of other "did you just assume my gender" as a punchline comics
It really is the laziest regurgitated 'punchline' I've seen in a long time, and everyone across the loving internet is jumping on it while simultaneously patting themselves on the back for being so clever.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

rodbeard posted:

The actual quote was "I'm not paying for that loving wall"

Unfortunately that awesome quote was merely from a former Mexican president

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Volcanic Vents posted:

Somebody's probably made this already but you inspired me to do one quick-and-dirty anyway

this is amazing, thank you!

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Brother Entropy posted:

well yeah the hardcore redhats aren't gonna turn on him that fast after his inauguration but it's worth noting that it took 8 days for polls to show a majority disapproving of his presidency, something that took years for most(if not all) modern presidents

unless trump finally finally learns to pivot and moderate himself i find it hard to believe america as a whole will be looking at him more kindly anytime soon

Too bad there will be no action taken against him, because any republicans with moral objections don't have morals strong enough to withstand being offered an actual dictatorship when Trump pulls the gerrymandering/CRA repeal lever to make the US a one party state.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Pants Donkey posted:

Trump is going to have to do more than "what Republicans like really really fast" to get impeached

Don't worry Trump will never be nominated never win the election mellow out once he's in office never actually follow up on his campaign promises be impeached any day now!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

Garrison is the guy who made a cartoon of Trump effortlessly defeating the whiny baby Mexican President at chess, when in reality the Mexican President basically said "I'm not paying for your wall, gently caress you" and canceled a meeting with Trump.

So if impeachment proceedings start, he'll draw a cartoon of big manly Trump beating up the crying wussy Congressmen, while in reality Trump would be whining constantly that it was SO UNFAIR on Twitter.

Getting that meeting cancelled was but a move in glorious leader Trump's game of 3-dimensional hyperchess with whiny baby Mexico

Now see how he effortlessly makes the sun rise and the tides flow as wimpy Obama struggled to achieve

*three weeks later*

For you see if glorious golden leader Trump hadn't been banned from Twitter his masculine prowess would have overwhelmed Europe and brought those cheese eating surrender monkeys to heel so of course the perfidious shadows behind the thrones needed that stopped

*three weeks later*

Illuminati Rothschilds banksters octopi taking over the free world the snarling heathen horde with scimitars and turbans threatens our white women only the nuclear fire of the Golden Son of God can save us now

*three weeks later*

Y'all know where this is heading, and I don't want to write it anymore.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

MadSparkle posted:

this is amazing, thank you!

:hf:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Farecoal posted:

Don't worry Trump will never be nominated never win the election mellow out once he's in office never actually follow up on his campaign promises be impeached any day now!
I think the difference here is that his own party wants him gone, because he's hijacked the GOP and bruised a lot of egos in the process. He's also very much a loose cannon and utter novice at politics, making Republicans very vulnerable.

Also, Trump has been making very big, obvious changes that are really easy for anyone in opposition to him to rally against. With their guy Pence in charge, they can go back to quietly loving us over. It also gives them an excuse for the next billion years if you ever bring up Trump as a criticism of the party. "Ah yes, but we impeached him!" -every right-wing cartoonist until the end of time.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

I think the difference here is that his own party wants him gone, because he's hijacked the GOP and bruised a lot of egos in the process. He's also very much a loose cannon and utter novice at politics, making Republicans very vulnerable.

Also, Trump has been making very big, obvious changes that are really easy for anyone in opposition to him to rally against. With their guy Pence in charge, they can go back to quietly loving us over. It also gives them an excuse for the next billion years if you ever bring up Trump as a criticism of the party. "Ah yes, but we impeached him!" -every right-wing cartoonist until the end of time.

They are going to let him do all the horrible poo poo they always wanted to do but wouldnt normally have the guts to do first though, then claim its just too hard/late to pull it all back. :v:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Good let his poll numbers crater and pin every republican to him

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

.....wow, that two week delay has never been more obvious.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Thank you for explaining the cartoon, talking nazi sperm whale.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

A few more from Martyn Turner

The Church has been on the wane for a long while in Ireland, but I imagine the Irish Times still got a few letters over this.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time he's done a MAGA hat.

He hasn't done one on the Muslim ban thing yet, but I did find this from August

So it will be interesting which way he goes if he does do one about it.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

"Muslims are genetically predisposed to terrorism from birth."

BedBuglet
Jan 13, 2016

Snippet of poetry or some shit

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Keep posting that until either he or Bannon are removed :allears:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Has Garrison attempted to mold Bannon's deflating frog corpse of a body into yet another ubermench yet?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

Getting that meeting cancelled was but a move in glorious leader Trump's game of 3-dimensional hyperchess with whiny baby Mexico

Now see how he effortlessly makes the sun rise and the tides flow as wimpy Obama struggled to achieve

*three weeks later*

For you see if glorious golden leader Trump hadn't been banned from Twitter his masculine prowess would have overwhelmed Europe and brought those cheese eating surrender monkeys to heel so of course the perfidious shadows behind the thrones needed that stopped

*three weeks later*

Illuminati Rothschilds banksters octopi taking over the free world the snarling heathen horde with scimitars and turbans threatens our white women only the nuclear fire of the Golden Son of God can save us now

*three weeks later*

Y'all know where this is heading, and I don't want to write it anymore.

"Slon tlir na tlei obr Fifth. Tla slon ████ plr children tln tlo sacp tlei."?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Fulchrum posted:

Wait, she's an Inhuman? How does someone who knows they were created by aliens and not Allah square that with faith?

Inhumans were modified by aliens not created, learn the lore.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

What's radicalization, White Precious??

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Has Garrison attempted to mold Bannon's deflating frog corpse of a body into yet another ubermench yet?

Nope

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hahaha, Muslims ARE terrorists, kiddo! And if Trump's Arbitrary Cruelty Edicts provoke any kind of "disproportionate" response, it just proves they were deserving of oppression all along! Now go back to bed, champ *Mike Lester tousles your hair*

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Rowe:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

.....wow, that two week delay has never been more obvious.

I was about to remark that you don't get to lower the discourse as much as Tinsley--not to mention the entire Republican machine--has then complain about how lowbrow everything has gotten... then I remembered this.

i mean it still applies, but man.

Who wants to bet he ignores current events entirely?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Mister Olympus posted:

I was about to remark that you don't get to lower the discourse as much as Tinsley--not to mention the entire Republican machine--has then complain about how lowbrow everything has gotten... then I remembered this.

i mean it still applies, but man.

Who wants to bet he ignores current events entirely?

Some sharks in the shark community are arguing that Donald Trump's ban on sharks is racist but they're the real racists* because anti-shark backlash the media liberals college professors safe spaces squirrels that DUI was bullshit

*A.P. 2016

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
The follow-up has dinosaurs crying that incoming Trump-shaped meteor is a "hater"

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

It's a little surreal that Trump isn't even president yet in Tinsley's universe.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Trapezium Dave posted:

It's a little surreal that Trump isn't even president yet in Tinsley's universe.
Yeah, he's gonna do so much damage before the duck even gets to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Trapezium Dave posted:

It's only been a week, Tinsley requires 2

• Locked thread