Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
anyone have a link to that video of ben walking up stairs and just panting hilariously? i know its edited but its still my favorite video from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Goobs posted:

anyone have a link to that video of ben walking up stairs and just panting hilariously? i know its edited but its still my favorite video from here.

It was just posted upon request a handful of pages ago I recall

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sappo569 posted:

Ok well help me out here with insulting the fat man

Oh I got it

Ben diabeetus

I may be confusing their different statements of idiocy, but the tokens were introduced so as not to overwhelm the DB system and staff since it is quite an intensive operation to unmelt a jpeg.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

I may be confusing their different statements of idiocy, but the tokens were introduced so as not to overwhelm the DB system and staff since it is quite an intensive operation to unmelt a jpeg.

Yeah looks like they were started Jan 2016 or thereabouts

Interesting they're doing a PSA on them a year later , wonder if too many people melted and requested refunds which confused their database smeg

Or maybe it's easier to claim the TOS on ship jpegs instead of just an account full of cig bucks and no ship jpegs

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Xaerael posted:

Female space suit models are going to have a sternum cracker. I'm calling it now. There is no way it pans out any other way, both from the perspective that SC nerds are sex mad loons who crave seeing titties everywhere, and CIG are idiots who can't design something that looks real world applicable.

(A sternum cracker is a rigid breastplate with a "cleavage". This essentially turns the breastplate into an axe strapped to your body.)

I've heard "bullet catcher" before but sternum cracker is a good one.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

lol :D

Gave me a good silly chuckle :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Those quote marks around "3" make it look really sarcastic too :laugh:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/826451184663814145

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 31, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well, I'm back from vacation. Judging from the state of the thread I think I can safely assume Star Citizen has come out and is now the only game anyone plays?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Iconic for how lovely the design is.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Well, I'm back from vacation. Judging from the state of the thread I think I can safely assume Star Citizen has come out and is now the only game anyone plays?

Yup. I'm playing it now.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/826432144184659970
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/826451194595966976

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup. I'm playing it now.

i only purchased a basic pledge, can I please be your space janitor until i can afford my own capital ship.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
like i'd ever really be able to afford my own ship on a space janitors salary =/

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

It is, I've been sucking up to Cymelion to be allowed to crew his ship
I'm the server rack swapper and I'm hoping to be promoted to tail gunner soon

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

hello

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
WW3 is going to happen and we'll never get closure.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/326211-2-3-Dev-Update

quote:

Hello Commanders!
Now that the dust is settling on the interim update, I wanted to give you a more detailed heads up on what we’re currently working on next.

The first feature I want to discuss for 2.3 is Multicrew – the ability to join up with Commanders on the same ship and enjoy space adventures as a crew. In this post, I’ll summarise what you can expect from this exciting new update, in terms of structure and supporting features.
Please note that before now and release, some details may still change, as we’re currently in the thick of implementing this feature!

Setting up Multicrew
Fundamentally, Multicrew is about having fun with friends, so we want to make sure there are as few barriers to enjoying this feature as possible, starting with the crew formation process. We want to make it as easy as possible to start having fun on a multicrew ship.

As long as their ship has enough seats (different ships have different multicrew capabilities) a Commander can directly invite players, or can set their vessel to allow multicrew access. Commanders looking to play as crew can either accept direct invites, or activate a new “looking for ship” feature, which will automatically place them as crew on a suitable vessel with multicrew access allowed, making the process quick and painless.

When joining a crew, a Commander will log out of their current vessel and transfer to the multicrew vessel, regardless of distance. They can also leave at any time (or be evicted by the ship’s owner) at which point they can return to where their ship was last, making the whole affair a very friendly, drop in – drop out procedure.

Helm, Gunner and Fighter Con Roles
The ship’s owner always takes the role of helm, piloting the vessel and operating fixed and gimballed weaponry. They also control NPC fighter pilots. There can be up to two additional crewmembers, depending on the vessel, who can perform roles to enhance the ability of the ship. Players can also simply come along for the ride, with the pilot in a mentoring role. The helm also retains control over distribution of power, navigation, and synthesis.

The gunner role allows a crewmember to take control of all turreted weapons on the ship. They do not need to jump between turret views though. Using a third person interface, they control a reticule that all turrets within their arc will automatically follow; giving them improved spatial awareness and easy control of all turreted weapons. They also have access to two “quick slot” fire buttons, in addition to normal fire groups, that they can customize with modules, allowing them more options for activating weapons and scanners.

Furthermore, the gunner has access to advanced sensor systems, allowing them three hundred and sixty degree tracking arcs. This lets them activate advanced scanners (such as the kill warrant scanner) and missile launchers in any direction.

