Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo!

Treated myself to a Perceptor :3:

You're somewhere other than the U.S., right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

You're somewhere other than the U.S., right?

He's a filthy Brit!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

He's a filthy Brit!

:britain: Gawd bless ya guvnor

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

And this Energon Wing Saber is so friggin cool.
:confused: ...You feeling okay there buddy?

So while checking out these comparison pics of Megatronia and Victorion, I noticed that the Pyra Magna mold has a face in the middle of her chest. Now I can't not see it, and neither can you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

I love all things Star Saber.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

So while checking out these comparison pics of Megatronia and Victorion, I noticed that the Pyra Magna mold has a face in the middle of her chest. Now I can't not see it, and neither can you.

start the reactor

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Phy posted:

start the reactor

Open your mind

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Are you seriously saying that Transformers is NOT a brand for immature man-children, and that it actually SHOULD be taken seriously by the rest of the world!? If so, buddy, you might not be living in reality when it comes to what Transformers really is. The last thing anyone needs to be doing is taking cartoons and toys real seriously, or denying that we aren't mostly a bunch of grown ups shamelessly playing with toys and watching cartoons and dumb-fun action movies. We are, and that's fine.

I'm considering buying Megatronia, but only for the sole purpose of resculpting all robot parts I can possibly resculpt to have more female shapes, smooth and cute, like those comic-style pics.

Until SJW PC culture millennial feminist culture came into play so heavily, almost all fem-bots were just as obviously female as most of the male bots are obviously male from body shapes, to personalities, to voices. Transformers have always had strong links to humanity and even stereotypical human personalities. It's part of what makes them fun, and there is nothing wrong with females having somewhat cute or sexy looks, even in make believe robot land.

Sakamoto is obviously trying to help people buy into the idea that these are actually fem-bots, not guys in girly colors as the figures could easily pass for. I think he's just trying to kick-start imaginations to see what they were going for with these character recolors. Japan doesn't have the stupid feminist or SJW culture issue.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
source your quotes

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
...you ok mate?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

DoctorWhat posted:

source your quotes

Tfw2005

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Shout out to Heckie Holmes, I got my box super fast. And this Energon Wing Saber is so friggin cool. I never had him back when I owned my first Energon collection and I just love how he splits up and combines with Prime.

I thought it wasn't gonna get there til at least Monday! I'm glad you got it so quickly!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sounds about right.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Heckie Holmes posted:

I thought it wasn't gonna get there til at least Monday! I'm glad you got it so quickly!

I just got mine early this afternoon too. These bots are fantastic! I really don't know how you parted with that Galvatron, he's huge and awesome and has tanks for guns!

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I just got mine early this afternoon too. These bots are fantastic! I really don't know how you parted with that Galvatron, he's huge and awesome and has tanks for guns!

And he can put a sword on his tank, to make a tanksword!

I just laugh, cuz I just signed to send you the tracking number. Guess I don't hafta worry about that now.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I'll admit I'm jealous of you, been wanting that Galvatron for years(especially since none of the CHUG attempts have truly hit the mark), but at least the ones I've reserved for myself are great too

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Some TLK Barricades have been "acquired" by a couple of Youtube reviewers, and they have confirmed that his roof backpack does not fold up and cannot be used as a riot shield. And in the final version it is possibly not meant to come off at all except as a safety measure in case of excessive force so the toy doesn't break.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's a shame.

Still a nice looking toy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Articulation is vastly overrated.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
That looks like a great item with which to subdue a home intruder

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's ready to rumble

But if you want articulation, this mother is the way to go.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

Some TLK Barricades have been "acquired" by a couple of Youtube reviewers, and they have confirmed that his roof backpack does not fold up and cannot be used as a riot shield. And in the final version it is possibly not meant to come off at all except as a safety measure in case of excessive force so the toy doesn't break.

Well, no big deal, it's still a movie toy.

By which I mean, it's okay, but I'm not gonna lose my mind over it.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

He's ready to rumble

His best feature are the "gently caress off!" knee guns!

