Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tenchi Muyo gets me wet posted:

This is Bill & Ted sequel took a grim turn.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Febreeze posted:

Please win Falcons we need a moral boost as a country

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Please win Falcons we need a moral boost as a country

truly america's team

quote:

A string of emails that began in 2010 with the Atlanta Falcons head trainer and reached all the way to owner Arthur Blank showed a franchise worried about its "excessive" reliance on painkillers to treat players and the potential embarrassment that could cause the team and the NFL.

One topic raised in the email chain concerned the review by an outside agency that found the team spent $81,000 on prescriptions for medications for players in 2009 — nearly three times the league average.

Nearly every recipient on the email chain — from Blank, president Rich McKay and general manager Thomas Dimitroff to then-head athletic trainer Marty Lauzon — is still with the team, which plays New England in the Super Bowl on Sunday.

"That's being litigated now. That's not something we're going discuss right now," Dimitroff said Monday night when asked about the emails. "When the time is right, we'll readdress that."

http://pro32.ap.org/article/only-ap...sers/mgiarrusso

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Well now we know why Coach Smith couldn't emote... :catdrugs:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Wouldn't be an issue if the league loosened it's position on weed...

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The 2/3 over the league average is what we're still contractually required to provide to Brett Favre.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
I'm sure Matt Ryan needed a good deal of painkillers given how porous the offensive line was for the past few years.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Josh Lyman posted:

I believe in Catt Ryan, catterback of the Atlanta Falcats

Still have this old thing kicking around in my Imgur account:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/826480902012272641

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
That's probably a symptom of the pain med overdose

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Marshawn did nothing wrong

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

A loss this week will have serious implications for the Falcons' championship chances

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

He needs to be checked for a concussion if he can't even answer that.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The blank stare could have been just because it's such a dumb question

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

The blank stare could have been just because it's such a dumb question

Here's my blank stare towards you for missing sarcasm.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Could the Falcons be toying with Belicheat?!

"It appeared to be the oldest trick in the book, to leave a fake game plan behind," Falcons coach Dan Quinn said with sarcasm about Kyle Shanahan's bag and game plan being accidentally taken last night.

Vaughn McClure, ESPN Staff Writer
e:

And if there were a book of tricks, would they steal that too? :raise:

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

TBeats posted:

Maybe you should just stare at yourself

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

TBeats posted:

Drew Bledsoe definitely would've won three rings if he hadn't gotten hurt!!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Drew Bledsoe definitely would've won three rings if he hadn't gotten hurt!!

I fuckin agree man

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jed needs a new tesla or something

quote:

The 49ers are suing suspended Raiders OLB Aldon Smith to recoup signing bonus money.

Required under the terms of the CBA to re-pay the Niners $1.186 million, the team alleges Smith has still yet to pay $342,000. It's yet another headache for a player who was not reinstated when first eligible last fall. Although he's still only 27, Smith's NFL future is murky. He will reportedly meet with commissioner Roger Goodell in March.

what

a

piece

of

poo poo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hahahahahahaha

Reminder that Jim tomsula cried when they released him and said the Niners were there for him

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

:lol: Nice work

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I presume this is completely true:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kalli posted:

checks out

quote:

Chuck Swierski, Gronk’s former basketball coach at Williamsville North High School (N.Y.), told the story:

“So we’re playing a home game and we have 68 points – now it’s not a blowout, but it’s not a particularly close game either. So he [Gronkowski] gets fouled and goes to the free throw line. He hits the first one to get us to 69 and the place goes nuts because he’s playing into it. On his next free throw, he purposely chucks the ball off the backboard and misses so the score would stay at 69 and then runs back on defense pointing at the scoreboard.”
http://deadspin.com/rob-gronkowski-once-tanked-a-free-throw-to-keep-his-hig-1791836453

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

was literally just about to post this

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

CM Gronk

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao god dammit I love Gronk.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He really is unassailable.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Rex Ryan posted:

"I set the expectations too high," Ryan told the Daily News in a wide-ranging interview on Monday night, his first since getting fired before the Bills season finale against the Jets. "Like, boy, that's a shock. In a way, I felt, why not us? I stepped in where the head coach had quit, the defensive coordinator quit and the quarterback quit on them. So, I thought that it was important at the time to say, 'You know what? Shoot, I believe in you. And I'm proud to be the coach here.' Every bit of that was true. I put that truck (with the Bills logo) around town. I was all-in. Even though those other three had quit, I wasn't a quitter. I was ready. And I wanted to be there. And I wanted to win. And I thought I could win.

"... Let me tell you, I stripped that drat truck the day I got fired," Ryan said. "F--- you guys."

"I don't wish them bad will," Ryan said. "I don't. But I don't wish them luck, either. I'll be honest: I don't wish them good luck. I don't wish them bad luck. I just don't wish them luck. I wish the Jets luck."

I'm really not that bitter and maybe that $15 million is one of the reasons," Ryan said. "I'm not bitter, man. Yeah, I'm hurt. I was hurt by it. There's no question. But bitter ain't how I feel. I'm like, 'Shoot, if they never wanted me here, then fine. I ain't here. I'm not your coach anymore. Fine and dandy.' But I got an opportunity in front of me that a lot of guys don't get. I'm going to see where it takes me. Maybe this a different career and I really enjoy it. I'm hoping that's the way it is. Maybe I get into and I don't like it. Maybe they don't like me. Maybe I go back to doing something I love, which is coaching. I'll never say never. I'm a young guy still. ... I'm healthy. But bitter? Nah. Not bitter, man. I'm really not."

"I wasn't real lucky coming in there with the situation I did," Ryan said. "Hey, that's the way it goes. No excuses. :rolleyes: We went in there and did the best we could. I wish things would have been different. I wish Sammy Watkins wouldn't have had a broken foot and been healthy the whole year. I wish our draft picks would have played. There's a lot of things that I wished for, but at the end of the day, I'm responsible for the product on the field."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kalli posted:

As much as I hate the pats, and the fact he's part of why they're really insufferably good, Gronk can be amusing at times.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Yeah he doesn't seem bitter at all. Good for him.

It's crazy how oblivious Rex is to the fact that his lovely defense is the reason the Bills were bad the past 2 years.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Whenever someone says "no excuses" you know the next words out of their mouth will be a litany of excuses. It's like when someone says "I'm not racist but..."

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

a patagonian cavy posted:

Let's go the falcons. temporary bird gang bitch

Same. If my team couldn't win then I want the team from my conference to win. NFC rules, AFC drools!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yup, right up there with "to be honest..."

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
"Not to be rude, but"

Bacon Taco posted:

Same. If my team couldn't win then I want the team from my conference to win. NFC rules, AFC drools!

ESS EEE SEE! ESS EEE SEE!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The team was also old as hell in 2010 and remained old until smith left.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Spoeank posted:

Hahahahahahaha

Reminder that Jim tomsula cried when they released him and said the Niners were there for him

Speaking of 49ers with an alcohol problem, I wonder if anyone is checking up on Bruce Miller. His Twitter is protected, maybe he'll accept my follow request so I can just ask. Whatever the hell happened had to be more than just alcohol (and maybe pills).

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Tom Brady retire bitch

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

No excuses but, Tom brady retire, and bitch as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have a feeling a QB goes down with a major ir level injury in 51.

• Locked thread