Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that's what I'm thinking but wondering, again, if I simply suck.

I guess I should start running the traitor legions rules if I want to use my 30k models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Yeah I think the truism is that 30k should beat 40k at high points levels when you're able to get full benefit from the cost efficiencies of max size units and squadroned vehicles, but the 25% LoW rule hurts and formations have some overpowered bullshit that likely beats anything 30k can throw out anyway. If you're playing with 30k D and they're playing with 40k D that's just the cherry on top.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Spent this weekend slamming together x6 insectoid robo bastarads and I need your help. I don't like the stock vorax head and I want to play up my darkadmech theme I'm working towards. Here's my castellax for reference:

Here are the candidates:

"Nibbler"

"Biter"

"Rhino"

"Locust"

"Beetle"

"Devil"

Which one should I go with? Help me goons you are my only hope

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 30, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Biter, Beetle, and Devil. That alternate head is awesome. If you've got enough for all six, I'd stick with that though I do like the mantis-like bug-eyed look of the stock vorax head.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
http://www.peta.org.uk/media/news-releases/peta-asks-games-workshop-ban-fur-warhammer-characters/

Awuuuuu

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:psyduck:

I always knew PETA was a parody of itself but seriously?

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Just say all furs are from sapient alien infants. PETA wouldn't give a gently caress about those.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
This has to be an onion article surely.

Certainly my lifestyle choice to dress entirely in genuine wolf pelts is somewhat related to my love of space wolves. Also my love of tankards of ale and sitting by the fire is attributed to the same fascination.

All the haemorrhaging from my various orifices and my blood angels, purely coincidental.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Also the fact they imply wearing fur does not need martial skill... They've clearly never fought a Salamander of Nocturne or a Fenrisian Wolf

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Salamanders dont have fur, so that's okay :colbert:

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

PETA posted:

Animals killed for their fur are typically kept in tiny, filthy wire cages before being electrocuted, drowned, or even skinned alive. Or they may be trapped in the wild by horrific bone-crushing steel-jaw traps – which often leave them languishing for days before they eventually die of hunger, thirst, or blood loss.
40K as gently caress

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Scene: it's a Friday evening in a dark, filthy slack channel

panascope: Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what? You're talking about...(puts out his cigarette)...bitching about that game you shot, some son of a bitch that doesn't want to play Warhammer, some wolf noise you're trying to make, some Vorax head you're trying to find and so forth. Let's talk about something important. Are they all here?
Ettin: All but one.
panascope: Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important! (to BULBASAUR) Put that vodka down! Vodka's for cheaters only. (BULBASAUR scoffs) Do you think I'm loving with you? I am not loving with you. I'm here from Something Awful. I'm here from Lowtax. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's BULBASAUR?
BULBASAUR: Yeah.
panascope: You call yourself a cheater, you son of a bitch?
Hixson: I don't have to listen to this poo poo.
panascope: You certainly don't pal. 'Cause the good news is -- you're banned. The bad news is you've got, all you got, just one week to regain your accounts, starting tonight. Starting with tonight's game. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this year's Lord of War contest. As you all know, first prize is a full Force Organization Choice. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize's a new avatar. Third prize is you're banned. You get the picture? You're laughing now? You've got cheats. Lowtax paid good money. Play your games and cheat them! You can't cheat the games you're given, you can't cheat poo poo, you ARE poo poo, hit the bricks pal and beat it 'cause you are going out!
BULBASAUR: The cheats are weak.
panascope : 'The cheats are weak.' loving cheats are weak? You're weak. I've been in this game fifteen years.
Hixson: What's your name?
panascope: gently caress you, that's my name! You know why, Mister? 'Cause you put twenty tactical marines on the table tonight, I outflanked 30 Veterans. That's my name. (to BULBASAUR) And your name is "you're wanting." And you can't play in a man's game. You can't cheat them. (at a near whisper) And you go home and tell your sister your troubles. (to everyone again) Because only one thing counts in this life! Get them to lose at a game which you've cheated! You hear me, you loving furries?
(panascope flips over a blackboard which has two sets of letters on it: ABC, and AIDA.)
panascope: A-B-C. A-always, B-be, C-cheating. Always be cheating! Always be cheating. A-I-D-A. Attention, interest, decision, action. Attention -- do I have your attention? Interest -- are you interested? I know you are because it's cheat or walk. You cheat or you hit the bricks! Decision -- have you made your decision (to start cheating) for Christ?! And action. A-I-D-A; get out there! You got the players comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Guy doesn't walk on the lot unless he wants to play. Sitting out there waiting to give you their game! Are you gonna play it? Are you man enough to play it? (to Hixson) What's the problem pal? You. Hixson.
Hixson: You're such a hero, you're so rich. Why you coming down here and waste your time on a bunch of bums?
(panascope sits and sets down a Warhound Titan)
panascope: You see this? You see this Titan?
Hixson: Yeah.
panascope: That titan cost more than your army. I cheated 970,000 times last year. How much you cheat? You see, pal, that's who I am. And you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a poo poo. Good father? gently caress you -- go home and play with your kids!! (to everyone) You wanna play here? Cheat! (to stanyer89) You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get in a game?! You don't like it -- leave. I can go out there tonight with the materials you got, make myself fifteen wins! Tonight! In two hours! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! A-I-D-A!! Get mad, you sons of bitches! Get mad!! You know what it takes to play Warhammer?
(He pulls something out of his briefcase)
panascope: It takes brass dice to play Warhammer.
(He's holding two brass dice on string, over his balls--he puts them away after a pause)
panascope: Go and do likewise, gents. The wins are out there, you pick 'em up, they're yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those games tonight and cheat, cheat, they're yours. If not you're going to be shining my dice. Bunch of losers sitting around at a Magic: the Gathering table. (in a mocking weak voice) "Oh yeah, I used to play Warhammer, it's a tough game." (he takes out a large stack of red index cards tied together with string from his briefcase) These are the new cheats. These are the Glengarry cheats. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. (he hands the stack to Ettin) They're for cheaters.
I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (to Hixson as he picks up his Titan again) And to answer your question, pal: why am I here? I came here because Lowtax asked me to, he asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and ban your loving rear end because a loser is a loser.
(He stares at Hixson for a sec, and then picking up his briefcase, goes into inner office with Ettin)