Hey Rhyno, when you have the chance,PM because i've got some questions about your sales stuff.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Knormal posted:

It's called an insignia ya doofus :rolleyes:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

It's called an insignia ya doofus :rolleyes:

Chest-face is not impressed

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
After watching thew's best of 2016 I'm even more pumped for my MP Ironhide to arrive, it looks huge as well! Sadly the ETA is March, on its way from China (but not a KO, allegedly... we shall see. I won't be posting it back from England, that's for sure!).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

After watching thew's best of 2016 I'm even more pumped for my MP Ironhide to arrive, it looks huge as well! Sadly the ETA is March, on its way from China (but not a KO, allegedly... we shall see. I won't be posting it back from England, that's for sure!).

He is surprisingly huge, honestly. Chinese sellers can work in your favour sometimes. I ordered KOMP Sideswipe way back, and Red Alert arrived. I messaged the seller, and he said he'd send me the right one, and just to keep the Red Alert. So, you know, bonus. :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I don't know why I thought he'd be smaller but MP Ironhide's size kinda shocked me. He's great, though his hips are kinda terrible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
KO MP Ratchet is supposedly dropping March 1st.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

KO MP Ratchet is supposedly dropping March 1st.

aww yiss finally I'll have a good Ratchet

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

aww yiss finally I'll have a good Ratchet

I'm also excited. The sword/gun combo for Fort Max has arrived and I just ordered an upgrade set for Star Saber.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Now they need to get on that KOMP Ultra Magnus I keep hoping for. :argh:

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Says my KO Ironhide got dispatched yesterday after ordering Saturday. China/HK is weird, some stuff I order takes 4 days (!) and other bits take 6 weeks. And that's all free P&P too.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Saw the 'Unkown Evil' portrait zoomed in on the official Transformers fb. Here's hoping we get us a new giant robot space chicken master. Otherwise I'd really love another new Star Saber. I'll agree with Primal fans that he should get new generations toy though. Especially if there's a flying surfboard involved.

Haven't picked up as many TR guys as I'd like. Love the ones I've been able to though. Latest addition was Wheelie. Had to shave a couple tabs by the hip swivel down to make car mode not flop apart all the time, but with that and some floor polish on the ball joints for good measure he's quite solid. Really love how articulated he is in bot mode while still having the cockpit in car mode. Usually have him as PM Prime's ride when the rest of the big red guy is in truck mode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Diamond just solicited TR Six Shot so I don't have to worry about hunting for that one.Hopefully they drop Wave 3 sometime this week so I can quit looking for those as well.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Captain Blaargh posted:

Saw the 'Unkown Evil' portrait zoomed in on the official Transformers fb. Here's hoping we get us a new giant robot space chicken master. Otherwise I'd really love another new Star Saber. I'll agree with Primal fans that he should get new generations toy though. Especially if there's a flying surfboard involved.

Haven't picked up as many TR guys as I'd like. Love the ones I've been able to though. Latest addition was Wheelie. Had to shave a couple tabs by the hip swivel down to make car mode not flop apart all the time, but with that and some floor polish on the ball joints for good measure he's quite solid. Really love how articulated he is in bot mode while still having the cockpit in car mode. Usually have him as PM Prime's ride when the rest of the big red guy is in truck mode.

Not sure if you're aware, but unlike the Magnus version of the mold, PM Prime/Super Ginrai's Titan Master can ride in the cab.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

DoctorWhat posted:

Not sure if you're aware, but unlike the Magnus version of the mold, PM Prime/Super Ginrai's Titan Master can ride in the cab.

Oh, totally aware. Just way more pimpin' having his own car. Thanks, though!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Spiderdrake posted:

Also, it's worth mentioning Rung was some kind of tortured hero-saint in the functionist universe. I'm really worrying we'll either have a "heroic insurrectionist Rung" or "heroic martyr Rung" issue.
loving. Called. It.

Issue was meh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The art in Lost Light is horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The final Power of The Primes voting has started.