Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Devor posted:

I wasn't quite sure how to interpret this from the context of the following posts - was Magicka DK in a really great place, and now just in a reasonably balanced place?

Are they still reasonable for a newbie to use as a first character?

MagickaDK has been in a poo poo spot since launch, when it was a walking god (ask me about tanking 30 people on a DC vampireDK). Pubbies complained, zenimax listened, and DKs got nerfed to the ground. We're only just starting to get back up to where we are supposed to be (aka a walking god).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
http://www.shacknews.com/article/98829/the-elder-scrolls-online-returns-to-morrowind-in-upcoming-expansion

Proper expansion pack, new class

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

someone's loving fired lol

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ixjuvin posted:

someone's loving fired lol

Agreed.

Exploring Morrowind again in fancy graphics is pretty exciting.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

WE'RE GOING HOME, OUTLANDERS

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Dirt, Dirt, Dirt, Dirt

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda
Stream begins in less than a minute as of this post. :woop:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5xst39v8wE

We're going home, at last.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016
JUNE 6 GENTLEMEN

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
VVARDENFELL AND CLIFF RACERS :perfect: Seht's place is confirmed Trial too.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Don't you dare gently caress this up, ZOS.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Dat full CG render of that Argonian...

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I kinda wish I had fond Morrowind memories so I could share in the enthusiasm, but I'm pretty psyched for a new class and huge new region regardless.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

:getin:

It actually looks this good, too. The worldbuilding guys have really kicked it up a notch from vanilla.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Rollersnake posted:

I kinda wish I had fond Morrowind memories so I could share in the enthusiasm, but I'm pretty psyched for a new class and huge new region regardless.

Now is the perfect time to try it with OpenMW nearly complete and you can download Tamriel Rebuilt and get several hundred hours worth of content out of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they get multiplayer fully functioning by May (the 15th anniversary)
http://openmw.org

Trust me, it isn't just nostalgia/rose tinted glasses, Kirkbride is the only reason why TES is interesting setting/story-wise .

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Is the Redguard with the bear a Warden? Are pet bears gonna be a thing now?

I don't like mmo's where I can't have a wolf or a bear as a pet.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

jfood posted:

Is the Redguard with the bear a Warden? Are pet bears gonna be a thing now?

I don't like mmo's where I can't have a wolf or a bear as a pet.

Warden class will deal with Nature Magic, Frost Magic, and Animal Companions. You can summon cliff racers, and the War Bear is the Animal line Ultimate.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I fully expect you guys to run Selene's with Warden for unbearable ursines, especially if it ends up being good build.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

First two are definitely Balmora, that's tue Odai.

Third one a ruin in Molag Amur, only ashland with lots of lava.

Fourth, maybe Sadrith Mora?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hey juvin, look at the ESO Forums. Then tell firor and the marketing team to look at the forums.

MORE CHARACTER SLOTS. NOW.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Scyantific posted:

Warden class will deal with Nature Magic, Frost Magic, and Animal Companions. You can summon cliff racers, and the War Bear is the Animal line Ultimate.

Is it a full-time bear or just a part-time bear?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

jfood posted:

Is it a full-time bear or just a part-time bear?

It's a partial summon, like the Storm Atronach summon Ultimate from Sorcerer's Daedric Summoning line.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I was told this game is good now. If I'm an EQ2/LOTRO fan, will I like this game?

epic Kingdom Hearts LP fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 31, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

I was told this game is good now. If I'm an EQ2/LOTRO fan, will I like this game?

LotRO is the only other MMO I ever really got into, and I'd say ESO is strictly better, though it doesn't have neat little touches like LotRO's music system. I'm really enjoying the game world even though I knew very little of the series lore before playing ESO.

The combat is less mindless/clicky than LotRO, feels tighter than what little I played of the main Elder Scrolls series, and I think it plays best with a gamepad. It felt insantly intuitive to me because I'd played Dark Souls, and overall feels like a much more lenient version of that.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Is the loot varied and interesting, both in the way of stats and visually?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Real talk tho, I got some major nostalgia chills when I saw the Ministry in that final shot panning out. gently caress man this is gonna be hype.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Do you mind action combat? Do you mind voice acting? Are you a fan of three faction Realm v Realm v Realm PVP? Most importantly, do you enjoy Bethesda open world games? I hated this game in beta, thought it'd fail within six months but it is now the only themepark MMO I've ever enjoyed outside of Everquest.

This is the most enjoyable Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind so I'd give it a chance. You can get a cheap key of the base version here
http://www.gamesdeal.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-pc-mac.html

and the gold edition (Imperial City/Orsinium/Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild) here
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition-pc-cd-key

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 31, 2017

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Visually? Absolutely.

Stats? Well, there's only three main stats. HP, Mana, Stamina. There's a whole bunch of other stuff like Regen, cost reduction, crit, etc, but that's kinda extra on top of the main three.

Not only is there a shitload of styles of armor/weapons, they're all dyeable.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Is the loot varied and interesting, both in the way of stats and visually?

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Styles
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/One+Tamriel+Sets

There are a lot of different style motifs, and a ton of different equipment sets that are both loot and craftable. I'm actually surprised by how easy it is to get great equipment just by doing stuff you want to do, and all equipment drops scale to your level. Hell, I could go back to the starting areas and get the full Training equipment set, and that could still be good endgame equipment for a tank build.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Thank you everyone. Can I still reach end game with the cheap base game? Might get on that $10 key.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Thank you everyone. Can I still reach end game with the cheap base game? Might get on that $10 key.

Yeah, everything scales to your level so you can grind anywhere you want. I deffo recommend getting Gold Edition though.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Yes. The only thing you can't do with that key is any DLC that's not included (not sure if that's the Gold Edition or not).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

lmao so many loving idiots going ballistic that Morrowind isn't going to be available for ESO+

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Sky Shadowing posted:

Yes. The only thing you can't do with that key is any DLC that's not included (not sure if that's the Gold Edition or not).

the only DLC that you wouldn't have access to with ESO Gold are the two dungeons and the Morrowind expansion. Losing out on the crafting bag kinda sucks but you can learn to live without it.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Can I get the $10 version now and then upgrade later on? Any big disadvantages? Maybe just get the cheapo and ESO+? Trying to save money.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I know I've been quiet here for forever but Vvardenfell is pretty baller and I say this as a huge velothi fan creature. If you think you're hyped, please try to understand my restraint.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Can I get the $10 version now and then upgrade later on? Any big disadvantages? Maybe just get the cheapo and ESO+? Trying to save money.

People on the Steam forums say you can. Others say you can't. I haven't done it though. Worst case scenario, you might have to get the glory DLC pack on the crown store for 5500 crowns (you can get 3000 crowns for $17-$18)

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 31, 2017

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Scyantific posted:

lmao so many loving idiots going ballistic that Morrowind isn't going to be available for ESO+

MasterSpatula posted:

I can afford forty bucks, and I can afford it easily. But I've already paid for it. "All future content" was the promise made at the B2P transition.

I have, time and again, defended ZOS on this forum against the accusation of "deceptive business practice." (At least I did before Crown Crates.) More the fool, I, for a contract has been broken, and an unambiguously deceptive business practice is upon us.

this fukken thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
The cheap key doesn't work for that steam version of the game. Is that bad? Do I want the steam one?