Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol doltos cant help being a racist rear end in a top hat

Yeah I'm such an rear end in a top hat for defending Charles Barkley's right to state his opinions. Apparently it doesn't agree with Dexo's ranting so he's allowed to curse me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He's not a politician or whatever but he is very much a public figure. He was loving given a whole TV series called "The Race card" to spout his bullshit on TNT that's gonna be out this year.

I hope he actually believes it because if he doesn't and is saying that poo poo it's even worse.

I'm calling him that because his words are going to do nothing more than give white people who deny systematic racism another famous black dude to cudgel those who face these problems daily with...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh and that edit was because yeah I realized that was a bit much. And unnecessary. So yeah I'll apologize for that.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Basketball is good

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Doltos posted:

Yeah I'm such an rear end in a top hat for defending Charles Barkley's right to state his opinions. Apparently it doesn't agree with Dexo's ranting so he's allowed to curse me out.

No one was attacking his freedom to express, Saying an opinion is poo poo is not the same thing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

He's not a politician or whatever but he is very much a public figure. He was loving given a whole TV series called "The Race card" to spout his bullshit on TNT that's gonna be out this year.

I hope he actually believes it because if he doesn't and is saying that poo poo it's even worse.

I'm calling him that because his words are going to do nothing more than give white people who deny systematic racism another famous black dude to cudgel those who face these problems daily with...

Well at least give the show a shot before you denounce it. I know Chuck says a lot of poo poo that doesn't help the cause (and yes I completely 100% agree with you that systematic racism is still a very real thing that is more prevalent that white people will admit), but the public figure nonsense is used on everyone. You have have to 1. Listen to Chuck in the first place and 2. get your political views from a NBA analyst that everyone on the panel makes fun of. I'm willing to bet he's not influencing as many people as you think, nor should he be demonized because he holds view points that are different from your own.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Doltos posted:

Yeah this is why you'll never change anything in politics, I dont give two shits about you and your whining

Nice edit too you little loving crybaby

I'm not a politician. I'm well aware I personally am unlikely to change poo poo. All I can do is donate money to those who are seeking that change and make better use of what resources I do have.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Doltos posted:

I'm willing to bet he's not influencing as many people as you think

I would disagree here. As posted above, white people are DYING to find people like Barkley to validate their racist viewpoints

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CharlestheHammer posted:

No one was attacking his freedom to express dipshit. Saying an opinion is poo poo is not the same thing.

Then what were you even mad about? Or is your vagina still all sandy because everyones having fun in TFF now and no one cares how much you hate the divisional threads and chat threads?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Doltos posted:

Then what were you even mad about? Or is your vagina still all sandy because everyones having fun in TFF now and no one cares how much you hate the divisional threads and chat threads?

What are you talking about? Make a consistent argument or stand by it instead of this weird non sequitur.

Or am I infringing on your freedom of speech.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Doltos posted:

I don't want to speak for Dexo here, but I think it was pretty clear he wasn't saying Barkley isn't allowed to speak, it's that when he is in his position and says what he says he comes off as hypocritical, an idiot, and damaging. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you won't get roasted for what you say.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Doltos posted:

Well at least give the show a shot before you denounce it. I know Chuck says a lot of poo poo that doesn't help the cause (and yes I completely 100% agree with you that systematic racism is still a very real thing that is more prevalent that white people will admit), but the public figure nonsense is used on everyone. You have have to 1. Listen to Chuck in the first place and 2. get your political views from a NBA analyst that everyone on the panel makes fun of. I'm willing to bet he's not influencing as many people as you think, nor should he be demonized because he holds view points that are different from your own.

Bruh. I literally had someone I talked to like a month ago quote Barkley at me about how black people don't care about black on black crime.

Holding different viewpoints than mine is fine. I don't care if someone disagrees with me on like the tax code, or if someone disagrees with me on healthcare. Equal rights and fairness in policing is something that there is no bridging the gap with me with. There is a correct answer and Barkley's isn't it.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Just lol if you think there aren't a ton of lovely white people sharing Chucks stupid poo poo with each other and saying something along the lines of "he's one of the good ones"

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Can we go back to talking about cool dunks? And how the Cavs need to stay away from Lance Stephenson so Larry Legend can bring him back and he can make 'em dance again?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Just, lmbo if you believe that

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

pubic works project posted:

Can we go back to talking about cool dunks? And how the Cavs need to stay away from Lance Stephenson so Larry Legend can bring him back and he can make 'em dance again?