The fighter con role lets a crewmember launch and control a fighter, even if the helm has already launched a fighter using NPC crew. This allows multicrew ships to have two fighters active at a time. In addition, if the ship has enough fighters, both crewmembers can take on the fighter con role, meaning three human controlled ships can be flying at the same time.

Crewmembers can switch roles dynamically as they see fit. The ship owner is always the helmsman.

Additional Multicrew Benefits and Rules
Every crewmember also has access to a power distributor pip that they can assign dynamically. This is in addition to the standard pips that the helm controls. This extra power distribution allows the ship to operate more effectively, increasing its capabilities in combat.

Ship re-buy premiums are also reduced for each crewmember. Again, the purpose with this is to lower the bar to access and ease of use, especially when dealing with vessels that can cost a lot of credits.

All bounties and vouchers that the helmsman (ship owner) receives are duplicated for each crewmember, making multicrew a great way to have fun with friends without missing out on money-making opportunities.

However, as they share the benefits, so too do they share the punishments. Any crime that the ship suffers is applied to all crewmembers equally. But when a Commander leaves or ends a session, the crew will have the option of avoiding taking the crimes with them, but in doing so, will lose all credits earned. It will be their choice.

Commander Creator

And supporting multicrew in 2.3 is the Commander Creator. Commanders will be able to create a unique avatar using a wide variety of options, finally putting a face and character to their name. And with a new, fully-fledged camera system, they’ll be able to view themselves and their crew in real time as they adventure across the galaxy.

This looks like it could be fun

:rip: Star Citizen

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Read that and thought it sounded sane and thoughtfully designed but had little faith cig could implement it... Oops

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nicholas posted:

i only purchased a basic pledge, can I please be your space janitor until i can afford my own capital ship.

I don't need a janitor, I just open up the airlock once a week and let physics do the work.

I do need an airlock guy though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I just realized it's been what, five years and CIG still doesn't have airlocks or guys getting blown out into space.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just realized it's been what, five years and CIG still doesn't have airlocks or guys getting blown out into space.

Rest assured all the work has already been done and they are just waiting to put it into the game, as said by CRoberts

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The whole lack of “space” seems to be a bit of a blocker there.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

No shield technician? Camera operator? Radar monitor?

In Star Citizen you can get all your 70 close friends into the same $1500 ship and they'll all have a non-stop enjoyable game experience

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You clearly dont understand game development!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

B..b..b..b...but Chris said that wasn't a scripted canned demo, so it must just be around the corner, any moment now... :reddit:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

In Star Citizen you can get all your 70 close friends into the same $1500 ship and they'll all have a non-stop enjoyable game experience

"friends" lol.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Is Elite adding any new ships to compliment this change in crew size? I know some ships had a couple extra chairs already so I wasn't sure.

I doubt citizens will be phased much however.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

I think someone beat him to that punch, didn't they try to send a Caterpillar to Hell to be finally rid of it in that one movie and it came back and they said "FFS it's back" and sent Lawrence Fishburne to blow it up.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chunjee posted:

Is Elite adding any new ships to compliment this change in crew size? I know some ships had a couple extra chairs already so I wasn't sure.

I doubt citizens will be phased much however.

Not at the moment. There are a handful of (mostly historical) ships that have been lurking in the background, and haven't been implemented yet, but they're all large enough to have the extra space already.

And really, it's only the very smallest ships that don't already have some obvious extra crew slots, and even those are large enough to allow for the illusion that, say, a gunner would be hiding somewhere inside the ship. Not that you'd even want to mount turrets on a ship that small…

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Not only is the cargo area just the most wasteful design imaginable for transporting, but that stupid removable "command module" thing on the side is nothing short of making this ship as retarded as the Mustang. This whole thing serves no purpose at all.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
Okay, Derek has gone off the deep end about Trump. He doesn't even rail against CIG this hard.
:yarg:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

DapperDon posted:

Not only is the cargo area just the most wasteful design imaginable for transporting, but that stupid removable "command module" thing on the side is nothing short of making this ship as retarded as the Mustang. This whole thing serves no purpose at all.

Virtually all of CIGs designs are freakishly stupid. I don't think there is a single ship that would stand up to atmospheric re-entry... It's totally why I praise E:D's wedges and cones designs, they make SENSE.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You just know that the typical SC fan will just complain about it not being realistic enough because their implementation focuses on fun and convince. Wouldn't want any of that sneaking into SC. Lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

DapperDon posted:

Okay, Derek has gone off the deep end about Trump. He doesn't even rail against CIG this hard.

I'm just glad he found something even less people care about his opinion on.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

DapperDon posted:

To be fair, the Mango Mussolini can do a lot more damage in the coming years than Crobbers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Introducing my new jpeg series: Retarded Ship Ideas (or RSI for short)

THE CONSTELLATION!