panascope fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 30, 2017

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

panascope: Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what? You're talking about...(puts out his cigarette)...bitching about that game you shot, some son of a bitch that doesn't want to play Warhammer, some wolf noise you're trying to make, some Vorax head you're trying to find and so forth. Let's talk about something important. Are they all here?
panascope: Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important! (to BULBASAUR) Put that vodka down! Vodka's for cheaters only. (BULBASAUR scoffs) Do you think I'm loving with you? I am not loving with you. I'm here from Something Awful. I'm here from Lowtax. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's BULBASAUR?
panascope: You certainly don't pal. 'Cause the good news is -- you're banned. The bad news is you've got, all you got, just one week to regain your accounts, starting tonight. Starting with tonight's game. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this year's Lord of War contest. As you all know, first prize is a full Force Organization Choice. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize's a new avatar. Third prize is you're banned. You get the picture? You're laughing now? You've got cheats. Lowtax paid good money. Play your games and cheat them! You can't cheat the games you're given, you can't cheat poo poo, you ARE poo poo, hit the bricks pal and beat it 'cause you are going out!
panascope : 'The cheats are weak.' loving cheats are weak? You're weak. I've been in this game fifteen years.
panascope: gently caress you, that's my name! You know why, Mister? 'Cause you put twenty tactical marines on the table tonight, I outflanked 30 Veterans. That's my name. (to BULBASAUR) And your name is "you're wanting." And you can't play in a man's game. You can't cheat them. (at a near whisper) And you go home and tell your sister your troubles. (to everyone again) Because only one thing counts in this life! Get them to lose at a game which you've cheated! You hear me, you loving furries?
(panascope flips over a blackboard which has two sets of letters on it: ABC, and AIDA.)
panascope: A-B-C. A-always, B-be, C-cheating. Always be cheating! Always be cheating. A-I-D-A. Attention, interest, decision, action. Attention -- do I have your attention? Interest -- are you interested? I know you are because it's cheat or walk. You cheat or you hit the bricks! Decision -- have you made your decision (to start cheating) for Christ?! And action. A-I-D-A; get out there! You got the players comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Guy doesn't walk on the lot unless he wants to play. Sitting out there waiting to give you their game! Are you gonna play it? Are you man enough to play it? (to Hixson) What's the problem pal? You. Hixson.
Hixson: You're such a hero, you're so rich. Why you coming down here and waste your time on a bunch of bums?
panascope: That titan cost more than your army. I cheated 970,000 times last year. How much you cheat? You see, pal, that's who I am. And you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a poo poo. Good father? gently caress you -- go home and play with your kids!! (to everyone) You wanna play here? Cheat! (to stanyer89) You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get in a game?! You don't like it -- leave. I can go out there tonight with the materials you got, make myself fifteen wins! Tonight! In two hours! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! A-I-D-A!! Get mad, you sons of bitches! Get mad!! You know what it takes to play Warhammer?
(He's holding two brass dice on string, over his balls--he puts them away after a pause)
panascope: Go and do likewise, gents. The wins are out there, you pick 'em up, they're yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those games tonight and cheat, cheat, they're yours. If not you're going to be shining my dice. Bunch of losers sitting around at a Magic: the Gathering table. (in a mocking weak voice) "Oh yeah, I used to play Warhammer, it's a tough game." (he takes out a large stack of red index cards tied together with string from his briefcase) These are the new cheats. These are the Glengarry cheats. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. (he hands the stack to Ettin) They're for cheaters.
I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (to Hixson as he picks up his Titan again) And to answer your question, pal: why am I here? I came here because Lowtax asked me to, he asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and ban your loving rear end because a loser is a loser.
(He stares at Hixson for a sec, and then picking up his briefcase, goes into inner office with Ettin)

Y'all ain't nothing but a bunch of two-bit, non-cheating, 3rd place losing whores.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
40k thread is saying there's a rumor that 30 and 40k get separate rule books when 8th edition drops. This probably means we're going back to 6th edition and they're going to Age of Sigmar, huh?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

tallkidwithglasses posted:

40k thread is saying there's a rumor that 30 and 40k get separate rule books when 8th edition drops. This probably means we're going back to 6th edition and they're going to Age of Sigmar, huh?