But he can blow in lebron's ear in the huddle/on the bench. How can you not want that?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

People are annoyed that a person who gets great deal of media attention is saying things that gives credence to an unproductive way of thinking. And he does it in a way that empowers those who don't want to actually address the real problem. So he's both wrong and a distraction. Which I guess he's fine to be if he wants. It's just then fine for people to not want to take him seriously in any other facet of his life

Anyway, we should all calm down. Everyone watch this video and we can get back to making fun of Kevin Durant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQeMhYJe5JA

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

AggressivelyStupid posted:

LeBron did say that, genius

and THEN he said: "He's a hater... What makes what he says credible? Because he's on TV?... I'm not going to let him disrespect my legacy like that. I'm not the one who threw somebody through a window. I never spit on a kid. I never had unpaid debt in Las Vegas. I never said, 'I'm not a role model.' I never showed up to All-Star Weekend on Sunday because I was in Vegas all weekend partying. All I've done for my entire career is represent the NBA the right way. Fourteen years, never got in trouble. Respected the game. Print that."

That's a bitchmade, holier than thou, getting personal for no reason, sucking your own dick, 100% why people hate Lebron set of comments right there.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

Bruh. I literally had someone I talked to like a month ago quote Barkley at me about how black people don't care about black on black crime.

Holding different viewpoints than mine is fine. I don't care if someone disagrees with me on like the tax code, or if someone disagrees with me on healthcare. Equal rights and fairness in policing is something that there is no bridging the gap with me with. There is a correct answer and Barkley's isn't it.

That's fine but if there's no bridging the gap then you have to realize that you're never going to change anyone's opinions ever who already don't hold yours. You also hold an opinion that's extremely hard to convince the other side to believe. By saying gently caress you to everyone who disagrees with you means that you're just pushing those people towards guys like Chuck, who again I don't even think is nearly as bad with racism as you're making it out to be.

CharlestheHammer posted:

What are you talking about? Make a consistent argument or stand by it instead of this weird non sequitur.

Or am I infringing on your freedom of speech.

I made my argument and you pulled the race card because you're completely worthless as a human being

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But he can blow in lebron's ear in the huddle/on the bench. How can you not want that?

Tragically the Pacers died before the long con could succeed.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool dunk that I really want more people to talk about :

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Lockback posted:

Cool dunk that I really want more people to talk about :

Vooch is a bigger pussy than charlesthehammer

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doltos posted:

That's fine but if there's no bridging the gap then you have to realize that you're never going to change anyone's opinions ever who already don't hold yours. You also hold an opinion that's extremely hard to convince the other side to believe. By saying gently caress you to everyone who disagrees with you means that you're just pushing those people towards guys like Chuck, who again I don't even think is nearly as bad with racism as you're making it out to be.

I made my argument and you pulled the race card because you're completely worthless as a human being

No you didn't I called you out on it and you abandoned it like the little bitch you are.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Stop arguing with Doltos. Isn't that, like, an enshrined SAS guideline?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
While you guys were arguing about chuck I was studying the ball

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CharlestheHammer posted:

No you didn't I called you out on it and you abandoned it like the little bitch you are.

God you can't even insult me well enough for me to forum meltdown. That's not even hard to do.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Doltos posted:

Sorry Doltos there is no gap worth bridging between having equal rights, hey stop using unnessecary against these unarmed black people, and Barkley's "no really it's totes okay to profile people because black on black crime."

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Doltos posted:

In my experience, the worthless ones are usually the ones that pull the "pulling the race card" argument

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Nah I think he's on to something. It's Dexo's job to convince racists that they're wrong but he can only do so by being nice to them. If he yells at them for being awful, he's actually contributing to the problem. Hmmmm yes.

An uncle of mine lives in Ohio (Medina?) and straight up thinks that Lebron is the greatest humanitarian/person in living memory.

E: was Lebron's last off-court controversy when his mom got that new car before he was drafted?

zelah fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 31, 2017

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this thread needs to heal right now, and White Chocolate is the only way that healing can come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMptUHKiFe8

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doltos posted:

God you can't even insult me well enough for me to forum meltdown. That's not even hard to do.

Eh to be honest I am losing steam considering how often we are at each other's throat.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Sorry guys I made the mistake of not being a ridiculously left sided poster in SAS and contributing to an echo chamber, my bad.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
77 new posts?!

Screw you guys for making me think Melo got traded.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Doltos posted:

Sorry guys I made the mistake of not being a ridiculously left sided poster in SAS and contributing to an echo chamber, my bad.

There's always something sensitive for you to poo poo up

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

There's always something sensitive for you to poo poo up

What if someone disagrees with him there.

Echo chambers everywhere.

We also have internet argument bingo right here.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's always raining on Waiters Island
https://twitter.com/ShandelRich/status/826505531892314114

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 31, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Also lmao at treating black people like people being ridiculously leftwing

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

What if someone disagrees with him there.

Echo chambers everywhere.

Something tells me he'd fit right in but I can't put my finger on it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Also lmao at treating black people like people being ridiculously leftwing

Something tells me he'd fit right in but I can't put my finger on it

Listen man you're not supposed to roleplay your name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Doltos posted:

So what you are telling me is you can't make a good counter argument to "Famous black person treating racial discrimination as no big deal, is a bad thing" So you are making a :smug: statement and disappearing again?

Like I humored you and answered all your Questions. Hell I even apologized for getting angry and saying gently caress you.

Oh well I guess...

:byewhore:

• Locked thread