That would be great.

But I don't see it happening. Either the changes between the two rulesets are so big that it would be tremendously confusing to new players ("whats a 30k??"), or the two would be so superficially similar that they might as well be rolled into one.

What I could see is 30k sticking with 7th edition, and 40k getting two rulesets.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

The irony is that GW are one of few shops on the high street still selling actual fur, in the form of sable brushes, but they don't even mention that.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

"The Panascope"

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Looking for some advice, I'm at a loss as to how to outfit a squad. Someone gave me the Prospero sprues for the 10-man MkIII dudes, but I'm unsure how to kit them out or what to do with them. Here's what the rest of my Iron Warriors army looks like:

Perturabo
Erasmus Golg/Cataphractii Preator w/combi-melta & nuncio-vox
Master of Signal
Contemptor (currently melta+power fist, magnetized, will become a Mortis with dual Kheres when I get the bits)
10-man Veteran Squad, 2 HB, vexilla, sergeant w/AA&PF
10-man Veteran Squad, 2 MG, vexilla, sergeant w/AA&PF
10-man Veteran Squad, 8 PS, vexilla, sergeant w/AA&PF
10-man Seeker Squad, sergeant w/AA&PF
3 Rhinos
5-man Iron Havocs w/ML
5-man Siege Tyrants
Medusa

I'm thinking maybe plasma with a combi-weapon and cognis-signum on the sergeant to camp backfield objectives, although in that case I'm probably not going to field all 10 of them and would have to think of something to do with the extras. That's also fairly expensive, so I'm definitely second-guessing myself at this point.

If the answer is "10 volkite calivers," is there a decent third-party option for those?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nice vet spam bro

As an Iron Warrior dude, I'd consider making those 10 men into 10 thudd gun crew. Alternatively a support squad option isn't bad. I'm honestly surprised more people aren't running 5 man vet tacticals with 5 combi weapons as suicide outflankers.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

BULBASAUR posted:

5 man vet tacticals with 5 combi weapons as suicide outflankers.

Sending dudes in on a suicide mission is the most Iron Warriors thing to do and is therefore correct. Thank you.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:siren: Porn: Hot 30k on 30k double action :siren:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Those Iron Warrior bikers hrnnnnghghghghg

e: yassssssss

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 31, 2017

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

"The Panascope"

Best variant.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Honnestly, I've been waiting so long that my beard actually turned white.

Still checking my fangs, but the helix has not kicked yet on this level.

I know that generations have been waiting for this, but I'm just into old school prospero rather than brand new inferno.

Who knows, maybe I would have to get augmentic eyes to read the FAQ.

Old man Drekkan Child of Terra.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Honnestly, I've been waiting so long that my beard actually turned white.

Still checking my fangs, but the helix has not kicked yet on this level.

I know that generations have been waiting for this, but I'm just into old school prospero rather than brand new inferno.

Who knows, maybe I would have to get augmentic eyes to read the FAQ.

Old man Drekkan Child of Terra.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Wh community has some nice art from Inferno and some info on the contents. It'll be on sale on Sat... So we'll know how 1k sons work then!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lord Twisted posted:

Wh community has some nice art from Inferno and some info on the contents. It'll be on sale on Sat... So we'll know how 1k sons work then!

Friday evening actually, so I can rip that poo poo up nice and quietly with no rush.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I have like fifty Marines of various stripes to finish, and yet I just went and ordered in a Xiphon. The hell is wrong with me?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Drake_263 posted:

I have like fifty Marines of various stripes to finish, and yet I just went and ordered in a Xiphon. The hell is wrong with me?

Buy a Spartan.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

All the cool kids are doing it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Xiphons are cool and good but also buy a Typhon.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Fingers crossed for 35 point wolf destroyers "the emperors bark barks"

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Fingers crossed for 35 point wolf destroyers "the emperors bark barks"

Points cost doubled for illegal borking.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

ijyt posted:

Points cost doubled for illegal borking.

They have ld 7 because it's easy to do them a serious frighten.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

They have ld 7 because it's easy to do them a serious frighten.

They're all good wolves, Horus.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

"There are no wolves in Inferno"

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

TTerrible posted:

Xiphons are cool and good but also buy a Typhon.

I already have one of each

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

And?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'll have to see the Spartan in person because I just don't think it looks that cool.

I really want a Mastodon but I know I'll never use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

panascope posted:

I'll have to see the Spartan in person because I just don't think it looks that cool.

I really want a Mastodon but I know I'll never use it.

I had a GI Joe playset that was a tank that could unfold into a fort, and that's what the Mastodon reminds me of. The Mastodon owns.